Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #351
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

dola

I'm out of the office for a few hours, back around 6EST.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #352
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think we can safely say that King was not a werewolf and was killed by werewolfs. RIP King.

Lathum's death is a little more disturbing to me, because it opens up an entire new set of questions.

Did his role enable him to kill himself by immolation (possibly taking an attacker with him, if he would have been attacked)? Doubtful, but not completely out of the question, since we don't know all of the roles.

Did his role force him to kill himself up? Like, did he have to burn up all of his powers to "out" King?

Is there another character out there that has the ability to kill someone, by fire, if another person gets onto their trail? I think this is the most likely scenario. Something like the Hunter or Brutal Wolf, one of the magicians can do a one-time kill possibly (hopefully just one-time). We probably cannot ever know if King was that magician, but it would seem that he or one of his brethren have that power.

Finally, how many factions are we dealing with here? No idea, but I'm certainly curious. We can assume wolves, since people have died in the typical wolf-fashion. But are the magicians good or bad (or are they trying to kill werewolves and villagers alike?).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #353
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Oh dear. And I thought I was confused before last night's events.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #354
Tigercat
College Starter

I think Lathum knew most of what he talked about, how much I'm not sure. I think he may have been wrong about King, but I have a bad feeling he knew that we wrongly went after Eaglesfan. Quiet people make me nervous in this game, and he didn't give an explanation for why he voted with us for Eaglesfan, so for now I vote for Qwikshot. (an early vote in case I get pulled away by work around the deadline)
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #355
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I think we can safely say that King was not a werewolf and was killed by werewolfs. RIP King.

Lathum's death is a little more disturbing to me, because it opens up an entire new set of questions.

Did his role enable him to kill himself by immolation (possibly taking an attacker with him, if he would have been attacked)? Doubtful, but not completely out of the question, since we don't know all of the roles.

Did his role force him to kill himself up? Like, did he have to burn up all of his powers to "out" King?

Is there another character out there that has the ability to kill someone, by fire, if another person gets onto their trail? I think this is the most likely scenario. Something like the Hunter or Brutal Wolf, one of the magicians can do a one-time kill possibly (hopefully just one-time). We probably cannot ever know if King was that magician, but it would seem that he or one of his brethren have that power.

Finally, how many factions are we dealing with here? No idea, but I'm certainly curious. We can assume wolves, since people have died in the typical wolf-fashion. But are the magicians good or bad (or are they trying to kill werewolves and villagers alike?).

I wonder if the scenario works out like this:

Lathum gets zapped by King who is the dark pact magician and can imolate people. The magicians have a different agenda than the wolves, and neither is aware of the other, resulting in King getting eaten for reasons mentioned before. The sword found on deacon means that he was a dark pact bodyguard. It certainly makes sense that they would have people capable of defending the mages.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #356
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I have no bloody clue where to go from here.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #357
Fouts
College Starter

It appears the only one who knows whats up is Lathum. Unless there is more info out there, I'll be going with him.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #358
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
It appears the only one who knows whats up is Lathum. Unless there is more info out there, I'll be going with him.

Do we assume that he is not a chaotic ghost?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #359
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Do we assume that he is not a chaotic ghost?

Good question. I guess it depends on which faction you are on. Looks to me that Lathum targeted a magician and the magicians burned him for it. At the same time, I think the wolves ate King to kill off a known bad guy (that wasn't a wolf), and make Lathum suspicious at the same time.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:52 PM   #360
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Are we certain that there is a role of chaotic ghost?

I figured that was put there for whenever Airhog died.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #361
KWhit
Coordinator

It seems to me that we have 4 factions (but there may be more).

Werewolves: We always have werewolves and some of the kills look like wolves did it.

Magicians: Pere mentioned them in the intro to the game.

Knights: Pere mentioned them at the beginning of the game.

Villagers: Innocent bystanders.

Each faction likely has their own sub-goals. I imagine that the Knights and Villagers are allies against the Wolves and Magicians, but I'm not sure of this.

Here's what I think about each person killed so far:

Lathum - killed by Magicians
kingfc22 - killed by Werewolves
Eaglesfan27 - Lynched Day 2
ntndeacon - killed by Werewolves
Airhog - Lynched Day 1
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:50 PM   #362
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW

I may not be here before the deadline, so I will vote now.

Uh, I vote Swaggs

Just a hunch. That the voting for someone not in the game could be a way to draw off suspicion.

Quote:
Just want to respond to something. If it is widely believed that ntndeacon is a knight (the sword thing in his death) and he votes with me, would that not be a statement to my goodness?

And the people that voted against me are thereby bad?

I vote TazFTW

I don't like your seemingly random accusation of Swaggs. Your reasoning leaves a lot to be desired. Then later you try a little bit too hard to use deacon's death to paint yourself in a good light. Especially since deacon was the dark cult bodyguard.

Here is what I think you are: the dark cult's seer. Deacon the ghost's near immediate switch to your vote for Swaggs confirms that in my mind. I believe that King was your sorcerer and he burned Lathum as soon as Lathum was on to him.

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-07-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:51 PM   #363
KWhit
Coordinator

I also think that Lathum had some sort of sight and knows something. He ghost-voted for Barkeep this morning. That's good enough for me at this point (but I'm open to changing my vote before 8 if I'm online).

I Vote Barkeep.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #364
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

UNvote KWhit
Vote Barkeep
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #365
KWhit
Coordinator

I have no idea what to make of ntndeacon as a ghost.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #366
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I also think that Lathum had some sort of sight and knows something. He ghost-voted for Barkeep this morning. That's good enough for me at this point (but I'm open to changing my vote before 8 if I'm online).

I Vote Barkeep.

I would agree.

I vote Barkeep.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #367
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Would Lathum have a role that knows so much so soon though? I guess it's possible, but I'm not going to vote Barkeep quite yet.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #368
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I trusted Lathum yesterday, but I'm not sure if I trust Lathum-ghost. I think I like Desnudo's logic today, so...

I vote TazFTW
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #369
Swaggs
Coordinator

I Vote TazFTW

I'm holding onto my same reasons for voting him yesterday.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #370
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It obviously seems as though Lathum had some role. But let us review what he "knew":
He knew that NTN was evil (see post #51). This seems to have proved to be true. He also "knew" that King was evil. This is completely unknown as to whether it was true or not; the death description simply doesn't tell us enough. But let's presume that's true too. Finally he also "knew" that if he was killed, he was killed by a wolf not a tiger (see post 229) strongly suggesting Tigercat is an innocent villager. So what people are suggesting is that Lathum, 3 out 4 times, managed to successfully see that someone was evil? That just doesn't seem likely especially since I know he wouldn't have seen anything if he had looked at me. I think instead we have to accept that the votes of ghost have no real rhyme or reason, or there is some sort of other method at work with them. I think we are much better off looking at the explanations of the living rather than purported messages from the dead. Desnudo presents a good case for Taz, one that holds up to scrutiny far more than Lathum's mere vote does, and so I will Vote for Taz
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #371
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Barkeep.
Vote Taz
Old 07-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #372
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

You lynch me and I will become more powerful than ever. Your dreams will become nightmares.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #373
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

wooooooo. I am a ghost!!! Fear me all who are evil!.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:09 PM   #374
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
You lynch me and I will become more powerful than ever. Your dreams will become nightmares.

What a nice thing to say! Are you eviiiilll, by any chance?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:11 PM   #375
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
What a nice thing to say! Are you eviiiilll, by any chance?

Since you did not understand the hint that I just gave, it should be obvious to the villagers where your loyalties lie.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #376
Desnudo
Coordinator

Are you hinting that you're Obi Wan Kinobi?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:29 PM   #377
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Obviously.

I believe I lead the voting, to quote someone, "In dreams begin responsibilities, so wrote the poet. So it is perhaps. Could it be we take our dreams too lightly, those images from places unknown? Could they in fact be angels in flight, our souls aloft? You know, recent experiences have made yours truly take another pass through the metaphysical thickets. As unlikely as it may sound in this rational age, I emerged on the side of those that cannot help but put their faith in that which cannot be easily explained. Be open to your dreams people. Embrace that distant shore. Cause our mortal journey is over all too soon. "Those cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, the solemn temples. The great globe itself. Yea all which you inherit shall dissolve and like this insubstantial pageant faded. Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff as dreams are made on and our little life is rounded with asleep."

Of course, if I get lynched...
Old 07-07-2005, 05:35 PM   #378
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit

I Vote Barkeep.

Same here. I vote Barkeep.

*crosses fingers*

I'm also not convinced about Taz, despite my vote for him yesterday (which I probably would've changed had I been able to get back online before the vote tally).
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:43 PM   #379
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Vote count (I think):

TazFTW - 5 (Desnudo, BrianD, Swaggs, ntndeacon, Barkeep49)
Barkeep - 4 (Lathum, KWhit, TazFTW, Fonzie)
Quikshot - 1 (Tigercat)
Old 07-07-2005, 05:43 PM   #380
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Last edited by Airhog : 07-07-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #381
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I vote Taz

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #382
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Yep, the villagers are doomed.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #383
Tigercat
College Starter

unvote Qwik, I vote Barkeep, . I fully believe Taz at this point, and do not want to see a villager to his death.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #384
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Of course if I have to give anymore hints to the role that I play, maybe the villagers deserve to die.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:51 PM   #385
Desnudo
Coordinator

If that's your role, then why the targeting of Swaggs?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:51 PM   #386
Tigercat
College Starter

I really wish we wouldn't lose anymore good guys, but it looks like evil has targeted Taz, at least we can have a better idea who to keep an eye on.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #387
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Updated vote count:

TazFTW - 6 (Desnudo, BrianD, Swaggs, ntndeacon, Barkeep49, Airhog)
Barkeep49 - 5 (Lathum, KWhit, TazFTW, Fonzie, Tigercat)
Old 07-07-2005, 05:53 PM   #388
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
If that's your role, then why the targeting of Swaggs?

There are new roles, you know. Of course you wouldn't since you are not in the effective range of my power.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #389
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I vote TazFTW.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #390
Desnudo
Coordinator

I know there are new roles, but that doesn't answer my question. If you can offer me a reasonable explaination of your targeting of Swaggs, then I will consider switching my vote.

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-07-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:56 PM   #391
Tigercat
College Starter

Speaking of which, Airhog, I still believe you were probably a knight or some kind of good force, if you are I emplore you not to vote for Taz. I would imagine you didn't get much of a chance to get info because you died so soon, but I fully believe you would make a mistake helping to lynch Taz. So if you were a force of good, and you can control your own behavior, I ask that you please reconsider. Then again, if you are evil or under another's control, back to hell with ya!

Edit: Same goes for you eaglesfan, if you were indeed an ordinary villager (as you claim), I would STRONGLY urge you to reconsider.

Last edited by Tigercat : 07-07-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #392
KWhit
Coordinator

I could see voting for either one at this point. Right now, I'm going with Barkeep, but I agree with Barkeep's statement that we don't know about Lathum's motives now that he's a ghost.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #393
Desnudo
Coordinator

All right, I'm willing to give Taz a stay of execution. His accusation of Swaggs has me highly suspicious, but Lathum's vote sways me as well as Tigercat's. If he's telling the truth about what I think he's saying, I'll take the chance that Lathum has some insight here. If Taz is lying, then the truth will come out soon enough.

Unvote Taz, Vote Barkeep

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-07-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #394
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

No need for pleas to help me. I figure even if I did survive the lynching, I have revealed too much that the evil doers would have to eat/burn me.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #395
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote TazFTW
Vote Barkeep
Old 07-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #396
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
No need for pleas to help me. I figure even if I did survive the lynching, I have revealed too much that the evil doers would have to eat/burn me.

Even if so, you will not have died in vein.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:10 PM   #397
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Barkeep49 - 7 (Lathum, KWhit, TazFTW, Fonzie, Tigercat, Desnudo, ntndeacon)
TazFTW - 5 (BrianD, Swaggs, Barkeep49, Airhog, Eaglesfan)
Old 07-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #398
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

very chaotic
Old 07-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #399
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would hope that some people will change their vote once more before the deadline. Taz has made many ominous threats, where as I protest my innocence. For making these ominious warnings we are keeping him around? Seems like a mistake to me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #400
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Barkeep
Vote for Taz