Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #451
Danny
Head Coach

Unfortunately I have class before the meeting and will have to leave my vote before hand. I might be able to get on during class as this is the only one I don't mind using my laptop during (since I actually don't learn anything).
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #452
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE DARTH

I feel worse about Darth than CR personally.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #453
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
That presumes that the conspirators have a choice in the matter. I expect the meeting outcome to be more of a 'if you invited x # of conspirators, meeting fails' or more likely 'if x percent of the participants are conspirators, meeting fails' rather than they get to choose whether to sabotage the meeting or not if they were invited. Plus even if that's not the case, I would imagine the wolves would be wary of what extra powers the villagers would get N2 upon conclusion of a successful meeting.

Yeah, hopefully.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #454
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 8, 1939: Georg Elser, a German citizen who despised the freedom restrictions which were placed upon the workers, poor working conditions and low wages.

Elser was a skilled carpenter and had previously worked in a watch/clock factory. Combining these two skills Elser crafted a time bomb in a plan to assassinate Hitler.

Hitler was due to give a speach in Burberbraukeller, a beer hall in Munch. Elser began preparing months in advance as he hollowed out a wodden pillar to house the bomb near where Hitler should be standing to give the speach.

He packed the bomb in days in advance, set it to go off at 9:20 PM the evening of the speach as Hitler was to begin at 9:00. He crafted the device in a manner to deaden the sound of the ticking timer.

Many consider this to have been the most carefully planned attempt of any of the assassination attempts. The work that went into creating the bomb, the precision of the timer, creating the space inthe pillar for the bomb and the carpentery that went into covering it up were all carried out in a precise and skillful manner.

Hitler changed his plans at the last minute due to bad weather at the airport and instead spoke earlier than expected so that he could take a tain bak to Berlin that night instead of his usual plane. He concluded his speach at 9:07, just 13 minutes before the bomb went off.

The bomb killed 8 people and wounded 60 others. Research shows that if Hitler had been standing in the location where he was giving the speach there is almost no chance that he would have survived the blast and history would have been drastically altered.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #455
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 454:

Darth Vilus 5 - PurdueBad (403), Autumn (408), KWhit (436), ntndeacon (440), JAG (452)
ntndeacon 2 - The Jackal (406), Lathum (432)
Chief Rum 4 - Darh Vilus (421), bulletsponge (425), Telle (438), Danny (447)

Yet to Vote: Schmidty, GoldenEagle, J23, Abe Sargent, Chief Rum
Old 10-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #456
J23
College Benchwarmer

Not really wanting to vote for the folks up on the block, so I'm holding my vote until after the meeting. Just an FYI as for why I haven't voted someone yet.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #457
The Jackal
Coordinator

I like the history notes, EF.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #458
Schmidty
Coordinator

Checking in after work. I'll catch up later, as I have to pick my daughter from her after-school karate.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #459
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I didn't ever realize the meeting was 3 hours prior to deadline.

I saw 7 and my brain thought the meeting was the same time as the deadline because the deadline is 7 my time.

My only problem is I may not be on after 2:30 my time. I have class than am going to a happy hour for a co worker of my wife who is leaving. My vote may have to stand

No problem if you dnot have the time

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #460
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As the time for the meeting nears Hitler sends for everyone early. The meetnig will begin ahead of schedule. He calls everyone into the meeting room.

Danny
Telle
GoldenEagle
JAG
J23
Kwhit
PurdueBrad

Enter the room and the meeting begins (Hitler may or may not be in the list).

"Our topic today is the defense of our homeland." Hitler begins, "We must prepare against a potential invasion from the allies. There are many dangers which we face. We must now not only defeat an enemy that is inferior to us but has become like an annoying fly that won't go away until you crush it but we now have a traitor in our midst."

"What we need is a strong defense along the coast, one which will slow them and throw them back into the sea." One voice offers.

"No, we let them land, squash them on the beach and they will not return."

The meeting has several tense moments of debate as it become clear that some of the people in the meeting are not quite suited for discussing matters of defense but they begin to take a minor role and allow those who have the ability to take the lead.

Overall the meeting goes over well. Hitler will gain an additional order tonight, the details will be known only by him.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #461
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

From the write-up (assuming it wasn't just flavor), it sounds like there was a conspirator in the meeting, but overall the outcome favored us so that's good.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #462
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
From the write-up (assuming it wasn't just flavor), it sounds like there was a conspirator in the meeting, but overall the outcome favored us so that's good.

I was thinking the same thing. If there was, they obviously failed.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #463
J23
College Benchwarmer

Sweet. Nice job picking the people for the meeting.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #464
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Also KWhit, in this case, GE has stated who he would like to vote for which lets others potentially use that as momentum to also vote on that person. This type of non-vote also isn't reflected on voting record recaps, so it might be overlooked when looking for patterns.

I just really don't like this method at all.

That is just the way i like to play. Its boring for me to vote early. I like to vote right around the deadline most of the time. It creates a little controversy and mystery.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #465
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay all, let's see what the successful meeting brings. I wanna read theinfo a few times to see if I can divine something from it.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #466
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As the time for the meeting nears Hitler sends for everyone early. The meetnig will begin ahead of schedule. He calls everyone into the meeting room.

Danny
Telle
GoldenEagle
JAG
J23
Kwhit
PurdueBrad

No question Danny belongs on this list. Why the others?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #467
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Interesting meeting. I wish those of us outside of the meeting had more of an idea of what just happened. Hopefully more will become apparent soon.

In any case, it looks like I am going to be out for the night. As I am one of those under serious consideration, I will make my last stance and case, and leave it to the rest of you.

This is re-stating, but I'll say it again: I am just a vanilla Nazi. So killing me hoping to find a wolf will gain nothing. That said, some feel they will learn something from my death, so if I die, you will lose only a vanilla Nazi.

I know already, however, that yesterday's late push on me only created a villager vs villager vote battle, so whatever information you're seeking, you're not going to get it from lynching me.

I didn't have much of a reason besides a Day One reason for voting for Darth yesterday. As usual, there wasn't much to go on. He has since acted somewhat oddly at times, and now I feel better about that vote. That said, at the time, Danny made a good and fair case for the possibility LSG was a wolf, and so I switched. It was a reasonable guess, one Danny bet his game action on. I don't feel bad about switching to LSG (unless DV is a wolf, of course). My last switch to DT was pure self-preservation.

Since I know last night was villager vs villager, I can't really offer any hypotheses for the run on me. Villagers would have known nothing (and two known villagers were involved), and conspirators would have had no reason to push me up into contention. So I would look at early voters for DT and (when you see I am speaking the truth) myself for your conspirators.

In the unlikely event, you all choose DV over me, I will help my own cause. Pure self-preservation again, although I do suspect DV is a conspirator.

VOTE DARTH VILIUS

Good luck, and hopefully I will be alive after the deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #468
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GE or J23, did you guys get pmd?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #469
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, since it seems the meeting is successful, let's go outside it for now.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #470
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Whats the argument against CR?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #471
J23
College Benchwarmer

Nope. I don't know anything more about the meeting than what was posted here.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #472
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

The rational ones want to lynch me for the information they think it will provide them for yesterday's vote. Of course, if it turns out I am a loyal Nazi, they really gain nothing (but at least it's an understandable reason).

Some others have drummed up "he's wolfish" reasons, trying to make out the LSG switch or the move away from DV as being wolf moves, while others have just dropped little to no thought into their vote, copycatting previous votes (the equivalent of "ditto"). That's prime wolf move, BTW, I would look at that down the road.

The LSG switch had some logical sense to it, enough for a known villager to make a bold gut call. It would seem to disingenious to call it "wolfish" now. Misguided, yes. Wolfish? That's a reach. And a move away from DV makes no sense as a wolf move for me, because I was the one who put him in danger earlier, getting him within one of DT at that time, and DV was still the lead "second" voter when I switched to LSG. If I am a wolf and DV is a wolf, why would I have put him in danger in the first place? If I am a wolf and DV is not a wolf, why would I bother to call attention to myself by switching to LSG? Doesn't make sense as a "wolfish" move.

But, hey, people will believe what they want to. Heck, even Danny voted for me, and I made the same move he did.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #473
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

That's what I'm wondering, because I can't decide who to vote for. I have a gut-feeling person, but I can't vote them because it would be pointless because of the run-off between CR and Darth.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #474
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
That's what I'm wondering, because I can't decide who to vote for. I have a gut-feeling person, but I can't vote them because it would be pointless because of the run-off between CR and Darth.

If it's GE, I agree with you.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #475
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, now I really have to go. See y'all later.

P.S. In case I am lynched, EagleFan love the assassination history stuff. Reminds me of Abe's mine union game, where he did the same thing (and that was also well done and interesting). Keep it up.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #476
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, my woman is here, and I want to go and give her my time, so no more WW for now.

Looks like there is a two-way going on, and CR doesn;t get my vote from his votes yesterday, that's silly. So DV, sorry, but it looks like I'ma voting your way.

Vote Darth V

Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #477
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds like the meeting went well, very nice!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #478
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 477:

Darth Vilus 7 - PurdueBad (403), Autumn (408), KWhit (436), ntndeacon (440), JAG (452), Chief Rum (467), Abe Sargent (476)
ntndeacon 2 - The Jackal (406), Lathum (432)
Chief Rum 4 - Darh Vilus (421), bulletsponge (425), Telle (438), Danny (447)

Yet to Vote: Schmidty, GoldenEagle, J23
Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #479
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to keep it interesting. Again, I think both of these are good candidates. I hope one or both are conspirators, but at least it should tell us some things going forwards.

UNVOTE NTN

VOTE CR
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #480
Schmidty
Coordinator

Guess I'll make it even closer, because I don't feel good about voting for either player. I don't want to see a run-away on either side.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #481
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Guess I'll make it even closer, because I don't feel good about voting for either player. I don't want to see a run-away on either side.

Oops, forgot to add this:

Vote Chief Rum
Old 10-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #482
The Jackal
Coordinator

You really like being in the spotlight, don't you, GE? That's what voting at the end of the day often does.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #483
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 482:

Darth Vilus 7 - PurdueBad (403), Autumn (408), KWhit (436), ntndeacon (440), JAG (452), Chief Rum (467), Abe Sargent (476)
ntndeacon 1 - Lathum (432)
Chief Rum 6 - Darth Vilus (421), bulletsponge (425), Telle (438), Danny (447), The Jackal (479), Schmidty (481)

Yet to Vote: GoldenEagle, J23
Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #484
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You really like being in the spotlight, don't you, GE? That's what voting at the end of the day often does.

Its a defense tactic. If I am always looking suspicious, the wolves will leave me alive because they know I could be up for a lynch. So far, I have managed to talk myself out of every lynch since I started playing again. I consider it a skill that benefits the village.

Plus it is fun and makes the game more interesting if I am involved. I will find myself bored and not paying attention if I am not creating a little controversy. It is probably more of an attention whore then wanting to be in the spotlight.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #485
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm pretty sure attention whore = wanting to be in the spotlight, to be honest.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #486
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, you are right. Attention whore just sounds cooler.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #487
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We have a situation within the game and to be honest I don't know how to handle it at the moment.

A conspirator replied to another in a PM and accidentally included another player in the PM instead of me.

I want this to be known now as I really am at a loss at the moment for how to handle this one.

Suggestions?

If we only consistantly had that Reply All button still...
Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #488
Autumn
Head Coach

Hmm, I haven't seen that happen before. Anybody have any precedents? Perhaps have that be the conversion if there hasn't been one, remove the other conversion mechanic from the game, and then punish the wolves somehow? Lose a night kill or something? What a mess.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #489
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's tough from a GM standpoint. I don't really know what to suggest. You should ask the conspirators in general what they want to do, but it may have to include killing off both parties.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #490
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Doh, that sounds bad.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #491
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's a fair idea Autumn, making that the convert, and giving the original convert some different sort of powers.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #492
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Not a bad combo of ideas.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #493
The Jackal
Coordinator

I would suggest people PM EF from this point on with suggestions, so as not to try and lead people as to who the people involved in this situation were.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #494
Schmidty
Coordinator

This game has been great so far - I hope it doesn't end because of something like this.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #495
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The rational ones want to lynch me for the information they think it will provide them for yesterday's vote. Of course, if it turns out I am a loyal Nazi, they really gain nothing (but at least it's an understandable reason).

Some others have drummed up "he's wolfish" reasons, trying to make out the LSG switch or the move away from DV as being wolf moves, while others have just dropped little to no thought into their vote, copycatting previous votes (the equivalent of "ditto"). That's prime wolf move, BTW, I would look at that down the road.

The LSG switch had some logical sense to it, enough for a known villager to make a bold gut call. It would seem to disingenious to call it "wolfish" now. Misguided, yes. Wolfish? That's a reach. And a move away from DV makes no sense as a wolf move for me, because I was the one who put him in danger earlier, getting him within one of DT at that time, and DV was still the lead "second" voter when I switched to LSG. If I am a wolf and DV is a wolf, why would I have put him in danger in the first place? If I am a wolf and DV is not a wolf, why would I bother to call attention to myself by switching to LSG? Doesn't make sense as a "wolfish" move.

But, hey, people will believe what they want to. Heck, even Danny voted for me, and I made the same move he did.

I am voting to know about votes from yesterday, I think either a Darth lynch or you tells us a good amount potentially. My vote is definitely not stuck on you.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #496
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with what was said above. Make the accidentally included villager a convert, give the current player that could be converted a power (another bg, duke, or seer I guess) and go from there. Tough one.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #497
The Jackal
Coordinator

Unless of course the person CCed was Hitler. We don't want him converted.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #498
Autumn
Head Coach

Heh, well Hitler was kind of loony ;-)
Old 10-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #499
Autumn
Head Coach

Anyway, the meeting looked like a success. So it seems like maybe there was just one conspirator, and they need at least two to mess things up? Or else, as posited before, they may have the choice of expending the energy to sabotage things, like in the Marvel game, and chose not to.

I like having this close runoff at least. Hopefully we'll get all the votes in this time and figure something out.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #500
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Another idea which as come up is giving the player that received the PM the role of the person who sent it and then killing off the sender. This would potentially effect the fewest number of people/roles. The conspiracy would then have no action tonight and the bonus action for tonight will carry over to night 3.

Comments?