Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Chariots of Fire - Qvadriga

There I stood, a proud member of the Russata faction, trained in the Roman armies we were renowned for strong Aurigas, men of skill and endurance, with a strong constitution. I had assembled my first team and was now prepared to enter the world of Roman Chariot races at circuses far and wide across 7 regions. Known as Crimson Fist, my initial team consists of three Aurigas (Charioteers) who I hope will all see this journey through.

The Team
Hawkslayer – Likes to use his whip on his opponents
Walik the Wicked – Not adverse to any dirty trick in the book
Ravyn – Prefers to race without resorting to shortcuts

We travel first to Syria and will start our campaign in the city of Ceasarea Inland, a town that offers free travel between city circuses.

Race 1: Hawkslayer represents Crimson Fist against 7 other Teams
Race Event: Under Control – My Auriga is able to avoid the first attempt to crash into him

Lap 1
I start in the far lane and apply the whip out of the gate, but sit in last place as we hit the oval, with Lamech in the lead. Going into the first turn I cut off Dimi and move into 6th place, whipping my horses I threaten to overtake Nachor down the back stretch.

Lap 2
As we turn into lap 2 I lay the whip into Nachor, who simultaneously attempts to crash into my, but I avoid it per the race event. I get past Nachor and apply the whip down the front stretch, moving into 5th. Going around the first turn Jephthan flips his Chariot and is drug down the back stretch on his belly as I whip my and move into 4th place as Jephthan lets go and makes it safely off the track.

Lap 3
Entering the final lap I look to close and as I approach the first turn I notice Jehoakim has crashed and is now being drug behind his team. I apply the whip coming out of the turn, looking to vault into 3rd, but Lamech cuts me off and stops my momentum with the perfect block. Lamech then whips his team and pulls away to take 3rd, while I settle for 4th place and 400 Denarius. Jehoakim takes second as he is dragged over the finish line, while Shama takes the win (his 4th)

Post match I have to spend 300 of my winnings to get two of my horses treated, so it is not a profitable first outing, but at least I finished and add Lamech to my most hated rival list.

Note: Qvadriga is a new Matrix release based on the old board game Circus Maximus in which you assemble a team of Aurigas (drivers) and enter an epic campaign across seven regions and 43 circuses of varying track style as you look to lead your team to fame and fortune. It is a really cool game, simple to learn and quick to play, while still requiring you to implement careful race strategies.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Race 2: I send Walik the Wicked out for Crimson Fist
Race Event: Bribed opponent - One of my opponents has been bribed to brake after the first turn (Need to be sure I am not directly behind anyone)

Lap 1
I come out hard with the whip, then accelerate three times. Our faction is not known for speed though and I sit in last place into turn 1 and it is congested. I slip 3 lanes down through the turn and am now fighting for 5th with 2 others, Dimi lost his Chariot in the turn and is being dragged in front of me. I move up a lane and am in 6th down the back stretch, so I whip the team. Into the turn to lap 2 Dimi would not let go and has died on the track, I am in 4th right behind the hated Lamech, so I attempt to slip down a lane, but drift and am behind him again.

Lap 2
I am in 3rd now and blocking Jehosaphat, but need to get by Lamech so I slip down 2 lanes and go to controlled pace through the first turn, holding 3rd as Nachor losses a horse behind me. I slide down two lanes to the inside and apply the whip as I have a clear path and need to catch Hazael and Lamech, who have opened a decent lead. I brake around the turn into the final lap as I was in danger of tipping and remain in 3rd, barely ahead of Jehosaphat.

Lap 3
I accelerate and then apply the whip as Walik hits the turn for home in 4th, but things are now tighter. I can't afford to brake, so I gamble and go with control through the turn. I bump past Jehosaphat back into 3rd and lay the strap to the horses as the crowd noise rises. A big kick propels me past Lamech, but have to settle for 2nd place and 1200 Denarius, but fall short of Hazael who takes the win.

I have to pay 200 D to fix Walik's Chariot and another 150 for more vet care to one of Hawkslayer's horses, so it will be Ravyn as the only able rider for the next race. Dimi's death is the first I have witnessed and he leaves us with 2 career victories.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-07-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Race 3: Ravyn gets the call for his first race, field of 8
Race Event: Angry Auriga - My Auriga is too angry to accelerate by shaking reins, I will have to only use whipping, which can take a toll
Bet: I put 50 Denarius down at 5-1 odds

Lap1
I start in lane 5 and come out heavy on the whip three straight cycles. I try and move 2 lanes down, but Esau blocks me and he also takes out one of Caleb's horses, this guy is a badass. I can't better my position out of the 1st turn and sit in 5th, well behind leader Shama. I avoid a block by Caleb moving up a lane, but drop to 7th entering the turn for lap 2

Lap 2
Entering lap 2 I lacerate Caleb and he responds by crashing into, we both escape fairly unscathed, but I get ahead of him and cut him off. Jehosaphat is ahead and I drop 2 lanes down, then move up 1 to make the next turn less treacherous. Finally clear I put the whip to the horses down the back stretch and climb to 5th joining a pack of two others, but we trail Shama and Timai by a substantial distance.

Lap 3
A lot of jostling turning into the last lap and my Chariot is badly damaged and halfway down the front stretch I lose my wheels and the chariot disintegrates. Ravyn lets go of the reins instead of being dragged and is run over by Esau as he tries to get off the track, our first fatality!!

Shama wins his 5th race and I am down an Auriga, no prize money and lost 50 denarius on the bet! I spend 150 D to treat Ravyn's horses and another 200 D on Walik's chariot repairs, down to 900 denarius now and Hawkslayer is up for the next race.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

Race 4: Hawkslayer back for his second race
Race Event: Poisoned water – After the first turn all horses can randomly fail to accelerate, even when whipped

Lap 1
As is common with this faction, Hawkslayer with the slow start, sits in 8th while Ram builds a big lead early. Tuge blocks me as I attempt to gain ground in the first turn and I am comfortably in last place now. Down the back stretch I make it into 7th as 5 of us are tightly bunched going into the turn to lap 2, a turn in which Sheraga losses 2 horses, tough break.

Lap 2
Tuge losses a horse in the turn and Nachor is going too fast and flips his chariot, which allows me to sneak into 4th place. I take the whip to Sheraga heading towards the turn, while Jehosaphat’s chariot implodes as well, so we now have two riders being dragged. Hawkslayer manages to pass Chaninai and get 3rd, but we have a lot of ground to make up. Looking back it looks like Jehosaphat has been dragged to his death.

Lap 3
Lamech losses his chariot in the turn to lap 3, so we may be able to get second, but only a miracle will allow Hawkslayer to run down Ram at this point. Looks like Lamech has met his demise as well, Hawkslayer tries the whip twice going towards the final turn but our horses don’t respond. Chaninai tries to slip by on the final turn, but Hawkslayer lacerates him and it looks like we will take second. I block Chaninai, which prevents him from using the whip to pass us and Hawkslayer captures second and 1200 denarius for the team in a brutal race.

Final casualty count shows Nachor and Lamech have been killed, while Jehosaphat survives, but is badly hurt. Ram was dominating leading start to finish and I am sure we will encounter him on the track quite a bit more in the future. Medical treatment comes to 400 D for Hawkslayer and 300 D for the horses, eating up over half my purse for 2nd place. Luckily Walik is ready to go for the next race.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
path12
Coordinator

Ha! I just got this game with the express idea of doing a dynasty on it. Will be reading along (and possibly competing!)
Old 03-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Ha! I just got this game with the express idea of doing a dynasty on it. Will be reading along (and possibly competing!)

Nice, it is definitely a lot of fun and surprisingly deep strategy wise for a "light" game.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Race 5: Walik goes out, driver and horses in peak condition.
Race Event: Drugged Auriga - Auriga becones stunned whenever damaged.

Lap 1
We start in position 8 and hit the oval in 7th. First turn I lose ground and fall to last place and drop down 3 lanes in the backstretch, laying the whip as we approach turn 2 I am blocked by Esau, Cainan leads comfortably

Lap 2
Heading into lap 2 I slip down a lane and draft into 4th place, great turn! I lay the whip and avoid a crash attempt by Esau. Heading into turn 1 Merari cuts me off and Cainan has flipped his chariot going through the turn. I try and lacerate Esau, but he hits me and kills a horse, stunning me in the process, back to 7th place.

Lap 3
Disaster going into the final lap, Shealtiel and I crash into each other, I kill one of his horses, but he kills 2 more of mine, leaves me stunned and my chariot falls to pieces. I let go of the reins and make it safely off the track, defeated.

No money at all from this one, Shealtiel is injured, but I Walik is down 3 horses and has no chariot. I will swap out Waliks remaining injured horse for the spare team, buy a chariot for 600 D and will have to pay 300 D for skipping the next race as Hawkslayer is still not 100%. Great outing....
Old 03-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Race 6: After skipping a race to heal, Hawkslayer returns for the Crimson Fist
Race Event: Dusk - Turns are more difficult to trace (On an already tight track)

Lap 1
Hawk starts in lane 6, a good spot for these conditions, but we are in 7th heading toward the first turn with Ila leading. Through the 1st turn I try and lacerate Dimi, but he dips inside and Hawk sits in last place. Ila loses 2 horse to Merari down the back stretch, and we slide to lane 3 as Hawk lays the whip and then goes for control through the turn, now in 7th.

Lap 2
Shealtiel loses a horse in the turn to lap 2 and Hawk is dazed when we run over it, but somehow we climb to 4th. Shama leads big through turn 1 and Alon has cut us off, so Hawk drops inside a lane coming out of the turn, while Dimi has crashed. Down the back stretch we jump into 3rd as Hawk prevents Alon from cutting him off again.

Lap 3
Still in 3rd entering lap 3 and we slide up and set our sights on 3 horse Shealtiel for 2nd. Jehosaphat tries to pass Hawk and we lacerate him, but lose ground to Shealtiel heading into the final turn. Jehosaphat loses a horse to Merari and I lose 3rd to Alon in the turn. It is now a sprint to the finish, but not only can Hawk not catch Alon, Merari passes us at the wire and we get 5th and only 400D.

Bad strategy and I should have cut Merari off and settled for 4th, but I thought I could catch Alon. We now have 1450 Denarius, but 300 of that immediately goes to mend Hawkslayers mounts. We are still nameless in this city fame wise and have not qualified to travel. Our team is better suited to long tracks and we are suffering on the short track of Caesarea inland.