Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #18803
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Appreciate a YT video or quote?

I don't have her book on hand, but she spoke about how she would berate the local leaders in SWAT valley for how they treated girls. I mean why exactly do you think she got shot?

She doesn't have to berate Western audiences because... well, they agree with her.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #18804
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice young woman. Polite.

Who agrees with Greta's speaking truth to power and endorsed her doing so.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:16 AM   #18805
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I don't have her book on hand, but she spoke about how she would berate the local leaders in SWAT valley for how they treated girls. I mean why exactly do you think she got shot?

She doesn't have to berate Western audiences because... well, they agree with her.

Still would appreciate some sort of quote or yt when you get a chance. I may be wrong but doubt her tone and delivery would rise to Greta's. YT would be best as you can see the tone she is speaking in.

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-24-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #18806
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Still would appreciate some sort of quote or yt when you get a chance. I may be wrong but doubt her tone and delivery would rise to Greta's. YT would be best as you can see the tone she is speaking in.

If he does a book report for you for some reason, what would be the result - you're angry at another advocate for not knowing her place?

I don't think there's ever been a successful advocate in the history of the world who didn't piss a lot of people off. That's kind of the point. Those rattled people tend to be the people on the wrong side of history, over and over again.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #18807
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

How bout you research it yourself instead of forcing the onus on others?

It is so easy to knuckle drag.

I mean is Greta’s tone any different than the kids like David Hogg on gun rights?

Is there not an urgency?

Don’t they have a right to challenge the status quo? Seems to me when they are angry it’s taken the wrong way because it triggers those who don’t want to understand into having to think about it instead of ignore it or rationalize it.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #18808
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Sailing around in a 60 foot solar powered yacht?

Seems like that minimizes that carbon foot print you were complaining about in the other topic. Sounds like walks the walk unlike I would say a majority of us.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 09-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #18809
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
How bout you research it yourself instead of forcing the onus on others?

It is so easy to knuckle drag.

Its because ISiddiqui said she did berate others when I mentioned how Greta did the same? So asking him to provide a quote or YT. Think that is an reasonable ask that many of us here has asked others to do?
Old 09-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #18810
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
If he does a book report for you for some reason, what would be the result - you're angry at another advocate for not knowing her place?

Nope, book report not needed. See above.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #18811
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Its because ISiddiqui said she did berate others when I mentioned how Greta did the same? So asking him to provide a quote or YT. Think that is an reasonable ask that many of us here has asked others to do?

Go to Greta’s Facebook and she has posted a response to those ruffled by her passion. May be too long for some to read but it’s a pretty impassioned response.

Of course it’s classy that Fox News is calling her mentally ill, stay classy Fux.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #18812
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nope, book report not needed. See above.

Go to a library then, not a message board.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #18813
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So yesterday I was driving home from work, and, suddenly, a tire was coming at me.

Turns out that a car going the opposite way lost its front driver's side tire, which then crossed into oncoming traffic (me). I tried to get out of the way, but it hit my left front fender/bumper/tire.

I'm fine (airbag did not deploy). And now we wait to see if the car is totaled or can be repaired (the other guy had insurance, which is nice).

I imagine that I can drive for another 100 years and not have that particular accident happen again.

About ten years ago, I was driving on I-40 between Nashville and Memphis. I was going to pass a truck when it kicked up a tire tread roughly 24” x 6” as I was changing lanes, it took out the driver side mirror. Had I gone a half second earlier, that would have been coming through the windshield. Somehow, I made it home with clean underwear....
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #18814
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Seems like that minimizes that carbon foot print you were complaining about in the other topic. Sounds like walks the walk unlike I would say a majority of us.

I imagine a 60 foot yacht leaves behind quite a footprint solar powered or not.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #18815
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Nah, its the whiny west coast liberal, wine sipping elitist attitude.

Wow, my dad always told me that it's better to have people think you an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Nobody from the west coast is telling you our Earth is getting fucked by our policies (yes, ours and other countries as well). We have a bunch of 80 year old white men setting policy on what benefits their stockholder donors rather than the future generations. It does not take a wine-sipping, elitist to figure it out.

Oh, and I live in Atlanta and drink bourbon.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #18816
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I imagine a 60 foot yacht leaves behind quite a footprint solar powered or not.

Right, but I assume if she had flown you would have pointed out such hypocrisy whereas she promoted traveling in a more minimal state since she’s concerned with climate change.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:37 PM   #18817
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Be more like Malala.

Out of curiosity does Greta got to take a bullet before you take her seriously?

Didn’t do much for all our school shooting victims and gun control.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #18818
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
About ten years ago, I was driving on I-40 between Nashville and Memphis. I was going to pass a truck when it kicked up a tire tread roughly 24” x 6” as I was changing lanes, it took out the driver side mirror. Had I gone a half second earlier, that would have been coming through the windshield. Somehow, I made it home with clean underwear....

Off tangent from my other posts but I actually lost a wheel driving about 25 mph. I was lucky about 10 minutes prior I was doing 60 on a highway.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #18819
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So yesterday I was driving home from work, and, suddenly, a tire was coming at me.

Turns out that a car going the opposite way lost its front driver's side tire, which then crossed into oncoming traffic (me). I tried to get out of the way, but it hit my left front fender/bumper/tire.

I'm fine (airbag did not deploy). And now we wait to see if the car is totaled or can be repaired (the other guy had insurance, which is nice).

I imagine that I can drive for another 100 years and not have that particular accident happen again.

I used to work in insurance. Unless the car is a total beater very doubtful it would total from that
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:52 PM   #18820
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Wow, my dad always told me that it's better to have people think you an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Nobody from the west coast is telling you our Earth is getting fucked by our policies (yes, ours and other countries as well). We have a bunch of 80 year old white men setting policy on what benefits their stockholder donors rather than the future generations. It does not take a wine-sipping, elitist to figure it out.

Oh, and I live in Atlanta and drink bourbon.

Nice effort ... think harder.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #18821
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Out of curiosity does Greta got to take a bullet before you take her seriously?

Nope. I do take her message seriously. Hard to take a whiny kid seriously.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #18822
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Go to a library then, not a message board.

Go to a Library because I asked for a YT link? Don't follow
Old 09-24-2019, 01:07 PM   #18823
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hate a 16 year old autistic girl so you can own the libs.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #18824
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Hate a 16 year old autistic girl so you can own the libs.

Nice segway! Autism has nothing to do with this. Would feel the same if it was non-autistic kid.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #18825
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Right, but I assume if she had flown you would have pointed out such hypocrisy whereas she promoted traveling in a more minimal state since she’s concerned with climate change.

I'm still wondering if she and the other activists are creating more of a carbon footprint rather than shrinking it by their activities.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #18826
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nice segway! Autism has nothing to do with this. Would feel the same if it was non-autistic kid.

Could you be more tone deaf? It's a disorder that is defined by difficulties with social interaction and communication, and you are criticizing her particularly for her manner of communication, while on the largest and most public of stages.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-24-2019 at 01:31 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #18827
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I used to work in insurance. Unless the car is a total beater very doubtful it would total from that

2009 Camry.

I really enjoy not having a car note, so I am all about the repair if that's how they want to approach it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #18828
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You do know that autistic kids tend to express themselves bluntly and brashly, right? Part of the challenges of being autistic is that expressing oneself in a polite or socially conforming fashion can be difficult. This is something that has been widely discussed and written about regarding the autism community.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #18829
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Go to a Library because I asked for a YT link? Don't follow

You asked for a book report.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #18830
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Could you be more tone deaf? It's a disorder that is defined by difficulties with social interaction and communication, and you are criticizing her particularly for her manner of communication.

Hmmm. Another example of Greta speaking ...

Greta Thunberg full speech at UN Climate Change COP24 Conference - YouTube

Plenty of other examples where her "disorder" does not prevent her from communicating as a whiny kid.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #18831
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm still wondering if she and the other activists are creating more of a carbon footprint rather than shrinking it by their activities.

You mean shut up and do as you are told, I guess?
Old 09-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #18832
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You asked for a book report.

I did? Please provide a quote.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #18833
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is not exactly the case, because it is part of her speech to the UN that is on her side, but she has used this language in SWAT.

Malala Yousafzai calls on governments to provide free education for all | World news | The Guardian

Quote:
She criticised the Taliban for their interpretation of Islam in their attack on girls' education. "They think that God is a tiny, little conservative being who would send girls to the hell just because of going to school. The terrorists are misusing the name of Islam and Pashtun society for their own personal benefits," she said.

Imagine if you were Talib or a Talib supporter in SWAT and you heard this girl talking in this way to you. Sounds pretty berating does it not?
Old 09-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #18834
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hmmm. Another example of Greta speaking ...

Greta Thunberg full speech at UN Climate Change COP24 Conference - YouTube

Plenty of other examples where her "disorder" does not prevent her from communicating as a whiny kid.

So you're now to the point where you're questioning a child's mental illness, and have actually questioned the disorder itself. Cool. Cool.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #18835
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry you got triggered
Old 09-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #18836
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
This is not exactly the case, because it is part of her speech to the UN that is on her side, but she has used this language in SWAT.

Malala Yousafzai calls on governments to provide free education for all | World news | The Guardian

Imagine if you were Talib or a Talib supporter in SWAT and you heard this girl talking in this way to you. Sounds pretty berating does it not?

I believe this is the YT speech. Nice, calm, composed.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #18837
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Sorry you got triggered

Nah, all in good fun in the echo chamber.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #18838
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I also don't get this "whiney" claim. Thunberg is anything but whiney. She's passionately, powerfully rebuking world leaders on their actions on climate change.

I don't get why its rude either. It's blunt, but for some issues blunt talk is needed.

Why do the people who clamor for 'straight talk' bristle when it actually happens?
Old 09-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #18839
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
So you're now to the point where you're questioning a child's mental illness, and have actually questioned the disorder itself. Cool. Cool.

I didn't bring up her autism and am not questioning it.

All I am saying is message is good, delivery not so much.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #18840
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I believe this is the YT speech. Nice, calm, composed.

You are insane. The UN address is composed, but far more passionate than calm. Her voice is most definitely raised. And this is in a group that is for her, not in front of the Taliban.

Her second UN speech is far more 'calm'.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #18841
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I didn't bring up her autism and am not questioning it.

Then why did you put disorder in quotes?
Old 09-24-2019, 01:47 PM   #18842
Izulde
Head Coach

Neurologically and biochemically, those with autism are distinctly different from neurotypicals (including greater plasticity that also corresponds to significantly lower rates of cognitive decline and Alzheimer's-related individuals).

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #18843
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You mean shut up and do as you are told, I guess?

You said that not me.

Although it would be preferable to blocking traffic and causing gridlocks like activists are in DC are trying to do(not that the city needs the help). Cause idling cars are wonderful for the environment right?

But I have a hunch these protest are more about feeling good than actually doing good.

However if the kids actually end up doing something productive then bully for them.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #18844
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You are insane. The UN address is composed, but far more passionate than calm. Her voice is most definitely raised. And this is in a group that is for her, not in front of the Taliban.

Her second UN speech is far more 'calm'.

Oh sorry, forgot the link.

Malala Yousafzai addresses United Nations Youth Assembly - YouTube

Is this the first or second you are referring to? This was the one I found close to the Guardian July 12, 2013 article.

If you don't see the difference between her speech and Greta's speech, then we'll have to disagree. I can give you passionate vs calm but there is a world of difference.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #18845
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh sorry, forgot the link.

Malala Yousafzai addresses United Nations Youth Assembly - YouTube

Is this the first or second you are referring to? This was the one I found close to the Guardian July 12, 2013 article.

If you don't see the difference between her speech and Greta's speech, then we'll have to disagree. I can give you passionate vs calm but there is a world of difference.

I don't really see much of a difference there at all aside from Malala is speaking to a group inclined to see her words positively, while Greta is calling those listening out (which is something that Malala did while in Pakistan - imagine how that speech plays out in front of Taliban - the 'they' becomes 'you' for one).
Old 09-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #18846
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Then why did you put disorder in quotes?

Because I didn't believe it should be used as an excuse?
Old 09-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #18847
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
2009 Camry.

I really enjoy not having a car note, so I am all about the repair if that's how they want to approach it.
Unless it nailed your tire perfectly and caused major suspension damage I would be shocked if it totaled.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #18848
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't really see much of a difference there at all aside from Malala is speaking to a group inclined to see her words positively, while Greta is calling those listening out (which is something that Malala did while in Pakistan - imagine how that speech plays out in front of Taliban - the 'they' becomes 'you' for one).

Okay. We'll agree to disagree.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #18849
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Because I didn't believe it should be used as an excuse?

Again, it's a disorder that is defined almost entirely by a difficulty with communication & social interaction. If you don't believe a disorder centered on communication should be an 'excuse' for how one communicates in public than you are absolutely questioning the the disorder itself.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:11 PM   #18850
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nah, all in good fun in the echo chamber.

You’re a Russian plant or a robot. Regardless *wignored*