Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2006, 09:03 AM   #2451
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

The first big swing was the Spleen/Glen vote. I didn't know who was who, but I had a feeling that they were both zombies. I figured with my last minute switch, if we got a zombie, I'd be trusted for the rest of the game. When that worked out, I thought we had won.

The second big swing was the Path killing. That really screwed us. At that point, there was only one zombie left and the zombie/umbrella combination had less than the STARS. The only way for Umbrella to win was to get things down to a 1-1-1 standoff and go for the combined zombie/umbrella win. That wasn't my first choice of outcomes, but it was the only one we had left. In order to do this, we needed to lynch a STARS member or have Mr. Wed make a bad kill and kill himself. We also needed to have two Umbrella killed to keep Chief on our side.

The next day I was going to start pushing for Spleen to be lynched, but the Fouts reveal and the SnDvls reveal messed that up. When people were swinging to SnDvls, I joined in so I would still be trusted. Chief Rum voted with SnDvls to stick with the ploy of being an Umbrella. Side note, when Chief came out as the Umbrella seer, I had a moment of elation thinking about how fun it would be to bust him. Then I realized what he was doing and played along.

Going into day 6 we had a problem. With everybody known, we had to get Spleen lynched. I was hoping that Chief Rum would join be in voting for Dodgerchick. I knew that everyone would be wary of what Chief did and they might vote for Spleen if they thought Chief wanted to take out Dodgerchick. Nobody was around to notice what was going on, and she got kicked out. -Side note, is the voting listed above correct? Did DC get lynched on a 4-3 vote? I thought it was 5-2. If it really was 4-3, I screwed up by not shifting my vote.

I was hoping that my vote for DC would confuse people (since I said I was giving up the game). I was also hoping that Mr. Wed would be upset enough at my lie to shoot Spleen (as if I was protecting him). That didn't happen.

With all of the reveals at the end, I thought we needed to not try to lynch Spleen at all. If people saw CR and I voting for each other, or anyone not Spleen, I thought that might make people question Spleen's faction and maybe take him out. I put my vote in late to try to make people think I was making a last minute play and killing someone other than Spleen, but again there was nobody around to notice and care.

I was trying to work with Chief Rum, but I knew people were going to vote against anyone he voted for. I was hoping he would catch what I was doing, but that never really happened. I was going to try to explain my actions publically, but people would have noticed that strategy talk should have been via PM and would realize we couldn't PM. We really needed someone to make a mistake, but it never happened.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #2452
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I was glad to have some heat on me from Alan, as I thought it kept the zombies off my back. I could have sworn he was the Umbrella leader though.

Great summation, Chief. I thought you did a good job staying alive and creating suspicion. Unfortunate for you that Umbrella didn't play along.

We played along as much as possible, but you guys were so dead on with CR's reasoning for all of his votes that we knew voting with him wouldn't work. We tried going for the reverse psychology, but he never caught what we were doing. This created confusion for all, but not enough for anyone to make a mistake.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #2453
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
We played along as much as possible, but you guys were so dead on with CR's reasoning for all of his votes that we knew voting with him wouldn't work. We tried going for the reverse psychology, but he never caught what we were doing. This created confusion for all, but not enough for anyone to make a mistake.

Brian - I thought you played a great game even after I kinda screw it up for us. you kept trying to confuse the stars players but not enough of them bought into it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #2454
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Brian - I thought you played a great game even after I kinda screw it up for us. you kept trying to confuse the stars players but not enough of them bought into it.

I thought you did alright. Fouts already knew you were Umbrella, so coming out didn't hurt anything. We were short-handed, and we did the best we could.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #2455
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I thought you did alright. Fouts already knew you were Umbrella, so coming out didn't hurt anything. We were short-handed, and we did the best we could.

losing lathum early on hurt us more than we realized I think too
Old 11-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #2456
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Actually, I worded that badly. You were known by fouts, so coming out was a good play. Rather than trying to lie and get caught, you got out on top of the situation. Turns out that it didn't work out, but I thought it was a good play.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:48 AM   #2457
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
After Day Three, I was able to make some estimated guesses on everyone's allegiance and was pretty much dead on (of course, I had the advantage of knowing who the zombies were). Unfortunately, I didn't finish that analysis until after Night Three's actions had been executed. Leading up to that, we had thought Fouts was Umbrella, and our choice for him to be the infection victim was based on the idea of getting someone who was PMing with a bunch of other players in the game. We would know for sure exactly what allegiance everyone was, and what roles for everyone in Umbrella. Alas, Fouts was not Umbrella, but STARS, and he was vaccinated anyway.

I was disappointed to see that my analysis--after the fact--placed Fouts pretty solidly as STARS. Had I completed it faster, we likely would have gone after BrianD instead, I think.

Which would have changed nothing, because all of the Umbrella except for DC were vaccinated too.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #2458
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Which would have changed nothing, because all of the Umbrella except for DC were vaccinated too.

Yeah pretty much everyone that we had even targetted for conversion was vaccinated. . Fouts really gets the MVP for his "vaccinated" role. Ahh what could have been.

I learned a few things in this game

-How not to try and hide your vote. I still don't know how to hide it, but I know one way that doesn't work.
-Don't type things when you are three pages behind and catching up.
-Also don't sit "pat" when you are up for the lynch. I knew better than to beg or simply state "I'm a good guy". I even knew that sitting there doing nothing was a bad idea. I just froze in inaction when things looked like they might go my way. I realize now that that probably wasn't a good idea.
-Oh yeah. Play better.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #2459
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Yeah pretty much everyone that we had even targetted for conversion was vaccinated. . Fouts really gets the MVP for his "vaccinated" role. Ahh what could have been.

I learned a few things in this game

-How not to try and hide your vote. I still don't know how to hide it, but I know one way that doesn't work.
-Don't type things when you are three pages behind and catching up.
-Also don't sit "pat" when you are up for the lynch. I knew better than to beg or simply state "I'm a good guy". I even knew that sitting there doing nothing was a bad idea. I just froze in inaction when things looked like they might go my way. I realize now that that probably wasn't a good idea.
-Oh yeah. Play better.

It is a tough call how to play when you are about to be lynched. You can make all kinds of noise and have people not believe you, or you can stay quiet and have people think you know you are caught. Either way you probably get killed.

Spleen made a whole lot of noise when he was on the block, and the only thing that saved him was having enough people just a bit more suspicious of you. Had you not been a good candidate, and had Hoops not decided to put some people to the test, Spleen would have gone down.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #2460
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
It is a tough call how to play when you are about to be lynched. You can make all kinds of noise and have people not believe you, or you can stay quiet and have people think you know you are caught. Either way you probably get killed.

Spleen made a whole lot of noise when he was on the block, and the only thing that saved him was having enough people just a bit more suspicious of you. Had you not been a good candidate, and had Hoops not decided to put some people to the test, Spleen would have gone down.

The only way you can really play when you're on the block is to make a muddy mess for them to decipher once you're dead and they start backtrailing you. Once the votes start piling on you really have to start thinking about the future of the team moreso than trying to save yourself.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #2461
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

wow, relooking at the list they would have had to pick an under the radar person to infect to be successful. if they had kept with their kill plan
the only people they could have had success with were
Alan, DC, LSG, Mr. W & Spleen
of them only DC and LSG were really UTR people
Old 11-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #2462
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
The only way you can really play when you're on the block is to make a muddy mess for them to decipher once you're dead and they start backtrailing you. Once the votes start piling on you really have to start thinking about the future of the team moreso than trying to save yourself.

I guess that is about all you can do when you are on the bad team. You might be able to transfer suspicion to one of the good guys, but you have to be careful to not have your whole team come to your aid and identify themselves.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #2463
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, why were you so insistent on not lynching Cronin on Day 2 if you didn't scan him? That was the biggest surprise for me in the recap.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #2464
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Tyrith, why were you so insistent on not lynching Cronin on Day 2 if you didn't scan him? That was the biggest surprise for me in the recap.

Probably something to do with not trusting raving lunatics (me)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #2465
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
-Oh yeah. Play better.

I had you pretty well pegged when you ragged on my alan vote and did the same. I knew right then you were a zombie and trying to hide by jumping on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post

agreed. I told both DC & Brian to pile on me when I knew I was going down.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #2466
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

not Tyrith, but I just had a vibe that St. C was good. I knew he wasn't umbrella so that helped some for me. Thought Alan was pushing too hard on a lot of people for little stuff....had some blade-itis early on there Alan
Old 11-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #2467
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had you pretty well pegged when you ragged on my alan vote and did the same. I knew right then you were a zombie and trying to hide by jumping on me.

agreed. I told both DC & Brian to pile on me when I knew I was going down.

Glen's actions is what did it for me too, why I pushed people to go for him on day 4. I just couldn't push people hard after cronin, but I didn't like the Spleen v LSG matchup that was being framed earlier that day.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #2468
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
not Tyrith, but I just had a vibe that St. C was good. I knew he wasn't umbrella so that helped some for me. Thought Alan was pushing too hard on a lot of people for little stuff....had some blade-itis early on there Alan

Yeah. Alot of that was calculated, but having no PC really threw me for a loop on what i was trying to do. I think some parts of my strategy kind of worked, but overall I wasn't too thrilled with the results and doubt I'll try it again for a while.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #2469
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I almost forgot, day 1 I made a comment about wishing I was bad so I could enjoy all of the day 1 chaos and KWhit totally called me on it. It was a very amature move on my part, but luckily the zombies took him out so I didn't have to defend it too much.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #2470
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Glen's actions is what did it for me too, why I pushed people to go for him on day 4. I just couldn't push people hard after cronin, but I didn't like the Spleen v LSG matchup that was being framed earlier that day.

At the time, I really thought they were fake-fighting. They went from not saying anything, to totally being at each other's throats, to deciding they must both be STARS and should look somewhere else. It seemed like the perfect fake-fight. I didn't realize until later that it was a real fight between teammates.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #2471
hoopsguy
General Manager

I knew that I was not going to vote for LSG that day since I had guarded her the previous night, knowing that she could not be the convert. I didn't know what to make of the Spleen/LSG matchup, except the fact that it was tight made me worry that the other factions were creating the close situation - thus making me distrust Spleen a little bit more. But when he opened up the gap on Glen (fueled to a decent extent by Umbrella, as the Zombies were split up) that had me really nervous about the outcome.

Weird game, a couple of different times I ended up doing the right things for the wrong reasons. Better than the alternative, I guess ...
Old 11-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #2472
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I knew that I was not going to vote for LSG that day since I had guarded her the previous night, knowing that she could not be the convert. I didn't know what to make of the Spleen/LSG matchup, except the fact that it was tight made me worry that the other factions were creating the close situation - thus making me distrust Spleen a little bit more. But when he opened up the gap on Glen (fueled to a decent extent by Umbrella, as the Zombies were split up) that had me really nervous about the outcome.

Weird game, a couple of different times I ended up doing the right things for the wrong reasons. Better than the alternative, I guess ...

I'm now wondering what would have happened if I hadn't switched sides with you. We would have gotten the extra STARS death which we needed, but that might have given too much strength to the zombies and probably no trust for me. Would the zombies have won if we'd killed Spleen?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #2473
hoopsguy
General Manager

If you had not switched sides and Spleen died as a STARS then I would definitely have been on the warpath for both you and DC once we finally killed Glen and learned his faction. I would hope that we would have killed Glen the following day, but who knows where the three Zombies would have gone with their kills that night? Probably not Alan and I ... Not sure if MrW would have shot Path.

No doubt, it would have been an extremely different game.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:06 AM   #2474
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you had not switched sides and Spleen died as a STARS then I would definitely have been on the warpath for both you and DC once we finally killed Glen and learned his faction. I would hope that we would have killed Glen the following day, but who knows where the three Zombies would have gone with their kills that night? Probably not Alan and I ... Not sure if MrW would have shot Path.

No doubt, it would have been an extremely different game.

I'm not sure if people would have gone after Glen again or not if Spleen had been killed instead. I couldn't push Glen any at all because no one had any trust in my analysis at that point, and even though I gave what I thought was good reasons, most people ignored them.

I think the only reason people ended up voting Glen was I had offered him up as a suspect and Spleen had hopped on, even then it was mainly Spleen vs Sndvls. Only when Fouts revealed that Sndvls was umbrella people seemed to go to Glengoyne out of default just to have someone to vote for.

I think if Spleen had died and Glen had lived, someone would have come up with a different reason the next day on who to vote for.

I am curious though on why I was killed that night, the only person vouching for me was Umbrella and I thought I had most of the Zombies thinking I was umbrella instead of Stars at that point. I can understand going after Hoops at that point since fouts had cleared him.. but why me?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #2475
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I can tell you where I thought Zombies would go that night - two kills, four potential targets.

You, Me, Fouts, and BrianD

You - you had begun to emerge as a trusted person on Day 4, didn't want you being able to lead discussion with better set of assumptions than you had earlier in game.

Me - similar reasons with you (had not yet revealed bodyguard)

Fouts - seer reveal

BrianD - swung key vote against them, would earn trust for this going forward
Old 11-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #2476
SnDvls
Pro Starter

have to hear from Mr. W on this, but I believe if spleen would have gone down and not glen that DC or Brian would have been his target thus taking himself out of the game as well.

looking back I should have moved (and had typed it in to do) from Glen to spleen to kill someone I was pretty sure was stars. it would have brought all the wrath on me the next day, but umbrella would probally had won too or at least would have a better chance.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #2477
SnDvls
Pro Starter

just realized we are now off by 2 numbers in WW games as there have been 2 repeated numbers.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #2478
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
have to hear from Mr. W on this, but I believe if spleen would have gone down and not glen that DC or Brian would have been his target thus taking himself out of the game as well.

looking back I should have moved (and had typed it in to do) from Glen to spleen to kill someone I was pretty sure was stars. it would have brought all the wrath on me the next day, but umbrella would probally had won too or at least would have a better chance.

That would have been an interesting move.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #2479
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
At that point, I almost certainly would not have felt confident enough to shoot path. I can't say if I would have felt confident enough to shoot someone else. As I said at some point, you get a lot more information out of lynching a bad guy than you do out of lynching a good guy.

Of course, we were thinking in terms of Glengoyne having more value than the average zombie, which turns out not to have been the case.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #2480
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, it's actually within the realm of possibility that I would have gone after Glengoyne.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #2481
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm glad to see that Tyrith is now up to FIFTEEN posts.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:59 AM   #2482
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Oh and my original thought on vaccination was that it was possible that Chubby might have made everyone on Umbrella vaccinated, so that we could only successfully convert STARs. Then I conceived that maybe the research scientist was vaccinating one Umbrella per night. I was afraid of trying to infect anyone that might have been Umbrella, but we felt that doing so would have such an upside that the attempt would be a strong play. In the end, we missed Umbrella, but did go for a what was a pivotal role, it was just that Fouts owned us zombies this game.

I was absolutely going for the kill that night, if I hadn't been lynched. meddling seer.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #2483
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting that this game had no hidden roles, but it did have a few red herring roles. The PC was a complete non-factor, and the Umbrella scientist didn't have a part in the game (though it added nice flavor). I kept hoping that our scientist would come up with something cool at the end, but it never happened.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #2484
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interesting that this game had no hidden roles, but it did have a few red herring roles. The PC was a complete non-factor, and the Umbrella scientist didn't have a part in the game (though it added nice flavor). I kept hoping that our scientist would come up with something cool at the end, but it never happened.

For me the PC not being there was one of the largest factors of the game. Never seen a role that wasn't in the game play such a big part. I think I wasn't alone on that as I am guessing many people's early game strategy was centered around the PC.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #2485
saldana
Pro Starter

interesting that the Chief didnt exist, we were all fixated on figuring out who it was for nothing.

and as i do everygame when i go down in a hurry...what on earth possessed the zombies to kill me on Night 2??!!! (actually, i actually tried to get killed this game...since i was a vanilla STARS, i tried to leave some hints that i was the chief in order to get the zombies to waste a night killing me instead of still looking for the real one...wondering if that worked or i just got killed for the sake of killing me)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #2486
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, you were one of the people I thought could be the Chief early in the game and I almost protected you on Night 2.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #2487
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I had Saldana scratched off my list as possible PC really early. I bet it was something to do with the interaction I had with him though.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #2488
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
interesting that the Chief didnt exist, we were all fixated on figuring out who it was for nothing.

and as i do everygame when i go down in a hurry...what on earth possessed the zombies to kill me on Night 2??!!! (actually, i actually tried to get killed this game...since i was a vanilla STARS, i tried to leave some hints that i was the chief in order to get the zombies to waste a night killing me instead of still looking for the real one...wondering if that worked or i just got killed for the sake of killing me)

You were definitely on the short list for chief.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #2489
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I had Saldana crossed off of my PC list too. I really believed that the PC voted for St.Cronin on Day 1 which is why I was happy to kill Cronin off on Day 2. I figured he must be a zombie and I'd get some early trust. The last person I crossed off my list was LSG which is why I picked her as the first UTR person to go after. She had some early comments which sounded very PC like.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #2490
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Chief Rum actually managed to have a pattern in the first couple of days that had me thinking he might be the chief.

The thing that had me thinking on day 1 was that even though he wound up as part of the crowd, he temporarily had a vote on someone else.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #2491
saldana
Pro Starter

excellent, i had some people fooled then...i did try and give off a chief vibe since i was yet again a vanilla villager (of course i got a decent role in the small game and had to quit on the first day) and figured the best thing i could do for the team was to take some heat and make the zombies waste a kill on me.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #2492
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'm glad to see that Tyrith is now up to FIFTEEN posts.

Now it's 16, take that all you vets!
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #2493
hoopsguy
General Manager

n00b
Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #2494
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

ahhhh good times
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #2495
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If I recall, this was the game that Hoopsguy decided he never wanted to be on the same team as me ever again.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #2496
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
If I recall, this was the game that Hoopsguy decided he never wanted to be on the same team as me ever again.

And he never has
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #2497
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Yep, going from memory we bickered like crazy even though I came around to the idea that we were on the same team.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #2498
Danny
Head Coach

Actually, didn't the same thing happen in spawn 3?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #2499
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Actually, didn't the same thing happen in spawn 3?

Spawn 3 was different I think in that Hoops knew I was good, we just disagreed tremendously on the best method to try to win the game.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #2500
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You know what, fine, I;m going to necro some random WW game now!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote