Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-23-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just one more day (Dead State)

With my operation pushed back a week and needing to basically keep myself well it seems I will be pretty much keeping to myself and staying home for most of this week (they said even a cold would have them push it back again); I have decided that I would try my hand at a Dead State dynasty.

So here it goes, hope I can make it worth the read...

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My name is Jason Underhill. What you are about to read (if anyone is left to read this) is the story of how my life changed forever along with the fate of mankind. I don't even know what happened, it just happened.

I'll begin where my memory is both hazy as far as the little details but one nightmare is forever burned into my mind. A loss that I can never forget but I lost the luxury of being able to remember...

With an unknown virus turning people into mindless, violent shells of themselves I decided it was best to take my family and flee to a location that has not been infected by this horror.

I remember being on the plane. I remember a disturbance in the cabin. There was screaming... I can't forget the screaming.

Panic set in, we are going down. Time to accept my fate, death awaits...
Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I awaken, very shaken and very disoriented. There are flames everywhere. I still hear moaning and screaming. Blood curdling screams that sound as if someone is being ripped apart. Have I died? Is this hell? I fear the answer to the latter is yes, no matter what the answer to the former is.

I hear a voice calling out through the flames. Calling out for survivors. I must make my way towards that voice, maybe I can find safety.

I stumble forward and hear the voice again, this time my mind can makes sense of the words, as I begin to regain a little composure. I believe the voice claims to be a Sheriff; Reinhart I believe.

I see bodies, death is all around. The voice calls out again. Says that anyone alive should be careful, and be prepared to defend themselves. Defend themselves? From what?

I see a suitcase next to a motionless body. Searching the suitcase I find a bat (who travels with a baseball bat?). I grab that as there is nothing else that looks like it would be useful.

Continuing forward... Where is the voice? How can I escape the flames?

I find a gap in the flames near a fence. There is another person standing near the fence, must be the source of the voice. I head towards the man and call out "help me..." Then clarity sets in... My family? Where is my family?

"Help me find my family!!!!"

I near the man, he turns with a moan. His face! His face is half gone and he has an empty stare, not a disoriented empty state but an empty stare that tells me I am in serious trouble.

He lurches towards me flailing out an arm. I duck and swing the bat with all of my force. It lands with a crashing blow and he drops to the ground. The swing took most of any energy that is left in my body, I nearly collapse from the momentum but then hear the voice again.

Regaining my balance I stumble forward. I find an opening in the fence and see a face. That is the last thing I remember of that night...
Old 12-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have no idea how much time had passed while I was out. As I awaken I hear the sound of arguing. I have no idea where I am or who I am hearing.

"Hello?"

They come into view as my eyes focus. There is a small group gathered together and I obviously interrupted some disagreement.

"You are safe" I am told.

I see five people. They are a little ragged and it seems that the stress of the situation they have been thrust into has taken its toll on their psyche.

"We are in the basement of a school." The person identifies themselves as Davis.

A middle aged woman says rather gruffly "You are lucky that my daughter was here." I can tell by her tone that she doesn't seem to want me here.

"Mom, stop."

Davis introduces the daughter as Renee, he them motions to a woman in a bed and identifies her as Elaine, she looks like she is recovering still.

"This is Joel, Officer Joel."

Joel seems to be personable and introduces himself officially.

"What is happening? Where is my family?"

The tone suddenly turns somber. There is a pause before Davis tells me that there were few survivors... I am overtaken by confusion, sadness, grief, anger, denial... it seems that every state of the grieving process has hit me at once along with the confusion of the situation.

"I have to go find them!"

"It has ben over a week" Davis says, seemingly trying to add comfort into his tone. "We have not found anyone else."

Everyone falls silent...

"You are in Texas, a town called Splendid."

"I can't stay here!"

"It is your only choice right now. We are secure, we have a generator and some food." I can hear the doubt in his voice. "Please take some time to look around. This is your new home, like it or not. If we can work together we can make the best of it."

They disperse and leave me to look around...
Old 12-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After taking in my surroundings I have a discussion with Davis and Joel. They tell me what I had already heard prior to the plane crash, about the virus. The biggest difference is that it is much more wide spread than I had thought, guess the government was trying to hide that from us.

There seems to be a reason that we are stuck in the school basement so far; the school isn't entirely safe yet. The fence needs repaired and they don't have the supplies to repair it.

They want me to take someone and go looks for supplies. This must be a nightmare that I am about to wake up from.

Anita tells me that I am not allowed to take her daughter with me. Renee says that she is the only one trained in medicine and that she should go in case someone gets injured. I have a little medical training so I ask for Anita to joins us.

I find a few supplies and find a wrench, a knife and a medical bag with a few bandages. This will have to do.

Time to head to Llano to find the hardware store. Is this what my life is going to be? It's as if my life has become a post apocalyptic video game.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anita, Joel and I arrive near our location. Immediate surroundings do not look promising as the first thing that I see is writing on a building that declares "All Dead Inside"; right now that is how I feel... dead inside...

Then I see it clearly... "Daddy!!!" It's my son's face, crying for me as he is panicking in the plane just prior to the crash. I feel so helpless...

I shake off that feeling, must concentrate on the task at hand. Grieving is a luxury that I can't afford right now, I can't let this distract me. Make it through this, make it through today, then maybe I can face what has happened. Just one more day...

Anita motions ahead, "The hardware store is that way."

As we near an intersection, with the hardware store on the opposite corner, I see a person standing in the middle of the street. This isn't a person at all, it looks like a person but there is no sign of a soul, no sign of anything close to humanity.

Joel motions for us to quietly approach. "If it doesn't hear us we can get the drop on it."

We near it and I get a strike on it with my wrench. The others try to get into position but it lunges at me and knocks me to the ground. I feel defenseless as it tears at me, I am injured badly.

I stumble back to my feet, Joel hits it with his night stick. Anita takes a swing with a bat and knocks it to the ground. It lies motionless. We have survived this encounter but I am badly hurt.

I bandage myself best that I can but am still rather injured. We need to find what we are looking for and return to the school as soon as possible. Maybe I should have taken Renee...

We enter the hardware store...
Old 12-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We encounter another creature inside. It comes at me and drags me to the ground, ripping into me. I can feel death near but Anita crushes its skull with a mighty blow. It is down but another comes out of nowhere around the corner of the aisle.

Joel gets between me and the creature and hits it with his night stick. Anita is quick to respond and again shows her ability with one swing, the creature is down.

I use my remaining bandages but am in serious condition. We need to loot and leave as soon as possible.

We grab some supplies from a couple shelved, knock down a door to one back room and find more supplies.

As we head into a storage room Joel is taken by surprise by a creature behind the door and is mildly injured. Anita and him manage to fight the creature off as they motion for me to stay away as I am too badly injured.

Anita takes point as we loot the back room and then quickly head back out of town to return to the school.

We return with our loot and Davis shows me where we are keeping our supplies and tells me to rest; I am again seriously injured but thankfully we all made it back.

I drop off our supplies and get some sleep...
Old 12-27-2014, 01:04 AM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am still in bad shape after waking up and discuss the situation with Davis. We need the fence repaired. I ask Anita, Davis and Renee to work on the fence.

Then I go looking for medical supplies. I do not stand a chance if I go out looking for supplies in the condition that I am in.

We get the fence fixed and I get some sleep.

Morale is getting bad as we need food and medicine. I am not in good shape yet but put together a group to go hunting. Taking Joel, Anita and Renee. May get some crap from both of them later for taking the other but we need the experience and the medic.