Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #251
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

RPI is added to the standings screen. I've got plenty of space to work with there so let me know if there are any other suggestions.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #252
whomario
Pro Starter

@ heavyreign :

great to here that most those little things are allready covered/about to be covered

as for the depth chart : Iīm just an idiot. I didnīt realize there was a drag and drop option when you grab/klick the position description instead of the name This way itīs more than fine, i just didnīt realize we didnīt have to use the up/down option ...

Thanks for the heads up regarding the watch list

One relatively big issue, since that was one of the changes you announced : Redshirts are still very, very frequent with the demo, are you still pondering with that ?

I freaking love the option to have the records show the Top50 and not just the Top 10 anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
RPI is added to the standings screen. I've got plenty of space to work with there so let me know if there are any other suggestions.

maybe the respective home and road records ?

Last edited by whomario : 03-23-2010 at 03:38 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #253
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Reducing redshirts more is on my list of tweaks left to do.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #254
Emmett13
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Once your able to play out a a few seasons the engine is pretty accurate stat wise to the college basketball stats today.

That's what I figured. On FBCB1, I'd always sim a big chunk of seasons before I took over, and never had a problem with any stats. The default, created rosters always seemed to have some insane seniors.

Last edited by Emmett13 : 03-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #255
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
You can make unlimited offers for each position.

Can you expound on this a little? If I offer 5 coaches, 3 of them are top level guys and I offer them all $200,000, and the 4th and 5th are "backup" targets who are only worth $125,000 but that I'd be happy to get if I fail on the first 3... is there any sort of logic in place to go for the better/top/more expensive guys first or is there a chance that you'd get any one of the five and that you might get the worst one even if the best one is still available?

Either way its a great improvement.

Also, I haven't gotten to the end of a season yet to see it in action, but I saw there are placeholders in the HTML for all the postseason tournaments, which is really outstanding as well.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #256
Emmett13
College Starter

Oh! I haven't been able to find the 'play-in' game yet for the NCAA tournament.

Also, is the Great West a "NCAA tournament bid" conference? I don't think they are, but they will be eventually, I imagine. So in 20 some odd years of simming will they still be a lame duck conference?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #257
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett13 View Post
Oh! I haven't been able to find the 'play-in' game yet for the NCAA tournament.

Also, is the Great West a "NCAA tournament bid" conference? I don't think they are, but they will be eventually, I imagine. So in 20 some odd years of simming will they still be a lame duck conference?

Play-in game is in the league options and is off by default. Did you turn it on?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #258
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Can you expound on this a little? If I offer 5 coaches, 3 of them are top level guys and I offer them all $200,000, and the 4th and 5th are "backup" targets who are only worth $125,000 but that I'd be happy to get if I fail on the first 3... is there any sort of logic in place to go for the better/top/more expensive guys first or is there a chance that you'd get any one of the five and that you might get the worst one even if the best one is still available?

The game rates each of the assistant coaches for each job. Then it goes in order processing the #1 assistant, #1 recruiter, #1 scout, #2 assistant, #2 recruiter, etc. Each round runs the top 30 at each position or top 50 for the initial hiring period in the first season. So while it is possible you might get a lower choice it is unlikely. The only way for it to happen is if someone you have lower on your list as a recruiter for instance comes up on the scout list or assistant list before your higher rated recruiters.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #259
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Curious about how transfers stats will shape up. As far as separating the stats on the player card.

I don't see anywhere on a player's card saying what school he's on, short of the team logo. However, it is hard to distinguish what team that guy's on when the logo is just a W. So maybe putting what school that player plays for on the player card in print.

Credit Card is ready to go.

When you first click on check avaliable transfers on "your to do list"

Everybody's school is listed on the far right.

On a players card, on the botton click from the "view statistiscs" circle over to the "view noteables" circle and the players team is listed right there for ya
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #260
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

This can be turned on or off in the editors. Just go to that conference and change "Conference gets automatic tourney berth" to yes.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #261
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
Play-in game is in the league options and is off by default.

I changed this back to on by default. Didn't notice that I changed that when I redid the new game screen.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #262
Emmett13
College Starter

Quote:
This can be turned on or off in the editors. Just go to that conference and change "Conference gets automatic tourney berth" to yes.

So, if I give the Great West a tourney berth does that add one more play in game? Or does that take away one at-large selection?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #263
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So HR, you can't open a player card while simming a game in coach mode? That was something I always enjoyed doing.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #264
Galaril
Pro Starter

Only questions I have when you get a chance is for the tournaments;
-Does the AI seed the teams or do we do that manually?
-Does each conference have conference tournaments ?
-if there are confernce tourneys do all the conference tourney winners get automatic bids?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #265
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Only questions I have when you get a chance is for the tournaments;
-Does the AI seed the teams or do we do that manually?
-Does each conference have conference tournaments ?
-if there are confernce tourneys do all the conference tourney winners get automatic bids?

AI, yes (except the Ivy League; might be customizable), yes (unless you customize it)

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 03-23-2010 at 04:28 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #266
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
AI, yes (except the Ivy League; might be customizable), yes (unless you customize it)

Thanks. So I hope the at large bids never go to schools with losing records like in Action Basketball

Last edited by Galaril : 03-23-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #267
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
So, if I give the Great West a tourney berth does that add one more play in game? Or does that take away one at-large selection?

Takes away at-large bid.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #268
molson
General Manager

I'm getting excited.....this is an automatic purchase for me.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #269
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

It takes away an at large.

Quote:
So HR, you can't open a player card while simming a game in coach mode? That was something I always enjoyed doing.

I might be able to find a workaround. The issue comes from the fact that it is much harder to pause what is happening on one form and show a new form under the current set up. You can still view the player screen while the game is paused. You just have to pause it first.

Quote:
Does each conference have conference tournaments ?

RPI got the others. I'll just confirm that this is customizable. The default is that everyone but the Ivy League and the Independents has a tourney. If you want, you can set it so nobody has a tourney. You can choose which conferences have an automatic bid and which do not. You can choose how many teams play in each conference tourney.

Teams with losing records will not be given at large bids.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #270
Emmett13
College Starter

I really like the efficiency and pace stats, but I was wondering if you couldn't put those under 'team info' as well. Unless I'm missing them, you have to go to team statistics then sort through all the teams to find yours.

I also really like the 3PA/FGA stat, if you could put that in somehow, gives a great idea on how many three pointers a team really shoots.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #271
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

while we are on the subject of adding the RPI :

Would it be in any way possible to add it to the coaches Poll screen ? And conversely add the coaches Poll position to the RPI screen ? *just thinking out loud here*

another thing : Only judging from a few test recruiting classes, it seems a bit odd that a ton of higher ranked guys are really small for their positions (a ton of 5ī11 SGs, on average it seems as the lower ranked guys (say 3 star compared to 4/5 stars) are taller although still pretty small. Canīt scientifically back that claim up, just thought iīd throw it out there
Like the mix at PF/C, seems a bit off a PG/SG/SF.

Last edited by whomario : 03-23-2010 at 05:08 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #272
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've posted a one-season beta demo for anyone who wants to try out the new game and help catch any remaining issues before release.

oh hell yeah
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #273
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Much like the first game, some of the obscure stuff in here is really making the college hoops nerd in me happy. Like being able to customize which days the different conference tournaments take place on. Damn I love this franchise.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #274
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
It takes away an at large.

I might be able to find a workaround. The issue comes from the fact that it is much harder to pause what is happening on one form and show a new form under the current set up. You can still view the player screen while the game is paused. You just have to pause it first.

RPI got the others. I'll just confirm that this is customizable. The default is that everyone but the Ivy League and the Independents has a tourney. If you want, you can set it so nobody has a tourney. You can choose which conferences have an automatic bid and which do not. You can choose how many teams play in each conference tourney.

Teams with losing records will not be given at large bids.

Sold! This is awesome. I am really going to be on board with this when it comes out.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #275
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I haven't even installed yet, but I do know that this game will be worthy of an Alright Boyz thread when the official release becomes available.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #276
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
I haven't even installed yet, but I do know that this game will be worthy of an Alright Boyz thread when the official release becomes available.

That is for sure.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #277
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Wow...nice graphical update to the game.

Just running through a quick test run...

On the hot seat screen, I like how the calendar has color coded dates for home vs away games. After the game is played, any chance of coloring the background of that particular day to quickly indicate a win or loss? Maybe light green for a win and pale yellow for a loss...
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #278
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I was thinking of changing it to show W or L.

Icy's error 9 is likely due to region settings rather than Windows 7 64 bit. I'm working on it.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #279
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I'll see if I can't get a real logopack done by the end of the night...

Edit: lol, briefly forgot there are over 300+ teams. Probably a two night project.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 03-23-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #280
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I was thinking of changing it to show W or L.

That works just as well.
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #281
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
I'll see if I can't get a real logopack done by the end of the night...

Edit: lol, briefly forgot there are over 300+ teams. Probably a two night project.

Pretty sure someone else is working on that.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #282
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pretty sure someone else is working on that.

Who? Icy? Or someone that must remain anonymous?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #283
LloydLungs
College Prospect

On the conference tournament tab, getting kicked with a run-time error 9 when I accidentally click on conferences whose tournaments aren't seeded yet. This might only be a year 1 issue anyway since there is no previous season on record to display.

Gotta say though, love the new tournament page -- looks a lot cleaner, and complete with scores now! The little things...

Interface overall is an improvement on what was already a very good interface.

Last edited by LloydLungs : 03-23-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #284
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

Someone from the beta team was working on a set.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #285
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Not me, i can't do mods for any text sim as i'm under contract at WS.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #286
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Will be back in a while. I need to run to the store to get another box of kleenex.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #287
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Can be easily changed by the user, but FYI the SEC does seed by divisions in its tournament -- the default is on no. Also, in tournaments that feature first round, second round, semi-finals, and finals, semi-finals is spelled "sem-finals."

This has been The Nitpick Hour. Thank you.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #288
MJ4H
Coordinator

This is awesome.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #289
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

It looks like the "color-coded" overall rating is a little off - pretty much everyone, if not everyone's defense rating is equal to or greater than their offensive rating. When I look at the Pro Prospects, for freshmen there is a pretty wide spread of offensive ratings, but every single one has Blue defense (as does every other class year).

Not sure if it's an issue with the initial player file or the way "overall ratings" are calculated.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #290
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

cur/fut
Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #291
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
It looks like the "color-coded" overall rating is a little off - pretty much everyone, if not everyone's defense rating is equal to or greater than their offensive rating. When I look at the Pro Prospects, for freshmen there is a pretty wide spread of offensive ratings, but every single one has Blue defense (as does every other class year).

Not sure if it's an issue with the initial player file or the way "overall ratings" are calculated.

RPI im confused as to what you mean. Do mean the colors on the left hand side of the screen next to the freshman's name?

My bad Ben just answered your question. Those colors are the ratings for that player. current/ future potential

Last edited by muns : 03-23-2010 at 07:06 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #292
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

It'd be cool if on the team schedule there was a blurb, like w-l, rpi, etc. next to each team.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #293
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
RPI im confused as to what you mean. Do mean the colors on the left hand side of the screen next to the freshman's name?

My bad Ben just answered your question. Those colors are the ratings for that player. current/ future potential

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks. No clue where I got offense-defense from!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #294
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Logos until someone comes up with a better one...
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #295
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That's what I figured. On FBCB1, I'd always sim a big chunk of seasons before I took over, and never had a problem with any stats. The default, created rosters always seemed to have some insane seniors.

I'm not sure if I am speaking out of line or not but on the latest beta build, default rosters create very realistic stats. My latest was 68% from free throw line, which is in line with real NCAA.

Last edited by Balldog : 03-23-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #296
Buccaneer
Head Coach

There is so much new and improved, I am awed. Great job Brian!

I just quickly ran through the season with my usual routine (in about 30 minutes). I wrote down some notes, knowing that they probably repeat what others have said and that these are fairly superficial (mainly user operations and the interface). But for the record:

1. On the New Game screen, fix the tab settings for the 4th tourney and its name

2. I tried the Open Folder thing (to see if I could load in my current career) but I didn't understand what it wanted.

3. I love the Hot Seat but in some of the off-season tasks, I wished it popped me to another screen (like the email screen) after simming month.

4. On Schedule Proposal, I really wish there was some way to select many and reject all proposals. But being able to arrow down works as well.

5. I know it's a matter of getting used to the new interface, particularly the content frame on the left, but I did miss the group headers from FBCB1. I know that once the season starts rolling, you used all of the slots, so it's cool not to take up any more room with groupings.

6. When it hit November, I really expected to see how I did recruiting, not realizing that recruiting still continues. It got me thinking that if I'm in Hot Seat, I would love to see the player status box become an email box or something dynamic like that. This also goes along with one of my later comments.

7. Training Schedule: one of the key things I use when setting the training number is being able to sort by Year, as well as by Position (i.e., the amount given to attributes like conditioning is predicated upon Year for me).

8. I had look hard to figure out the bars, knowing that it is cur/fut, but it wasn't obvious. The bar scale seems to be off. In some cases, I couldn't determine what the number means. Perhaps have 6/8?

9. Also, I don't like the darker gray future bar against a black background.

10. This is another thing we'll get used to but I wish there the player color tab key on each screen.

11. Here's my main comment: I like how you can sim games in the Hot Seat, as well as in the League Schedule. But I wish there was some way to combine the information. For example, if I am simming (day or to a date), I wish it automatically pop to the League Schedule screen (so I can watch the simmed games as they happen). But what I really need is to see the Player Note. I am a fast simmer but I pay attention to everything. When I was simming a two weeks block, I didn't really know what was happening results-wise. When I did the same thing on the League Schedule screen, I knew the results but I lost contact with my team (e.g., email notifications or more importantly, player notes).

12. Love the status bar on both season screens. Is there a way to add Conference place?

13. Bubble Watch: sort by in/out?

14. Where do I find the Team List screen?

15. I was sitting in Hot Seat simming into March but I got no notification that it was conference tournament time. It didn't show up on the calendar or as a to-do notification (I ended up blowing right through it without realizing it).

16. Did I miss the Selection Show? This was one of our very favorite feature of FBCB.

17. Save As is very critical to have.

I know these deal with interface issues but I just focused on user operations and pacing with the actions. There is so much I love (like being about to print out anything, the more-graphical brackets, recruiting, the expanded Team Snapshot and so much more).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #297
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
There isn't a way to resize at the moment. Bumping your screen resolution up one notch higher would work but let me look around and see if I can find a setting that will allow you to move the game up a touch. Another option would be to temporarily drag your task bar to the side of the window if that still works in windows 7.

I'm not sure how many others have a similar setup, but I figured I would let you know that my resolution in Windows 7 is 1920x1080 and can't be bumped up any higher. For the demo I'm not worried about it, but it is something you might consider in the final version. I don't know about Taskbar dragging (the Taskbar is radically changed in Windows 7 and I couldn't figure out how to do it easily). In the meantime, I'll just play on my laptop.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #298
MrBug708
Head Coach

Can I just buy it now? I dont mind if it isnt finished
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #299
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
16. Did I miss the Selection Show? This was one of our very favorite feature of FBCB.

I do miss the selection show. Maybe it isn't feasible with the new tournament bracket screen? I'm loving the scores on the bracket though... if it's a tradeoff, so be it, but I'd love to have the selection show back.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #300
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
I do miss the selection show. Maybe it isn't feasible with the new tournament bracket screen? I'm loving the scores on the bracket though... if it's a tradeoff, so be it, but I'd love to have the selection show back.

The selection show was awesome in the first game. Please consider bringing it back.