Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Amazing Race Returns - TBD

The Amazing Race will return on Monday, September 25th.

This will not be a standard werewolf game by any means. It will encourage and reward active participation and effort (but quality over quantity).

There will be two parts of the game. One will be the race itself and the other will be a werewolf game of deceit and lies. Players will not be fully eliminated until they have been "removed" from both parts of the game, you can get "voted out" day one but still be able to fully participate in the game until your race team has been eliminated. The same would apply in reverse.

I will add more details over the next few weeks and will be on vacation for the last two weeks of August so I plan on having all the key parts posted by then. Signups are open.

Looking for a large enough even number of players to allow for randomly assigned teams of two. If we don't get enough players the game will change slightly so that it will be individuals controlling the teams.

Last edited by EagleFan : 09-24-2017 at 10:02 AM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Race Rules

Each portion of each leg will have a base time value and an "overflow" value. Player stats will determine the overflow amount of time used up. In addition to the base calculations will be an additional value that is designed to give the more creative plans a better result.

Each Leg may have one or more of the following segments, many of these segments will appear multiple times in a leg:

Getting from one segment to another:
- Drive time
- Taxi time
- Walk/run time

Major travel:
- Flight time
- Train time

Challenges:
- Roadblock
- Detour
- U-Turn

Each segment will have default minimum times (and a max). The times for each team will fall into that range and will be based upon the team's decision, the player's abilities and a random event roll.

The race is laid out similar to current seasons of the race, which means there will be choke points.

Abilities
Each player will have abilities which will play into various portions of the race.

Travel - How well can you get from pint A to point B
Physical - Can you just power through a challenge
Mental - How quickly will you see solutions
Luck - We can all use a little luck

WW Rules

The "werewolves" will be a group of players looking to maximize their winnings from the race.

The Race has been plagued by issues with past contestants and they are looking to alleviate those issues. All contestants have signed contracts which include a clause which will force them to forfeit their prize if they should violate one of any number of conditions which have been laid out. A growing group of contestants formulated a plan to release negative accusations about various other contestants in order to force them to forfeit their prize. They have worked out a deal with the network which will give them a portion of that prize, thus making them money and saving the network money.

The Race has been run and the perspective of this game will be that of the race being replayed on television and the contestants all gathered together to watch.

As each "episode"; or day as we will call it during the game, is revealed these wolves may contact other players to join their ranks, they may "research" a contestant to find that contestants buried skeletons, they may reveal a "fake" story about a contestant to force them to give up their winnings or they may reveal a player's skeleton which they previous uncovered which will also force a player to give up their prize.

When a player gives up their prize they are out of the "werewolf" portion of the game. A PLAYER MAY BE BROUGHT BACK. How is that? If a player was removed due to a fake story a player may be returned to the game if the wolf who released the fake story is uncovered by the daily voting. Basically, a fake story may be temporary but a true story will be permanent removal. The player will know if they were victim of a fake story or not.

Here's the catch; a wolf may also be removed by a fake story and will lose the ability to vote during the day phase but can be brought back in when that fake story is uncovered.

Last edited by EagleFan : 08-06-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Summary

Leg One
The Race Begins - Niagara Falls, NY

Leg Two

Leg Three

Leg Four

Leg Five

Leg Six

Leg Seven

Leg Eight

Leg Nine

Leg Ten

Leg Eleven

Leg Twelve

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-24-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Signups

1) britrock88
2) Chief Rum
3) Autumn
4) JAG
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Last edited by EagleFan : 08-06-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
britrock88
Pro Starter

Oh geez, in.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I will put myself in at this moment, although life might get crazy between here and September. Just in case it doesn't, though...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm in, this was fun last time.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added some details about how the werewolf part of the game will work.

Basic rundown:

Both games happen in tandem. The perspective will be that of the race being run and the results being shown each day to the players. The werewolf part will be an attempt to "steal" winnings from others.

A player may post unless they have been removed from the werewolf part of the game and their team has been eliminated from the race.

A player may be removed from the werewolf for bogus reasons ("fake news"). If it is revealed that they were removed for that reason they will return to the game.

Everyone has a skeleton in their closet. If that is revealed, either through wolf research or daily "lynch vote", the player will be removed from the werewolf part of the game and forfeit their "winnings".

Going to try to explain this better as we get closer. The idea is for there to be two distinct games going on at once.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #9
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, that sounds pretty neat. I'm in. I will be offline during the workday but will give it my best shot otherwise.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #10
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm in if enough people end up signing up
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Pushed back a couple weeks but going to happen; even if we have to go single person "teams".
Old 09-24-2017, 02:54 AM   #12
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

In! Woot!
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:02 AM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Welcome.

But I have bad news. I will have to put this on ice indefinitely. Work has gotten to the point where that whole Planet X prediction for yesterday didn't seem like such a bad outcome. I will be at risk of getting sent to clients' sites with little notice. I wouldn't feel comfortable running a game and getting pulled away like that.

I still want this to happen; I just don't know when.