Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #751
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

So how many do we think are left? 1 or 2 more? What's the chance they have converted someone?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #752
saldana
Pro Starter

good work today guys....i will try to be a little more helpful than last night's ghost who tried to point you all at me. to blade

i only get one post, so i will try and make sure to remeber to cover everything...

what happened last night....as you may have noticed, in my corporeal life, i was insane...constantly plagued by voices in my head and paranoia...they were becoming increasingly worse as time went by. last night i attempted through a combination of magical and conventional medicine, to rid myself of these voices with the belief that had i succeeded, my former powers, which i cannot recall at this time, would have been restored to me. i hope you all can see that despite the outcome, i was acting in the best interests of the Orzhov in trying to cure myself. The death of AlanT was purely an act of a maniacal madman, and sheer chance that he stepped in front of me in my fit of lunacy. (although personally i dont really feel bad about it cause i still owed him one from when he was the brutal wolf and killed me)

now that i exist only on the ethereal plane, the maddness that held me in its grip is no more, and i have full command of my faculties, save the loss of my memories prior to my illness.

concerning tomorrow's suspect list, I think Chief Rum deserves some attention from you. His annoucement that he was a Devout Believer in the middle of the Hoopsguy/Fouts situation was completely unneccesary. It, coupled with the declaration of Hoops the next day that he scanned CR and found him to be devout, should be immediately questioned...i dont believe hoops did anything that night, including scan me. fouts was aware that he was being scanned, i received no such information, so either fouts had powers that i did not, or hoops was lying about his scans

i am apprehensive about trying to push though to the corporeal plane after last nights unmitigated disaster, so let me know if you think i should try it before the end of the night phase and i will do what you all think i should
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #753
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Saldana, I am not sure if it is worth the risk you pushing through tommorow unless you have so key information to give us or get very, very concerned. The extra highliting on Chief Rum was very helpful indeed and only further increased my suspicions on him.

Also, if there is a bodyguard out there, I kindly request his protection tonight.

See you all in the morning.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #754
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, we haven't really talked about why sal is the only one of the deceased members still in communication with us... anyone have any ideas?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #755
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Saldana, I am not sure if it is worth the risk you pushing through tommorow unless you have so key information to give us or get very, very concerned. The extra highliting on Chief Rum was very helpful indeed and only further increased my suspicions on him.

Also, if there is a bodyguard out there, I kindly request his protection tonight.

See you all in the morning.
You and me both.

Swaggs: I have no real insight on that matter at this time, though I will say I believe it only to be a temporary ban based on the wording meaning that tomorrow we can benefit from the wisdom of our other deceased members, most notably Alan T. Or at least that's my hope since I think he could have some real guidance for us.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #756
st.cronin
General Manager

I think there's one left (Chief Rum?), and I don't believe there has been a succesful convert - we just have too much information about the night activities for that to have happened, imo.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #757
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a reminder, all ghosts are silenced tonight due to the pyschic trauma earlier today unless they died after Alan T died (salanda and path are allowed their one post, should they choose to take it)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #758
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I think there's one left (Chief Rum?), and I don't believe there has been a succesful convert - we just have too much information about the night activities for that to have happened, imo.
Refresh my memory: do we know what they were doing on Night 2? But I can only hope that we're down to just 1.

Also let me say on a note of metagaming: I hope CR is not a Dimir, though he does seem like our best suspect right now.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #759
st.cronin
General Manager

Night 2 was when they went after KWhit, wasn't it?

knives out
Old 08-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #760
KWhit
Coordinator

Yes, I believe that is correct.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #761
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ahh yes. I had forgotten about that little incident. It does seem like the bad guys have been stymied at every turn in this game.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #762
Swaggs
Coordinator

Here are my thoughts on Chief Rum:

The day that Fouts "won" the vote over hoops, CR was quite vocal that he would seek revenge on behalf of Fouts and indicated that he had the ability to do something about it. Now, I think most of us would have kept that information under wraps and just acted on it, if we intended to use it. But, CR is a rookie WW player, so perhaps he made a rookie mistake telegraphing his intentions. At the same time, I can see him just acting that way on the advice of a more experienced Dimiri teammate.

Complicating matters for me is the fact that I intercepted a spell intended for hoopsguy that same night and nullified it. Could that have been CR attempting to kill hoopsguy? I think so. Someone, presumably not a Dimiri since they would have already known hoops' identity and wouldn't have wanted to attack him, attempted to reach him with magic, so the question is who and for what reason?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #763
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Swaggs do you know that what you interupted was hostile?

Something I didn't mention as I was saving it in case people started listening to path, was the idea that the seer would be a seer by nonmagical means. While many of us came out with the idea that doing a seer attempt on Hoops was a bad idea who's to say that this wasn't what was done? Alternatively I could see it being some sort of spell which was intended to help hoops carry out an evil deed and thus was a Dmir on Dmir spell in order to facilitate hoops' action.

Not to make too big of a deal of it, but I don't want to just open the door for CR to come in an do a "role reveal" only to be able to fake it because of all the clues he's been given.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #764
Swaggs
Coordinator

I honestly do not know the intention of the spell, whether good or evil.

I do know that the night before, I blocked the spell that he was trying to perform, so he did not need any assistance to perform his magic, but I guess he could have been enhanced or something by it.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #765
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I honestly do not know the intention of the spell, whether good or evil.

I do know that the night before, I blocked the spell that he was trying to perform, so he did not need any assistance to perform his magic, but I guess he could have been enhanced or something by it.
Well that actually played into my thinking. As you were able to block his spell, perhaps the Dimir can "team up" to make it more likely that their spell goes through, though at some risk to the supporting spellcaster?. We've seen this in other games.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #766
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Go away for a day of work and other obligations, and when you come back, you're head might be on the block, I see.

It's ironic that the "role reveal" which may save me was suggested as possible by Barkeep just a few posts up here, because that is really what I must do. So now, no matter what I say, you will all no doubt be suspicious anyway.

I can say this for sure: if you kill me, you will lose the only chance to save that one last Dimir.

I feared this revelation would make me a target of the Dimir, which is why I did not reveal the specifics prior to this, but I am every bit as much the devout Orzhov believer that I claim to be, so devout that I can convert a Dimir to an Orzhov, one time in the game.

Swaggs is correct. I did attempt a magical attack on hoops that night (coincidentally, he sought me out to "check" my devotion), in order to convert hoops to an Orzhov. I did not know if he was a Dimir, but after the day's activities, I strongly suspected it.

Swaggs had, for whatever reason, chosen to protect hoops that night, and his protection stopped my intended conversion. I was told hoops never caught on to that, and that only I and Swaggs (well, who I later discovered to be Swaggs anyway) were aware of this exchange.

Swaggs early the next day asked me (publically) to keep quiet, not referring to me by name, and I did so. Swaggs' continued allusions to this encounter in the past few hours is again a reference to that same encounter.

I hope that I have given enough detail to clear me, although I now believe that I may become the number one target of the remaining Dimir, as I have a power which is worse to them than death--conversion to an Orzhov.

As for the revealing too early about my intentions or my revelation of being a devout believer, I must confess I probably ran too much with my first opportunity to actually interact in a WW game, and said too much. I did feel bad about the Fouts vote, and felt I had the ability to make things right (and maybe I would have, if Swaggs didn't protect hoops that night).

My late vote in that, BTW, was merely because of working all day. I couldn't even read the thread until right before deadline and had to make a rushed decision (and a bad one, unfortunately), I voted for Fouts, really, on a gut instinct.

Unfortunately, I am working both of my jobs tomorrow, and will be unlikely to be able to debate this throughout the day. I can only hope that some of this will ring true for you all, and that you won't waste a day on me that could be used looking for a Dimir (or a Gruul, if one exists here).

BTW, because Swaggs protected hoops that night, I still have my once-per-game ability to convert a Dimir. Like Alan T, I am unbribeable, so I cannot be turned by the Dimir. I can only be killed.

Hopefully this time tomorrow, I will still be alive, and the last Dimir dead.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #767
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I like this reveal now, actually. Because it gives us something variable, it seems, by morning. And not just with Swaggs verifying CR, but also with Chief Rum giving us something from someone else.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #768
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The calm serenity of the evening belies you minds and hearts. What's happening? Have the last Dimir decided to scurry away, or is this merely the calm before the storm?

Night Four has ended, Day Five has begun, and will end at 9:00 pm EST Friday Night

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-04-2006 at 02:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:33 AM   #769
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What is the desire of the group regarding the weekend? If you want to play, I'll play, but I don;t want anybodu to feel forced to play on the weekend.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:55 AM   #770
KWhit
Coordinator

Wow. A quiet night. That worries me (possible conversion).
Old 08-04-2006, 08:08 AM   #771
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Nothing eventful for me last night.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #772
st.cronin
General Manager

A very quiet night. TOO quiet.

knives out
Old 08-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #773
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Wow. A quiet night. That worries me (possible conversion).

That didn't happen.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #774
KWhit
Coordinator

How do you know?
Old 08-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #775
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

KWhit - It's my role to know.

I was not approached with a bribe nor was I the one doing the approaching. There was a bribe attempt and it was unsuccessful.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:20 AM   #776
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I have to be at work 1 - 10:30pm tonight so if anyone has any questions feel free to fire away while you can...
Old 08-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #777
Swaggs
Coordinator

Nothing eventful happened to me last night, either.

Chubby, what exactly do you know about the bribe attempt?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #778
st.cronin
General Manager

Nobody tried to bribe me, either. It sounds like Chubby knows who tried to do the bribing. If he does know, I think he should say.

knives out
Old 08-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #779
Swaggs
Coordinator

Chubby and Schmidty are at the top of my suspect list right now. I'd like to know what they have each been up to the last few days.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #780
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Chubby and Schmidty are at the top of my suspect list right now. I'd like to know what they have each been up to the last few days.

I agree. I about 80% believe CR's story.

knives out
Old 08-04-2006, 11:19 AM   #781
Swaggs
Coordinator

Here is something I am looking at to help decide, since it is pretty much the only relevent vote (Day 1 was between two of us and Day 3 was firmly against path after BK's reveal):

Quote:
Day 2 votes:

Fouts - Hoopsguy (335), Cronin (438), Tanglewood (441), Chubby (450), Path (471), Rum (472)

Hoopsguy - Fouts (336), KWhit (346), Barkeep (361), Saldana (364), Swaggs (388), Alan (474)

Quite a few last minute votes that swung against Fouts. We obviously now know that path was Dimir.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #782
st.cronin
General Manager

Did Schmidty not vote that day? Or did he vote for somebody else?

knives out
Old 08-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #783
Swaggs
Coordinator

Thinking outloud a little bit more...

I think we are close to breaking this one open.

I am compelled to believe Chief Rum at this point. If he did not make the attempt against hoops during Night 2, hopefully the responsible party would have invalidated his story by now.

Both Chubby and Chief Rum made late votes on Day 2 to help swing the vote away from hoops. This isn't damning evidence, just pointing out that neither is cleared or damned by that particular move.

Schmidty has been quiet for a few days and, I don't believe he has voted in the past two days. If he is inactive and is the last Dimir, could that be why they have not been successful in their night actions?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #784
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Did Schmidty not vote that day? Or did he vote for somebody else?

He did not vote.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #785
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I know who attempted to bribe but I can specifically say as I'm bound by magic in reagrds to that. however, I can vote for whomever I choose

I am Orzhova. The time of trimuph is at hand.

There have been two bribe attempts.

Last nights was unsuccessful.

The bribe attempt two nights ago [u]was[/b] successful. I believe you know who that is.

Schmidty is NOT Dimir. He was the person who was almost bribed.

My vote have been for the greater good and they will continue to be tho this should be the final day of voting.

Vote Barkeep49
Old 08-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #786
Swaggs
Coordinator

Why did Barkeep lead the charge against Path yesterday if they were on the same side?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #787
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Since I have to leave for work, how I know everything is...

I'm a Orzhova spy in with the Dimir. Schmidty can back everything up as far as last night goes. Scan either me or my vote if you stil don't believe me.

After tonights lynch the game should be over (pending any Anxiety twists)
Old 08-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #788
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why did Barkeep lead the charge against Path yesterday if they were on the same side?

To cement his place in the COT. He however didn't know my role, until now with everyone else.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #789
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, if Schmidty is the last Dmir, he has not been inactive at night, just unsuccesful (if Chubby is to be believed). I think a case can be made against Schmidty, but I don't think you've done it. I think it's between Chub and Schmidt.

knives out
Old 08-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #790
st.cronin
General Manager

hmmmmm

knives out
Old 08-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #791
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Schmidty never has been Dimir. He was the bribe target last night.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #792
Swaggs
Coordinator

If we believe Chubby, we have to also believe that more than one of the Dimir had the ability to convert AND that they were capable of making night kills.

Still, this is a beyond risky statement for Chubby to make with no heat on him, since he is dead and the game is over if he is lying.

I'm not sure where to go with this info.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #793
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

As for why we went after Barkeep for our conversion two nights ago, we knew he was in people's COT. I didn't even need to suggest to offer up path, it was done for me. Now with one to go, it's the best time to reveal myself and end the game.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #794
st.cronin
General Manager

Chubby, why did the bribe fail last night? And why did it succeed the night before?

knives out
Old 08-04-2006, 11:40 AM   #795
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If we believe Chubby, we have to also believe that more than one of the Dimir had the ability to convert AND that they were capable of making night kills.

Still, this is a beyond risky statement for Chubby to make with no heat on him, since he is dead and the game is over if he is lying.

Why?

Night one - kill attempt
Night two - kill attempt
Night three - succesful conversion
Night four - unsuccessful conversion

hoops had the power to talk to people, it was related to his public role as Poticuf Maximius or whatever. He was allowed to do that and order a Dimir action since talking to the true believers wasn't a Dimir action.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #796
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby, why did the bribe fail last night? And why did it succeed the night before?

AS the new "leader" of the Dimir (I am now the senior most member of the Dimir as I'm the last original) I send in the action.

I sent in a bribe attempt with a max offer of 1 gold. An offer i knew would be refused as our succesful attempt cost 800 scepters. This would out the last Dimir and ensure an Orzhova victory.

I had no control over the previous bribe attempt as path was still the leader and the one sending in the actions.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #797
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I HAVE to go to work now which is why I came out with everything now and not later. Also, Schmidty will be able to verify the bribe attempt as he rejected it.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #798
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

He definitely had some heat on him. If he's lying, it's possible he's not the last Dimir - it's possible last night he converted (bribed?) somebody. So two dimirs - we lynch Barkeep, a night kill (or another conversion?) and ... then it's 6-2, or 5-3 at worst. They'd at least be back in the game.

Fwiw, I believe that last night there was a SUCCESFUL conversion. It's just a hunch, though.

What makes it bad, though, is that Schmidty will have to back up Chubby. So if it turns out Chubby is lying, then Schmidty looks bad, too. So let's see what Schmidty says, if anything.

knives out
Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #799
Swaggs
Coordinator

Chubby, who were the attempted kills against?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #800
Swaggs
Coordinator

and also, who among the Dimir were to carry out the kills?