Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #851
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Chubby, did you know the Orzhov secret roles?

No, I had no idea who was what but I wasn't really concerned with that. I was more concerned with making sure I didn't do anything to make myself look like a good guy to you while not decimating the good guys.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #852
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I did make, I feel, an error.

I did not predict a question by tanglewood last Night on his role, so I had no rule prepared to deal with the situation.

Fouts, as the seer, had a 75% chance to figure out a person's guild affiliation each night.

tanglewood was a backup seer. He had a cumulative 20% chance each night to discover a person's guild and role.

That means there was a 95% chance to seer each night instead of the normal 100%. tangle only hit once, but it was on Barkeep, and that was an interesting thing when the Dimir went after Barkeep.

Oh, I *loved* writing Swaggs and hoopsguys pm on Night One. I got off on describing that battle and spent maybe 10 minutes or more on each pm.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #853
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Barkeep - on the bribe, I had to send in the "who" it was we'd bribe along with "how much we're willnig to pay". You were authorized to offer ONE gold.
After the fact I figured you'd done something like that. Although I would say that seems like the sort of thing I should have learned in my PM, not that it'd have made a difference.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #854
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, Barkeep, I wasn't going to initially include your role because I created 24 roles and only had 14 players, I obviously had to not use some roles. But, when you said you wouldnt be around much next week, I gave you this particular role. You had a self-terminating role. The more your invoked your brother's spirit, the more your would be drained, until he killed you and resurrected himself, and I would have added a new player to the game.

Your pms would have gotten worse and worse every time you invoked him, so you would have had some warning.

The brother is the old Masgter whom st' cronin's father had assassinated, and would have been the only person besides KWhit able to ascend to the Magster's role.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #855
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
After the fact I figured you'd done something like that. Although I would say that seems like the sort of thing I should have learned in my PM, not that it'd have made a difference.

Yeah I was happy to see that fact when you sent me your results PM
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #856
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Oh, Barkeep, I wasn't going to initially include your role because I created 24 roles and only had 14 players, I obviously had to not use some roles. But, when you said you wouldnt be around much next week, I gave you this particular role. You had a self-terminating role. The more your invoked your brother's spirit, the more your would be drained, until he killed you and resurrected himself, and I would have added a new player to the game.

Your pms would have gotten worse and worse every time you invoked him, so you would have had some warning.

The brother is the old Masgter whom st' cronin's father had assassinated, and would have been the only person besides KWhit able to ascend to the Magster's role.
I got that from the first PM and said as much in my communication to Chubby and path. I was a little less sure after I didn't get it the second time I used it, but that was why I was only using the role every other night.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #857
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If Schmidty had made you an offer, say 400 gold, then you would have consulted with your GM to find out how much you were allowed to give. Then I would have told you that your GM informs you that your limit was one gold and you had to refuse. Schmidity happened to be the last devout.

One disappointment I had was Blade's quick death. I beleive that with three posts per night and Blade having an ability to channel a spirit once per night (the chalnneled spirit had the ability to post all day long, no consequences, no cap to the number of times) that the "Dead are hanging around" would have had a greater impact on the game.

If I were to rewrite the game, I wouldn;t have made Blade's death result is the loss of the spirits.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-05-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #858
hoopsguy
General Manager

I thought the story-telling in this game was very good, both in the PMs and the public material in the thread.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #859
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I got that from the first PM and said as much in my communication to Chubby and path. I was a little less sure after I didn't get it the second time I used it, but that was why I was only using the role every other night.

Your Night thee pm should have included the following phrase:

" A short while later you awake with a splitting headache. You decide to get up and are one of the first ones awake when you hear a growl coming from the infirmary..."

Old 08-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #860
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought the story-telling in this game was very good, both in the PMs and the public material in the thread.

Thanks!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #861
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I learned a lot, where I could have been better, and where I could have done different things.

Thanks to you all for bearing with me!!!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-05-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #862
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Your Night thee pm should have included the following phrase:

" A short while later you awake with a splitting headache. You decide to get up and are one of the first ones awake when you hear a growl coming from the infirmary..."
Figured with all the other excitement it was accidently ommitted and hadn't changed how I saw the role.

Quote:

I'd agree that it was a well written game.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #863
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, can you post something that covers the full private roles people held? I'm interested in seeing how some of our "2nd choice" solutions might have worked out, as the first choices clearly were not the best ...
Old 08-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #864
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Nicely ran game Anxiety and hooray good guys!

Kinda frustrating that the one night I hit on a view, I got someone who was converted later, but in the end I guess it didn't matter. MVP award has to got to Chubby who was excellent for the good guys, wih a very honorable mention to Saldana who was brilliant.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #865
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like fun, let me see if I can do it rom memeory (my stuff is on my work computer):

st. cronin - Orzhov Magister - votes counts as two (secret rule, votes drops to one after successfully voting to lynch an Orzhov, regains after successfully voting to lynch a Dimir). Ability - Watch your Back - can be used three times, cuts chance of success of attacks in half.

KWhit - Orzhov Prelate - has Acid Knife, non-magical glass blade with acid inside that breaks when used. Properties interfere with magical attack but then ruins the knife. Stops one attack, then is gone. Ability, starting third night, can Assassinate Magister. Having Acid Knife when doing this doubles chance of success. Rises to Magister when current one dies (secret info - Assassinate chance of success is 50%. Acid Knife increases by 50%, Watch Your Back by Magister decreases by 50%, creatign a nice little cat and mouse game between them).

Old 08-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #866
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next up, the Dimir:

Chubby - Dimir Infiltrator - Scans as unknown. On Night three can pick a guild to aling with, but begins with all of the powers of the Dimir. (Secret Info - choosing a guild changes scan from unknown to guild. Choosing Orzhoiv grants the following Night action - Sabotage Dimir Action. If Chubby is the one taking the action ,atutomatically fails with none o fthe negative consequences associated with being caught).

path - Dimir Soulscourge - Second in command of Dimir mission. Night Action - Soulscourge - eradicate a ghost, completely removing it from teh game. Can be used twice, and not until Night three.

hoopsguy - Dimir Master/Pontifex Maximus - Can Pursuade the devout, (there are three). Pursuade tells hoops whether or not they are devout. A pursuaded devout can have their vote hopped once, only on the following day, and can only be pursuaded once.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #867
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next up, the Devout. All devout are immune to bribes.

Schmidty - Orzhov Purist - twice can resurrect a ghost to a regular person. Ability is obvious to all once used making him a target. (secret rule, cannot res a Dimi in case he tried)

Chief Rum - Orzhov Evangel - Once can try to convert a person. If dimir, will instantly convert back to Orzhov. (secret rule, geases on character remain, preventin gthem from talking about Dimir in forum at all)

Alan T - Orzhov Censor - Can pm with Aedile of Administration and knows Aedile at beginning of game is clean. Has Night Action - Invoke Your Inner Might but does not know what it does. (Secret info, Once invoked, realizes that it makes him invulnerable for that night and the folloiwng day. Action can only be used every third day.)

Old 08-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #868
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Assorted other roles:

Swaggs - Orzhov Metagame - Night action allows him to target a person and no magic can go to or from that person.

saldana - Has the Night Action - Silence the Voices. Does not know what it will do. Is paranoid, and should post that way. (Secret, 50/50 chance of silencing making him crazy and killing a random person or curing him and him gaining a new role. New role would have been selected randomly among those not used in game.)

tanglewood - Aedile of Library - Could pm with Censor. Cumulative research ability metnioned befere.

Blade - Orzhov Medium - Channel a ghost and when dies ghosts posts decrease.

Fouts - Orzhov Seer - can view someone and get a 75% chance of determing guild.

Barkeep - Orzhov Something (I forget what) - Brother of dead Magister can invoke his spirit's protection (secret rule 1 in 6 chance of six possible things it will do, from guiarding Brkeep to revleaing info on current events and so forth).

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-05-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #869
st.cronin
General Manager

Excellent work, Anxiety.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #870
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks st. cronin. Hopefully you can get your game in next since mine went short

Old 08-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #871
Fouts
College Starter

Negative vibes to all those Orzhov that voted to lynch me. Whenever I tell the truth, I find myself killed.

I knew that hoops had a good chance to talk people into voting for me. There was no way I would return from class before the lynch, so I told the truth, and hoped for the best. Hoops comes up with some crazy role reveal and people still believe him.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #872
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and props to Chief Rum who used his ability at the exact right time to do so (Night Two on hoops) but was BG blocked by Swaggs. Good job at reading the gamne for his first time!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #873
Fouts
College Starter

Oh and since you are here Anxiety. It was a tie vote on me, but I was still lynched. St. Cronin shouldn't have had two votes since he killed blade.

Am I missing something?
Old 08-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #874
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

He got his double vote back with a successful vote for hoops on Day Three, and kept it through pathon Day Four

Old 08-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #875
Fouts
College Starter

I'm talking about day 2, when his double vote lynched me after his double vote lynched blade on day 1.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #876
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

He didn't get a double vote, so the vote was tied, and hoopsguy bumped Alan T's vote to make is 7-5 instead of 6-6.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #877
Swaggs
Coordinator

I enjoyed this game, Anxiety.

I felt good about my action the first night, blocking hoops. But then, felt terrible the next night, when I realized that I had kept him alive.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #878
Fouts
College Starter

Ah, I didn't realize he had that much power. I'm still disappointed in these guys.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #879
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Ah, I didn't realize he had that much power. I'm still disappointed in these guys.

I understand your disappointment :0

He could only bounce the devout, which is just three guys, and he had to guess right the previous night, and he could only do it once per guy. So, it's power, but not that much so I don't think.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #880
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Next up, the Devout. All devout are immune to bribes.

Schmidty - Orzhov Purist - twice can resurrect a ghost to a regular person. Ability is obvious to all once used making him a target. (secret rule, cannot res a Dimi in case he tried)

This ability would have been cool, if used.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #881
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I understand your disappointment :0

He could only bounce the devout, which is just three guys, and he had to guess right the previous night, and he could only do it once per guy. So, it's power, but not that much so I don't think.

Well, he was able to pm with alan, scan me, try to kill me, fight with swaggs, then change alan's vote the next day. Quite a few abilities. Meanwhile, I was able to investigate one guy.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:19 PM   #882
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That's just one abilities. Trying to kill you and fighting with Swaggs was the same one, and he wasn't scanning you. Your pm mentions a scrying spell, which he was using to insure you were still asleep while he tried to kill you. That was just flavor.

This whole thing was one action - the Dimir Night Action. Each night, the Dimir had one action as a group, and they had to select one of their group to officially take the action in case they got caught. hoops was assigned teh action on Night One. That really doesn't count as hoops ability to take an action.

Then he can Pursuade. This is the pm you are talking about. This determines if the a person was a devout (and Alan T was) and then the following day, and just the following day, hoops can bounce a devouts vote. He can only use this ability once per devout. This is just once action.

I know it looked like hoops could do all things here in the forums on Day Two, but he really only had one action, and was assigned the Dimir action for Night One.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #883
st.cronin
General Manager

Honestly, I can't imagine hosting a game as crazy as this one, with all those roles and rules. Kudos to you, Abe.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #884
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Fun game, thanks Anxiety. I took a gamble and failed horribly

Since I knew Tangle's trust and untrust list, I was hoping to be able to be his voice so he wouldn't have to out himself when clearing/condemning people...

Didn't figure I would get whacked by my own team (Thanks Saldana!)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:49 PM   #885
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Lathum
Old 08-05-2006, 11:52 PM   #886
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Vote Lathum
I should add that the Vote Lathum strategy is only a good one if he's playing. Otherwise it loses some of its effectiveness

But your enthusiasm speaks well of you!

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-05-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #887
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You leave your quarters about a third of the night after purchasing the needed components to cast the spell. You cast a penetrating scrying spell and enter Fouts chamber with a mystic eye.

Fouts is completely asleep, and a quick cantrip by you confirms that status. This will be an easy kill. The Assassin Spell is 100% reliable against a defenseless target, and although you know there isa small chance that a mage can track the magical patterns back to you, its worth the risk.

You leave your chamber and enter the arboretum ,where no one is around. A quick spell ensures that you are quite alone. You don't want to cast the Assassin Spell from your room, just in case.

Your scrying shows Fouts still asleep, and confidently, you begin to summon the energies to cast the Assassin Spell. As you draw the energies in, snakes of eldritch force bash into you from somewhere in the residential complex.

Someone has been tracking you!

The other's person's magical might is obviously stronger than yours, but you are desparate. You cannot be seen! You begin to through your might into breaking up the counterspell being thrown your way.

The other wizard is throwing all of his might into a powerful, frontal attack, and you realize that a clever sideways attack might break him off. You begin to penetrate his defense just long enough to make contact before he shuts you off.

He uses your strategy and begins assaulting your mind shield from every direction. Your mystical forces are beginning to crumble.

As your focus all of your energy on this assailant, your hear a sound that chills your bone.

You hear Fouts' voice.

Fouts, the one who was asleep, Fouts the one who was your target. He rolls over, sleepily, obviously awakening by the energies and the scrying. His eyes seeing your scrying mirror, and for a second, he is looking right at you.

In fear, you break all mystical contact, both with Fouts and with your assailant. Your Assassin Spell failed, and maybe your secret with it.

However, you did get one thing out of the evening. Before he broke off contact, you recognized the mind of your assailant.

It was Swaggs.

Pm ta hoopsguy, Night One, since there is some interest in it

Old 08-06-2006, 01:58 AM   #888
Fouts
College Starter

Got it. Nice job with the write ups and the background info. Well done.

Hoops, I am not done with you.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #889
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, I don't expect you are For what it is worth, you were one of two names I threw out that night (Barkeep was the other). Very annoying to actually randomly select the seer as the wolf kill and have it blocked. Not because the bodyguard protected you, but because he had a different style of bodyguard ability and blocked me

We had me take the night action because I had been playing as a bad guy for several games now and expected that I would be an early seer target. So I was going to be the one taking all night actions each and every night. Based on the rules, it doesn't appear that it would have mattered who we targeted on Night 1, since Swaggs was killing all magic out of me.

Swaggs, did you make that choice based on the bribery discussion during Day 1? You seemed to back Alan pretty hard at that point, which made me suspect you were devout at that point in the game. Obviously by Day 2 I was no longer thinking in this direction.

Fear the Gruul
Old 08-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #890
Swaggs
Coordinator

hoops, from the beginning, I was suspicious of you (for the bribery conversation, even though it ended up not being a good reason to suspect you) and st. cronin (I can't remember why now). I had decided to use my magic on one of you two and just happened to choose you on Night 1. I was very impressed with the detail of my PM that night.

I still was not sure that you were evil, but Fouts revelation kind of blew things open for me against you, since there didn't seem to be any reason for him to open up at that point.

Also, I hadn't read the directions of my night action very well, as I did not realize that I also, essentially, protected you, as I found out on Night 2.

After casting on you the first two nights, I casted on st. cronin the third to see if I could learn anything about him, but he slept like a baby. Then I just protected myself, because I felt pretty sure that Chief had the ability to kill someone (didn't know it converted them, instead) and I didn't want to interfere if someone had a good reason to cast a spell on someone else.

I am still not totally sure whether you were scanning or attempting to kill Fouts on Night 1?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #891
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was attempting to kill him, using an Assassinate spell.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #892
Fouts
College Starter

I told the complete truth in this game. Obviously a mistake.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #893
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Apparently.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #894
saldana
Pro Starter

i just realized the game was over...great job to all, and many thanks to Anxiety for a very well written game and a very fun, although slightly difficult role until you all figured out i was a nutjob.

the other part of my role that i couldnt tell you about was that i had to change my vote every day the number of times for the day it was....thats why my personalities kept multiplying so i could come up with ways to change my vote 3 or 4 times...i hope i provided some entertainment for you all...and btw Anxiety..the unintended hilarity of the "you could have just killed the seer" was also from me.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #895
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i almost wet myself everytime blade asked who i was talking to and i kept asking him what he was talking about. i could just see him sitting there getting more and more frustrated with me.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #896
path12
Coordinator

Good game, good guys. I was so excited to be on the evil side and then it was just a sheer disaster with everything going wrong that could. I thought sure that after we bribed Barkeep and he burned me that we were going to be able to pull it out eventually, even if it meant not doing anything at night and waiting for the good guys to lynch themselves.

But Chubby put an end to that. I had no idea.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #897
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Good game, good guys. I was so excited to be on the evil side and then it was just a sheer disaster with everything going wrong that could. I thought sure that after we bribed Barkeep and he burned me that we were going to be able to pull it out eventually, even if it meant not doing anything at night and waiting for the good guys to lynch themselves.

But Chubby put an end to that. I had no idea.
I did too. It was such an effective ruse that Anxiety even sent me a PM asking me if I knew I was on the Dimir side .
Old 08-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #898
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good game, everyone. I had a lot of fun with this. I can't rate with other WW games, as this is my first, but I think Anxiety did a terrific job with this one.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:53 PM   #899
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Was Barkeep converted before or after he was announced as part of the COT?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:05 AM   #900
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Good game, everyone. I had a lot of fun with this. I can't rate with other WW games, as this is my first, but I think Anxiety did a terrific job with this one.

Sorry I blocked you.

You did a good job in your first game.