Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
saldana
Pro Starter

idea for new kind of game

the thread lathum started about our possible extinction, and our conversations regarding it, has prompted me to bring this up....i have been thinking about it for a while, but one of the things that we have identified as a possible problem with our continuing games is the length of time some of them take. once a game hits a weekend, posting drops off considerable, and even after we get it going again on monday, the participation is notably lower than it was the week before.

another identified problem is the size of the games as it relates to daily post count...i know i dont have time to play in games like Rome where there are hundreds of posts to catch up on every time i log on...it takes my entire lunch break just to read what happened in the morning and then when i get home at night, i am busy with my family and dont always have time for all the reading.

so here is my thought, and this is pure to gauge interest in the concept, not a signup thread...would people want to/be able to play a turbo werewolf game over a weekend. if the signup were posted well in advance of the game so people could plan accordingly and decide if they could play, i would start the game at say, 10am eastern. each day cycle would last 2 hours with a lynch deadline, followed by a 1 hour night cycle....with that schedule over saturday and sunday, we could run 8 game days, starting at 10 am each day and ending at 10pm each day.

i realize this would be a pretty time consuming concept, which is why i said alot of advance notice would be given to make sure you have the time to give to the game.

lemme know thoughts. thanks

saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, I would be willing to give this a try. Just has to be the right time, but conceptually I think this would be fun.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Another idea I had is a game where you are only allowed to make a certain number of posts per day - brings post count down, speed up the game and you really have to make them count, so hopefully people would do a bit more analysis.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
hoopsguy
General Manager

But people would lose .... never mind.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #5
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't think I could do a turbo game, but what about going in the opposite direction, where there was one deadline per week, say?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote