Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2006, 11:45 PM   #151
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm not going to do it, because I already drew up plans for my game, but I think Total Recall would be interesting withteh Martian Resistance, the Guy Whose Name I Can't Remember Who Controls the Planets and mutations tossed in for nice benefits. You could easily be members of the Resistance with spies who are trying to take you down, etc.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:25 AM   #152
mckerney
Coordinator

I'd be interested in hosting a game. I have ideas for two games, one based on System Shock 2 that would be somewhat similar to The Thing game, and another on Reservoir Dogs.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:43 AM   #153
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Someone needs to do a WW game based on the movie Snakes on a Plane.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:56 AM   #154
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
I'd be interested in hosting a game. I have ideas for two games, one based on System Shock 2 that would be somewhat similar to The Thing game, and another on Reservoir Dogs.
So slot you in or no?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:41 AM   #155
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
That's why you throw in the sociologists. So everyone knows a third of the players. Whether a player plays to win via the traditional way, villagers vs. wolves, or alternative, by knocking off the other 10 (I'm imagining 15 players as it divides into thirds and is a number we could get these days) could be interesting.

I went back and did some research last night. I'm leaning towards something like the following:

Three factions: Hatfields, McCoys, Deputies (neutral)

Roles of other players not known, faction only revealed on death. Main victory conditions: Each clan eliminates the other clan, Deputies by achieving certain goals. Lover role on each side that will entail finding each other and making a successful escape.

Special roles and victory conditions for most players. Each player will be able to send out a certain number of PM's to other players per day. This will allow negotiation/bribes and ways to try and find out the loyalties of other players. Points will be awarded/taken away for positive/negative actions.

That's the gist of where I'm leaning right now. I've got one main problem: PM box limits. Also, it's likely to be a pretty complex game and therefore will take a while to get straight -- also may be a bit too much for a first time mod. Maybe it'll be my second game.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #156
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
So slot you in or no?

yeah.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #157
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
That's the gist of where I'm leaning right now. I've got one main problem: PM box limits.
Merely stating in thread for everyone to check that their boxes are not full at 70, and not calling out individuals, seems to work fine
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #158
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Merely stating in thread for everyone to check that their boxes are not full at 70, and not calling out individuals, seems to work fine

That's true. I was also worried though about MY PM box since I'd want to be cc'd.....
Old 05-24-2006, 06:14 PM   #159
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmmmm....I'm getting the itch to run another game. With twice as much insanity!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:26 PM   #160
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Hmmmm....I'm getting the itch to run another game. With twice as much insanity!
and probably twice as many yaks!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #161
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I know my game's still a bit off in the future, but Hoops has mentioned a couple times to me that depending on his work schedule he might ask to switch games, so I would like to be ready in case that is true. With people seeking feedback on ideas here, I thought it would be good to get in on that action.

I am thinking of going back to the well to one of my previous games to do the first sequel and would like to know which game people would be most interested in seeing redone. Here are my 3 games and what the premise is, and what changes I would likely do.

Spawn: Sci-Fi theme. Ship is stuck on planet. Very complex. Notable features include everyone having a public and private role, each with their own powers and abilities, with some private roles unknown to the players, or only revealed over time. Original game was designed to be run with 20+ people. New game, would likely be fixed at between 12-14. Away missions would play a larger role.

To Crown a King: Basic premise is that there are competing "human" factions in addition to the wolf faction. The least complex of my games. You are rewarded based on how "well" you vote, so if you vote for a wolf, and no one listens, you are still closer to victory. I have since run this game on another board with some significant changes, for instance wolves now get points as well, and have some really solid refinements on that as well as there was a good deal of interest among those players in doing another version.

Treasure Hunt: I feel this game didn't get a fair shot last time. In this game in addition to trying to find wolves, people also try and find gold. There is a map you can move around and buy items and services. For the new game there would be a new map and new items, but the rule set would be almost identical otherwise.

If you have a preference let me know, if you don't care, I wouldn't mind hearing that too. If you would rather see a new theme, as I have a couple of ideas around that as well, I'd be happy to hear that.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 05-24-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:18 PM   #162
path12
Coordinator

I wasn't in the Spawn game, but played in both the other ones. I'd sign up for any of them, but I have to say that I thought Treasure Hunt was one of the more interesting themes I've ever played in and would love to give that one another go someday......
Old 05-24-2006, 10:38 PM   #163
hoopsguy
General Manager

I loved the spawn game, but would be happy giving the Treasure Hunt game another run as well since the last one was a little anti-climactic down the stretch.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #164
Tyrith
College Starter

I didn't play in any of these games, and I know I'm new to WW, but from reading through the past games, I really think the Spawn game was interesting and looked entertaining -- it was complex, but the complexity was understandable and it didn't involve anything too off the wall.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:07 AM   #165
Blade6119
Coordinator

Updated through Hoops' game running right now, meaning BK is on deck(which i know he knows already)
Demotivation
Old 06-27-2006, 07:44 AM   #166
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I do indeed know that I am up next, but wish I wasn't having to follow up Hoops' incredible game.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #167
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I have an idea for a WW game based on the Resident Evil universe with 3 teams: STARS, Umbrella, and zombies. I don't knof if i'd be able to do it by myself with my limited WW exp so if anyone is looking to cohost one keep me in mind
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #168
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
I have an idea for a WW game based on the Resident Evil universe with 3 teams: STARS, Umbrella, and zombies. I don't knof if i'd be able to do it by myself with my limited WW exp so if anyone is looking to cohost one keep me in mind
By the time your turn comes around you'll be an old vet, but I am always willing to help GMs so when the time gets closer please don't hesitate to drop me a line.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #169
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

K, add me to the list
Old 07-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #170
st.cronin
General Manager

Anxiety I'm sending you a pm.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #171
Blade6119
Coordinator

Updated through barkeep running this game, meaning anxiety is on deck, though cronin might be trying to trade up to that that number 1 slot
Demotivation
Old 07-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #172
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm interested in running a game I think too. Had a few ideas in my head, one based on LotR, one based loosely off of Romeo and Juliet, however I think path's game is really similar to what I wanted to do there, so doubt I would do that.

I think what I would like to run is a Wild West WW. Horse thiefs, gun duels, corrupted town sheriffs and the like. Basic idea would be a peaceful mining town that recently has heard talk of two rival gangs move in to try to take over the town. The Citizens of the town win if they remove all of the gang members. Each of the gangs win if they remove their rival gang and take control of the town through various means.

Unless people think that would be a horrible game, I would like to be added to the list too
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #173
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Updated through barkeep running this game, meaning anxiety is on deck, though cronin might be trying to trade up to that that number 1 slot

If I can't trade up, I will almost certainly have to trade down.

knives out
Old 07-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #174
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If I may add my humble 2 cents I think it may be a good idea to alternate "complicated" game models and more traditional game models. It may attract some new players and allow other players who may not be able to dedicate alot of time to playing.

Not trying to tell anyone how to run their game, I just think the keep it simple motto should factor in at some point.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #175
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
If I may add my humble 2 cents I think it may be a good idea to alternate "complicated" game models and more traditional game models. It may attract some new players and allow other players who may not be able to dedicate alot of time to playing.

Not trying to tell anyone how to run their game, I just think the keep it simple motto should factor in at some point.

I agree. its also fun sometimes just having a basic game of Wolfs vs villagers too.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #176
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I agree. its also fun sometimes just having a basic game of Wolfs vs villagers too.

I can say that the game I'm thinking of will be pretty basic FWIW.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #177
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum

That's actually my plan right now. A very simple game with no more than three special roles. I'm also planning on sending out invitations to some board members who have expressed interest in joining one of these at some point.

knives out
Old 07-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #178
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm interested in running a game I think too. Had a few ideas in my head, one based on LotR, one based loosely off of Romeo and Juliet, however I think path's game is really similar to what I wanted to do there, so doubt I would do that.

I'm holding off on my Hatfield/McCoy for now, I think it will be too complicated to make my first GM game.

I think the Wild West would be fun. And if you want to trade some ideas on combining the feud/Romeo game I'd be happy to.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #179
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm interested in running a game I think too. Had a few ideas in my head, one based on LotR,

i just got done watching all 3 extended editions while i am at work, and have been trying to figure out a way to get this to work for WW purposes...perhaps an alliance of sorts would be in order?
Old 07-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

People corrupted by The One Ring against the Fellowship?

-Anxiety

Old 07-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #181
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I have been trying to work out a LotR one for a while now. Its basically my favorite series of books ever. The best idea I have come up with for a LotR theme was based in the town of Bree when the hobbits first get there. You can have the henchmen (such as Bill Ferney), the Arnorian rangers (such as Strider/Aragorn and his men), as well as local town folks like Barliman the barkeep.

The writings leave you to be able to add in Wizards, Nazguls or who knows what too. I think a game such as this would be more complex to get it to not be dull or boring. I'll run with a Wild West theme for the game I'm running next, so if someone wants to go with a LotR theme I can give you my notes and insights via PM if you want. I've read probably about 20-25 Tolkien's writings so know it fairly well
Old 08-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #182
saldana
Pro Starter

since lathum brought this up, i dug it up and am bumping it
Old 08-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #183
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd love to get back on the list now that this has been resurrected. ALso am excited about our upcoming lineup. Should have some interesting ideas, I hope.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #184
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

where's my name on the list? i signed up
Old 08-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #185
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to be added to the end. Now that I have one under my belt, I think I would do a much better job next time.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #186
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Oooh, I am but one away. CAN YOU FEEL THE ANTICIPATION?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #187
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I do

Old 08-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #188
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well I have been trying to work out a LotR one for a while now. Its basically my favorite series of books ever. The best idea I have come up with for a LotR theme was based in the town of Bree when the hobbits first get there. You can have the henchmen (such as Bill Ferney), the Arnorian rangers (such as Strider/Aragorn and his men), as well as local town folks like Barliman the barkeep.

The writings leave you to be able to add in Wizards, Nazguls or who knows what too. I think a game such as this would be more complex to get it to not be dull or boring. I'll run with a Wild West theme for the game I'm running next, so if someone wants to go with a LotR theme I can give you my notes and insights via PM if you want. I've read probably about 20-25 Tolkien's writings so know it fairly well

If I were to write this game, I'd go slightly off script and make all of the characters Maia (like Gandalf, Saruman, Pallando, Radagast and Alatar). In the books, all but Gandalf fall, showing that the Sauron can exert influnce even over these powerful cretaures. Then it'd be Sauron's followers against the Maia.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:12 AM   #189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm relatively new to the WW phenomenon, but I think I have a fun idea for a game, and would like to be added to the list to give it a shot. When it gets down to it, I may need a co-GM if my work schedule doesn't work for me, but if I have some knowledge of when I would be hosting a game, I should be able to work around it pretty good.

Anyway, my idea is based in the 19th century London of Sherlock Holmes, Jack the Ripper and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:14 AM   #190
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Oooh, I am but one away. CAN YOU FEEL THE ANTICIPATION?

I'm definitely excited about playing in your game. Although, I'll probably get lynched day 1 for this fiasco I'm hosting right now.

knives out
Old 08-18-2006, 01:03 AM   #191
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I'm definitely excited about playing in your game. Although, I'll probably get lynched day 1 for this fiasco I'm hosting right now.

I have gotten used to dying early in WW games. The way I cope is I play a little minigame after I die. I try to follow along as if I was still in and see how close or far I am from my guesses on who I would vote for and who i wouldnt

Sometimes its quite fun! Especially if I have someone else to play along with via PM. One game Vince and I would PM back and forth with our guesses to who we thought were good/bad and why. And during the lynch we would try to figure out if we thought they were a good choice or not.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:18 AM   #192
Blade6119
Coordinator

Updated to add chief and keep the top of list in order..tangle, your up
Demotivation
Old 08-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #193
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I thought I had asked to be placed on the list again. Anyhow I'd love to be placed on the list again.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #194
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I'd like to be added to the end. Now that I have one under my belt, I think I would do a much better job next time.

You didn't add me back, Blade.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:45 AM   #195
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I am slightly concerned, as the current game has had a really good turn out due to its advertised simplicity and thus attracted a lot of newcomers. My game is set to be in the vein of the more complicated WW games, so I hope they aren't scared off. I would really like to get a 18+ turn out.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #196
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I have gotten used to dying early in WW games. The way I cope is I play a little minigame after I die. I try to follow along as if I was still in and see how close or far I am from my guesses on who I would vote for and who i wouldnt

Sometimes its quite fun! Especially if I have someone else to play along with via PM. One game Vince and I would PM back and forth with our guesses to who we thought were good/bad and why. And during the lynch we would try to figure out if we thought they were a good choice or not.

Fantasy League Werewolf!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #197
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
I am slightly concerned, as the current game has had a really good turn out due to its advertised simplicity and thus attracted a lot of newcomers. My game is set to be in the vein of the more complicated WW games, so I hope they aren't scared off. I would really like to get a 18+ turn out.
I'm thinking that it might be in our interest every 3 or 6 months to run a simple game, either as our normally schedule game or as a smaller add-on game. But I hope that these newbies stick around for yours.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #198
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm thinking that it might be in our interest every 3 or 6 months to run a simple game, either as our normally schedule game or as a smaller add-on game. But I hope that these newbies stick around for yours.

I think some, at least, will. The participation of the rookies has really been fantastic in the current game.

knives out
Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 AM   #199
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I think some, at least, will. The participation of the rookies has really been fantastic in the current game.
I agree. You deserve a lot of credit for the work you did there cronin.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:11 AM   #200
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, mine is right after Tanglewood's and it should be pretty noob friendly.