Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:55 PM   #152
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If it is, I'm sorry cronin.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #153
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't like ties.. I dont like all the movement to tie things up.

unvote dodgerchick
vote ntndeacon
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #154
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

deadline
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #155
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think I would rather vote for Imthecrew right now if anyone wants to move to him with me before 9
Old 03-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #156
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

oh its 9 now.. my clock says 8.. ahh well
Old 03-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #157
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Thanks Alan. I felt bad about what was going to happen to Cronin considering he gave me the advice.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #158
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't like ties.. I dont like all the movement to tie things up.

unvote dodgerchick
vote ntndeacon

So why don't you like ties exactly?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #159
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
Thanks Alan. I felt bad about what was going to happen to Cronin considering he gave me the advice.

Yeah.. well last time I did this I ended up lynching the seer with my vote. So I dont have a good day 1 track record. I decided to vote for ntn for two reasons. I didnt like the late movement to save ntn from a landslide, and st.cronin I felt had been more involved in day 1. That isnt enough to keep me from voting someone on day 2, but its generally how I vote.

I really don't like ITC's play on day 1, and will give some leeway to you since you are new. I think people need to pick a point for a vote and stick to it unless some better arguement comes out.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #160
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
So why don't you like ties exactly?

Goes back to the old arguement whether or not the villagers should lynch someone every day. Some people disagree with it, but I do agree with it. That said, without knowing if ties = no lynch or tie = some other method of lynching, I didnt want to see a day 1 without any result for us to look at for voting records or what not.

So basically I put a big bullseye on my back for tommorrow because the odds say 80% chance I just lynched a good guy.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #161
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:

Yeah.. well last time I did this I ended up lynching the seer with my vote.

Ouch.

[email protected]

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #162
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Goes back to the old arguement whether or not the villagers should lynch someone every day. Some people disagree with it, but I do agree with it. That said, without knowing if ties = no lynch or tie = some other method of lynching, I didnt want to see a day 1 without any result for us to look at for voting records or what not.

Ahhh - I didn't realize "no lynch" was an option.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #163
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

so let me get this straight if i vote NTN 90% of people think its suspicous for not voting for him first, so i change it to someone that was in the 90% to get the rest off me and now that bites me too, WIN WIN EH?
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #164
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ntndeacon 4 -- MollyMurphy (55), Narcizo (68), st.cronin (92), alanT (153)
St.Cronin 3 -- Ardent (65), Molson (80),ITC (141)
MollyMurphy 1--Beargrowlz (140)
Dodgerchick 1 -- Dodgerchick (94),
Narcizo 1 -- path12 (93)
Chief Rum 1 -- Ntndeacon (57)
Saldana 1 -- bulletsponge (100)
bulletsponge 1 -- saldana (107)

no votes: Chief Rum, DaddyTorgo

The unit gathers together and talks about all the discussion and late movement. It is clear there are several opininon about who could be the traitors in your unit. In the end NTNDeacon became the choice by the slimest of margins. He stoicely strode to the front of the room and said " I have always been willing to die for my country"

The commanding officer walks behind NTNDeacon and puts a single bullet in his head. A search of his quarters show no sigh of disloyalty to the USA, he was a CIA agent.

The commanding officer then tells the remaining members of the unit experemental technology will be arriving from Washington. It is called a silencer, it is a one time use item that allows the user to silence one person of their choice rendering their vote obsolete. Since we are testing this item for the government they want quick results so the item must be used tomorrow. The commanding officer will randomly pick one person to receive this item.

Night 1 has begun all actions due by 9:00 AM EST
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #165
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
so let me get this straight if i vote NTN 90% of people think its suspicous for not voting for him first, so i change it to someone that was in the 90% to get the rest off me and now that bites me too, WIN WIN EH?

Eh, sometimes its not who you vote but how you vote it. Either way, like I said I'm sure people will have a reason to vote me tommorrow now.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #166
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Good call Cronin.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 PM   #167
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

dola.

I mean in getting me to switch my vote. LOL.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #168
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaaargh! totally forgot till I was turning on my computer!!

i'd like to point out in my own defense that this is only the 2nd time I've ever missed a vote in WW (and the first time I was a villager too).

just got caught up in taking care of the niece and reading this book on nazikinder (children of high-ranking nazi's) and how they've dealt psychologically.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #169
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fwiw...i feel fine about you at this point alan. and I believe I have something to go on tomorrow (assuming that person survives the night). I want to double-check something before I say anything though.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I may have not been clear on the silencer item. This item basicly allows the user to counterfit another users vote. The counterfitted vote will not be known untill the final results.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #171
saldana
Pro Starter

alan, fwiw, i would have made the same move as you did concerning breaking the tie...i would have picked ntn before cronin, so you arent in my crosshairs.

i would really like to hear why bullet popped a vote off at me and then never said another word...that is definitely going earn my vote tomorrow, barring anything noteworthy during the night
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #172
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i have to go to a client meeting tomorrow, and wont be around for pretty much the entire day...i will be on in time for the vote though.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #173
path12
Coordinator

I don't have a huge problem with a day 1 tiebreaker vote either, especially with the late run away from ntn. But I'm not one who puts a ton of stock into day 1's in general -- the wolves are usually spread out anyways early.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #174
path12
Coordinator

Dola, unless one of them is gonna get voted out that is.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #175
path12
Coordinator

Did Chief say he wasn't going to be around for a vote today?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #176
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

boo hiss to all. especially the commie traitor among you...whoever you are! I shall haunt you til you are dead!

woooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo (waves ghostly American Flag)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #177
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol @ ntn

chief has a bad work schedule on mondays typically path
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #178
molson
General Manager

So what's the deal with DodgerChick?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #179
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So what's the deal with DodgerChick?

she usualy calms down. If she decides to bow out I have a replacement lined up.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #180
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I believe she changed work hours so probably hasn't even been back to the board since earlier. Just so no one thinks Im doing anything funny, I dropped her a PM earlier to apologize if she thought I was insulting her. I obviously didn't talk anything WW at all, just let her know to check back in the thread and see what I had intended to say. So Im hoping she'll still be playing.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #181
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
alan, fwiw, i would have made the same move as you did concerning breaking the tie...i would have picked ntn before cronin, so you arent in my crosshairs.

i would really like to hear why bullet popped a vote off at me and then never said another word...that is definitely going earn my vote tomorrow, barring anything noteworthy during the night

i dont have to explain my actions to you! only a cold hearted ruthless commie would have premade excuses for thier actions, im and American so i dont think before i act!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #182
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think alan met bad as in wolfish
It's been bugging me that I didn't see what was going on earlier. I sure hope you come back.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:30 AM   #183
molson
General Manager

I'm glancing over the roles again, does anyone understand the Mercenary/Negotiator dynamic? (Question for anyone, not just Lathum, in case anyone has a comment on strategy)

What's the mercenary's motivation - do they win if the CIA wins? Why does anyone want to "find" them and "gain the next contract"? Why to negotiators care?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:36 AM   #184
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm glancing over the roles again, does anyone understand the Mercenary/Negotiator dynamic? (Question for anyone, not just Lathum, in case anyone has a comment on strategy)

What's the mercenary's motivation - do they win if the CIA wins? Why does anyone want to "find" them and "gain the next contract"? Why to negotiators care?

My initial instinct is the mercenary is either straight neutral or is an evil sympathizer type role. Right now in my head by the way its worded, I'm leaning to thinking that it starts out as a special neutral role that will convert to whichever side contacts him first. I am guessing the Negotiator is bad, and maybe the seer for the good guys? Then whichever one finds him first gets to convert him over to their team.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:47 AM   #185
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
My initial instinct is the mercenary is either straight neutral or is an evil sympathizer type role. Right now in my head by the way its worded, I'm leaning to thinking that it starts out as a special neutral role that will convert to whichever side contacts him first. I am guessing the Negotiator is bad, and maybe the seer for the good guys? Then whichever one finds him first gets to convert him over to their team.

That's pretty much my thinking as well. To me it seems that the merc is pure neutral. Were I the mercenary I'd avoid the spotlight for most of the start period of the game and then try dropping hints when it's clear which side has the advantage. Although I've been thinking in terms of the negotiator being good and the baddies having some sort of seer-like device.

I feel very bad about NTN being voted out on the first day again. Still, at least we didn't lynch a seer, which is something of a novelty for a small game first day vote recently. Unless St Cronin is a wolf I don't think we can read too much into the voting patterns though. I'll look again but there doesn't seem to be have been much vote switching.

I think this was a pretty interesting first day, there seemed to be a fair bit going on, more than you'd expect on a first day. Therefore, I declare my policy of stirring up trouble a resounding success.

Prepare for a DOLA-fest as I reread the thread. In a bit.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 AM   #186
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
narcizo

I like what you're doing with placing a 2nd vote to stir up discussion and get something to analyze. It's not enough to move you into the "good" category or anything at this point, but it's a point in your favor I suppose, and it's nice to see someone with an actual D1 strategy.

This and the fact that DT took 6 minutes between checking in and making a comment after reading his PM (It took me all of 3 seconds to read and digest my role) makes me slightly suspicious of DT. (I know that there are a thousand reasons why it would take some time between posts). Were I of a paranoid bent I'd be worried that I'm being set up for a night kill. Luckily there's no room for anything like paranoia in the cold-war era CIA.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:50 AM   #187
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
As for Narcizo, it's possible that he was just casting a second vote to stir discussion, but it is just as likely that he was doing so in concert with other KGBers in order to eliminate a true CIA agent in NTN.

"Just as likely", you say?

As others have pointed out I think it's highly unlikely that the wolves would group their votes so obviously on a day one vote. You can argue back and forth about whether casting a second vote on someone is suspicious or not but in the end someone has to do it, otherwise you get a stalemate that only benefits the wolfs.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:07 AM   #188
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I really don't like ITC's play on day 1, and will give some leeway to you since you are new. I think people need to pick a point for a vote and stick to it unless some better arguement comes out.

This is the way I feel as well. ITC just can't catch a break with his voting patterns lately but while it looks suspicious I think we can cut him a bit of slack at the moment. I'd be very interested in hearing more from bulletsponge about his vote though.

Thinking about it I'm a bit antsy about beargrowlz switching his vote as well. To the suspicious eye it might look like he was trying to make sure that his vote doesn't get associated with a lynch of a villager, later down the line. Despite what St Cronin said voting for MM looks a lot like a throwaway vote to me. He could, at least, have added his vote to path's against me to get a potential third lynch candidate up and running, if he's buying his own "KGB-block voting" theory. Although I'm quite happy that he didn't, obviously.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:55 AM   #189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
lol @ ntn

chief has a bad work schedule on mondays typically path

Ding ding ding.

Ugh, I knew this was starting today, but it just worked out where I couldn't participate at all. I left for work at 10 a.m. I got my PM at 10:05 a.m. How's that for timing?

Since I have been away all day, I decided to come up with a good theory. Find Sean Young's lover, and you will find Yuri. Get going boys! De-pixilate that Polaroid!

Speaking of which, if I got to be Sean Young's lover (circa 1986), I wouldn't mind being Yuri, lol.

"Unfortunately", I am more like American Dad.

It was an interesting day today, methinks. I also think we should put a moratorium on ntndeacon votes on Day One for a while. I mean, honestly, the guy has been "randomly" killed on Day One several games in a row, poor guy.

The sample size on today's vote means nothing without some more day's voting, but it's my guess that today was more revealing than we know. Bold second votes, more than a couple vote and run/no reason votes, a couple non-votes, an odd bandwagon, a late effort to tie, and a CIA killing move right at the deadline. That has to be the most interesting Day One vote I have ever not participated in.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 AM   #190
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
That has to be the most interesting Day One vote I have ever not participated in.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #191
Lorena
Unregistered

Alright, I've had some time to cool off. First of all, I need to publicly apologize to Alan for what I said; this game brings out some really bad emotions that I don't like to see. How much of a bitch am I to say those things with what he's going through? I'm really upset at myself for not keeping my cool. Alan, I truly am sorry

I haven't read through the whole thread but LSG you're right, I go through these almost every game and I can't continue doing it. There are players that I have a hard time playing with because they're such a hard read and that makes me not like them in-game; outside of the game I love'em to death. I still feel betrayed by how well Lathum played Spleen and I and I get upset in the game, but damn, Lathum and I talk on a regular basis outside of WW. He's one of my favorite FOFCers.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that this will be my last game not because I think I suck, but because I know posts like the one I made will eventually piss someone off so much that they won't wanna have anything to do with me. You guys are my online family and I don't want something I say in the heat of passion to screw up a good thing.

Sorry, back to the game.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #192
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You all assemble in the morning at the mess hall for breakfast. After a while you realize one of you is missing, DaddyTorgo is no where to be found. You make your way to his room where you uncover a gruesome scene. It appears someone ambushed him and killed him before he even had a chance to defend himself.

A search of his quarters reveal several satalite dishes and listening devices. Daddytorgo was the technical officer!

Day 2 has begun. Deadline due 9:00 PM EST.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:13 AM   #193
molson
General Manager

Damn it
Old 03-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #194
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well that was sub-par
Old 03-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #195
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
This and the fact that DT took 6 minutes between checking in and making a comment after reading his PM (It took me all of 3 seconds to read and digest my role) makes me slightly suspicious of DT. (I know that there are a thousand reasons why it would take some time between posts). Were I of a paranoid bent I'd be worried that I'm being set up for a night kill. Luckily there's no room for anything like paranoia in the cold-war era CIA.

For God's sake. So we manage to avoid lynching the seer on day one and he gets night killed instead. Fantastic.

This doesn't look very good for me. I hope I didn't tip off the bad guys to something they wouldn't have noticed otherwise. If you buy that I did then one of the bad guys would have to be someone who was around early in the morning. To be honest I don't think that happened, I think it's more a case of the wolves picking off an experienced player first.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #196
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't know, I tried to look back through DT's posts to find something that singled him out as an important role. I personally don't know that I saw the "6 min" thing as a huge deal. I mean I went hours before posting after reading my PM.

I also don't know that I think DT was killed as an experienced player either as there are plenty of experienced players in the game, so I don't see why he would be singled out there either. I'll tell you what was unique though about his death.. He was one of the few people who didn't put a vote in on Day 1. Although he had a reason for it, usually something as small as that can give people a reason to want to lynch you. So the bad guys killed someone that could have possibly been a lynch target by some today rather than kill someone who had voting history, was part of the conversation or had established any level of trust.

I think that probably says more about the kill than anything. I also wonder if it tells us more about the mercenary role by showing some insight to the type of people they are night killing, trying to not night kill the wrong person.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #197
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Alright, I've had some time to cool off. First of all, I need to publicly apologize to Alan for what I said; this game brings out some really bad emotions that I don't like to see. How much of a bitch am I to say those things with what he's going through? I'm really upset at myself for not keeping my cool. Alan, I truly am sorry

I haven't read through the whole thread but LSG you're right, I go through these almost every game and I can't continue doing it. There are players that I have a hard time playing with because they're such a hard read and that makes me not like them in-game; outside of the game I love'em to death. I still feel betrayed by how well Lathum played Spleen and I and I get upset in the game, but damn, Lathum and I talk on a regular basis outside of WW. He's one of my favorite FOFCers.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that this will be my last game not because I think I suck, but because I know posts like the one I made will eventually piss someone off so much that they won't wanna have anything to do with me. You guys are my online family and I don't want something I say in the heat of passion to screw up a good thing.

Sorry, back to the game.

No hard feelings from me DC. I just didn't want you to think that I was insulting you or such. No reason to apologize to me any at all, nothing you said bothered me or hurt my feelings at all. I just didn't want to see you disappear due to what was just a misunderstanding.

(ps. I might still vote for you again though!)
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #198
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I wonder if the bad guys have a skeleton key. If they did then they might have searched DT's room (for whatever reason, because he's an experienced player, because of some tell, whatever) during the day, discovered that he's the technical officer and killed him. If they do have a skeleton key then we're in a lot of trouble.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #199
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I wonder if the bad guys have a skeleton key. If they did then they might have searched DT's room (for whatever reason, because he's an experienced player, because of some tell, whatever) during the day, discovered that he's the technical officer and killed him. If they do have a skeleton key then we're in a lot of trouble.

I doubt that the key would be repeat use anyways. I'm guessing the items are a one time use or they would be too overpowered. (ie: skeleton key = additional new seer type role, body armor = additional self-bodyguard type role, or any of the other sensors giving seer type roles).
Old 03-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #200
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I missed that. It says that all items are single use.