Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #1051
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
One of the players, I forget who, had a mundane role that was a Score to Settle, basically there was a certain player that he wanted to see cleansed and would have gained an additional victory condition if that happened.

BTW, that person was me And my target was Lathum, which makes me all the more sad I wasn't able to do anything with it
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #1052
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Fun game Peregrine. And since I was cleansed, I got to be on the winning side.

In fact, everybody is a winner!

awesome. very true
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #1053
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
BTW, that person was me And my target was Lathum, which makes me all the more sad I wasn't able to do anything with it

lol, the funny thing was I wanted a night attack. My mundane ability was I resisted the first shadow attack and would likely identify the attacker.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #1054
SnDvls
Pro Starter

What other use could the dagger have done? It didn't seem to be very useful to me except to see what room a person was in.

Fun game...I like it when everyone has a night/day action to keep them involved.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #1055
hoopsguy
General Manager

I believe I may have had the lamest role in the game. Which is fine by me, but I was worried people would think I was lying when I said I couldn't do anything.

Quote:
Your magical role is the Elementalist:

You have the power to command rock and stone, and can move through them from room to room without being seen. This will also allow you to escape from a magical circle created by the Ritualist.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #1056
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I believe I may have had the lamest role in the game. Which is fine by me, but I was worried people would think I was lying when I said I couldn't do anything.

Whatever its worth, after Lathum said he was going to take Mr.W last night, I really was stumped at who else to look at. I felt I had done due dilligence in trying to tie up the holes in the CoT, and there were a good 5-7 people at that point I wasn't confident in but didnt strongly suspect... It was your pushing to be a lynch choice combined with Tyrith's buddying with you that finally pushed me to target you last night
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #1057
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I was the Signifier this game, though it didn't really help the cause much.

My first day's activity was to verify that Hoops didn't have a mundane ability (which is why I pushed Swaggs so much on him saying Hoops did)

My second day's activity was to verify that Mr. Wednesday did not believe that Alan T was Shadow...which really told me that they weren't both Shadow, but wouldn't tell me if either one was.

My third day's activity was to verify that SnDvls was really making a potion the night before...which gave me proof that he was using his magical abilities.

I started the game with a potion of alertness which allowed me to see KWhit being converted, and that same night I searched for and found a scroll of identity which I used to identify DT. I guess I made better use of the items than my abilities.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #1058
hoopsguy
General Manager

I can't believe you suspected me after I gave you guys Tyrith on the first day Admit it, my logic was genius and should never have been doubted. But no, lets lynch the quiet people ... blah, blah, blah
Old 05-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #1059
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The ritual dagger was there to counter the various hidden abilities that people had. It was only really useful if you were going to dose or steal from them, though.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #1060
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can't believe you suspected me after I gave you guys Tyrith on the first day Admit it, my logic was genius and should never have been doubted. But no, lets lynch the quiet people ... blah, blah, blah

Hey don't look at me. I voted Swaggs the first day for no better reason other than I love seeing if Swaggs is going to play a quiet game or up front in your face game. It tells me alot about what type of role he has that game
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #1061
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

felt good having you identify me and not immediately narc us out though. and it gave me a little more leeway to play with, cuz i knew you'd be there to reveal me in the end if need be.

although as sunny guys, we could be cleansed, but because our powers of good were so strong we would still count as uncleansed in the final tally. so i would have revealed and then offered to be cleansed basically.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #1062
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just wanted to let everyone know IO put up the sign up thread for my new small game
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #1063
Joe
Pro Starter

Oh yeah, Schmidty had the mask of whispers, I wonder if it was used for anything useful.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #1064
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty sent me a message on Day 2 saying something like "I'm good - trust me!". I sent him a reply saying I would try to help him if he needed it.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #1065
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The Mask of Whispers (it and the Ring of Wisdom were pretty much imported directly from the Village of the Damned game) is always one of those things that seems cool but doesn't work out that way. I guess it should probably do something like open up unlimited PMs between you and the target for a day.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #1066
hoopsguy
General Manager

I found the Ring of Wisdom on my last night, but didn't really need it for today's vote. I had also found a Potion of Weakness (think I'm remembering the name correctly) earlier, but had no desire to use that item at this stage in the game either.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #1067
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
In fact, everybody is a winner!

Not true. I am the sole losing player in this game. As the Artificer, I retained the Shadow victory conditions even if cleansed.

I'm a little disappointed that I was the last Shadow to fall. I think it would have been interesting to see how my talk and votes might influence proceedings.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 05-03-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #1068
KWhit
Coordinator

Ah. Okay.

Mr. Wednesday is a loser.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #1069
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Ah. Okay.

Mr. Wednesday is a loser.

And a Notre Dame fan, if that isn't being redundant
Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #1070
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm here now.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #1071
Schmidty
Coordinator

Two nights in a row, I have found nothing.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #1072
Schmidty
Coordinator

Wait, the game is over????
Old 05-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #1073
Schmidty
Coordinator

Thanks for the great game, Peregrine!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #1074
hoopsguy
General Manager

These games move pretty fast

So, what else did you do with the Mask?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #1075
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
These games move pretty fast

So, what else did you do with the Mask?

Nada. I searched 2 nights in a row, and last night found the Potion of Masking.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #1076
Barkeep49
Coordinator

One quick note: While I agree DT should never have had the ring, if the villagers/Sun were going to win it needed to be a quick game.

I would also suggest that the conversion WAS useful for the sun. With it being so essential (to get a major victory) that they not be revealed, having the convert able to feed out information would have been useful.

As always I enjoyed playing in Peregrine's game and am glad he's back on the scene.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #1077
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Schmidty...LOL
Old 05-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #1078
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
As always I enjoyed playing in Peregrine's game and am glad he's back on the scene.

Yep.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #1079
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I had a 25% chance to be immune to magic. (Cleansing and Shadow attempts didn't count)

Which is why I said, go ahead and try but, you might fail.

Out of curiousity, what would the potion of power done for me or for the Augur?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #1080
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The potion of power would have boosted any role powers, making them assured of success and giving more detailed information than normal. It would have also returned a cleansed person to their magical role.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:06 AM   #1081
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Great game, Peregrine. I had fun with it. Only I wish it had lasted longer because of my role actually being somewhat important.

I was the medium. I held back saying what I was for obvious reasons, even though it made me look suspicious. I mediumed Barkeep on Night One, and watched him convert me to Sun. I thought that was kinda funny. I think I caught Barkeep by surprise when I told him who he was in one of our first PMs (they were anonymous, like Shadow).

Night Two I mediumed AlanT and watched him cast a spell that felt familiar, but not a Shadow spell. Last night, I tried to medium SnDvls, but nothing happened but sleep. I thought he must have used the Potion of Masking on himself. Is that what happened, Peregrine? And if so, why the switch SnDvls? You said earlier that day that yoiu wouldn't be using your potion that night (or so I thought).

I actually never quite caught on to who was the other Sun member with Barkeep. I should have figured with DT coming out as he did. So your turn to pull one on me, DT.

Sorry, Alan, for anything said in this game, and, yes, no hard feelings. I still think I had some good ideas, though.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #1082
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Chief, there was always the chance your role wouldn't reveal anything (it's in the description) and that's what happened last night, nothing more sinister.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #1083
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Chief - funny thing is I did have a potion of masking too, but didn't use it. I had just made it the night before.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote