Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #351
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If yesterday was about uncertainty, today was about confusion. Magic is what can be counted on in this village. It does its work and does it without fail. And yet there are competing claims about magic today. But then perhaps it is the people who cannot be counted on rather than the magic.

Today the target is cronin, after the day revolves around him and path and ardent. Three people with three somewhat competing claims. The mob springs into action and cronin is soon attacked. However, the battle is fierce and several of the citizens sustain injuries in the attack. Finally, he is subdued. The ferocity and viciousness with which cronin fought can only mean one thing: He was a wolf.

A sigh of relief is felt. One part of your dastardly duty is done.

Vote count:
2 Ardent – path (191), cronin (323)
9 Cronin – ntn (294), hoops (279), ardent (292), saldana (300), LSG (317), pass (319), alan (333), lathum (341), GE (343)
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #352
Poli
FOFC Survivor

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #353
Poli
FOFC Survivor

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #354
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Where's my hat, wolf!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #355
Poli
FOFC Survivor

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #356
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

AE I am glad this worked out for you. But whoever else has the wolf scanner needs to scan path tonight
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #357
saldana
Pro Starter

you happy or something, ardent?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #358
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I have to say, I'm pretty suspicious of ardent right now.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #359
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

nice work AE
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #360
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
AE I am glad this worked out for you. But whoever else has the wolf scanner needs to scan path tonight

I personally think Ardent is the better choice of the two.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #361
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Just a wee bit happy. Thanks guys, but it was more luck than anything. He was throwing suspicion my way after my vote, so he became my target.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #362
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If it helps, have at it. My understanding is that the ident switch left the game after I used it.

I may be the target of a revenge kill, though, after that celebration.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #363
Poli
FOFC Survivor

There is one way to prove I wasn't lieing. Noone disputed my claim that I used the ident switch...by that I mean noone came out and said I couldn't have used it because they had the item.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #364
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
There is one way to prove I wasn't lieing. Noone disputed my claim that I used the ident switch...by that I mean noone came out and said I couldn't have used it because they had the item.

unless I am wrong there can be more then one item in the game
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:58 PM   #365
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Doh, I thought I might have the only one since it was removed from the game.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #366
RendeR
Coordinator

I apologize for not getting my vote in folks. My tennis match went into tie-breakers tonight. Our team lost overall 3 matches to 2 but at least I was one of our mach wins!

Good job on nabbing Cronin, one wolf down, who knows how many to go!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #367
Swaggs
Coordinator

Apologies for missing the vote.

I was supposed to be home at 7:30, but just got home a few minutes ago.

I hate missing votes.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #368
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think Cronin made enough comments between yesterday and the early part of today that we should have material to pick apart. If tomorrow is slow at the office like I expect, then I'll see if I can do some of that digging. Assuming, of course, that I'm left alone this evening ... if I'm not then I would highly encourage someone else to pick up that particular torch.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #369
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Where's my hat, wolf!

Sorry, but I'm the one who ended up with his charm of persuasion. Maybe you got something else.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 PM   #370
path12
Coordinator

Yay! I had started to wonder if there was some sort of failure rate on the wolf scanner. Bad luck combo of my scan and Ardents ID switch for Cronin.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 PM   #371
path12
Coordinator

I had a PM last night saying I had received an item that ended up being a error too FWIW.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:56 AM   #372
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I had a PM last night saying I had received an item that ended up being a error too FWIW.

That's weird. Last time it kinda made sense, but you voted for cronin, right? So you could have been the one to get the charm.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #373
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Working on night results now.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #374
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Got my night PM in, nothing overly exciting in it. Received a new item in, but as best I can tell my old item received no usage. I guess it doesn't hurt to say what my item is that I have now. I had a Wolfbane necklace the last two nights which protected me from attack. I can't keep it tonight which makes me vulnerable I suppose tonight but the good news is I get to choose who to pass it to.

I'm not going to go into alot of discussion of who I will pass it to as I am worried of someone using the item inteceptor to get it. I'll be trying to work out which group of people I trust the most to hand it off to during the day today, but I won't state whom. Only I and that person will know.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #375
Barkeep49
Coordinator

After the wolf grillin ceases people go to bed in that blissful state of tired euphoria. Alas it does not last long as there is a chorus of horrors. When the commotion settles it is learned that both Pass and Hoops have felt the savage claw of the wolf and are no longer alive.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #376
Passacaglia
Coordinator

&$$#&^$&^$
Old 06-28-2007, 09:17 AM   #377
Poli
FOFC Survivor

oh my...oh, man.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #378
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bummer. Good luck to the villagers the rest of the way.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #379
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm in an absence of information today, fellas. I received an item, but that's it.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #380
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

My suspect/trust list hasn't changed really since yesterday evening, so I'm going to wait to see what others have info on before I go with anything today. If completely without new info, I'll probably push one of the people I distrust the most.

I think what would be helpful is for us to continue what Hoopsguy was trying to do yesterday. I think by people reporting how they used items it would be very helpful in trying to trap a wolf. Yesterday Cronin got nailed trying to come up with a fake story to build trust, and I guess only time will tell if Ardent was in on it or not.

I'm not asking for people to talk about items that they have but havent used yet or any such. I do think if people had Scanners or other items that can help us build a CoT better then its worthwhile to come out with the information. This game is different than most games in that the seer is temporary and tied to the item, so telling us your good seer scan doesn't put you at any more risk than normal, and can help open up things for us. It worked to catch Cronin yesterday, so we should try it out again today I think.

1. Alan T - Has Wolfbane necklace, no report of wolf attacks to have fought off. Received new item
3. Lathum
5. path
6. Lonestargirl
8. Render
9. saldana
12. ardent enthusiast - Received new item, no item usage or anything else to tell us.
13. Swaggs
14. ntndeacon
15. Golden Eagle
Old 06-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #381
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well all i have right now is an item destroyer.
I had a wolf scanner night one and didn't use it (i forgot it left me if i didn't)
I recieved a wolfbane necklace this morning and 10 minutes later Barkeep took it away from me.

So all I have is the destroyer and I dont know what to do with it
Old 06-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #382
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I would like to know whoever had the wolf scanner last night what they did with it... I am flying to houston in about 4 hours and I really dont know if i will have time to vote tonight at my aunt's house. I am going to put in a vote right now for ntndeacon to see if that will get him talking... although swaggs might be a good choice to look at today too

vote ntndeacon
Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #383
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Ardent and alant, I see you both online...what do you think about ntn or swaggs?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #384
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I dont understand what is going on with people getting items then not having items... Can someone explain that to me? Ardent first said he got some charm, then didn't have a charm. I asked him about it, and as far as i know, Ardent never responded to my question. I assumed from that that Ardent was either bad and messing with us, or good and somehow his identity switch complicated the item receiving process.

Then Pass also said something about getting an item then not having an item, and we know Pass is good, but he didn't really elaborate too much on that. Now LSG is commenting on it... How do you have it taken away? is it a GM mistake that you had it in the first place (ie: we should ignore the mention of it), or is it some game mechanic causing this? (ie: the item interceptor)
Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #385
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Also, you know what I just thought of... could cronin and path have set up the whole wolf scanner incident last night so we would think Path was a good guy? That is right up st.cronin's ally I believe
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #386
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I really think it is the game mechanic causing it. I highly doubt Barkeep is making that many mistakes
Old 06-28-2007, 09:47 AM   #387
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ardent and alant, I see you both online...what do you think about ntn or swaggs?

Swaggs and Render both showed up real fast after the wolf lynch yesterday, which made me have a bit of suspicion about that action. Part of me wondered if I hadn't moved my vote and it had stayed close, if they would have showed up in time to have saved Cronin. Part of me still is deadset on believing that Ardent and Cronin are on the same team and yesterday was a big messup at the start, then damage control by Ardent later. If Ardent is indeed a wolf, then I don't really feel Swaggs or Render are a wolf. In a wolf vs wolf run off, the other wolves just pick someone to throw their vote at and write it off as a loss. I don't see Swaggs or Render getting extra attention missing a vote if they are both wolves.

(ie: we saw how adament Cronin was about not wanting to have people vote Ardent yesterday even if it was to sacrifice himself, then once Ardent showed up with his story, the vote moved over to Cronin in a safe enough buffer for Cronin to place his vote on Ardent.)

Now if Ardent was good, then my suspicion of both Swaggs and Render is a bit higher, but I don't necessarily see missing a vote as a wolf strategy and probably won't place much into that.

As for ntndeacon, he's always a hard read for me since he doesn't really say much or put much into the conversation, so difficult to get a read on him. He was one of the early ones to come flat out voting for Cronin whom we know is a wolf now. If Ardent is a wolf too, then I don't think that says much one way or another about ntn. However if Ardent is good, then I feel a bit better about ntn than I did before. Even though Ntn's vote I think at the time didn't put Cronin in the lead, it did at least start the move on him I think

Either way though, I doubt I would vote ntn today at least.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #388
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alan, I did, in fact, answer your question. Would you like me to do it again, or would you like to read on your own?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #389
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, you know what I just thought of... could cronin and path have set up the whole wolf scanner incident last night so we would think Path was a good guy? That is right up st.cronin's ally I believe

That was one of my scenerios I outlined yesterday, I just don't see 2 wolves sacrificing one to give the other trust on day 2. Its way too early in the game to do that. Then with ardent's claims later in the day, I felt Either Cronin or Path had to be bad, but likely not both of them (And we now know for sure it was cronin). THe only real question in my mind was which side Ardent was playing with. I'm hoping someone was able to scan him last night at least to give us more information.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #390
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Agreed with alan on the last post, it was a little weird, especially knowing how little cronin was around yesterday as well. He's usually all over stuff but disappeared through the day and night.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #391
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I did, in fact, answer your question. Would you like me to do it again, or would you like to read on your own?

I'll go back and see if i can find it. I remember reading through alot of those posts real fast last night when I got back from the movies. I really wasn't sure if I wanted to make the move I did or not.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #392
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't mind saying what I have now, but I wanted to keep it secret yesterday.

I started the game with the wolfsbane leaf and the psychic link. I used the psychic link the first night, since I did not want to contact a wolf and assume them in my COT. Last night, I attempted to contact hoopsguy and another player (I'll hold off on naming them, on the miniscule chance that I can catch them in a lie if they claim to have it) last night.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #393
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

unvote ntndeacon

I forgot he started the vote on Cronin

I think ardent's giddiness about cronin dying was very real. I will be surprised if he too was a wolf. I need to go ahead and make a vote but I want it to be meaningful so hopefully other people will jump on and put pressure on somebody. There are two wolves left but I dont think Render and Swaggs are stupid enough to get online right after the vote.... that raised too many eyebrows.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 AM   #394
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm going to vote saldana for now, just to see if any discussion ensues.

VOTE SALDANA.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #395
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Looking back, I don't think I ever asked the next question to you actually which is why I didn't remember an answer for it. Which was what I asked his morning.. not understanding the mechanism for how people get items then lose them like you did there. Instead I got off on a completely different subject trying to figure out the scenerios on who I believed last night.

Well I'm still for a loss if someone else got one of these items that these people said they had then lost... I'd be really interested in seeing how you got them instead of that person.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #396
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Alant.... what about Saldana and Lathum
Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #397
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Ardent we were thinking the same things.... Sal and Lathum are two good players and heat hasn't been put on them yet. I'll jump on Ardent's bandwagon and hope that something comes out of this.

vote saldana
Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #398
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alan,

According to my PM, around 9:30 central I was told I had received the charm of persuasion. About 5 hours later I received another PM stating that there was a correction, I never had the charm of persuasion.

These PMs arrived at the same time to me, when I got home around, I guess 4ish after work.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #399
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan,

According to my PM, around 9:30 central I was told I had received the charm of persuasion. About 5 hours later I received another PM stating that there was a correction, I never had the charm of persuasion.

These PMs arrived at the same time to me, when I got home around, I guess 4ish after work.

Barkeep can you tell us if this should be considered as something that happened within game, or if it was GM error and we should consider Ardent never received a charm message?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #400
st.cronin
General Manager

Pretty sure at least part of it is GM error. I got a message this morning saying I had received an item, later I got a message saying "disregard, you're dead."

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote