Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #301
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So if it had been you in bullet's spot, you wouldn't have changed your vote to save yourself? Really?

As a Human, I'd like to think so.

Now if i were a REPLICANT? Hells yeah I'd be saving my ass.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #302
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So now that we learned absolutely nothing about the vote... What can we tell about it...

A) DT was good, Render moved for some weird reason that is unexplainable
B) DT was bad, Render moved to save him
C) DT was bad, Render moved for some weird reason that is unexplainable

I know alot of people suggested to scan Swaggs or ardent tonight, but I'm not so sure that Render wouldn't be a bad scan choice. I have felt his play today was odd all day, but don't necessarily think odd play = wolf all the time though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:14 PM   #303
st.cronin
General Manager

DT and ardent were both pretty much MIA all day.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #304
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Oh, and if anyone wants to know, in my dream the sun crashed into my apartment and destroyed all my nice new furniture.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #305
st.cronin
General Manager

No, I say our seers scan somebody else, and tomorrow we just lynch Render regardless. If Render is bad, good for us. If he's good, why force the seers to out themselves on day 2?

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 08:17 PM   #306
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
No, I say our seers scan somebody else, and tomorrow we just lynch Render regardless. If Render is bad, good for us. If he's good, why force the seers to out themselves on day 2?

Works for me.. then I don't have to keep biting my tongue every time I want to say something about the game to him!
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #307
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think Deckard's role appears to be pretty powerful. I assume based on what the rules state, that he has the ability to either scan someone or do a night attack for good (but not both). The other seer role I would guess is just plain seer only and no scan. Or perhaps a weaker seer type scan (chance of failure?).

So I would guess Deckard could scan him one night and kill him the next night without ever outing himself.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #308
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
As a Human, I'd like to think so.

Now if i were a REPLICANT? Hells yeah I'd be saving my ass.
Do you understand my post about why the noble sacrifice is a losing play as villager?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #309
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think Deckard's role appears to be pretty powerful. I assume based on what the rules state, that he has the ability to either scan someone or do a night attack for good (but not both). The other seer role I would guess is just plain seer only and no scan. Or perhaps a weaker seer type scan (chance of failure?).

So I would guess Deckard could scan him one night and kill him the next night without ever outing himself.
Yeah. Decker is our friend no doubt about it.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #310
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

crap. I'm not used to being on the west coast. I missed deadline hmm? ah well...today was the one day i'll likely be out of touch. The rest of the game should happen during my vacation-vacation
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #311
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wow, two games in a row for DaddyTorgo... I guess he learned his lesson about gloating
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #312
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'm wondering how the replicants attack/gain knowledge. I gather that Roy Batty can kill whomever he pleases and that Priss learns a person's role, but does Leon have any other ability other than taking out the person who attacks him? What I'm concerned about is that he (and maybe Roy if he chooses not to kill) has the ability to "spy" on someone. If we send our two Blade Runners to test AE and Swaggs, are we sending our two most important players into a trap?
Old 07-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #313
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

That's a good point.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #314
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I'm wondering how the replicants attack/gain knowledge. I gather that Roy Batty can kill whomever he pleases and that Priss learns a person's role, but does Leon have any other ability other than taking out the person who attacks him? What I'm concerned about is that he (and maybe Roy if he chooses not to kill) has the ability to "spy" on someone. If we send our two Blade Runners to test AE and Swaggs, are we sending our two most important players into a trap?

Sounded to me like

Brutal wolf
Anti-Seer
Night killer
Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #315
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Wow, two games in a row for DaddyTorgo... I guess he learned his lesson about gloating

lol
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #316
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
That's a good point.

But the problem is still what to do tomorrow. If he scans RendeR, and we lynch Render, then he's wasted his night action.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #317
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

But would the person they scan know that they were scanned and by whom?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #318
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
But the problem is still what to do tomorrow. If he scans RendeR, and we lynch Render, then he's wasted his night action.
This is a risk we'll always have to take, I feel. We don't want Decker coming out in ANY way, I feel.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #319
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
This is a risk we'll always have to take, I feel. We don't want Decker coming out in ANY way, I feel.

Totally agree, that's why I would urge Decker to scan somebody not on our radar.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #320
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Totally agree, that's why I would urge Decker to scan somebody not on our radar.
And hope that he gets lucky and take unilateral action? I dunno...
Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #321
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Sounded to me like

Brutal wolf
Anti-Seer
Night killer

So only one of them has the ability to scan people? If that's true then finding Tyrell and Sebastian is going to be really tough for them.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #322
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
So only one of them has the ability to scan people? If that's true then finding Tyrell and Sebastian is going to be really tough for them.
I agree with both Alan's and JE's analysis.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #323
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
And hope that he gets lucky and take unilateral action? I dunno...

Well what's the scenario where he scans RendeR, and isn't either wasting his night action or revealing himself tomorrow?

If RendeR is bad, he just sits around while we lynch him. If Render is good, he has to out himself, or else sit around while we lynch him.

The only way Render makes sense as a scan target is if he can scan and kill in the same night - which I guess is possible, but pretty unlikely.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #324
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well what's the scenario where he scans RendeR, and isn't either wasting his night action or revealing himself tomorrow?

If RendeR is bad, he just sits around while we lynch him. If Render is good, he has to out himself, or else sit around while we lynch him.

The only way Render makes sense as a scan target is if he can scan and kill in the same night - which I guess is possible, but pretty unlikely.
I'm not convinced at all that we'll lynch Render tomorrow. To me I'm looking at BS, Render, and Swaggs, likely in that order.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #325
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok quick question. DT and i were tied, how was it he was choosen to die then? was it a random roll or does someone have a deciding factor?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #326
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fyi that's 3 games in a row i'm dead D1.

Although in this case I think it might have been a good thing. Don't want to say anymore since I'm just a ghost. Good luck villagers!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:56 PM   #327
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ok quick question. DT and i were tied, how was it he was choosen to die then? was it a random roll or does someone have a deciding factor?
I don't think we know.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #328
path12
Coordinator

Didn't DT get to five votes first? Maybe that's the tiebreaker.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 PM   #329
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'm curious to see what happens tonight. I don't know what it means that the replicants have to "find" Tyrell and Sebastian as one of the paths to victory. Does Priss have the only ability to find them? And what happens if either Tyrell or Sebastian is killed? What if both are killed? Is that a risk the replicants are willing to take just to kill someone?

Conversely, do the Blade Runners kill tonight instead of testing people? If they kill, we learn if the victims are human or not. If they test, only they know the result and that knowledge could die without the rest of us knowing.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #330
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm curious to see what happens tonight. I don't know what it means that the replicants have to "find" Tyrell and Sebastian as one of the paths to victory. Does Priss have the only ability to find them? And what happens if either Tyrell or Sebastian is killed? What if both are killed? Is that a risk the replicants are willing to take just to kill someone?

Conversely, do the Blade Runners kill tonight instead of testing people? If they kill, we learn if the victims are human or not. If they test, only they know the result and that knowledge could die without the rest of us knowing.

That reminds me. Wouldn't there have to be some way to tell what side those sent to Mars belonged to? Most non-reveal games I've been in have some sort of mechanism to determine the allegiance of all lynched or killed players eventually.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #331
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
That reminds me. Wouldn't there have to be some way to tell what side those sent to Mars belonged to? Most non-reveal games I've been in have some sort of mechanism to determine the allegiance of all lynched or killed players eventually.

I've been assuming that there is some mechanism, but we don't know what it is yet. Maybe one of Tyrell or Sebastian gets that info?

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #332
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
fyi that's 3 games in a row i'm dead D1.

Although in this case I think it might have been a good thing. Don't want to say anymore since I'm just a ghost. Good luck villagers!

Do you mean 3 games as a villager? Cause that one time you were a wolf, you did not die D1.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #333
RendeR
Coordinator

OK, first off, wtf did I do to Cronin to piss him off? *tosses a have spent cigar on the ground*

Secondly, I'm not the only person who voted/changed their vote to force a tie. We didn't know how a tie would affect things and finding that out is worthy enough reason for votes on people on DAY 1.

And one final note Cronin, the simplest way for Deckard to not waste his scan on night 1 is to scan someone who might actually BE a replicant. All kidding aside, I was PM-ed human and a boring generic useless no ROLE human at that.

Damn, how did I get so popular all the sudden? I couldn't have done THAT well last game, I DIED.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #334
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
OK, first off, wtf did I do to Cronin to piss him off? *tosses a have spent cigar on the ground*

Secondly, I'm not the only person who voted/changed their vote to force a tie. We didn't know how a tie would affect things and finding that out is worthy enough reason for votes on people on DAY 1.

And one final note Cronin, the simplest way for Deckard to not waste his scan on night 1 is to scan someone who might actually BE a replicant. All kidding aside, I was PM-ed human and a boring generic useless no ROLE human at that.

Damn, how did I get so popular all the sudden? I couldn't have done THAT well last game, I DIED.

I'm just assuming that after your vote switch that you'll get some attention tomorrow. I have no particular feelings about your humanity.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #335
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Well, that's certainly an interesting response...
Old 07-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #336
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Render do you get the logic yet behind the Conventional Wisdom that a villager should try to save himself?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #337
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Render do you get the logic yet behind the Conventional Wisdom that a villager should try to save himself?

Of course I get the logic, its just these damn morals of mine that TELLE has nurtured for a decade that keep getting in my way!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #338
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm just assuming that after your vote switch that you'll get some attention tomorrow. I have no particular feelings about your humanity.

You may want to re-read your posts then, because it sure reads like a holy crusade to rid humanity of my person =)
Old 07-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #339
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Of course I get the logic, its just these damn morals of mine that TELLE has nurtured for a decade that keep getting in my way!

sure sure, blame it on the woman!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #340
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Crap, I'm guessing I missed a deadline? Evil NCAA GAME!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #341
st.cronin
General Manager

Alan T has joined the FOFC-BBCF! woot!

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #342
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
DT and ardent were both pretty much MIA all day.
Blame the game, dude. The game. Well, that and work. Got work tomorrow. Believe it or not, in a "secret" animal testing facility in St. Louis. It breaks my heart to hear the dogs in that place. I hate going there. I think I'll be home all day Thursday and Friday, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
Day 1 Final Vote Tally

bulletsponge - 5 Barkeep49, st.cronin, Telle, Chief Rum, RendeR
DaddyTorgo - 5 Jonathan Ezarik, Swaggs, path12, AlanT, bulletsponge
ardent enthusiast - 2 KWhit, Passacaglia
ntndeacon - 1 Lathum
Lathum - 1 ntndeacon
KWhit - 1 twothree
RendeR - 1 LoneStarGirl

Did not vote: DaddyTorgo, ardent enthusiast
Dang, one post and two votes. I am good.

Quote:
Agree, and note that ardent and Swaggs were among the first to come out with pm info (still not sure if ardent was talking about a dream or not). My instincts tell me they're both villager.
I think mine was a dream, but I'll admit I barely read it. Tennis this and that. Heck, I had to double check to make sure the humans weren't the bad guys before I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
This should be interesting. WW doesn't hold a candle to the time I'm goign to spend on NCAA '08. This is going to be a hard game to follow.
Took me forever to figure out when I posted this.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 PM   #343
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Don't hold your breath for me.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #344
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Just checked, the tennis thing was a dream of mine when I was six or something. Skinned my knee...became a star. Something.

About to hit the hay...later gang.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #345
twothree
College Prospect

Got back from work. That was an interesting day one.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #346
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I might once I learn the game a bit more. Which reminds me.......
Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #347
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
So it's more moral to save the life of a wolf than yourself?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #348
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
So it's more moral to save the life of a wolf than yourself?

Well for my part, everyone appears to be human; human for human is not a trade I'd make merely for survival's sake, perhaps you know otherwise?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #349
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I agree with BK. you gotta try to save yourself...especially early on. Now as a consoling factor you can say well at least I was only a normal peon human instead of someone important, but as a strategy that is just awful
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 AM   #350
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Not sure yet what to make of things. I will need to see how the night passes and if we find out anything new. Of course, I leave for work before the night deadline, but I only work one job tomorrow. I will be around tomorrow late, probably for the last two hours up to the deadline or so.

I'm still leaning toward bulletsponge, but I am alsotrying to digest the intricacies of yesterday's vote, and particular the moves made by Alan and Render. It might also be a good idea to look at the ones who broke the ties. I think I was even one of those, actually.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote