Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #51
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
Right, but it counts towards the threadpost count which is what people look at when deciding who's trying to hide.

an over rated strategy IMO

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 PM   #52
JHandley
High School Varsity

And over-used. But I had to come up with something to save face after that answer
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #53
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Jhandley, you are going to be fun, I can tell.
I knew the deadline was 10 tomorrow, but I didn't know if it was 10 every night.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Is it just me or is Path really under the radar so far this game?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #55
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Old 07-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #56
st.cronin
General Manager

The deadline will be 10 every night, unless I change it for some reason.

alternately

The deadline will be 10 every night, unless I change it for some reason.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #57
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
ten thirty o' clock, and all's well
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:46 PM   #58
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Whatsup. Checking in. Let's get us some werewolves.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #59
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

lol

Already analyzing and the game hasn't even started?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 AM   #60
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Did I miss something? Looks like the game has started. :P

I am a villager. No BG skills for me this time. Still, I am convinced Lathum is a wolf.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:30 AM   #61
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

JHandey dola,

As usual, I will not be around in the daytime, as I work. I should show up later in the afternoon.

Seems like a fairly simple game from the looks of things here, but my guess is the engine underneath is much more complicated. We'll see what st. cronin has planned for us.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:02 AM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
JHandey dola,

As usual, I will not be around in the daytime, as I work. I should show up later in the afternoon.

Seems like a fairly simple game from the looks of things here, but my guess is the engine underneath is much more complicated. We'll see what st. cronin has planned for us.

Cronin pretty much said it was going to be a simple game. I think the big difference on this game is the 24 hour clock. There are other small things such as the evil being split into different types of creatures, and two seers only able to see that particular type. Other than that, if its a simple game as far as complexity goes, I'm not sure what other differences there would be to look out for.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:14 AM   #63
Lorena
Unregistered

Random Day 1 Vote:

VOTE JONATHAN EZARIK

Subject to change, yadda yadda yadda
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #64
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
So, it occurs to me that my reply had nothing to do with your question. I suppose it does serve to bump my post count and get away from the dreaded "utr" title.

+1.

Does that count?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:42 AM   #65
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Cronin pretty much said it was going to be a simple game. I think the big difference on this game is the 24 hour clock. There are other small things such as the evil being split into different types of creatures, and two seers only able to see that particular type. Other than that, if its a simple game as far as complexity goes, I'm not sure what other differences there would be to look out for.

I think you're probably right, but there was this little nugget from the ruleset:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
There are unlisted roles in the game, as well.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Does that mean Kate Beckinsale is in the game?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #67
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh fun...time for random D1 votes!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #68
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I will be in Memphis umpiring a Dizzy Dean World Series tonight until tuesday night.... My games are over around 7 central so I should have no problem voting... but do not accuse me of being Under the Radar (Alant) when I am just working my butt off!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #69
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Random Day 1 Vote:

VOTE JONATHAN EZARIK

Hey! I thought we were friends, DC.

On a serious note, what are the thoughts of not lynching anyone today? I know some people don't like to go a day without lynching, but in a game like this, how much would it hurt to not lynch on day one? Especially since none of us have any information at all. That is, I'm assuming no one has any info yet.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #70
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post

On a serious note, what are the thoughts of not lynching anyone today? I know some people don't like to go a day without lynching, but in a game like this, how much would it hurt to not lynch on day one? Especially since none of us have any information at all. That is, I'm assuming no one has any info yet.

I used to be a firm proponent of always lynching.. but seeing how it played out in my last game I ran when people chose to no lynch instead of lynch Passacaglia who ended up being one of the game mvps for the good guys... I'm starting to waver a bit.

I probably would still be pro-lynch except I know one of the loudest No-lynch people on day 1s out there has always been St.Cronin. So would that mean he might build in some reason for it being wiser to do a no-lynch in this game to prove a point?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #71
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

that might work, as long as the wolves agree to not eat one of us...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #72
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I hate having no lynch day one.

Lynch=Information.

Information=Good.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #73
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I hate having no lynch day one.

Lynch=Information.

Information=Good.

Seriously, though, how much do we really learn from a day one lynch? And how many times do we end up lynching an important player on day one on accident?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #74
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm also one of the loudest lynching proponents and I've built no lynching into my games, for no good reason except as a perceived slight benefit to the wolves, as well.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 AM   #75
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
that might work, as long as the wolves agree to not eat one of us...

So we should make it easier for them by stumbling around in the dark on day one and randomly taking out a villager? That way they get a free kill without having to do anything?

I can understand in some games that a day one lynch can be useful, but I don't see what we would learn here.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 AM   #76
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Seriously, though, how much do we really learn from a day one lynch? And how many times do we end up lynching an important player on day one on accident?

we usualy don't learn much right away but that analysis helps down the road.

Our day 2 guess will be no more educated then our day 1 guess unless the seer or BG out themselves so why prolong the enevitable?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #77
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So we should make it easier for them by stumbling around in the dark on day one and randomly taking out a villager? That way they get a free kill without having to do anything?

I can understand in some games that a day one lynch can be useful, but I don't see what we would learn here.

The fact is in most games 4-5 villagers will be killed/ lynched before a clear picture can be made and we can make some educated guesses. A big part of that picture is voting patterns, including day 1.

If we wait until tomorrow all we accomplish is losing a villager without gaining information. It's like giving the wolves a night zero.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #78
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
we usualy don't learn much right away but that analysis helps down the road.

Our day 2 guess will be no more educated then our day 1 guess unless the seer or BG out themselves so why prolong the enevitable?

Maybe I'm rusty from not playing much lately, but I thought we pretty much always threw out day one votes when analyzing vote trends. And for day two, at least we have people getting out and about at night and possibly seeing each other. It's not perfect, but it's better than the completely random day one votes.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #79
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Maybe I'm rusty from not playing much lately, but I thought we pretty much always threw out day one votes when analyzing vote trends. And for day two, at least we have people getting out and about at night and possibly seeing each other. It's not perfect, but it's better than the completely random day one votes.

I find the best way to gain information from a day one vote is to narrow it down to 2-3 candidates and see where people end up. In order for that to happen we need someone with multiple votes so....

VOTE JONATHAN EZARIK

I find it a little interesting that after DC votes you the no lynch on day 1 talk starts
Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #80
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I find the best way to gain information from a day one vote is to narrow it down to 2-3 candidates and see where people end up. In order for that to happen we need someone with multiple votes so....

VOTE JONATHAN EZARIK

I find it a little interesting that after DC votes you the no lynch on day 1 talk starts

You know, WW would be a great case study for "mob mentality". I saw your post and immediately felt compelled to vote for Jonathan Ezarik as well since there was now two people voting for him.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #81
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

That is how bandwagons start.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #82
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
That is how bandwagons start.

which doesn't help us at all.

We need to find another candidate or two, even if it is me.

I'll be gone most of the day so hopefully we can get something out of it.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #83
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Random Day 1 Vote:

VOTE JONATHAN EZARIK

Well since Dodgerchick started the voting, she can be the other candidate.

VOTE DODGERCHICK
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #84
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

VOTE JONATHAN EZARIK

Cool. Go ahead and vote for me. When I turn up as good, this will come back and bite you in the ass because we all know that the second vote on someone (especially day one) is a wolf vote.

And this has nothing to do with DC voting for me. I was thinking last night that maybe we shouldn't lynch today because we have no information on which to base our votes, and I hate lynching someone just because we think we have to.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #85
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
When I turn up as good, this will come back and bite you in the ass because we all know that the second vote on someone (especially day one) is a wolf vote.

We do?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #86
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Except I'm not sure when the last time a wolf actually did place a second vote. I certainly think Lathum would do this conventional/unconventional move but our criticism of people who cast second votes seems just to be something we do which I'm not sure has ever been grounded in fact.

I do think we've had much better luck with people who say they're wolves though and so I will always vote for people who state, in jest or not, that they are a wolf on Day 1.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #87
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Sorry, I meant to include a sarcastic smiley on my post regarding the second vote.

But isn't that how it usually works on day one? Player A votes Player B. Player B in turn votes Player A. No one wants to be accused of casting that important second vote on someone, so everyone votes for someone randomly that doesn't already have a vote.

As the day runs on, someone comes along, states that there has to be a lynch or the day is wasted, and casts a second vote. Eventually, others follow. When the person that is lynched turns up good, we all go after those that voted for that person in the following days. Almost always, those players are all good. Why? Because the wolves don't have to do anything on day one, unless we luck out and hit on one of them.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #88
JHandley
High School Varsity

Something to get the ball rolling.

VOTE TELLE
Old 07-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #89
Barkeep49
Coordinator

JE, how will that differ than what happens on Day 2?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #90
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In other words, I don't deny that Day 1 often seems random, but it gets discussion going, which is sueful, and gives us voting patterns, which is useful. In other words it generates information. I think we lose a day if we don't vote on Day 1 even if it often lynches a villager, which is what you would expect. In fact, in general, you'd expect earlier lynches to be more likely to hit villagers since they're somewhat random and there are more villagers than wolves.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #91
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry, I meant to include a sarcastic smiley on my post regarding the second vote.

But isn't that how it usually works on day one? Player A votes Player B. Player B in turn votes Player A. No one wants to be accused of casting that important second vote on someone, so everyone votes for someone randomly that doesn't already have a vote.

As the day runs on, someone comes along, states that there has to be a lynch or the day is wasted, and casts a second vote. Eventually, others follow. When the person that is lynched turns up good, we all go after those that voted for that person in the following days. Almost always, those players are all good. Why? Because the wolves don't have to do anything on day one, unless we luck out and hit on one of them.

Pretty much sums up why I hate day 1's so much.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #92
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

At least some people will have knowledge by then. Day two is still mostly a shot in the dark, but it's better than what we have now.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:17 AM   #93
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
At least some people will have knowledge by then. Day two is still mostly a shot in the dark, but it's better than what we have now.
Yeah but we don't want that knowledge communicated, so it's great that there is some knowledge but it's not easy to access it for villagers.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #94
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Something to get the ball rolling.

VOTE TELLE

Hey!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #95
JHandley
High School Varsity

I don't think Day 2 is going to have any more information than Day 1 without a catalyst. The seers will have limited information and won't really be able to get it out without fear of outting themselves.

I think there's gotta be a lynching if for no other reason than it gets people talking.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #96
cartman
Death Herald

well, third vote's a charm, right?

VOTE JONATHAN EZARIK
Old 07-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #97
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
In other words, I don't deny that Day 1 often seems random, but it gets discussion going, which is sueful, and gives us voting patterns, which is useful. In other words it generates information. I think we lose a day if we don't vote on Day 1 even if it often lynches a villager, which is what you would expect. In fact, in general, you'd expect earlier lynches to be more likely to hit villagers since they're somewhat random and there are more villagers than wolves.

But really, what voting patterns do we get on day one? How many times have we lynched villagers because of a day one vote? And if it comes down to two or three villagers today, what do we learn from that? The wolves don't have to do anything today. Just sit back and watch us kill one of our own.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #98
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

To go back to this, if I was a wolf would I be drawing so much attention to myself on day one? No. I would have just voted DC and left it alone.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #99
KWhit
Coordinator

Just to keep things close...

VOTE TELLE
Old 07-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #100
st.cronin
General Manager

Game note: Tie votes end in no lynch (generally speaking).

alternately

Game note: Tie votes end in no lynch (generally speaking).

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote