Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #351
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
And lathum earns a raised-eyebrow for not noticing how hard i've been trying to get people to vote for cronin/trying to throw suspiscion onto me.

You should be the one raising eyebrows for trying so hard considering there is no way you could be so certain barring a hidden game mechanic.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #352
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Here is my vote count:

ntndeacon (6)-- KWhit (212), Path12 (278), st.cronin (303), Barkeep49 (309), Lathum (310), hoopsguy (315)
Barkeep (4)-- Jonathan Ezarik (152), Passacaglia (283), PurdueBrad (291), MikeVic (302)
Path (1)-- ntndeacon (336)
st.cronin (1)-- DaddyTorgo (162)

Did not vote-- Celeval, Gonzo

I believe this is correct. ntndeacon is the choice. I will do the writeup.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 08-07-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #353
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

For much of the day off and leading up to this first critical game against the Orioles, there was stalled debate over who to sit for the rest of the season. Finally, one candidate began to stand out. Once it became clear ntndeacon was to be the choice, the votes piled on.

Manager Lou Brown announced that ntndeacon would sit the rest of the year. In frustration, ntndeacon stalked into the lockerroom, grabbed his things and walked out of the clubhouse. He only left one baseball card on the top shelf--himself. ntndeacon is Rube Baker--and, alas, a villager.

The farmboy catcher has gone home, and the owner's evil plan is one day closer to coming to fruition.

NIGHT GAMES COMING SHORTLY
Old 08-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #354
Celeval
Pro Starter

Well, we did have three catchers. Sorry, guys, although I don't think any vote of mine would have made a difference in the outcome this time.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #355
hoopsguy
General Manager

Celeval, did you get your "step it up" in before the deadline?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #356
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Celeval, did you get your "step it up" in before the deadline?

I didn't send one in before 7pm.. when I last was on before that, I was still unsure as to whether I was supposed to or not. I sent it at about 7:30, before the tallying, but I don't know if it'll go through.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #357
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

With somewhat heavy hearts, you prepare for the ballgame against the Orioles.

Before you hit the field, you see the Yankees come back beat the Tigers in extra innings, 6-5, courtesy of a homerun by Clu Heywood. You are 1.5 games back now and need to win tonight to keep pace.

You walk on the field to start the game, but no one walks to catcher. Lou Brown yells, "Hey, where the hell's Jake?"

The umpires and the Orioles stand and watch in bemusement as you all rush back into the clubhouse. Inside, Jake Taylor's locker--aka Celeval's locker--is taped a note.

"Sorry, guys, I gotta go see about a girl."

Apparently, Jake has gone off to see if he can woo back his old girlfriend--and he took the bullpen cart, too, the bastard. He probably won't be back this season.

Now, you're all just pissed. You storm out onto the field, becuase you're angry. Tonight's victim--the Orioles. You pummel them, 12-4, tonight, with contributions from money. But the man of the night is Pedro Cerrano, who crushes two dingers and drives in five runs to lead the way.

You are one game back again. But you are now short two catchers. And somehow, you just know, someone in the owner's office got in touch with that old girlfriend and got her to call Jake tonight.

DAY TWO HAS BEGUN

THE DEADLINE FOR DAY TWO WILL BE 10 P.M. EST/7 P.M. PDT

Old 08-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #358
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

least we won. Who's pedro?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #359
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Orioles learned it is very unwise to steal Jobu's rum.

Looks like the bad guys are targeting key players as well, unless you think that Celeval seemed like the obvious Night 1 victim.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #360
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
least we won. Who's pedro?

why? so you can take out our big hitter tommorow?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #361
Celeval
Pro Starter

Well, damn. Then again...

Werewolf... Rene Russo. Werewolf... Rene Russo...

Have fun, guys.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #362
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
why? so you can take out our big hitter tommorow?

flaw in your thinking: i'm not a wolf. My victory conditions are the same as the villager's. I am a simple villager.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #363
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
flaw in your thinking: i'm not a wolf. My victory conditions are the same as the villager's. I am a simple villager.

well I find it interesting that no one has claimed Pedro, he has a monster game, and the first thing you ask is "who's Pedro?"

that isn't a tad suspect?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #364
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

All I know is that it'll be harder on me to make a lineup if we lose another catcher!!!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #365
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I still have no clue which positions have been claimed and not. I know it's in the thread so I could reference it, but since I don't have it memorized I'd have no way of knowing that Pedro is an unclaimed role.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #366
KWhit
Coordinator

Damn.

Nice that we got the win tonight. Sucks that we lynched a villager.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #367
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If you were a wolf why would you be concerned about losing baseball games?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #368
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

TBH I hadn't gone back to check and see if someone had claimed to be Pedro earlier
Old 08-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #369
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Here is what I believe are the roles at the moment, based on reading the posts and trying to interpret hints based on my knowledge of the movie.

1. DaddyTorgo - Ivan Molina (random dude)
2. Barkeep - Ken Parkhurst (random dude)
3. KWhit - Tom Kettner (random dude)
4. Passacaglia - Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn (P)
5. Celeval - hinted at Jake Taylor
6. Lathum - Isuro Tanaka (RF)
7. MikeVic - indispensible to team, talk about retirement, Dorn?
8. hoopsguy - stated position player (not random dude)
9. path12 - Jack Parkman (C/DH)
10. Jonathan Ezarik
11. ntndeacon
12. Gonzo - Willie Mays Hayes (CF)
13. PurdueBrad - Lou Brown (manager)
14. st.cronin - "crafty lefty", Eddie Harris (P)

I think Pedro has to be either hoopsguy, or JE. Or else somebody is fibbing.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #370
MikeVic
Head Coach

Maybe my thought outline on why NTN was a villager was off or something, but I was right.

That's ok, folks. You have your veteran leadership right here. Although it's funny we lost two catchers on the first day.

I'll have to see who else says what in their posts, but so far I still only have my two vague suspicions.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #371
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm not sure if this is what Barkeep is asking or not, but we can exclude Pedro from suspicion, no? Assuming we think we know who Pedro is, I mean.

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #372
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Am I the only one who thinks it was weird DT wanted to know who Pedro is?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #373
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'm not sure if this is what Barkeep is asking or not, but we can exclude Pedro from suspicion, no? Assuming we think we know who Pedro is, I mean.
Yeah, that's part of it. But in the scheme of things the villagers WANT to win, but the wolves don't care one way or another. If we win all our games while the wolves pick us off one by one they've still achieved a major victory. Seems to me only if it becomes clear that the villagers are winning would the wolves try to sabotage to give themselves a kind of moral victory. As such, why should they care about revealing or not revealing their secret identities? Why shouldn't they try to win games and be scouted highly?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #374
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it was weird DT wanted to know who Pedro is?

I don't know. I see your point, but almost everybody had claimed a character by now, so I read it as just "who was it who claimed to be Pedro again?"

Also, if anything, Pedro would make an undesirable target for future nights, since he's already used one of his "uppers."

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #375
st.cronin
General Manager

Here's who I'm somewhat suspicious of:

Gonzo (playing very utr)
Mike Vic (was a bit too sure that ntn was good)

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #376
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Cronin, I like your thinking about Mike Vic.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #377
st.cronin
General Manager

All right, let's do it.

VOTE MIKEVIC

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #378
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Cronin, I like your thinking about Mike Vic.

He's come after me pretty hard today for no real reason. I can't say I like that!

Old 08-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #379
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'm not a wolf. I just figured that NTN originally brought up the plan that we ended up using, and it made sense. I didn't want to vote hoops, NTN, or Barkeep, but felt that hoops and NTN helped us out the most so far, so the vote defaulted to Barkeep.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #380
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm Pedro Cerrano. And it has been very hard to play the game without making references to it - seriously, is there a cooler character in the movie than Pedro?

I agreed with Lathum that we should have five people putting actions in. And I was concerned that we had decided too late in the day on who would act. Finally, I wanted to see if Cerrano showed high talent as he is one of the people I would slot higher if I was assigning the order non-randomly. So that is why I put my "step up" in, despite not being on our agreed list.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #381
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, it looks to me like the wolves targetted one of the players on our list of four - the guy that I think was most likely to be highly rated in a non-random scenario. Food for thought for tomorrow as we determine our group.

My suspicious nature has me thinking that the wolves were hoping to control todays action - that they had 1-2 people in the group and took out another player in the group who might out-talent their represenative(s).
Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #382
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Also, it looks to me like the wolves targetted one of the players on our list of four - the guy that I think was most likely to be highly rated in a non-random scenario. Food for thought for tomorrow as we determine our group.

My suspicious nature has me thinking that the wolves were hoping to control todays action - that they had 1-2 people in the group and took out another player in the group who might out-talent their represenative(s).

The vote was between Barkeep (scrub?), hoopsguy (unidentified), and ntn (unidentified). I'm not sure I buy your premise, especially given that there are probably only 2 wolves. I just don't think they would have the ability to control the vote with only 2 voices.

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #383
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Checking in for the evening. Bad lynch results (sorry ntn), but at least we kept pace with the Yankees.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #384
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
The vote was between Barkeep (scrub?), hoopsguy (unidentified), and ntn (unidentified). I'm not sure I buy your premise, especially given that there are probably only 2 wolves. I just don't think they would have the ability to control the vote with only 2 voices.

I'm talking about the night action, not the vote - where there were four people that were listed to "step it up". I don't think they set out to control it, per se, but liked how the list shaped up and took a shot by eliminating a player who would potentially rank ahead of them.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #385
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes, I think they definitely targeted Celeval for a reason. But it could just be to get us to look in the wrong direction.

However, I think there has to be some sort of dice roll mechanic in play here. If the "top" player(s) step it up, there is a bigger modifier than if only a mediocre player steps it up. So the wolves want to know who the best players are in (and who is going to be stepping it up on a given night) in order to try to take them out.

If only 1-2 players step it up (due to inactivity or night kill, etc) then we have a lesser chance of winning our game for the night which plays into the wolves hands. That's probably why they went after Celeval. I can't imagine both the wolves were in the group of 4 listed, but you might be right in that they specifically targeted someone from the list.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 PM   #386
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
Here's who I'm somewhat suspicious of:

Gonzo (playing very utr)

Sorry everyone that I couldn't vote on day one, real life sometimes intervenes. Good that we won the game though. And that late charge for ntdeacon is a tad suspicious if you ask me.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #387
hoopsguy
General Manager

The question on the late move towards NTN - was it to save the wolf Barkeep? If so, BK has played a weird wolf game. Not out of question, but that played a role in my vote.

I also expected to see some more movement after I cast what was the last vote on NTN. I was out until after the deadline at that point, with something like two hours left. But there were very few votes late in this one, for whatever that is worth.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #388
MikeVic
Head Coach

Whoa, why did I get a vote already?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #389
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The swing to save me was nearly simultainous with the swing towards me. There was little shifting because it was a day 1 villager versus villager showdown.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #390
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Jack Parkman is very surprised to hear that Jack Parkman was not the hero of the game. Jack Parkman is going to have to think about this.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #391
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The swing to save me was nearly simultainous with the swing towards me. There was little shifting because it was a day 1 villager versus villager showdown.

Nearly simultaneous, but not quite simultaneous. You could also say the ntn bandwagon started almost immediately after you took the lead.

That said, I'm also a little worried about DT trying to find out who Pedro was, too.

So with the MikeVic vote -- is the only reasoning for him that he sounded too sure about ntn? Or is there more anyone has against him?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:10 AM   #392
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Pass, I think Mike sounded as sure about ntn as he did me and hoops. He seemed fairly confident that all three of us were villagers. Obviously if he were a wolf, he'd know that and might be trying to use that information to gain trust. It's nothing substantial but it's out there.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:15 AM   #393
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Jack Parkman is very surprised to hear that Jack Parkman was not the hero of the game. Jack Parkman is going to have to think about this.

Jack Parkman should strongly consider embracing the power of voodoo. Perhaps Jack would like to have his bats blessed?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #394
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, I think Mike sounded as sure about ntn as he did me and hoops. He seemed fairly confident that all three of us were villagers. Obviously if he were a wolf, he'd know that and might be trying to use that information to gain trust. It's nothing substantial but it's out there.

Right. I see the theory behind it, but I also recognize that this is his first game. I feel like it's common for new players (myself included) to think they know it all. I remember my 2nd game (maybe it was my 3rd), I was lynched Day 1, after revealing myself as the herbalist. I was sure I knew at least two wolves from that, and I was wrong about both. That's why I was just hoping there was more out there to base this on.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #395
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so who else submitted a "step-it-up" action yesterday?

I can understand some reluctance about coming forward with this information because it does provide information to the wolves about how many are left. But it also helps us to understand the relative talent levels as we plan our actions.

Also, I'm of the belief that I might as well try to win us another game today. We can have a different set of people submit actions along with mine in an effort to see if there are more talented players on the roster. I still would like to see the majority of the list as randomized as we can make it, but if I'm not included on the list then we give up a chance to learn relative talent levels between yesteday and today.

Please poke holes in this if you see something I'm missing.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #396
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I did not step it up.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #397
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I can understand some reluctance about coming forward with this information because it does provide information to the wolves about how many are left. But it also helps us to understand the relative talent levels as we plan our actions.

Also, I'm of the belief that I might as well try to win us another game today. We can have a different set of people submit actions along with mine in an effort to see if there are more talented players on the roster. I still would like to see the majority of the list as randomized as we can make it, but if I'm not included on the list then we give up a chance to learn relative talent levels between yesteday and today.

I don't mind revealing that I didn't step it up. It looks like based on cronin's idea yesterday, we should go with my list. However, I think I'd rather we just stagger the list again.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #398
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I submitted my step it up power yesterday although it sounds like Cerrano's was much stronger than mine.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #399
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I submitted my step it up power yesterday although it sounds like Cerrano's was much stronger than mine.

Did you get any kind of PM to that effect?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #400
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

i did