Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2007, 05:31 PM   #451
SnDvls
Pro Starter

interesting that the people who witheld all their info were killed off too.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:31 PM   #452
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
If I say please?

Only if you add ice cream

On a slightly unrelated topic.. so I had to meet my wife out at Babys R Us to look at new cribs after work. I was pretty slammed today at work (You probably couldn't tell from the amount of posting on here), and the last hour there I literally was tied up and couldn't even look here. I realize the time and rush out the door to go meet her.

When I get there, I tell her... "uh.. any chance you think we might be done in about 45 minutes? I kind of need to get home by then"

She asks Why I have to be home.. is there some work I need to do?

"No.. its one of my online games I play, I need to do something before 6..."

She gave me a look and asked,"Is this your wolf game?"

"Yeah I need to submit some clues I want to suggest and forgot to do that before I left work..."

She rolled her eyes and kept walking on ...
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #453
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I also found a room where the murder did not happen, but I am not immediately sharing for an entirely separate reason. I found a secret passageway from it to another room, and it was not the room I anticipated.

Meaning that how we judge the "adjacent rooms" for rooms on the edge could very well be flawed.

BTW, knowing his situation, I won't harp too much on Lathum's passing here, but it should be noted that in dying, he takes his information with him. Information he could have freely offered up before this came to pass.

I found the same. I had expected the hidden tunnels to be linear connecting. (ie: Far left room connects to far right room through hidden tunnel). In my case, I found without saying much that it was the room adjacent to the one I had expected instead. Still on the same "wall" so to speak, but just a different room.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #454
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I found the same. I had expected the hidden tunnels to be linear connecting. (ie: Far left room connects to far right room through hidden tunnel). In my case, I found without saying much that it was the room adjacent to the one I had expected instead. Still on the same "wall" so to speak, but just a different room.

Yes, it seems you and I have discovered much the same thing. My situation there equates exactly with yours, although I will (hopefully) assume we're talking about different rooms.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #455
Passacaglia
Coordinator

All PMs are sent out. If you didn't get a PM by now, it's because you didn't send me one, or I made a mistake.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #456
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, it seems you and I have discovered much the same thing. My situation there equates exactly with yours, although I will (hopefully) assume we're talking about different rooms.

Yeah, the passage I found was on a diagonal from the room I was in.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #457
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I wasn't told anyone else was in the room with me, so I assume we don't learn that information that we have in other similar WW games.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #458
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I confirmed that Crim didn't commit the murder, and an secret passage that I won't name (not sure how the rooms actually work, though.)

That's a double confirmation on Crim, I believe.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #459
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I confirmed that Crim didn't commit the murder, and an secret passage that I won't name (not sure how the rooms actually work, though.)

That's a double confirmation on Crim, I believe.

Interesting, I had assumed I found the secret tunnel because I had found a clue about the room. Did you also find a clue about the room you were in? (Dont mention which room if so), or just found the tunnel by being in there?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #460
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

Maybe it's because the wolves/murderers don't want any other info coming out?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #461
RendeR
Coordinator

I found this exact same situation. Though no further information on the room I was in came to light. I am able to verify that barkeep is NOT the murderer.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #462
RendeR
Coordinator

I was posting in regards to a room having a secret tunnel.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #463
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Interesting, I had assumed I found the secret tunnel because I had found a clue about the room. Did you also find a clue about the room you were in? (Dont mention which room if so), or just found the tunnel by being in there?

Nope, no additional information. it was the room i was in for the night. I did get the Crim confirmation, though. So there.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #464
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I can confirm that the frying pan wasn't used
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #465
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So Ntn, Render and Neon_Chaos all provided secondary backup for day 1 reveals that were already given. Its nice having the secondary confirmation in case of someone lying, but I am more interested in the list of people who are left as not being cleared as a murderer.

I realize fully I am on that list, and am hoping that as more people check in, that at least one person could vouch for me..

I can imagine us ending up with 2 names from the list of people to look at (and if the FBI agent chose one of them last night its even easier hopefully)

I think we should do it (Even if I am one of the only ones left)..

Or do people think folks have submitted bogus entries already (based on people already doublechecking on already vouched for people instead of unvouched for people).

Or are people still fixated on trying to lose the game by letting someone else have an individual victory?

My own choice I think we should go for a run off of whoever is left unvouched for as the murderer after people check in.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #466
Telle
College Starter

I have received a clue that the murder did not take place in the Parlor Room.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #467
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Only if you add ice cream

On a slightly unrelated topic.. so I had to meet my wife out at Babys R Us to look at new cribs after work. I was pretty slammed today at work (You probably couldn't tell from the amount of posting on here), and the last hour there I literally was tied up and couldn't even look here. I realize the time and rush out the door to go meet her.

When I get there, I tell her... "uh.. any chance you think we might be done in about 45 minutes? I kind of need to get home by then"

She asks Why I have to be home.. is there some work I need to do?

"No.. its one of my online games I play, I need to do something before 6..."

She gave me a look and asked,"Is this your wolf game?"

"Yeah I need to submit some clues I want to suggest and forgot to do that before I left work..."

She rolled her eyes and kept walking on ...

I get the same reaction from my wife so you are not alone in that.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:34 PM   #468
Telle
College Starter

The following people did not vote on Day 1: Lathum, Barkeep49, saldana
Old 08-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #469
Swaggs
Coordinator

Hey guys... I'm kind of in a similar situation as Lathum, as my mother is in the hospital from a stroke, so I am a bit sleep deprived and generally out of it. I am going to try and catch up with things after a bit, but I am pretty fried right now.

I'll go ahead and share what info, I have from my PM.

Not in the Ballroom
Not in the Conservatory
Not with Poison

Hope it helps and I will check back in after awhile to get caught up.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #470
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I got that it wasn't path and there is a secret passage way somewhere
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #471
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm perplexed as to where we should start tomorrow. I like AlanT's suggestion and suggest that as a possible plan, if anyone has any theories at this point please throw them out there.

My only theory surround Neon_Chaos. When I posted earlier asking about the no lynch votes that were cast super early, all the replies were informative and helpful. However, Neons stuck out to me because he was incredibly defensive, making it sound like he interpreted my question as a full blown accusation. That was why I voted for him today. At this point its my only theory and only gut feeling on someone.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #472
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I'm perplexed as to where we should start tomorrow. I like AlanT's suggestion and suggest that as a possible plan, if anyone has any theories at this point please throw them out there.

My only theory surround Neon_Chaos. When I posted earlier asking about the no lynch votes that were cast super early, all the replies were informative and helpful. However, Neons stuck out to me because he was incredibly defensive, making it sound like he interpreted my question as a full blown accusation. That was why I voted for him today. At this point its my only theory and only gut feeling on someone.

I tend to get wordy when trying to explain things.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #473
Telle
College Starter

Well st. cronin's been pinging my radar.. and he's one of the four unaccounted for suspected murderers at this point.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #474
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

back. miss anything important?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #475
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wasn't NTN. And I found a secret passageway too.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #476
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

let's try to update who it wasn't for green. We can add path+ntn+crim to the list of who it wasn't...anyone else?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #477
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My own choice I think we should go for a run off of whoever is left unvouched for as the murderer after people check in.

I like this idea.

Let's not forget about the WW' either though
Old 08-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #478
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the doubling up on certain people doesn't bother me. I don't see it as a problem
Old 08-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #479
RendeR
Coordinator

Right now we're looking at the following with no murder clearance in any way as yet:

Alan T
St Cronin
Chief Rum
Old 08-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #480
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I like this idea.

Let's not forget about the WW' either though

I agree, but I think we need to trust in the seer to get moving on the wolves at this early stage. Assuming everything is revealed upon death/lynching, he is still out there.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #481
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Pass: Are roles fully reveled upon death?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #482
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree, but I think we need to trust in the seer to get moving on the wolves at this early stage. Assuming everything is revealed upon death/lynching, he is still out there.

agree. Just wanted to remind people of that so we don't get "off-track."

i'd also point out to the seer that they needn't worry themselves about those who havn't been cleared of being the murderer, as the murderer can't be a wolf.

While it is possible one of those 3 guys is a wolf, it's not statistically likely, so hopefully the seer focuses on those who have been cleared of being the murderer.

sure that's fairly apparent, but just spelling it out for everyone
Old 08-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #483
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Pass: Are roles fully reveled upon death?

Yes. They're revealed in the end of day post, and in Post #1.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #484
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yes. They're revealed in the end of day post, and in Post #1.

oh. duhhhh
Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #485
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Back from work, dinner eaten, kitchen cleaned, daughters put to bed, puter fired up, catching up now...
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #486
Crim
College Benchwarmer

okee, it may be too late to stop the cleared rooms from coming out, but I'll try: By my count, if everyone were to reveal their cleared rooms, there would be only three possibilities left. Now, suppose, the wolves want to kill me desperately, because they're mad that I removed my side-splitting post signatures. With only three uncleared rooms, each wolfie (if we're still assuming three wolves) just PMs to Passacaglia: kill crim in room a, b, c There's a good chance that with three uncleared rooms, Crim's dumb ass will be in one of them, and BAM automatic kill by our sharp-clawed friends.

Share cleared suspects? Definitely, as it helps us get closer to lynching the bad human. Share cleared weapons? ehhh, I'm not sold on that, as I come down closer to Alan's pov than RendeR's with regard to victory conditions. Different reason, though: I think it's kind of outside the spirit of the game to interpret minor victories where it's not spelled out in the rules. YMMV, but there ya go. That said, I wouldn't be mad if a socialite wins like this, but I don't think I want to actually play in that direction.

Now, sharing cleared rooms?!? Please stop, as I think it has much larger upside for wolves than for us, and much more immediately.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #487
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

Makes sense, too, as the less information the better for the bad guys, at least with regard to solving the crime (making an accusation).

Still, I can't blame them for withholding some info, <---- Duh, as I've also chosen to withold some info.

:o
Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 PM   #488
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
IS it just me or was DT's post in greek?

Why wouldn't the wolves help the murderer? they're goal and his are almost the same, kill everyone and anyone to get the win.

Just reading back through, and pointing out "hmm" moments. RendeR has been a dynamic character thus far.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #489
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Just reading back through, and pointing out "hmm" moments. RendeR has been a dynamic character thus far.
I've read this a few times and I'm still not sure what you're going for here. Can you elaborate?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:51 PM   #490
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
okee, it may be too late to stop the cleared rooms from coming out, but I'll try: By my count, if everyone were to reveal their cleared rooms, there would be only three possibilities left. Now, suppose, the wolves want to kill me desperately, because they're mad that I removed my side-splitting post signatures. With only three uncleared rooms, each wolfie (if we're still assuming three wolves) just PMs to Passacaglia: kill crim in room a, b, c There's a good chance that with three uncleared rooms, Crim's dumb ass will be in one of them, and BAM automatic kill by our sharp-clawed friends.

Share cleared suspects? Definitely, as it helps us get closer to lynching the bad human. Share cleared weapons? ehhh, I'm not sold on that, as I come down closer to Alan's pov than RendeR's with regard to victory conditions. Different reason, though: I think it's kind of outside the spirit of the game to interpret minor victories where it's not spelled out in the rules. YMMV, but there ya go. That said, I wouldn't be mad if a socialite wins like this, but I don't think I want to actually play in that direction.

Now, sharing cleared rooms?!? Please stop, as I think it has much larger upside for wolves than for us, and much more immediately.

Crim, we have been over this. Not going to rehash yesterday's argument. If you want to see both sides played out, read the interchange between me/Render and cronin/Lathum/saldana about three or four pages back or so.

There is risk to room revealing, yes. How much risk is for each individual to work out for their own. I for one don't agree with you, beause I would hope that people would have enough sense to realize that if they are a likely wolf target, they won't place themselves in uncleared rooms.

Frankly the best people to send to those rooms are UTR types who are unlikely to be pinging the wolves' radar right now. And we can't name those UTR types by name, of course. They will have to make that call themselves.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #491
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If you mean he has been active and engaging, yes, he has. I would also point to myself, st.cronin and AlanT as being particularly pointed in our play. I am curious what you think this means, though.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #492
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Oh, no huge thing, just thinking out loud...

RendeR started out proclaiming that the wolves would be helping the murderer. Later he's vociferously campaigning that they would in fact be better off killing the murderer.

Alan and others (CR, to a certain degree) have also altered positions at some point. I don't think this indicates any guilt on RendeR's part, really, but I was amused by the turnaround, is all.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #493
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Chief, I get your point, but since I was absent during most of that exchange, I wanted to chime in. And, utr types beware, seems to me that in some WW games, they are among the first to have their throats ripped out, simply because the wolves don't like to interfere in villager-on-villager violence.

Regarding our night 1 results, though, I'm just saying, killing two villagers who a) hadn't revealed info, and b) were engaged in the conversation seemed like a decent bad guy play. Less info available for us, and because JE and Lathum (especially Lathum) were into the exchange, there existed the possibility that you or Render might have changed their mind about it, and then we'd collectively have more info to go on. Whereas, the utr types who hadn't discussed clues seem unlikely to be persuaded, since they really don't seem to be taking part in the conversation.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:06 PM   #494
Crim
College Benchwarmer

And, for what it's worth, I'm thinking more and more that RendeR's right, in that it helps the villagers AND the wolves for us to lynch the murderer.

Let's say that everyone comes out with their cleared suspects list. Wolves, too; everyone posts who they've found isn't the murderer, honestly. We'll be left with, at most, prolly two suspects, we lynch one and the wolves kill one, and we (the villagers) have one less baddie to contend with, and (as more eloquently championed by RendeR) the wolves get rid of a dangerous rival for their victory.

Way I see it, everyone in the game, except for the murderer him (her?) self, is better off lynching the murderer.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:08 PM   #495
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I've got to get to bed soon, and I want to get the ball rolling on voting for possible murderers. Gonna take a few minutes and justify to myself which one seems most likely. I do not think another no lynch is in our best interest at this point, we do have some more info to go on.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #496
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
There is risk to room revealing, yes. How much risk is for each individual to work out for their own. I for one don't agree with you, beause I would hope that people would have enough sense to realize that if they are a likely wolf target, they won't place themselves in uncleared rooms.

Frankly the best people to send to those rooms are UTR types who are unlikely to be pinging the wolves' radar right now. And we can't name those UTR types by name, of course. They will have to make that call themselves.

As I think about it more, I'm not as worried about uncleared rooms and keeping that info quiet. I might argue that for a nameless socialite, one of the best services they could provide to us is to risk an uncleared room so that we may more quickly narrow down the murderer.

This has me mulling over the idea of revealing my room.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #497
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Way I see it, everyone in the game, except for the murderer him (her?) self, is better off lynching the murderer.

If we lynch the murderer, don't we extend the game for the wolves? I'd think that someone solving the case is the best way to end the game. It's an individual rather than a group victory, but it is definitely not a wolf win.

Again, I'm just thinking things over. I didn't pay strict attention to the day 1 clarifications. Though I will say I think I learned much more this day 1 than in most.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #498
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

the problem with this strategy is that the cleared and uncleared rooms are in close proximity. one could hide in a cleared room, but that is probably next to an uncleared room. Shoot, it may be thier strategy to stay in a cleared area near several uncleared areas. Not sure how this would work cuz dont remember off the top of my head where the cleared rooms are. So staying in a cleared room is not that much of a better situation if they are looking for one of us.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #499
path12
Coordinator

Does a secret passageway count as an adjacent room?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 PM   #500
path12
Coordinator

To follow up on what ntn said, it also struck me that every single WW game we risk getting killed at night unless we luck out and get a BG block.

Here we have the opportunity that the wolf has to know where we're gonna be PLUS the chance that Mustard is protecting us, so we're actually safer than usual as long as the wolves don't know where we're at.

With that in mind, I'll go ahead and tell you that the murder was not committed in the Den.