Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Teeth you miss

A parody thread inspired by real life.

I got my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. Nothing like hearing a saw or drill or something (had my eyes closed, didn't want to loo) and that high-pitched grinding noise coming from it for the dentist to get one of them out. Also, the just totally bizarre feeling of complete numbness afterwards that I couldn't figure out where my bottom lip and tongue were so I couldn't tell how to move them in order to drink a simple cup of water afterwards.

Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I don't miss my wisdom teeth. They were so impacted they did nothing for me. I do miss the hot busty nurse leaning over me to suction the bloody mess inside my mouth.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
tarcone
Coordinator

I had one of my top canine teeth pulled when I was a kid. I believe thats what one of your fang teeth are called.
Now if I turn into a vampire Im going to have a hard time.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I miss Dr Teeth.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
cuervo72
Head Coach

I had my wisdom teeth out earlier in my 30s, for no real reason that I understood as they weren't impacted and weren't causing me any discomfort (well, the cynic in me says that $$ could have been a reason...). It still feels weird to have space between my back teeth and my jaw.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I had my wisdom teeth out earlier in my 30s, for no real reason that I understood as they weren't impacted and weren't causing me any discomfort (well, the cynic in me says that $$ could have been a reason...). It still feels weird to have space between my back teeth and my jaw.

I only had one slightly impacted tooth, but the gums were starting to get occasional infections including one real bad one a few weeks ago that kicked this whole extraction business off. I'd been told for years they needed to come out anyway. Just kept putting it off for various reasons, mostly having to do with "OMG! That looks like it'll hurt! Don't use that in my mouth!"

Like I said, I kept my eyes closed most of the time. I didn't want to know. Still didn't shield me from noises like that tool that made the grinding sound or the occasional cracking noise as another tooth was wrenched from it's comfortable spot in my head. Silly me, I thought I was supposed to be senseless enough not to remember or care. I guess that only works if you go all the way under general. Laughing gas doesn't do the trick for me, I guess.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
I only had one slightly impacted tooth, but the gums were starting to get occasional infections including one real bad one a few weeks ago that kicked this whole extraction business off. I'd been told for years they needed to come out anyway. Just kept putting it off for various reasons, mostly having to do with "OMG! That looks like it'll hurt! Don't use that in my mouth!"

Like I said, I kept my eyes closed most of the time. I didn't want to know. Still didn't shield me from noises like that tool that made the grinding sound or the occasional cracking noise as another tooth was wrenched from it's comfortable spot in my head. Silly me, I thought I was supposed to be senseless enough not to remember or care. I guess that only works if you go all the way under general. Laughing gas doesn't do the trick for me, I guess.

Similar thing happened to me a couple months ago with the pain. They used local anesthetic, but basically pried it out, no saw, drill or anything like that required. It literally took him like a minute and a half to get it out of my jaw. I was floored at how quick it was.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
cuervo72
Head Coach

I was out completely. I've been awake for skin grafts before though. I haven't had any gum infections I don't think but with my general gum history that's probably why they decided to take them out I guess.