Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, I'm about to download exports now.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #52
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Today's sim goes to the start of the pre-season, for the uninitiated.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #53
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Packing and uploading the file now.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up. Dated January 27, 1966.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #55
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Well Brooklyn is now done with it's most productive offseason todate by signing all three of its targets and making 3B Ramon Lopez the 2nd highest paid player in the league. Making it so just two players make $32,750,000 or ~56.5% of their teams payroll. It will be interesting to see the Brownstones performance in the brand new Cowpie Field.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #56
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Well Brooklyn is now done with it's most productive offseason todate by signing all three of its targets and making 3B Ramon Lopez the 2nd highest paid player in the league. Making it so just two players make $32,750,000 or ~56.5% of their teams payroll. It will be interesting to see the Brownstones performance in the brand new Cowpie Field.

No question. You all have REALLY changed the complexion of your ballclub. Ought to be interesting to see how it all pans out.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #57
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I just don't get it. Alejandro Corona spurned my $8 M offer to sign with Hartford for...an MLC.

That's F'd up. Really wish I knew what the hell is going on with the game when BS like that happens.

I swear it seems I can't give away my money in order to use the CRE.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #58
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I swear it seems I can't give away my money in order to use the CRE.

That is how I felt, I am just glad it was a deep class and I was able to sign many talented rookies to MLC's and will not be hurt by not using my CRE for a second straight year.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well, I have no idea what to think of St. Petersburg. Or Seattle. Or any of the other teams in the RL. In the CL, it seems that it ought to be like in the early years when the race came down to the last few weeks of the season. Other than AWOL Chicago and Baltimore, it seems most every team has improved their situation compared to last year.

Though even Chicago has such a low payroll that anytime they show up and decide to get in the swing of things, they'll be able to outspend any of us. Seems like a smart position to wait 5 years, play opossum and see what you can yield after all of the juggernauts are saddled with the weight of big contracts.

It's the first year where I didn't head into the season expecting to be competitive. I have no idea what to expect from this team. We have clogged talent at the wrong positions, guys playing out of position because I'm THAT desperate to have them in the lineup and a pitching staff that primarily cobbled together from whatever St. Louis had in Triple-A, plus a few parts from the former juggernaut's purse.

I think so goes the pitching, so goes the ballclub. The offense should be able to take care of itself, but...if the pitching staff gets rocked early and often, it'll be a long year in the tropics.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #60
muns
Pro Starter

and this brings up another thing i forgot to bring up earlier.... I could swear somewhere in one of these threads it was said that if we offer a rooke like 1 mil to sign with us it was like a bouns cause the next year it would go to a MLC...... Then it was said that it wasnt true and that it would stay 1 mil. Well i signed 2 pitchers for 190,000 like 2 years ago, and they are now sitting on MLC'S...... So im not sure whats going on
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #61
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
and this brings up another thing i forgot to bring up earlier.... I could swear somewhere in one of these threads it was said that if we offer a rooke like 1 mil to sign with us it was like a bouns cause the next year it would go to a MLC...... Then it was said that it wasnt true and that it would stay 1 mil. Well i signed 2 pitchers for 190,000 like 2 years ago, and they are now sitting on MLC'S...... So im not sure whats going on

Well, because it doesn't work as I intended it to -- I assumed OOTP would work more egalitarian -- but there is no real rhyme or reason for the way rookie deals are done in-game, because it assumes you should do a draft.

So we'll need a more equal way of distributing those "precious" talents coming out, without slowing things down.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 PM   #62
muns
Pro Starter

Ya i knew it wasnt working the way it was supposed to, i just find it really odd that it picks and chooses who to give mlc's to after they get signed to a big league deal
Old 07-09-2008, 11:29 PM   #63
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Ya i knew it wasnt working the way it was supposed to, i just find it really odd that it picks and chooses who to give mlc's to after they get signed to a big league deal

I dunno if that's really happening tho. Do we have any proof that kids who have been signed to those 1-year deals are getting real contracts after? I don't think that it's happening besides that one example. I think we need to watch more closely, I guess.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #64
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I dunno if that's really happening tho. Do we have any proof that kids who have been signed to those 1-year deals are getting real contracts after? I don't think that it's happening besides that one example. I think we need to watch more closely, I guess.

Good point DC. I just figured if it happened once than it was wide spread until I took a look at my guys and saw they were in fact MLC'S now.

How about eveyone take a look at your young guns that you signed big league deals to and post if they are at a MLC now or not. I Figure you know your own teams and it would be easier than just having someone go in a take a look at the entire history.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #65
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good point DC. I just figured if it happened once than it was wide spread until I took a look at my guys and saw they were in fact MLC'S now.

How about eveyone take a look at your young guns that you signed big league deals to and post if they are at a MLC now or not. I Figure you know your own teams and it would be easier than just having someone go in a take a look at the entire history.

I don't know for sure, but I know that few of my minor leagues on major league contracts were signed before this past offseason. I think most of the older ones are on MLCs.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #66
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

What an offseason! Teams are swapping players, contracts are getting inked for some of the biggest names in the game. Can't wait for spring training tonight! Should be great to see what the new look ballclubs look like.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #67
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

TEAM PAYROLL AS OF JANUARY 27, 1966
-------
Code:
SALARY CAP: $65 MILLION Rank Team Payroll 1 Hartford Harpooners $63,015,000 2 Charleston Chew $61,765,000 3 Seattle Supersonics $61,400,000 4 New York Highlanders $58,255,000 5 Brooklyn Brownstones $58,060,000 6 St. Petersburg Pelicans $56,595,000 7 Colorado Rancheros $56,309,000 8 Ann Arbor Wolverines $53,515,000 9 Boston Settlers $50,590,000 10 Rio Grande Roadrunners $50,145,000 11 Texas Copperheads $47,690,000 12 Valdosta Peanuts $46,560,000 13 El Paso Alligators $42,340,000 14 Chicago Comets $38,730,000 15 Baltimore Gothams $37,865,000 16 LBI Atlantics $25,655,000

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-10-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #68
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am highly confused as to what happened to my team, things just look odd to me. I am not saying anything 'wrong' happened, just that I must have overlooked things going on or something. I only have 4 SPs in the majors, I swear there should be some other guys in the minors I am not seeing (though I can't remember their name).

Oh well, I will adjust and probably have a bad season because my starting pitching is not looking hot now. Crazy, hectic couple of days with work for me, I plan on paying more attention to what I am doing next week.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #69
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, I really messed up somewhere. My backup at 1B is gone, I have almost no catchers in the minors. I am going to have some tough times I think.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #70
Tellistto
College Prospect

Look at your transaction logs to find out where players went. If players come and go it's in that log, just read it and find out.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #71
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh rats, I guess we don't have it turned on to record career fielding stats.. Do you save those anyplace DC? Trying to see some things from last year
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #72
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Ahh rats, I guess we don't have it turned on to record career fielding stats.. Do you save those anyplace DC? Trying to see some things from last year

Oh nevermind, I found them..
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #73
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

FOOL stats are on "very high detail" in the majors. So you can find any stat imaginable on a major leaguer in-game, I'd think.