Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2016, 10:15 PM   #3451
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Last round to Anderson.

How on earth did two judges score that 30-27 for Anderson?

Last edited by EagleFan : 03-05-2016 at 10:17 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:16 PM   #3452
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

So much for my hope that the judges may not become an issue.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:03 PM   #3454
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A lot of feeling out in that first round. Probably give the round to Holm.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:09 PM   #3455
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, maybe a 10-8 round for Tate in the second. Holm looked like she was done but did a nice job of surviving.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:15 PM   #3456
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Third round close. I would give 1st and 3rd to Holm; you have to beat the champion to be the champion. I would give the 2nd round 10-8 to Tate. Makes it 28-28 on my card.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:21 PM   #3457
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I would give the 4th round to Holm. 38-37 Holm so far (but the 1st and 3rd are the questionable ones, who knows how the judges would have scored it).
Old 03-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #3458
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, right when it looked like Holm was going to take that round.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #3459
digamma
Torchbearer

Night night.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #3460
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

She tried too hard to stand back up and gave up her neck in the process.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #3461
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Wow, right when it looked like Holm was going to take that round.

I think it would have been pretty difficult to give Holm a decision. She was never really hurt and was the aggressor for a lot of the fight.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:29 PM   #3463
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I think it would have been pretty difficult to give Holm a decision. She was never really hurt and was the aggressor for a lot of the fight.

Not really. Even Tate thought she was losing.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:31 PM   #3464
spleen1015
Coordinator

Woohoo! Someone who lost to the champ twice beats the person who beat the champ just so that she can lose for a 3rd time!
Old 03-05-2016, 11:33 PM   #3465
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I don't mind Tate winning except for the inevitable Tate/Rousey 3.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:34 PM   #3466
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I never watch UFC, but somebody was tweeting about it so I tuned in via the interwebs in time to see her finish that thing off.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:34 PM   #3467
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Jones/Cormier could be interesting but I have a feeling the hype is going to overshadow the fight.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #3468
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

That Hardcore Henry movie looks like it is going to suck big time.. and suck while making a large portion of the audience nauseous from the camera.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:40 PM   #3469
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Would love to see McGregor destroy him in the first round. (hard sentence to type as I am not a fan of McGregor)
Old 03-06-2016, 12:01 AM   #3471
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, just when it was looking like McGregor was starting to land some shots.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:04 AM   #3472
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Maybe that's what I need to do for McGregor to lose, actually want him to win.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:05 AM   #3473
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I guess this means another Tate/Rousey fight.

Nah, I think you'll see Rousey/Holm again for the next shot, although, you'd have to think that Rhonda has earned the chance outright if they don't.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:08 AM   #3474
PilotMan
Head Coach

So I was wrong on the ME.

I was still happy with it. I hate Nate and Nick both, but I respect the shit out of their cage game. It looked like from the start that Nate meant business in a way that I hadn't seen in him for a while. There was no talking, no clowning, he looked all business. That meant trouble for Conor.

The size difference really did play into it. Diaz is just so damn long, and his strikes are so clean. Dos Anjos will still clean up whoever he fights next. He is the guy they should be pushing for his cage work. He is a fucking animal. I guess we'll see what's next when he comes back healthy.

Good fight all around.

Like Steam?

Old 03-06-2016, 12:17 AM   #3475
djsatu
High School Varsity

Wow good for Diaz. Conor is an arrogant ****, and im glad he lost!
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:19 AM   #3476
Galaril
Pro Starter

No chance a Holms vs Rousey fight. Will be Tate-Rousey.
As for the Mcgregor fight he lost that fight all on his own. He was in complete control till he took a shot and then thought he could put his hands down and go toe to against a 170lb. Taking the punk to the mat was stupid. He was lucky it wasn't for a belt.

Last edited by Galaril : 03-06-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:53 AM   #3477
molson
General Manager

So fun to see Tate and Diaz overcome the odds.

There's been a handful of really spectacular UFC shows the last year or so. It's really the only sport I'm closely following right now.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:25 AM   #3478
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So I was wrong on the ME.

I was still happy with it. I hate Nate and Nick both, but I respect the shit out of their cage game. It looked like from the start that Nate meant business in a way that I hadn't seen in him for a while. There was no talking, no clowning, he looked all business. That meant trouble for Conor.

You and me both

Diaz presents big problems for guys he has a size advantage on for sure and it was arrogant of McGregor to fight with his hands at his side ala Silva. Nate is not a big puncher, but when you give a good boxer an unobstructed path to your chin by fighting that way, they don't have to hit hard to hurt you.

Taking Diaz to the mat was sheer desperation because he was hurt and it was over right then. Really this fight was the best thing that could have happened to McGregor. I am not a fan of either of these guys antics, but I like them both and respect the fact that they are real and what you see is what you get. Unlike guys like Jon Jones with his fake ass public persona. It was definitely an entertaining fight.

Holm / Tate was also entertaining as hell for me for the technical aspect of it. Both women knew what they had to do to win and Holm was executing her plan flawlessly outside of round 2 until Tate finally got her at the end. Ideally in that situation you should turn into your opponents guard, but Holly is really still a novice in that part of her game and instead of reacting and doing that, she tried to get to the fence and that sealed her fate. Props to both ladies though for a solid strategic battle and to Tate for staying the course.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #3479
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

She would have won if she hadn't been submitted. Tate was the aggressor but Holm had the more effective cage control.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:46 AM   #3480
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
She would have won if she hadn't been submitted. Tate was the aggressor but Holm had the more effective cage control.

This. The very worst would have been a draw. I have 2 to Tate 10-8. She wins round five, it's a draw. Otherwise the rest was all Holm.

Like Steam?

Old 03-06-2016, 06:52 AM   #3481
PilotMan
Head Coach

I fully expected Conor to use more inside/outside and vary his angles more. He had a very hard time getting in on Nate early. All it took was Diaz to finally find range. That's when he let Conor in closer and the started to go toe too toe more. Conor decided to stand rather than employ the hit and run that he should have.

Like Steam?

Old 03-06-2016, 07:53 AM   #3482
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I fully expected Conor to use more inside/outside and vary his angles more. He had a very hard time getting in on Nate early. All it took was Diaz to finally find range. That's when he let Conor in closer and the started to go toe too toe more. Conor decided to stand rather than employ the hit and run that he should have.

I agree, I even mentioned how awkward McGregor looked early trying to get inside Diaz's reach. He had his chin real high too, which obviously isn't good the way he carries his hands. I thought his angles were good in the first, but in the second he was pretty much stationary and Diaz had him dialed in.

That lack of boxing 'protocol' hurt Tate as well I thought. When you fight a southpaw you stay outside their right leg and circle away from the left hand and she did pretty much the opposite most of the fight.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #3483
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Weird Bellator show tonight. The Shamrock/Gracie UFC 1 rematch, and Kimbo Slice v. "DADA 3000" (?). Kurt Angle is there again and I'm terrified he's going to challenge the winner of one of these fights in some scripted in-cage segment. There's a lot of speculation that the Kimbo fight could be fixed because there was a ton of late betting money going on DADA 3000, pushing the fight to a pick 'em before it was taken off most of the Vegas books. And of course, there's lots of people who believe that every Shamrock fight is fixed. So this could end up being closer to pro wrestling. And yet, (or probably because of that), I'm intrigued.

So, after that embarrassing spectacle, now we find out that both Shamrock and Kimbo Slice failed drug tests.

They didn't specify what drug they found. I'm guessing Sominex.

Last edited by Solecismic : 03-11-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #3484
molson
General Manager

That means this guy is still undefeated.

That was Bellator's highest rated show ever, and apparently UFC 196 did 1.6 million buys, which would be it's most successful PPV

Last edited by molson : 03-11-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:01 AM   #3485
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
So, after that embarrassing spectacle, now we find out that both Shamrock and Kimbo Slice failed drug tests.

They didn't specify what drug they found. I'm guessing Sominex.

And just in case people didn't think Shamrock was joke beforehand, this puts his rant at Royce 'always being a cheater' in an even worse light.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #3486
molson
General Manager

Dan Severn v. Tank Abbott will sadly not be taking place this weekend. Abbott failed his medical tests and they couldn't find another opponent for Severn.

It looks like a McGregor/Diaz rematch for UFC 200. Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne and Gegard Mousasi vs. Derek Brunson are also being reported for that show. I'm guessing Robbie Lawler still ends up there too, because otherwise that's just a pretty ordinary show (as ordinary as a McGregor show can be).

Seems like a terrible idea for McGregor. He'll draw against anyone, but he'll probably be the underdog here against Diaz, who will have a full camp this time. Where does McGregor go after losing twice in a row against Diaz?

Last edited by molson : 03-18-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:50 PM   #3487
PilotMan
Head Coach

Feels like a letdown to have McGregor/Diaz II as the Main for UFC 200. I was expecting a huge show with multiple title fights or at least multiple contender fights, and now we get a rematch of a featherweight and a lightweight fighting at welterweight again. Why 170? Why not 150?

Feels like the UFC had a plan and once again life has taken away their ability to really get a kick ass show together.

Like Steam?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:31 PM   #3488
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Dan Severn v. Tank Abbott will sadly not be taking place this weekend. Abbott failed his medical tests and they couldn't find another opponent for Severn.

Please tell me this was not for real...
Old 03-30-2016, 09:59 PM   #3489
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Please tell me this was not for real...

Ha, well, it was signed, it was going to happen, but apparently Tank has a serious health issue that he wouldn't have discovered if he didn't take that fight with late notice.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:02 PM   #3490
molson
General Manager

UFC 200 is not as big as I thought it would be - though it's reported that there will still be a another title fight added - which by default has to be either Lawler, Tate, or Dos Anjos.

But, the upside is that they spread things out and there will be a bunch of huge shows the next few months. 197, 198, and 199 are all loaded if everyone stays healthy and if Jones stays out of prison. And even the B-shows in that stretch have guys like Overeem, McDonald, Barao, Cerrone.

Last edited by molson : 03-31-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:16 PM   #3491
PilotMan
Head Coach

I still think Dana wants to pull off Lawler/GSP.

Like Steam?

Old 04-01-2016, 11:01 PM   #3492
bhlloy
Coordinator

Cormier out of 197. I don't know what they can do about this injury bug but it's getting absolutely ridiculous. I haven't bought a card in at least 2 years and the withdrawals is probably a very large reason why.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #3493
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Conor McGregor tweets 'I have decided to retire young'
Old 04-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #3494
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Failed drug test? Trying to hide it by pulling him? He refuses to be randomly tested and retired?
Old 04-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #3495
molson
General Manager

I have no doubt he'd like to retire young. He'll still be young after UFC 200 when he makes $10+ million.

Last edited by molson : 04-19-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #3496
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Part of me think he's gone full CM Punk and was playing a game of chicken with Dana for more money. The other part says failed drug test and Dana is taking the hit by saying that the UFC is pulling him off the card.

Of course this is ignoring the part that he felt like he had enough money, the death in the ring or a shot to the head in practice made him think, why the hell am I doing this.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #3497
molson
General Manager

Shit, when I posted I didn't see that they have actually pulled him from UFC 200. I still think it's most likely a money thing and they're calling his bluff, but we'll see
Old 04-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #3498
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Shit, when I posted I didn't see that they have actually pulled him from UFC 200. I still think it's most likely a money thing and they're calling his bluff, but we'll see

Supposedly Diaz is getting another fight and another unnamed fight is being added. I can't see them pulling dos Anjos-Alvarez off UFC Fight Pass if they are looking to get WWE Network big with Fight Pass but it's the obvious choice to add to 200 which is scheduled 2 days later.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:01 AM   #3499
Calis
College Starter

I'm not thinking failed drug test or any sort of drug test. I think this was inevitable at some point.. Connor has blown up so huge and knows it and was just a matter of time before this sort of negotiation tactic happened.

Curious what it was for though, there's definitely more to it than just not wanting to do a couple promos or something.

If GSP was ready to come back for 200 right now he could sign his own check at this point.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #3500
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
If GSP was ready to come back for 200 right now he could sign his own check at this point.

Not sure if Under Armor wants their biggest MMA guy coming to the ring in an Adidas outfit. (Heard this is the problem)