Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
muns
Pro Starter

First Stage FA

I got a whole lot of minor leaguers, nothing special though. What everyone else get?

muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I got a whole lot of minor leaguers, nothing special though. What everyone else get?

You got minor leaguers? I thought we going up to the start of FA? I didn't even put in any bids. I just re-upped the players on my own team that would have been FAs.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

There are a bevy of players available in FA now, because this is officially the first stage of FA. What muns is referring to are the guys who were available after the end of the FOOL Classic. You can always make offers on those guys, as well as your own before the official start of FA.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
Huckleberry
College Starter

Well fiddlesticks. Didn't even think about that. Sorry for the harsh language, of course.

Anyway, I have some questions and didn't want to start a new thread about them. My team was all on automatic contracts except for one guy that had an extension already lined up. So my only concern last night was getting the file loaded and making sure everything worked.

My only issue was that the team logos, pictures, etc. weren't in my file so I had a plain jane look to everything. What am I doing wrong and/or what do I need to do to make that work correctly?

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
muns
Pro Starter

Sorry guys, I thought people knew that, otherwise I would have posted on it. I actually thought it was the first round because there was some decent guys sitting out there. Well guys that I thought were decent cause my team isnt the greatest........
Old 06-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
muns
Pro Starter

ALSO

Just a tip, if you submit an offer dont withdraw it until the guy responds back to you (unless you screwed up the contract bad and dont want to risk his acceptance) You can change the numbers and years of the contract after he responds to you. If you withdrawl it, the guy wont want to talk to you again, and you loose the chance of signing him.... I learned that the hard way.

I dont know if thats on every case, (DC you have more experience with it?) but figured it would be worth a mention.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well you might not get the chance to do that. If you think you offered him a deal that you KNOW you don't wanna pay, then you better withdraw. Because of the accelerated pace of FOOL (we're simming over a month tonight) you might not get a chance to talk to him again and it could mean you end up with a player you don't want or paying him more than you want to.

Conversely, you get one chance to make an offer, so make it your best chance when you offer. It's unlikely you'll get a second chance during the FA stage, because the stages move so fast.

That's my advice.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

Thanks for that DC, what happened to me would just apply to between the first 2 sims with our pace. I didnt even think about that.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Thanks for that DC, what happened to me would just apply to between the first 2 sims with our pace. I didnt even think about that.

Just between the end of the season file going up, the playoffs sim and the sim to FA. So yeah, the first two sims of the season in a normal week. It'll be better next week when everyone gets a season under their belt and can see how we run normally. Then it'll become routine.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #10
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Is 10/23/1963 the correct in-game date?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yup. 10/23/1963.

To load the new file if you haven't already, you go to Game ---> Load Online League File and it'll download the new file automatically for you. No more having to download .zip files or anything.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Yup, did that, was just checking to make sure. Everything looks good, yesterday's export took (even if I just signed 2 minor league guys and was too cheap on a couple of others), and I've exported for tonight's sim.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
My only issue was that the team logos, pictures, etc. weren't in my file so I had a plain jane look to everything. What am I doing wrong and/or what do I need to do to make that work correctly?

Help?

Old 06-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #14
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well fiddlesticks. Didn't even think about that. Sorry for the harsh language, of course.

Anyway, I have some questions and didn't want to start a new thread about them. My team was all on automatic contracts except for one guy that had an extension already lined up. So my only concern last night was getting the file loaded and making sure everything worked.

in my file most of the teams are plain jane. Do you see Long Beach's green LB for their logo?

Last edited by muns : 06-24-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
in my file most of the teams are plain jane. Do you see Long Beach's green LB for their logo?

I see Long Beach Island's and another team I can't recall right now with the game closed.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Strange. I don't know why this might be. You must not have the images loaded for some reason. Weird.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #17
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've uploaded a folder of just images for you. It's in a folder called images.

You extract it to C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\FOOL.lg\news\html

and it'll probably ask you if you wanna copy over the stuff in the images folder already there. If you're not seeing anything, say yes and let it replace it all. Hopefully that'll give you all of the images. Just make sure you're not in the game when you unzip this.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #18
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Should we have anything for jerseys or ballcaps?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Should we have anything for jerseys or ballcaps?

The game doesn't pull them from there, strangely enough. They're just put there presumably to make it easier to find to load them in the game.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #20
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, I picked up a couple of talented MR's and inked my talented catcher and SS for a bit longer.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #21
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Images work for me now, thanks. Not sure if you ever got the PM I sent you of the Roadrunner logo and colors I wanted, but don't worry too much about it right now. I am more concerned about getting into the game and getting into a pattern of things right now.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #22
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Images work for me now, thanks. Not sure if you ever got the PM I sent you of the Roadrunner logo and colors I wanted, but don't worry too much about it right now. I am more concerned about getting into the game and getting into a pattern of things right now.

I got it and I forgot. My bad. I'll get it in there now for the next sim.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #23
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I got it and I forgot. My bad. I'll get it in there now for the next sim.

I meant what I said though, it's not a big deal to me right now as I try to remember how to play OOTP and get into the groove of the league. No rush is needed at all, I wasn't just being passive aggresive.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #24
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's taken forever to upload because a lot of teams sign players who get DFA'd before the month is up for me to sim through. I have to go through and move these DFA'd newly signed FAs to a part of your roster that's free. I do that so you don't lose them, since I presume you wanted them.

I've changed the Single-A roster rules to allow unlimited players at that level, to make this process easier, but I'd suggest making sure you look at your lower level closely to make sure someone isn't missed, because well...you just need to see who you got over the month.

I'm uploading the new league file now dated December 1, 1963.

Tomorrow's file will sim to the start of the pre-season. I'll update the HTML after all of the file stuff is taken care of.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's taken forever to upload because a lot of teams sign players who get DFA'd before the month is up for me to sim through. I have to go through and move these DFA'd newly signed FAs to a part of your roster that's free. I do that so you don't lose them, since I presume you wanted them.

I've changed the Single-A roster rules to allow unlimited players at that level, to make this process easier, but I'd suggest making sure you look at your lower level closely to make sure someone isn't missed, because well...you just need to see who you got over the month.

Tomorrow's file will sim to the start of the pre-season. I'll update the HTML after all of the file stuff is taken care of.

Can you change the DFA time in the options to extend it to prevent that? or is it only waiver time that you can adjust? I don't remember.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #26
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I have to say, that I'm really excited for this season. I think it's going to be massively competitive with all of the teams being steered by a human. File is still processing, I'll update the league file post that's stickied once the file is up.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #27
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Can you change the DFA time in the options to extend it to prevent that? or is it only waiver time that you can adjust? I don't remember.

Good idea. I didn't even think of that. I'll look and see if it goes past 30 days. If we can get it to 60 days, that'd be optimal.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #28
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Good idea. I didn't even think of that. I'll look and see if it goes past 30 days. If we can get it to 60 days, that'd be optimal.

30 days is the max, apparently.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #29
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I am done spending money.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #30
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
All right, I am done spending money.

Ya think, big spender? Welcome to the RL, the playas league.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #31
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ya think, big spender? Welcome to the RL, the playas league.

No joke.. I feel like I keep overspending and then you all make me feel good.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #32
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

For the first time ever, I'm actually nervous about my reign in the RL.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For the first time ever, I'm actually nervous about my reign in the RL.

Nothing to be nervous about with me. I had to buy an entire starting pitching staff, half a relief pitching staff and most of a lineup. So far I've only done 1/2 of only one of those tasks
Old 06-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I finished in second last year with one of the lowest payrolls in the league. I figured if there was an opportunity for me to throw money out there, now's it.

Plus, it helps knowing injuries are turned off.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #35
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Nice start to a rivalry with El Paso, they got the young CF I wanted, Jose Moreno. Damn Jeebs.

I got Jose 'Chunky' Medina though, a young SP I really hope works out because I need starting pitching. Got a tall 6'6" LF with some base running ability (compared to the rest of my roster) that can help my team, Tom Lowe.

Maybe I can trade a OF for a SP now....maybe, anyone?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:37 PM   #36
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I finished in second last year with one of the lowest payrolls in the league. I figured if there was an opportunity for me to throw money out there, now's it.

Plus, it helps knowing injuries are turned off.

Yeah, your team is dangerous. You, me and Valdosta are gonna gut it out. Valdosta was tough when they were in Gary, giving me fits the past two years. So reloading on both your ends are gonna make things really interesting this year.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #37
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Nice start to a rivalry with El Paso, they got the young CF I wanted, Jose Moreno. Damn Jeebs.

God...it's been WAY too long since I've played OOTP. I thought that I had lost out on all my offers since I didn't see any e-mails announcing a signing for El Paso...though now that I look closer, there it is.

God, I'm going to be in last place for the first 15 years or so, I can already tell...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #38
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
God...it's been WAY too long since I've played OOTP. I thought that I had lost out on all my offers since I didn't see any e-mails announcing a signing for El Paso...though now that I look closer, there it is.

God, I'm going to be in last place for the first 15 years or so, I can already tell...

Ill be right there with you with my team. I didnt add anyone really besides minor league guys, as I was way too cheap with my offers. Now that I have seen what happens ill be alright next off seaon. Chalking it up to the learning curve.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:56 PM   #39
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sorry DC, I know I was one of they guys that went bonkers with minors cause I really didnt have much of a farm system. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I think i went from awful to average thanks to you.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:59 PM   #40
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Sorry DC, I know I was one of they guys that went bonkers with minors cause I really didnt have much of a farm system. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I think i went from awful to average thanks to you.

No problem at all. We're all working the kinks out, because we went from a league of 4-5 human owners to a full slate of them. So we'll be adapting as we go. Makes it more fun that way anyway.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #41
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
I've uploaded a folder of just images for you. It's in a folder called images.

You extract it to C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\FOOL.lg\news\html

and it'll probably ask you if you wanna copy over the stuff in the images folder already there. If you're not seeing anything, say yes and let it replace it all. Hopefully that'll give you all of the images. Just make sure you're not in the game when you unzip this.

Not sure what happened originally, but this fixed it. Thank you, sir.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #42
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Damn that was an expensive 1B but well worth it...

my SP sucks, my middle rotation is amazing and I have a couple of decent closers....here's to hoping my MR's see a lot of action!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #43
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Brought in a studly catcher to add some oomph to the batting lineup, and a couple of minors candidates, and that's about it.

Oh, and if I have to read a pair of e-mails one more time where the first is "Great offer, I'd love to play for you!" followed up immediately by "Are you insane? I can't feed my family on that!", I'm going to have to start hunting some of you down...
Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #44
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Damn that was an expensive 1B but well worth it...

my SP sucks, my middle rotation is amazing and I have a couple of decent closers....here's to hoping my MR's see a lot of action!

Ya i was stupid and my loss your gain, as i forgot to re up my guys luckily he was the only major loss and i didnt die from that mistake. Jones should be a major producer for you full time as it looks like he sat a tad bit more last year than previous years due to a log jam at that position. Im actually looking forward to seeing how he does for you.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #45
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I wonder how my Closer will do in Valdosta. Nice steal.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #46
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wonder how my Closer will do in Valdosta. Nice steal.

Hope he brought short sleeves.. it gets hot in the summer!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #47
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Somehow I have put together an entire pitching rotation of players with nicknames.. Whether or not they can pitch or not is a different story..

Seems like my starting rotation this year will be:

Nasty, Dash, Thrifty, Honker, and Ratchet
Old 06-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #48
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well I added another starting pitcher and shored up my middle relief. I think I've got a decent pitching staff now, and a reasonable top of the batting order. Plus we got some prospects into the farm system that may help in a few seasons. The bottom of the batting order, and some of my fielding positions, remain weak though. We'll see if we can round out this roster next season. I think we have a shot to avoid bottom feeder at least.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #49
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I enjoy being told in a laughing fashion to F-Off.....LOL...its funny.