Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Terriers wooed by west coast fatcats, consider move.

ST. LOUIS -- With the resounding success of the Front Office Offseason League, cities around the country are starting to take notice. The two-time defending FOOL Classic Champions are preparing for their 5th Straight FOOL Classic and third straight title next week. But people around the city can't stop talking about the possibility that the team might be sold and moved.

Last season, ownership tried to sell the club unsuccessfully, citing a desire to take on "other" pursuits. After the sale fell through, ownership continued to run the team, leading to another successful campaign in 1965.

But now, there are more whispers than ever, that the team might be headed for greener pastures out west.

Among those interested in the team are rumored to be Los Angeles and Seattle. Ownership has grown irate at the size of Union Pacific Park and are looking for a larger ballpark that can accommodate more fans.

No news has been reported about a possible sale, but fans in the city are getting squeamish at the thought of losing their beloved Terriers. "This is our team," said one fan.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Ship them off! Along with the players to every team in the league.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Terriers were folded, along with St. George, who decided to leave the league. Two expansion teams were created in their stead, both will remain in the RL. The St. Petersburg Pelicans will be run by me and the Seattle Supersonics will be an AI team until we can get someone to run them.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The Terriers were folded, along with St. George, who decided to leave the league. Two expansion teams were created in their stead, both will remain in the RL. The St. Petersburg Pelicans will be run by me and the Seattle Supersonics will be an AI team until we can get someone to run them.

So breeze was the owner who left? I thought he was running St. Louis for you before and figured he would get his choice of one of the new expansion teams, while whoever ran St. George is the one who left? Did I get that wrong?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So breeze was the owner who left? I thought he was running St. Louis for you before and figured he would get his choice of one of the new expansion teams, while whoever ran St. George is the one who left? Did I get that wrong?

Breeze never got back to me, probably got busy with life, after he agreed to take over the St. Louis team, that's why I ran them this year. St. George was MacroGuru, he just said OOTP wasn't really engrossing him enough to continue via PM today.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-07-2008 at 12:14 AM.