Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Market Sizes & Fan Loyalty

I never paid much attention to them before. But given that people are starting to worry about attendance and such alike...I'm wondering if we ought to start taking a look at market sizes and fan loyalty, etc. I don't want it to be needlessly complicated or lots more work for me, either. But I'd like everyone to say, be operating in the same market size and maybe have fan loyalty/interest tied to performance?

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-09-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, my fan loyalty tanked completely this offseason, so it seems pretty tied to performance now.

(as in I was around 60 last season, and high 30s right now)
Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That's me. I was playing around with it. I just didn't mention it, because I wasn't "done" yet. I tentatively went in and made everyone have the same market size (average) and then changed the fan loyalty tied to the way the team performed in really standard ways. The league champion was given a 100. The rest were given 75, 50 or 25. A few were in-between for other reasons.

But it's rough and there isn't a formula to it, yet. I just want it to be stable and that way, attendance and such will move up/down and be reflected more accurately, because it didn't start that way for us.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am fine with where mine is at right now. I was 3rd for two years running then dropped to 5th. Seems reasonable to me where you have mine now.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

You do have to be careful, though: part of the reason mine was up was signing some very popular players.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
You do have to be careful, though: part of the reason mine was up was signing some very popular players.

I'm going to change it again. I want to figure out a "formula" that we can all stick with, you know? Because that way, it's not unpredictable and everyone knows precisely what the deal is with it going up/down annually.

I might have to blow the dust off my market size/financial calculator and apply it to this game. I just wanted to avoid having to do that. For a quick sim league, I sure do spend a lot time with it.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-09-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm working on a FOOL version of MarketCalc. It'll be simpler than the real one, to save me trouble and time. But it'll give us baseline numbers and then we'll
let the game do whatever it wants to them after that and change them every five years.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I started messing with MarketCalc and decided that it was just too much complication to add to a league like this. I just don't wanna do that. So instead, I've decided to do it this way.

I'll max out everyone's market size, fan interest and fan loyalty with this season. Based on performance and such, it'll ebb and flow as it does in the game. So then, we won't have to mess with it or constantly tweak it anymore. A lot of you were penalized in that department for AI moves made before you took over, etc., so...this should rectify that.