Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2015, 05:44 PM   #951
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
The other possibility is font/timmae/grover/MrBug as wolf/cultist.

I think given Font's repeated attempts to shoot me, without any village guidance at all, make this the strongest case. After all the ways we've been screwed so far by Hunters, I can't see how anyone can look at her as a villager at this point with her still pushing this path.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:44 PM   #952
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

"Wait a sec...", Fontisian says, as everyone gathers in front of The Jackal. "I can figure this out."

She stands there, visibly pondering as the village looks on.

"If Shoveler can figure this out, I can," she said. "He was certain about timmae, and timmae was on my list, too. But I am twice as sure about this one! So I must be right!"

Without further warning, she snaps her rifle up to her shoulder and turns to point it at Autumn. There is a look fo shock on Autumn's face.

"What are you doing?" he asks, incredulously.

"You're a wolf," Fontisian says, creepily calm and assured. The rifle barrel doesn't quiver even a little. "I know it."

"But I am not!" he says, backing up. His hands are up, as if to shield the inevitable bullet.

"You are," she says as she comes to a stop before him. She settles and seems to be aiming her gun.

With a yipe, Autumn breaks into a run for the swamp. Many other Hunters raise their rifles at the move, and some Dukes make to grab him. But Fontisian has the bead on him.

There is a loud of report as her muzzle flashes. The fleeing form of Autumn crumples to the ground face first as he is struck in the back. The village runs up to him, ready for yet another sight of blood spurting out of a villager corpse.

Autumn lies unmoving on the ground, as the closest villager reaches him. He searches for the bullet hole... but there is no blood! Autumn groans, "Owww..." and reaches gingerly for his back as he turns on his side.

"What on Earth did you hit me with, woman?" he spits out irritably between grunts of pain.

Another villager picks ups what appears to be a scrunched up rock.

"You were shot by this!" he says to Autumn. He turned to fontisian. "It's a blank!"

"Blanks? You shot me with a blank?" said Autumn, staring up at his would-be-murderer.

Fontisian seemed as shocked as everyone else, but only for a moment. After a visible recovery, she put on a haughty look and said, "Of course! I wanted to see what everyone would do! Now I know who the real oil profiteers are! And you're not in the clear, either, Mister! Next time, I'll be using my hollow points!"

With that, she harrumphed and sternly strode away.

FONTISIAN is a Hunter and the Blank! She has shot at AUTUMN, and now no other Hunter shots may be taken today!

AUTUMN is still alive and fully capable of taking any actions available to him.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #953
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I sure hope you are bluffing, as another villager shooting could cost us the game.
I am not, and it can't.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #954
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I mean, it's extremely likely that either Narcizo or Autumn is scum. I've already shot Autumn (as he's the harder lynch and his flip condemns EF), so hopefully that will hit as soon as Chief is done processing.

Autumn is not on my radar, so if you do shoot Autumn and he comes up village, I will assume you/Grover/Bug are wolves and likely vote for you today.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #955
Grover
Pro Starter

We sure dodged a bullet there!

*rim shot*

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #956
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Why?

By my reads, I was looking at both of them early on, as we play together a lot and I think I have a good handle on them. Narc i was worried about early, but I think he is clearly village at this point by the way he's been playing. No doubt in my mind there. Britrock granted is more of a hunch, he's a harder wolf for me to crack, but I haven't seen anything in his game or posts so far to make me think he's not village.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #957
Grover
Pro Starter

vote fontisian

Old 04-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #958
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Autumn is not on my radar, so if you do shoot Autumn and he comes up village, I will assume you/Grover/Bug are wolves and likely vote for you today.
Your radar is bad. Grover and Bug are town.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #959
Autumn
Head Coach

omg
Old 04-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #960
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
By my reads, I was looking at both of them early on, as we play together a lot and I think I have a good handle on them. Narc i was worried about early, but I think he is clearly village at this point by the way he's been playing. No doubt in my mind there. Britrock granted is more of a hunch, he's a harder wolf for me to crack, but I haven't seen anything in his game or posts so far to make me think he's not village.
You think there were no scum on the Zinto lynch? Right.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #961
Autumn
Head Coach

That was ridiculous. Can I get some traction on my Font vote now? In what world, whatever you think of me, is it wise for a villager to take a potshot at this point in the game? If Font was actually good, she just took a risk at killing two villagers at a point when it could come close to ending the game. No way a villager Font makes that move.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #962
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Zinto (7)-- Narcizo (108), The Jackal (283), Vaimes (312), JAG (316), fontisian (321), Grover (326), Autumn (343)
The Jackal (5)-- Raven (106), timmae (154), britrock88 (317), Shoveler (327), MartinD (358)
Vaimes (1)-- cheekimonk (293)
timmae (1)-- EagleFan (82)
fontisian (1)-- MrBug708 (178)

Do I think no wolves were on Zinto? no, I think probably you and and possibly Grover were.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #963
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
That was ridiculous. Can I get some traction on my Font vote now? In what world, whatever you think of me, is it wise for a villager to take a potshot at this point in the game? If Font was actually good, she just took a risk at killing two villagers at a point when it could come close to ending the game. No way a villager Font makes that move.

Agreed. Not to mention she openly stated after the results that the Seer needs to claim. The Seer has absolutely zero reason to claim right now.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:54 PM   #964
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
No. I took a shot a killing you, one of two unconfirmed people on the Zinto lynch. Best case scenario, you're scum and EF is outed as well, especially after he tried to bait me into shooting him over you. Second worse case, you're town and a Duke, and I have to defend myself, which is fine because I can't imagine a world where the seer hasn't checked me yet and the cunning is dead.

The worst case scenario is that britrock is the seer and has a towncheck on you, but even in that case, we're still in auto-win from his clears and the vote analysis.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:54 PM   #965
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Agreed. Not to mention she openly stated after the results that the Seer needs to claim. The Seer has absolutely zero reason to claim right now.
It is Day 4. Every Day we wait increases the odds of the seer dying and giving us nothing. It's time for a claim.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #966
Autumn
Head Coach

I assume it is 7-2-1 right now, with the Cultist as the 1. If Font was a villager, and if I was a Hunter, her shot could have made it 5-2-1 before the lynch even happens, with a brutal still out there and a possible convert. I can't imagine a villager takes that shot.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #967
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
omg
You understand that I had the kill order in last Night, and EF just beat me to it, right?
Old 04-23-2015, 05:56 PM   #968
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
No. I took a shot a killing you, one of two unconfirmed people on the Zinto lynch. Best case scenario, you're scum and EF is outed as well, especially after he tried to bait me into shooting him over you. Second worse case, you're town and a Duke, and I have to defend myself, which is fine because I can't imagine a world where the seer hasn't checked me yet and the cunning is dead.

The worst case scenario is that britrock is the seer and has a towncheck on you, but even in that case, we're still in auto-win from his clears and the vote analysis.

I honestly don't think any of this makes any sense. Britrock? How did he get dragged into this?
Old 04-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #969
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
I assume it is 7-2-1 right now, with the Cultist as the 1. If Font was a villager, and if I was a Hunter, her shot could have made it 5-2-1 before the lynch even happens, with a brutal still out there and a possible convert. I can't imagine a villager takes that shot.
You are one of two possible wolves on the Zinto lynch and you did not claim yesterDay when I said was going to shoot you. Add in that I'm town, Shoveler's town, Raven, Grover and MrBug708 are probably town, the seer can claim and clear themselves and others, and the bodyguard, if necessary, can claim and clear themselves, and we're going to win this. There was no reason not to shoot.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #970
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
I honestly don't think any of this makes any sense. Britrock? How did he get dragged into this?
He hinted at being the seer with a green check on you yesterDay. Did you miss that?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #971
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Cripes.

unvote Narc
vote fontisian
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #972
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
He hinted at being the seer with a green check on you yesterDay. Did you miss that?

Guess so.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:16 PM   #973
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:

Then why the hell did you shoot him??
Old 04-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #974
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

She means brit hinted at himself being seer, I think

Old 04-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #975
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Because it was a really weak hint, I had decent confirmation that Autumn was not a power role after yesterDay, and in the event that britrock is town and has checks, the game is basically solved.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #976
Raven
College Prospect

So Brit hinted he was the seer and cleared Autumn, so you shot Autumn to see if Brit was lying? How does that make sense?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #977
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

OOG: Autumn, I apologize for referring to you as female. Don't know why it took me so long to pick up that you're a guy.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #978
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
OOG: Autumn, I apologize for referring to you as female. Don't know why it took me so long to pick up that you're a guy.

You had a 0.9% chance of being correct.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #979
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
So Brit hinted he was the seer and cleared Autumn, so you shot Autumn to see if Brit was lying? How does that make sense?

No? I just thought it was very unlikely to be an actual thing, and even if it was, we're in a place where I can afford to kill Autumn.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #980
fontisian
College Prospect

Especially because the odds of the seer checking Autumn and not checking me by Day 3 was pretty damn unlikely.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #981
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
You had a 0.9% chance of being correct.

#Cheekicorp
Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #982
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Because it was a really weak hint, I had decent confirmation that Autumn was not a power role after yesterDay, and in the event that britrock is town and has checks, the game is basically solved.

Let's say your theory is right, and you kill one of those checks. What if Brit checked some other players who are also dead, or someone like Shoveler who is already cleared? Just doesn't make any sense. What if he had to reveal in order to stop you from shooting? A villager would not be pushing for any of this.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #983
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post

No prob!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #984
MrBug708
Head Coach

TBH, for I thought that one time about Autumn too
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #985
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Especially because the odds of the seer checking Autumn and not checking me by Day 3 was pretty damn unlikely.

I'm just not going to bother continuing to reply to all this stuff. I hope that everyone else, despite not knowing my allegiance, can see how sketchy all this reasoning is. And importantly, how far it is from Font's typically very astute play. I'm not going to keep harping on it, but my vote is here no matter what. If Font is not a wolf or a cultist, I truly would be astounded.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:33 PM   #986
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
TBH, for I thought that one time about Autumn too

It's my dainty ankles.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:33 PM   #987
Autumn
Head Coach

By the way, Chief, this game is a real hoot, I am really enjoying it. Crazyville!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:35 PM   #988
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm just not going to bother continuing to reply to all this stuff. I hope that everyone else, despite not knowing my allegiance, can see how sketchy all this reasoning is. And importantly, how far it is from Font's typically very astute play. I'm not going to keep harping on it, but my vote is here no matter what. If Font is not a wolf or a cultist, I truly would be astounded.
You understand that you keep calling things sketchy and then failing to explain why, right?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:36 PM   #989
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Let's say your theory is right, and you kill one of those checks. What if Brit checked some other players who are also dead, or someone like Shoveler who is already cleared? Just doesn't make any sense. What if he had to reveal in order to stop you from shooting? A villager would not be pushing for any of this.
Simply by claiming, brit clears himself. That's really all I need at this point.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #990
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You understand that you keep calling things sketchy and then failing to explain why, right?

I'm pretty sure everyone's tired of me explaining why I think your reasoning is sketchy, but if anyone else wants to ask for details, they can.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #991
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Simply by claiming, brit clears himself. That's really all I need at this point.

But it's not all about you, Font. You keep deciding how things should be done based on how you feel about players. We all have to agree, to some extent. The fact that somehow or other you can win the game no matter how many villagers get killed off is fantastic, but I'm not sure anyone else can.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #992
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry for missing but work got nuts. Surprised to be still alive to be honest. Need to catch up on what happened.

Nice catch in getting the cunning. Haven't read through but what was the reason for picking timmae?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #993
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
But it's not all about you, Font. You keep deciding how things should be done based on how you feel about players. We all have to agree, to some extent. The fact that somehow or other you can win the game no matter how many villagers get killed off is fantastic, but I'm not sure anyone else can.
The cunning is dead, and the cultist doesn't matter. The seer needs to claim and let the game get solved.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #994
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The cunning is dead, and the cultist doesn't matter. The seer needs to claim and let the game get solved.

lol, the cultist can be converted and turn a win into a loss! I feel like I'm in Bizarroworld!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #995
fontisian
College Prospect

But they haven't been, and a convert on the cultist means a townie isn't getting shot.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 PM   #996
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's still a gain for the wolves, though, no?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #997
Autumn
Head Coach

Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #998
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
It's still a gain for the wolves, though, no?
No. The wolves lose a night kill, which they cannot afford with the seer and bodyguard still slive.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #999
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
It appears that since there is no counterclaim at this point we can assume that martin and thus font are good. A BG claim by someone other than martin would mean that he is evil but we haven't seen a claim yet. Nor do I want to see one if that is the case. Unless if I am following the wrong lines of thought here. We can let this play out while we look for evil elsewhere.

Reading Timmaes posts and I just want to point out that he is eager to cast the font/martin/vaimes trio clear as soon as possible. He pushes for a Martin lynch as the way to clear things up, which would make sense if Font was the bad guy there. And then as soon as Martin claims to have been targeted, Timmae is quick to anoint Font clear as well.

Also of note, Timmae seemed ready to jump on EF after his vigilante move. Not solid, but makes me think maybe that wasn't a wolf move. Trying to suss out who else was partners with Timmae.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #1000
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day One as I see it:

Zinto (7)-- Narcizo (108), The Jackal (283), Vaimes (312), JAG (316), fontisian (321), Grover (326), Autumn (343)
The Jackal (5)-- Raven (106), timmae (154), britrock88 (317), Shoveler (327), MartinD (358)
Vaimes (1)-- cheekimonk (293)
timmae (1)-- EagleFan (82)
fontisian (1)-- MrBug708 (178)

font is still an unknown, hence the orange.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote