Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
kids accounts?

Kind of.. They are all under my account. One profile is for my wife to pick movies that she wants, and the other profile we use to rent various kids dvds.. Alot of disney stuff, etc.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #52
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I notice that it doesn't take into account that I have three profiles with 3 discs out at a time. So my $0.94 per dvd is actually quite lower I imagine.

Oh, it doesn't?

If it doesn't count multiple profiles then that is hurting me a LOT.. I get 3 at a time, but 2 are on a "TV" profile that gets used way more than the DVD one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #53
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Wow
Quote:
Netflixer since: April 2007
Returned to date: 141 titles
Most recent return: 11/May/09 i.e. about 22 hours ago
Average time you keep DVDs at home: 9 days
Movies seen per month: 3.3 by DVD and 161.3 by Instant Watch
Your 3 at-a-time (Unlimited) plan costs you $20.99/month (with the $4/mo Blu-ray fee)
Your cost: $6.30 per DVD
With Instant Watch: $0.13
You're in the 10th percentile. i.e., 10% of FeedFlixers pay less than you per movie
The above stats reflect your activity over the most recent 3 months Adjust this

And yeah, I don't think it is taking into account all the profiles. I have one for the wife and one for my daughter and both are not reflected. However since they have to use my account for instant watching, that is through the roof.

Last edited by Antmeister : 05-11-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #54
Qrusher14242
High School JV

wow feedflix is a cool site.

Netflixer since: August 2006
Returned to date: 429 titles
Most recent return: 11/May/09 i.e. about 22 hours ago
Average time you keep DVDs at home: 5 days
Movies seen per month: 12.7 by DVD and 0.7 by Instant Watch
It looks like you are on the 2-at-a-time plan which costs $13.99/month Wrong Plan? Fix it!
Your cost: $1.10 per DVD
With Instant Watch: $1.05
You're in the 28th percentile. i.e., 28% of FeedFlixers pay less than you per movie

Last edited by Qrusher14242 : 05-11-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #55
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Wow

And yeah, I don't think it is taking into account all the profiles. I have one for the wife and one for my daughter and both are not reflected. However since they have to use my account for instant watching, that is through the roof.

Site is completely useless to me then if it's not using all profiles.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 05-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #56
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Same for me on profiles. However, I saw an option to import another profile.. it didn't work on first click and I didn't look more closely.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #57
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Are any of you guys using Netflix through your 360?

I do. It's how I do most of my Netflix watching, actually, I forget about the DVD's sometimes. Which reminds me...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #58
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Couple of things...

1) As far as the instant goes I noticed that it counts an episode of a TV show as 1 movie (i.e. Watching 4 episodes of the office which would be 1 DVD counts as 4 instant DVD's). Not sure how they could fix that but it does lead to misleading information.

2) It is really cool that I can go back and view my entire rental history. I have rented the wire entire season 2 three different times. It seems like 80% of my rentals are tv.

3) I had Breach out for 145 days. Plus I never ended up watching it. If I ever get around to it again it better be a damn good movie!!!
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #59
wade moore
lolzcat

Figured out the multi-profile thing. It's calculating my 2nd one now.

You basically have to click the add profile thing, then click the sign out option, and sign in with your other profile in netflix.

Or you could really just go to netflix, sign into your other profile, then go to feedflix and do the add profile thing.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #60
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I do. It's how I do most of my Netflix watching, actually, I forget about the DVD's sometimes. Which reminds me...

/tk

Is the selection on the 360 just as good as the regular service? I am thinking about subscribing to Netflix and watching a lot of tv shows with it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #61
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Is the selection on the 360 just as good as the regular service? I am thinking about subscribing to Netflix and watching a lot of tv shows with it.

No.

Looks like you can't see the library if you're not signed in.

The "Watch Instantly" library is not the entire DVD library. It is really not fantastic at all for movies, but it seems like TV Shows has a decent selection - particularly if you're looking for dvd's not released in the last year or so, but a bit older.

Basically you're not getting the newer stuff in "watch instantly".

FWIW - it's the same selection as what you can see through XBOX, Tivo, or streamed on your PC.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #62
wade moore
lolzcat

This makes me feel MUCH better..

With my profiles combined:

Your cost/DVD rental is $5.43
Your cost/movie (including Instant Watch) is $5.26
You're in the 86th percentile. i.e., 86% of FeedFlixers pay less than you per movie

That's a win for me. Around what you'd pay at BB or whatever, but with much less hassle imo.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #63
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
That's pretty awesome. $7.44/DVD

I'm right up there with you right now, because we didn't order anything for 6 months with our move. I had 2 DVDs for 150 days!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #64
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Site is completely useless to me then if it's not using all profiles.

Could always make a suggestion to them. They might be able to get that feature added I haven't looked too deep to see if it's been requested.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #65
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Could always make a suggestion to them. They might be able to get that feature added I haven't looked too deep to see if it's been requested.

If you read down, it does do it and I figured it out .

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #66
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Re: Watch Instantly selection. Wade is a bit incorrect. There are actually a lot of new release movies. Some of them, however, are limited release. They'll put a new movie on Watch Instantly for 30 days, for instance. It has a lot more to do with the studio than anything else, I think. Last I knew they claimed to have "12,000 titles" on Watch Instantly.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #67
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Re: Watch Instantly selection. Wade is a bit incorrect. There are actually a lot of new release movies. Some of them, however, are limited release. They'll put a new movie on Watch Instantly for 30 days, for instance. It has a lot more to do with the studio than anything else, I think. Last I knew they claimed to have "12,000 titles" on Watch Instantly.

O RLY?

Didn't know that. For my movie watching habits I have a very hard time finding anything I like on it - so take that for what it is worth. I watch a movie every couple of months on many occasions and I scour through the "Watch Instantly" and generally cannot find anything that I like.

Edit: And when I go through the "New Releases" section of the regular movies I never see "watch instantly"... and when I go through the "New Releases" section of "Watch Instantly" I never see movies I've heard of...

I'm not sure how we can have such a big disconnect there.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 05-12-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #68
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
O RLY?

Didn't know that. For my movie watching habits I have a very hard time finding anything I like on it - so take that for what it is worth. I watch a movie every couple of months on many occasions and I scour through the "Watch Instantly" and generally cannot find anything that I like.

Edit: And when I go through the "New Releases" section of the regular movies I never see "watch instantly"... and when I go through the "New Releases" section of "Watch Instantly" I never see movies I've heard of...

I'm not sure how we can have such a big disconnect there.

Some items in the "New movies to watch instantly":

Traitor, JCVD, Narnia:Caspian, Zohan. But at the same time there is also: Batman Returns, The English PAtient and Die Hard. So they seem to be adding from all ends. But if you looka t your instant queue, sometimes it will say "Available until xx/xx/xx" because it's a limited selection.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #69
wade moore
lolzcat

So for example.

If I go to "Watch Instantly" and click on "New Releases"

The first movies listed are:

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Capian
Wendy and Lucy
Zohan
Traitor
How About You

In Sci-Fi/Fantasy New Releases we've got such new hits as:

A Scanner Darkly
Serenity
The Matrix
The Matrix: Reloaded
Stargate Continuum

If I go to the REAL New Releases I get:

Transporter 3
W.
Swing Vote
Rachel Getting Married
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

On my main page of New Releases where it just has new releases and then some specific category new releases I have ONE movie that has a "Play Now" option - Let the Right One In (whatever that is)...

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 AM   #70
wade moore
lolzcat

The more I look the more I realize you're just flat wrong. I'm scrolling through pages of the "Popular New Releases" section and VERY few (i.e. 5 of the first 90) are in "Play Now" and the ones that are are obscure movies (I've never heard of 4 of the previous 5 mentioned).

The Watch Instantly feature is nice, but the selection is pretty limited - particularly with newer movies.

I have 84 movies in my queue.

8 of them are available to "Play Now".

7 of those 8 movies are 5+ years old (Letters from Iwo Jima being the exception).

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #71
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

OK.

I think it's limited with brand new movies, but movies within the last 1.5 to 2 years has a decent selection. I could be wrong, though. I definitely don't see Watch Instantly as a sole method for watching stuff -- it's more supplemental.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #72
Butter
Coordinator

Netflixer since: December 2008
Returned to date: 15 titles

Most recent return: 01/May/09 i.e. 11 days ago
Average time you keep DVDs at home: 8 days
Movies seen per month: 3.5 by DVD and 4.0 by Instant Watch
Your 1 at-a-time (Unlimited) plan costs you $8.99/month
Your cost: $2.57 per DVD
With Instant Watch: $1.20
You're in the 32nd percentile. i.e., 32% of FeedFlixers pay less than you per movie

Last edited by Butter : 05-12-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #73
Butter
Coordinator

To me, they seem to add more new independent movies to Instant than anything. A lot of the more obscure recent indie releases are available on Instant Watch soon after DVD. For example, "Wendy and Lucy" just came out on DVD, and was added immediately to Instant as well. Almost no major releases are done that way that I've seen.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #74
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
OK.

I think it's limited with brand new movies, but movies within the last 1.5 to 2 years has a decent selection. I could be wrong, though. I definitely don't see Watch Instantly as a sole method for watching stuff -- it's more supplemental.

A lot of the ones that match that description are part of Starz on Demand, that's why they have the limited Watch Instantly time period.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #75
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hmm this is interesting:

Your cost: $0.00 per DVD
With Instant Watch: $0.34
You're in the 13th percentile. i.e., 13% of FeedFlixers pay less than you per movie

I do watch a ton of Instant Watch stuff on my Roku Player, so I guess that's why it's so low.

Last edited by Peregrine : 05-13-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #76
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So for example.

If I go to "Watch Instantly" and click on "New Releases"

The first movies listed are:

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Capian
Wendy and Lucy
Zohan
Traitor
How About You

In Sci-Fi/Fantasy New Releases we've got such new hits as:

A Scanner Darkly
Serenity
The Matrix
The Matrix: Reloaded
Stargate Continuum

If I go to the REAL New Releases I get:

Transporter 3
W.
Swing Vote
Rachel Getting Married
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

On my main page of New Releases where it just has new releases and then some specific category new releases I have ONE movie that has a "Play Now" option - Let the Right One In (whatever that is)...

If you like vampire movies, Let The Right One In is awesome. It is Swedish language with subtitles. Normally I hate subtitles, but this one was no problem. The dialogue is not overwhelming but it is very well paced. It is not an over the top action film. In fact there is not a lot of action scenes.

This movie is great.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 05-17-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #77
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think I keep Netflix movies for waaay too long. But I think I use that as part of the service. Being able to see a movie whenever I want without having to go to a video store and getting it and having it available whenever I have time.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #78
PilotMan
Head Coach

Finally broke down and got my Roku player. Fan-fucking-tastic. Guess who the best dad and husband is now?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #79
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Finally broke down and got my Roku player. Fan-fucking-tastic. Guess who the best dad and husband is now?

Not you. You swear.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #80
Lorena
Unregistered

I've seen South Park Seasons 1-5 and am almost finished w/ Season 6 thanks to the Roku.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they add hulu content.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #81
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
I've seen South Park Seasons 1-5 and am almost finished w/ Season 6 thanks to the Roku.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they add hulu content.

Nah, that would be too good to be true. Wonderful, but too good.

Like Steam?

Old 06-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #82
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Nah, that would be too good to be true. Wonderful, but too good.

Yeah I know, that'd be awesome. I do know that they're talking to other web video providers so we shall see. It's good enough the way it is but with extra content it'll make it that much better.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #83
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I think I keep Netflix movies for waaay too long. But I think I use that as part of the service. Being able to see a movie whenever I want without having to go to a video store and getting it and having it available whenever I have time.

We have had some of ours for over two months before watching them or sending them back unwatched. Kinda feel like a waste of money but then I remember how cheap it is compared to a video store and I don't feel so bad anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #84
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Netflix is now streaming:

* Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Seasons 1-7
* Angel: Seasons 1-5
* X-Files: Seasons 1-7 (and two other sets claiming to be eighth and ninth seasons, which can't be since the show stopped after seven. You hear me?!?)
* 24: Seasons 1-7
* King of the Hill: Seasons 1-12
* Firefly
* Dollhouse: S1
* Arrested Development: S1-3

Article:

IndyStar.com | Geeking Out | The Indianapolis Star
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #85
Subby
lolzcat

Netflix is unbelievably good value for me now that they are streaming so much. The kids watch it all the time on one of our PCs and I am watching the Weeds seasons that I never saw b/c I didn't have Showtime. After I am done with that I'll move to Dexter

We don't even checkout movies all that often. Not when I can stream Big Lebowski or Raising Arizona any time I want.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #86
PilotMan
Head Coach

I really don't watch TV anymore. We don't have cable or dish and aside from news and sports really aren't missing anything. We stream everything on the Roku player. Love it.

Like Steam?

Old 04-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #87
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I really don't watch TV anymore. We don't have cable or dish and aside from news and sports really aren't missing anything. We stream everything on the Roku player. Love it.

Exactly, us too.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #88
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

South Park Seasons 1-9 will expire on April 16th. Looks like I have to finish seasons 8 and 9 soon.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 04-02-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #89
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Yeah, this is our current setup:

Antenna: To watch HD local television.
Roku: Primarily to watch Netflix, Amazon, Revision 3, TWIT and to listen to Pandora.
PS3: Using PlayOn to watch Hulu, Video Podcasts, CNN and more recently NCAA basketball streamed live.

It keeps our cable bills tremendously low and it is so convenient to watch shows when we want it instead of having to sit by a TV at the designated time that it plays.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #90
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
After I am done with that I'll move to Dexter

Let us know what you think, it is by far my favorite show on TV.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #91
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody have the Roku HD player? How well does it show the HD aspect? I can't really see myself getting into blue-ray, at least not right now, so I figure a Roku HD player would be more than enough.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #92
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Did netflix change how they do new releases? Sherlock Holmes is out, but it is listed as available on April 27th, 2010 in my queue. (??) The Blind Side is also listed as April 20th....
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 04-02-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #93
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

They signed an agreement with Warner Bros where they can't ship out their DVDs for something lke ~28 days until after its released.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #94
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Did netflix change how they do new releases? Sherlock Holmes is out, but it is listed as available on April 27th, 2010 in my queue. (??)

Blockbuster is getting some movies before they hit Netflix, Redbox, etc...

Old 04-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #95
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Anybody have the Roku HD player? How well does it show the HD aspect? I can't really see myself getting into blue-ray, at least not right now, so I figure a Roku HD player would be more than enough.

We currently own the HD player and the standard (for the kids' room). It does well with the HD aspect ratio and with Netflix and Amazon the streaming is very smooth.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #96
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
PS3: Using PlayOn to watch Hulu, Video Podcasts, CNN and more recently NCAA basketball streamed live.

Do tell. Do I just go to the "CBS" channel on PlayOn and the tourney games come up? Or do I need to do something else?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #97
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

If one can get Hulu streaming on your TV, could you also get ESPN 360?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #98
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Do tell. Do I just go to the "CBS" channel on PlayOn and the tourney games come up? Or do I need to do something else?

If you get the latest update the PlayOn, it includes the addition of NCAA March Madness. It's just a new plugin.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #99
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you get the latest update the PlayOn, it includes the addition of NCAA March Madness. It's just a new plugin.

Thanks. I'm a few versions behind it seems, not getting the update e-mails or something.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #100
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, the video quality sucks, but the game is at least watchable.