Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #501
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
So we know that Kwhit voted for Cronin and BrianD. Does that give us anything to go on? Do wolves go for people who are outright mentioning them in conversation? That seems to lead too much of a trail for us to follow, but I think fouts was going after a wolf when he got killed in Tombstone.

Wolves do all sorts of things.

Sometimes they go after someone who's getting a little too close for comfort.

Sometimes they go after someone who's historically a good player that they're afraid of.

Sometimes they go after someone in a one-on-one battle in hopes of kicking off a groundswell against the other in the argument.

In this game, they may be trying to pick off the STARS chief.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #502
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
So we know that Kwhit voted for Cronin and BrianD. Does that give us anything to go on? Do wolves go for people who are outright mentioning them in conversation? That seems to lead too much of a trail for us to follow, but I think fouts was going after a wolf when he got killed in Tombstone.

I'm glad Alan has reanalyzed his position, because I'm pretty confident that if I were the chief I would pile on to someone to hide my vote. A vote for a lynched player is simply cover at that point. It is a missed opportunity to "out" someone, but I think it is more important for the chief to not paint a target on his back and stay in the game.

I'll be in and out of contact today to take a closer look at the likely suspects, but right now, I don't feel like I have more than an inkling of which way to go.

I always reanalyze my positions. I'm not perfect and don't know everything obviously.. however I haven't changed my opinon that I think Fouts or St.Cronin (or possibly both) are bad. I think mathematically its my best play for the day.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #503
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Alan you must have the easiest job in the world because you are consitently online during the day.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #504
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I don't think we can take anything out of KWhit's vote. He thought Brian was slightly suspicious because of a small thing he said, then he jumped back into our planned 2 man race. Seems like a perfectly normal I-don't-know-jack villager play D1.

I agree, I don't think kwhit's vote itself is very meaningful to us.

What I think is interesting to think about is if last night the wolfs thought it was meaningful though. If both cronin and BrianD were on their team would Kwhit moving from one to the other be enough to scare them into thinking he was the chief?

Would they have risked outing BrianD and/or Cronin in the process of eliminating what seemed to them like a likely police chief?

I currently am leaning to probably not, and they probably killed kwhit due to him being in a group of likely chiefs who was also an experienced and quality player, unrelated to BrianD alltogether.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #505
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Alan you must have the easiest job in the world because you are consitently online during the day.

I am a network engineer for a 15,000 person company worldwide. I handle the integration of companies that we aquire as well as other various day to day network type implementation project planning.

Probably 40% of my time is spent in meetings or conference calls where I can just sit on here while I listen to the call.

Right now we are in quarter end which implements a freeze time this weekend where the entire IT organization is not allowed to make any changes this weekend that could risk us having problems with numbers for the quarter. That means no changes this weekend, and very little planning this week for this weekend.

So this week is my light week
Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #506
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Just a few notes:
While I should be home before the deadline tonight, it will still take a few mins for me to record all the votes to make sure I got everything correct.

Also, the night 2 deadline will be 7am as I have to work early in the morning for a change If anyone has a problem with that let me know, conditional orders will certainly be allowed tonight if that helps.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #507
Tyrith
College Starter

I think today we have to start working on these psuedo-alliances we see. The Lathum/Fouts connection bothers me. I'm going to wait for Fouts, like hoops is, but I'm concerned. Cronin doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. If he's a zombie he just went way risky way early, which doesn't seem like him. I think it's more likely he was just trying to stir up day one discussion and was acting stupid by contradicting himself -- self contradictions aren't a sign of wolfish but of just making mistakes, which I would argue a bad guy would be on higher alert for.

Alan...I don't know. He hasn't done TOO suspicious at this point -- the bullet kill yesterday was a perfectly reasonable kill, and being suspicious of cronin at this point is quite fair; I don't think he'd be an awful lynch. The amount of crap he's putting out there about the chief does bother me, though.

Overall I think we need to stop focusing on the chief so much. We're not going to be able to magically divine who the chief is today, or what his intent is, NOR DO WE WANT TO. All we're doing is giving the bad guys more information that they can actively use at this point. I'm all for us coming up with ideas on how the chief would be working, but please keep them to yourselves for a few days, so that when our bumbling around does get the chief killed we can actually use his (or her) death for some productive use.

Now that I've mentioned that I am slightly more suspicious of Alan. But right now the Fouts/Lathum thing bothers me the most.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #508
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going with the idea of zombies trying to pick off the STARS chief - KWhit could have been a person who identified a zombie with his vote. They worry that he may be the Police Chief and take their shot that night.

That theory still holds because he switched his vote to Cronin - who could potentially be in the same faction, but definitely remains unidentified. If he had switched instead to Bullet they would not have had to worry about him last night.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #509
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I agree, I don't think kwhit's vote itself is very meaningful to us.

What I think is interesting to think about is if last night the wolfs thought it was meaningful though. If both cronin and BrianD were on their team would Kwhit moving from one to the other be enough to scare them into thinking he was the chief?

Would they have risked outing BrianD and/or Cronin in the process of eliminating what seemed to them like a likely police chief?

I currently am leaning to probably not, and they probably killed kwhit due to him being in a group of likely chiefs who was also an experienced and quality player, unrelated to BrianD alltogether.

You'd have to assume bother cronin and brian are zombies, because umbrella can't do night kills....it's theoretically possible but damn that's unlikely, and I think they would figure we would go on to bigger and better things other than chasing down Brian based on a weak day 1 vote that got rescinded. In other words, if KWhit were alive would we care about the vote? My most likely scenario is that they took a night kill on someone they didn't expect to be guarded.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #510
Tyrith
College Starter

My main point on KWhit is this: if he WAS right about Brian wouldn't it make more sense to leave him alive and let the vote die in the mess that is Day One? I don't get the sense that KWhit was going to stalk Brian down, but he was just going with the small byte of information available. Although this is on the assumption that the wolves would think it that far through, but it seems really weak to me.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #511
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Going with the idea of zombies trying to pick off the STARS chief - KWhit could have been a person who identified a zombie with his vote. They worry that he may be the Police Chief and take their shot that night.

That theory still holds because he switched his vote to Cronin - who could potentially be in the same faction, but definitely remains unidentified. If he had switched instead to Bullet they would not have had to worry about him last night.

Thats what my thinking was about BrianD when I was asked. I think right now its a reach though, and very easy to setup BrianD in killing Kwhit last night.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #512
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My main point on KWhit is this: if he WAS right about Brian wouldn't it make more sense to leave him alive and let the vote die in the mess that is Day One? I don't get the sense that KWhit was going to stalk Brian down, but he was just going with the small byte of information available. Although this is on the assumption that the wolves would think it that far through, but it seems really weak to me.

I agree. thats why I said I was leaning towards it not meaning much. But like I said someone asked me my thoughts about BrianD, so I answered.

Interesting though that it was Cronin asking me about BrianD.. because if the theory that brianD was bad is true, Cronin too would have been bad in that scenerio.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #513
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, you asked for thoughts on what other people were thinking, so I'll give you mine. Right now I am leaning toward st.cronin. I had the same thought as you that the chief would not have voted for Bullet, so st.cronin or Fouts probably got the chief's vote. I don't really think NTN is the chief, so that leaves st.cronin.

The only reason I hesitate about this vote is that it is possible that everyone on the block yesterday was good and the chief didn't want to out himself/herself and voted for a STARS member.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:29 AM   #514
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Alan, you asked for thoughts on what other people were thinking, so I'll give you mine. Right now I am leaning toward st.cronin. I had the same thought as you that the chief would not have voted for Bullet, so st.cronin or Fouts probably got the chief's vote. I don't really think NTN is the chief, so that leaves st.cronin.

The only reason I hesitate about this vote is that it is possible that everyone on the block yesterday was good and the chief didn't want to out himself/herself and voted for a STARS member.

I also didnt really think ntndeacon was the chief which is why I voted Cronin earlier. Im not against switching to fouts though, and I heavily considered it when lathum quickly plopped a vote down on Cronin with me after blasting me and my ideas.

I still am tempted to switching to fouts, but I kind of want to see what people do today, and I partially wonder if we have a fouts vs cronin run off, is it umbrella vs zombies? If so, what type of actions will we see from people trying to save their own if its close.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #515
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think they would figure we would go on to bigger and better things other than chasing down Brian based on a weak day 1 vote that got rescinded. In other words, if KWhit were alive would we care about the vote? My most likely scenario is that they took a night kill on someone they didn't expect to be guarded.

I agree with Tyrith on this. It doesn't make sense to call more attention to Brian, I think that was pretty clearly a typical day 1 first vote. I could see more connection from thinking he might be the chief based on bullet being good, or from some connection to cronin. But it also seems just as likely that with multiple night action roles that they tried to find someone who was unlikely to be guarded.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #516
Tyrith
College Starter

I would personally much rather vote for Fouts than cronin right now. I just don't see cronin being bad and him playing in a way that get himself incriminated so quickly...although we'll probably have to kill him eventually so we can look at the voting records.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #517
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would personally much rather vote for Fouts than cronin right now. I just don't see cronin being bad and him playing in a way that get himself incriminated so quickly...although we'll probably have to kill him eventually so we can look at the voting records.

If this is how you feel, then vote for Fouts. Its easy to say thats what you would rather do, but most people forget what is said. They don't typically forget votes as easily.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #518
Tyrith
College Starter

This goes back to me not wanting to put in the first vote. I'm definately not sure Fouts is a bad guy. What if he comes up good? People will use it as an excuse to kill _me_ for putting in the first vote, even though I just get to play more and want to actually do something. No, right now I'm going to sit because I have no assurances people are going to be reasonable with the voting records.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #519
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Fouts seems pretty much like an unknown to me at this point. I don't remember getting any strong vibes from him yesterday and he did end up with just the one early vote. I guess I don't feel strongly enough about him yet to condemn him or to stand with him.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #520
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This goes back to me not wanting to put in the first vote. I'm definately not sure Fouts is a bad guy. What if he comes up good? People will use it as an excuse to kill _me_ for putting in the first vote, even though I just get to play more and want to actually do something. No, right now I'm going to sit because I have no assurances people are going to be reasonable with the voting records.

In this game, if people want to kill you, they will find a reason.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #521
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
In this game, if people want to kill you, they will find a reason.

Very true, but I'm gonna make them work for it!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:47 AM   #522
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Very true, but I'm gonna make them work for it!

If you want any tips on how to get people to vote for you, let me know. I can help you out
Old 10-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #523
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Yesterday you followed him on a vote with the supposition that he was the police chief. So what has changed? I knew he wasn't the Chief yesterday when he voted for me early, but how do you now have this info?

Your answer is in your question. Today he voted for me, therefore he is not the police chief. I'm going to go back and look at who some of the early votes for bullet were - I think we'll find some bad guys there.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #524
Tyrith
College Starter

Gone till around 3 EST.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #525
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't see a lot of reasons to be an active poster but a timid voter, Tyrith.

That said, my vote isn't going out until someone posts information from last night, Fouts shows up, or Cronin answers my question from this morning on why he is now sure that Lathum is not the Police Chief.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #526
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That said, my vote isn't going out until someone posts information from last night, Fouts shows up, or Cronin answers my question from this morning on why he is now sure that Lathum is not the Police Chief.

Lathum not being the police chief doesn't mean Cronin is a good guy.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #527
st.cronin
General Manager

(180) Alan votes Bulletsponge (1)
(253) Hoopsguy votes Bulletsponge (2)
(257) spleen votes bulletsponge (3)
(273) Tyrith votes Bulletsponge (4)
(276) Sndvls votes Bulletsponge (5)
(281) BrianD votes Bulletsponge (6)
(283) Saldana votes Bulletsponge (7)
(286) Mr. Wednesday votes Bulletsponge (8)
(316) St.cronin votes Bulletsponge (10)
(343) Chief Rum votes Bulletsponge (11)

Based on this, as well as his vote for me today, I am going to advocate lynching Alan T today.

If I end up lynched, let us note that Alan T was vote #1 on 2 different Stars players.

unvote Lathum
vote AlanT

Until we get some better information, from a seer or a dead Police Chief, I suggest we just go down this list - lynch AT today, hoopsguy tomorrow, etc.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #528
st.cronin
General Manager

hoops I answered your question in post #523

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #529
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

hoops,i would assume cronin is drawing that belief from the fact that lathum voted for him yesterday...if lathum where the CP, he wouldnt have been the 3rd vote on Cronin (this logic only works from the perspective of cronin as a STARS member)

as far as the use of the logic of "the police chief would never have voted for bullet yesterday"....that is unbelievably flawed.....it was only last freaking game that not only did lathum vote for a fellow cowboy, he handed him over to the town and tied the freaking noose himself. i am rather surprised that Alan is ignoring that fact considering that he was the GM and watched it happen from the front row
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #530
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
hoops,i would assume cronin is drawing that belief from the fact that lathum voted for him yesterday...if lathum where the CP, he wouldnt have been the 3rd vote on Cronin (this logic only works from the perspective of cronin as a STARS member)

as far as the use of the logic of "the police chief would never have voted for bullet yesterday"....that is unbelievably flawed.....it was only last freaking game that not only did lathum vote for a fellow cowboy, he handed him over to the town and tied the freaking noose himself. i am rather surprised that Alan is ignoring that fact considering that he was the GM and watched it happen from the front row

Lathum's vote yesterday did not convince me of anything. Otherwise, I completely agree with you.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #531
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Lathum's vote yesterday did not convince me of anything. Otherwise, I completely agree with you.

He isnt talking about lathum's vote from yesterday. He is saying that he doesn't understand how I can say that the Police chief would not be voting for Stars to give us an accurate trail to look at upon his death when just last game Lathum voted his own team.

I personally don't see it as the same scenerio, since the police chief's benefit to his team primarily comes upon his death, whereas Lathum's move in that game was for deception, but you aren't the only one who is bringing this up today.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #532
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, the "lynch everyone in line on Bullet" is obviously a comfortable strategy for you since you are 10th in the list. As the person who is 2nd I'm less inclined to support this.

I would argue that the people who were involved with the surge of votes on Bullet when it was in the 5-5 range would make at least as much sense than the early voters on this one.

If you are in fact a member of STARS then the same logic you apply to Alan - voted 1st for two different STARS members - would apply equally to Lathum. I would be more inclined to go in this direction personally, although you don't have to twist my arm too hard to go after Alan.

Lathum has already set the table for you and Alan, Cronin. He said that he wants to gun for Alan next if you show up innocent.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #533
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cronin, the "lynch everyone in line on Bullet" is obviously a comfortable strategy for you since you are 10th in the list. As the person who is 2nd I'm less inclined to support this.

I would argue that the people who were involved with the surge of votes on Bullet when it was in the 5-5 range would make at least as much sense than the early voters on this one.

If you are in fact a member of STARS then the same logic you apply to Alan - voted 1st for two different STARS members - would apply equally to Lathum. I would be more inclined to go in this direction personally, although you don't have to twist my arm too hard to go after Alan.

Lathum has already set the table for you and Alan, Cronin. He said that he wants to gun for Alan next if you show up innocent.

Thats because it will deflect heat from his boy Fouts.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #534
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

It would actually not be surprising at all to me to learn that Lathum and Alan were zombies. Remember Lathum crying wolf at Alan earlier? And then voting for me? hmmmm

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #535
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It would actually not be surprising at all to me to learn that Lathum and Alan were zombies. Remember Lathum crying wolf at Alan earlier? And then voting for me? hmmmm

I wouldnt be suprised if you were right about half of that.

See the fun thing about this game and what I have done is it feels like now I'm getting attacked by both Umbrella and the zombies And truth be told, it might not be a stretch to think Zombies + Umbrella = same number of players now as Stars. I think right now though the Stars still have 1 or 2 players on the others combined.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #536
path12
Coordinator

So it looks like we held off the early showdown until day 2 -- that's progress!

It seems fairly obvious that Alan, cronin, hoops and Lathum can't all be on the same side (I'm not even looking at the Fouts angle yet either). Problem is as always who is who. Or which is which. Or whatever. Or the simple fact that it strikes me that a zombie wouldn't want to call attention to themselves this early, and that's really where I'd like to focus with my vote.

I do agree with hoops that the most likely bad guys are found on the votes for bullet after the 5-5 tie. So I need to start there, right after I go back through Alan's call out posts from yesterday, which is right after I finish this next project.

Sigh. WW makes my head hurt.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #537
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Black... and blue...
And who knows which is which
And who is who

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #538
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'll roll with the st cronin or Fouts logic for now.

Vote st. cronin

In the meantime, I have a Pet Shop Boys concert tonight, so after 5 or so, I'll be out for the evening.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #539
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, those votes do not mean jack if Cronin is STARS. If we really want to learn if there was value in the lynch yesterday we have to go after Cronin. I would expect that we are going to come back to this again at some point if we do not decide to do it today.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #540
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I do agree with hoops that the most likely bad guys are found on the votes for bullet after the 5-5 tie.

This is only true if you assume I'm bad. Which I'm not. If you assume bullet and I are both Stars, which we are, then the bad guys had no incentive to vote either way.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #541
st.cronin
General Manager

Let me say this loud and clear:

The one person we know for sure is NOT the police chief is Alan T. Lynching anybody else carries a double risk that not only is that person stars, but he is the police chief. The police chief cannot reveal, and it would be a disaster to lynch him on day 2.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #542
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The one person we know for sure is NOT the police chief is Alan T. Lynching anybody else carries a double risk that not only is that person stars, but he is the police chief. The police chief cannot reveal, and it would be a disaster to lynch him on day 2.

You aren't the police chief, don't even try to pretend to be him trying to get someone else to out themselves in a way that it makes it obvious who it is.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #543
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The funny thing is I was second guessing myself if I wanted to stay on you or switch to Fouts because of where Lathum put his vote, but then the way you worded this trying to sow seeds of doubts into people's minds that you may be the police chief when you clearly are not sealed the deal for me. I'll likely keep my vote on you.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #544
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And I will take this a step further, if you somehow do push this to be a you vs me lynch today, I would rather take the death then the chief somehow trying to save me.

Since I dont have any special importance this game, my death likely will mean you are next Cronin (probably followed by Fouts and Lathum)
Old 10-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #545
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You aren't the police chief, don't even try to pretend to be him trying to get someone else to out themselves in a way that it makes it obvious who it is.

I give up. Lynch me. None of you know how to play this game.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #546
st.cronin
General Manager

unvote AlanT
vote st.cronin

This will be the last time I provide any analysis for a looooooong time. All it does is get my lynched.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #547
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Black... and blue...
And who knows which is which
And who is who

That reminds me -- I'm planning on running a short game at some point based on Dark Side of the Moon. It's totally ripped off from another site, but it was a pretty good scenario.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #548
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hopefully this will be a good learning experience for me
Old 10-26-2006, 01:14 PM   #549
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
This is only true if you assume I'm bad. Which I'm not. If you assume bullet and I are both Stars, which we are, then the bad guys had no incentive to vote either way.

Fair point by you and hoops, if I had been taking my time when I posted I might have realized that.

The next off the top of my head question then becomes: Cronin, doesn't that mean that until it is made clear that you are good doesn't this cloud any theories anybody puts forward? I'd really prefer not to vote for you because I'm leaning that you're good -- but if this question is going to need to be proven at some point why not settle it now?
Old 10-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #550
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Its like the reverse Schmidty strategy!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote