Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2023, 09:05 AM   #4401
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I have COVID-19, so I have taken the miserable opportunity to watch "Band of Brothers" like I do every few years. Still amazed how well this show was done.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 03:29 PM   #4402
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Should be required High School curriculum.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:04 AM   #4403
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup. That episode with the concentration camp still haunts me.

And I'm sure it was a lot, lot, lot worse in reality.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 11:15 AM   #4404
Edward64
Head Coach

Hmmm, of the 9, I've only watched 1, 3, and only an episode of 4 & 7. I'm going to check out the others.

Netflix finally reveals viewing data across its entire catalog | Ars Technica
Quote:
Most-watched shows on Netflix, January to June 2023

TITLES HOURS VIEWED
1) The Night Agent: Season 1 812 million
2) The Glory: Season 1 623 million
3) Wednesday: Season 1 508 million
4) Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story 503 million
5) You: Season 4 441 million
6) La Reina del Sur: Season 3 430 million
7) Outer Banks: Season 3 403 million
8) Ginny & Georgia: Season 1 302 million
9) FUBAR: Season 1 266 million
Old 12-13-2023, 03:05 PM   #4405
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't know if anyone here watched The Keepers on Netflix, which was a murder mystery turned rant against the Catholic Church for covering up sexual abuse, but they've exhumed the body of one of the nuns who was killed in 1969. She was the second nun killed and may have known something about who killed the first nun (Cathy Cesnik) and why. Speculation is Cesnik knew a particular priest was sexually assaulting students and was murdered.

FBI to exhume body of Joyce Malecki, whose murder was featured in Netflix's 'The Keepers'
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:08 PM   #4406
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Oh yeah, I had the fortune of watching that. Hard to forget when a priest says the holy spirit is in his cum.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 08:26 PM   #4407
miami_fan
Coordinator

I just finished watch the Web of Make Believe episode about the murder of Seth Rich on Netflix. I know I heard of Seth Rich but I never dug into the story. OMG! That really happened huh?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 08:51 PM   #4408
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I just finished watch the Web of Make Believe episode about the murder of Seth Rich on Netflix. I know I heard of Seth Rich but I never dug into the story. OMG! That really happened huh?

It was absolutely crazy and was an obsession for months on end of the old "the donald" subreddit. The fact that people started harassing and threatening the family as being part of the deep state or paid off after they came out and asked people to stop using his name for political purposes was insane.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 11:21 PM   #4409
Izulde
Head Coach

Blue Eye Samurai, which is the best show of 2023, and I will literally fight people about that, got renewed for Season 2 a couple days ago, and I am hyped.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 09:10 PM   #4410
stevew
Hall Of Famer

More CarMasters.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 06:30 AM   #4411
Edward64
Head Coach

Netflix spreadsheet on "hours viewed" for ALL its shows in 1H 2023

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/...gin=BROWSELINK
Old 12-15-2023, 11:45 AM   #4412
molson
General Manager

I remember that SNL game show skit about "Ginny and Georgia" being the most watched TV show in the country but none of the contestants ever having heard of it, despite all being TV enthusiasts.

I spend a decent amount of time on Netflix and it's never been recommended to me. Never seen any reference to it anywhere except for that SNL sketch and that spreadsheet of hours watched.

It's kind of fascinating how segmented we are, and how media companies have figured out how to target their content to people in efficient ways.

Last edited by molson : 12-15-2023 at 11:45 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 02:16 PM   #4413
RainMaker
General Manager

The Night Agent being so high is a little surprising. Like it was a decent show but nothing groundbreaking. Also people really got into Suits I guess.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 03:19 PM   #4414
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I remember that SNL game show skit about "Ginny and Georgia" being the most watched TV show in the country but none of the contestants ever having heard of it, despite all being TV enthusiasts.

I spend a decent amount of time on Netflix and it's never been recommended to me. Never seen any reference to it anywhere except for that SNL sketch and that spreadsheet of hours watched.

It's kind of fascinating how segmented we are, and how media companies have figured out how to target their content to people in efficient ways.

I had never heard of that show until I opened up that Excel file and saw it at No. 2. At first, I thought it was that animated show with the two bird women, Tuca and whatever and was really surprised, because I thought that show hadn’t done well.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 08:24 AM   #4415
Edward64
Head Coach

Never got into Warhammer but I'm all for more sci-fi and fantasy shows.

Games Workshop strikes deal with Amazon to make Warhammer 40,000 films and TV shows - MarketWatch
Quote:
Games Workshop on Monday said it has struck an exclusive agreement with Amazon to make films and TV shows set in its Warhammer 40,000 universe in a major deal that could further boost the FTSE 250 company’s meteoric share price performance.

Under the terms of the agreement, Amazon AMZN, +1.73% will be given exclusive rights to produce films and TV series based on the Warhammer 40k wargame, which sees players act out battles using miniature models which cost up to £100 each on tabletops made to look like battlefields.
Quote:
The deal will see Games Workshop and Amazon work together over a 12- month period to agree creative guidelines on which any films or TV series will be based
Old 12-20-2023, 03:02 PM   #4416
GrantDawg

Max might be changing names again. Warner Brothers-Discovery is in merger talks with Paramount. That would bring HBO into CBS-Showtime.
Old 12-22-2023, 04:37 AM   #4417
Edward64
Head Coach

Roadhouse remake next year. Patrick Swayze was never on my top tier of actors but his movies were memorable. Red Dawn, Point Break, Dirty Dancing, Ghost and Road House.

Jake Gyllenhaal is ripped in first look at remake of Patrick Swayze classic ‘Road House’ | CNN
Quote:
Jake Gyllenhaal is taking a tip from the late, great Patrick Swayze and bringing the brawn in the first look at a buzzy new movie.

An Amazon Studios sizzle reel released on Thursday included an intense glimpse Gyllenhaal in “Road House,” the remake due next year of the 1989 action movie starring his “Donnie Darko” costar Swayze.

Comparing Gyllenhaal with Swayze. Someone has been taking their 'roids.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-22-2023 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:56 AM   #4418
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Obliterated is pretty trashy fun. Insane amounts of boobs for a modern show. As well as a bunch of naked dudes also.
Old 01-07-2024, 05:28 PM   #4419
Edward64
Head Coach

Enjoying "The Brothers Sun". Up to ep 4 and keeping my interest. Michelle Yeoh is great. Good MA choreography, comedy etc.

The one thing I don't really like is the movie involves the top guys of a Taiwanese Triad. Show humanizes (?) them and one of them is the protagonist. If Taiwanese Triads are anything like the Chinese/Hong Kong Triads, they don't need to be humanized. I know it's just TV but making top guy in the triad the good guy just seems wrong to me.
Old 01-08-2024, 07:02 AM   #4420
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Did you have the same issue with the Sopranos?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 08:21 AM   #4421
Edward64
Head Coach

No.

That comparison did come up when I was thinking about this and was tossed pretty quick. Sopranos did not try to portray the gangsters as heroes.

The Brothers Sun does have some blurbs about what they don't into (e.g. no human trafficking because the cost-benefit ratio wasn't good) but if the Triad (e.g. biggest in Taiwan) are much worse than just a NJ mob guy.

I'm into ep. 6 now. They are beginning to address my "issue" a little bit more.

I definitely still recommend checking it out. Other than for my "issue" the writing, acting and comedy is pretty good.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-08-2024 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:32 AM   #4422
Edward64
Head Coach

I've been watching some YT archaeology stuff like Neandertals, Denisovans and our lineage Homo Erectus (by the way, anyone find that name funny?).

Some good stuff but unfortunately, my feed is now full of Evolution vs Creationism stuff.

Also, from my earlier interest in Cop Cams, I'm also flooded with a bunch of police stops with Sovereign Citizens. If you guys don't know what that is, it's worth checking out a couple of the videos.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:05 PM   #4423
Edward64
Head Coach

X-Files reboot.

I liked the stand alone episodes but the smoking man & alien arc was too confusing. I was totally lost when watching it first time around. Hope they take it easy on that stuff or at least make it less confusing.

I want more fluke man and inbred families!

Quote:
A recent round-up by Bloomberg confirmed that Disney is working on a reboot of The X-Files. The series will be helmed by Black Panther and Creed filmmaker Ryan Coogler, echoing statements from original series creator Chris Carter earlier in 2023. Per Carter, Coogler’s take on The X-Files will feature “a diverse cast,” but that’s all we know about the revival so far.
Old 01-19-2024, 02:23 PM   #4424
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
My understanding he also knew there was some people on set using live ammo in those guns. That should have never happened on set, and as a producer adds to his culpability. I think involuntary manslaughter is probably about right. I can see him taking a plea and possibly not spending any reaL time in jail as well.
Involuntary manslaughter:
Old 01-24-2024, 11:27 AM   #4425
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished HBO True Detective s1. Great show, hope it keeps up for the other season (unlike Fargo where s3 sucked).

Pretty good acting by Harrelson and McConaughey (although I'd say McConaughey ... overacted?). Easy on the eyes with Alexandra Daddario but very surprised she did the nude scene.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:30 PM   #4426
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Finished HBO True Detective s1. Great show, hope it keeps up for the other season (unlike Fargo where s3 sucked).

Pretty good acting by Harrelson and McConaughey (although I'd say McConaughey ... overacted?). Easy on the eyes with Alexandra Daddario but very surprised she did the nude scene.

Spoiler alert: True Detective Season 2 wishes, in its wildest dreams, it could be as good as Fargo season three.

True Detective S2 is firmly in this "it's so bad, it's kind of good" territory. It's laughably bad.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-24-2024, 01:24 PM   #4427
Edward64
Head Coach

Hah. Should I just skip to s3?
Old 01-24-2024, 01:27 PM   #4428
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I can't say. Because of how bad season 2 was, I skipped season 3. I heard it was decent. I have watched the first episode of Season 4 and I liked it.
Old 01-24-2024, 02:18 PM   #4429
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Season 3 is good and stars Mahershala Ali
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 05:50 PM   #4430
stevew
Hall Of Famer

S3 was really good tv.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:01 PM   #4431
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't even think season 2 was that bad compared to other shows on TV. It was just that season 1 was so good that it made season 2 look so bad in comparison. Still think it's worth a watch. Not like they're crazy long seasons.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:53 AM   #4432
Edward64
Head Coach

Enjoying True Detective s3. Currently on ep 5.

Made me read up on the West Memphis 3.

West Memphis Three - Wikipedia
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/project...spectswm3.html

I'm still not sure if it was a miscarriage of justice, I think so. It does seem there were some flaws in the process and there were recants.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:56 AM   #4433
Edward64
Head Coach

Roadhouse remake looks like a fun movie. Coming to Prime on Mar 21.

I like the Florida Keys setting.

Old 01-28-2024, 10:27 AM   #4434
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Meh, I'm not interested in anything with Connor McGregor.

Also there's no need to remake a classic.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 01-28-2024 at 10:28 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 10:33 AM   #4435
molson
General Manager

They tried to do this remake with Ronda Rousey, but they they saw her act and shut down the whole production.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 01:46 PM   #4436
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

She couldn't even decently acquit herself in the Expendables movie, and those movies are tailor-made for people with limited or no acting range.

Of course, what's worse - getting a decent start like Carano did (i.e. Haywire) and then tossing it away, or never really getting started, e.g. Rousey?

Or maybe build a halfway-decent resume of B-grade action movies and then throw it all away to be Putin's puppet?
Old 01-28-2024, 01:47 PM   #4437
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So, I started watching The Bear, binged it, and oh boy do I get the hype now. That's a fantastic show, even more so if you're from Chicago, love food, and/or both.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:51 PM   #4438
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
She couldn't even decently acquit herself in the Expendables movie, and those movies are tailor-made for people with limited or no acting range.

Yeah, she sucked in the Fast & Furious.

But McGregor looks halfway decent in the Roadhouse trailer.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:24 AM   #4439
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Enjoying True Detective s3. Currently on ep 5.

Finished s3, it was great. s1 story was more intricate (?) but I prefer the slow plodding pace from s3. The reveal wasn't what I expected (e.g. since they referenced s1) so a nice surprise. The last 15 minutes was nice but kinda PO me also at the same time.

On a side note, I really appreciated the era accurate stuff like the cars, computers, phones etc. I saw some greenbar (!) paper printouts which I thought was pretty cool.

So overall, pretty different from s1 but not complaining. Looking forward to s4 with Jodie Foster.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:54 AM   #4440
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
So, I started watching The Bear, binged it, and oh boy do I get the hype now. That's a fantastic show, even more so if you're from Chicago, love food, and/or both.

Wife and I did the same, and while it is very good it isn't on par with some of the other Emmy winning series like Schitts Creek or Ted Lasso.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 06:17 PM   #4441
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I haven't seen either of those. I actually kind of suck at picking up and watching TV series.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:21 PM   #4442
RainMaker
General Manager

Anyone here try Monarch Legacy of Monsters on Apple TV?
Old 01-30-2024, 10:43 PM   #4443
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Been rewatching the NBC series Las Vegas while wife is on work trips. Amazing it is 20 years old. It holds up really well. Lots of fun cameos. Been enjoying it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 11:22 AM   #4444
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

When Amazon said they were going to bring ads to streaming, they were not kidding! It's borderline unwatchable for me now!
Old 02-01-2024, 01:00 PM   #4445
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
When Amazon said they were going to bring ads to streaming, they were not kidding! It's borderline unwatchable for me now!

How many do they show? I've mostly just been downloading stuff and putting on Plex lately. But I was using Prime a lot.
Old 02-01-2024, 01:20 PM   #4446
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Been rewatching the NBC series Las Vegas while wife is on work trips. Amazing it is 20 years old. It holds up really well. Lots of fun cameos. Been enjoying it.

Vanessa Marcil is so hot
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 01:29 PM   #4447
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I like how all the streamers have been removing content, adding ads, and moving 4k to a higher tier while also charging more. Not even sure why we have a 4k TV because everything is just upscaled from a 1080p stream.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 02:28 PM   #4448
GrantDawg

Quote:
That is just not a surprise. That's why we cancelled instead of going to an ad plan. I was on the Hulu ad plan to begin with, and it was also awful. The same ad over and over again, breaking into the show at the worst times. It completely killed my desire to watch, and I determined right then I would go without before I would pay for an ad-laden streamer.

edit: I will just go back to a cheaper plan cable if all the streamers stop offering ad-free plans. At least on cable the ads are planned around the shows, not just cut into many times mid-scene.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-01-2024 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 02:36 PM   #4449
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How many do they show? I've mostly just been downloading stuff and putting on Plex lately. But I was using Prime a lot.

I was watching an old movie last night that was 68 minutes long. From the looks of it they put in 6 or 7 two-plus minutes ad breaks.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:19 PM   #4450
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I was watching an old movie last night that was 68 minutes long. From the looks of it they put in 6 or 7 two-plus minutes ad breaks.

That's nuts. I could sort of understand on a TV show or between episodes. But I don't watch movies with commercials. Ruins the whole experience.