Old 08-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #601
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i stepped it up
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #602
path12
Coordinator

Jack Parkman wishes the results would hurry up, since Jack Parkman's wife is out at book club and Jack Parkman is itching to play FM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #603
KWhit
Coordinator

Jack Parkman makes me laugh.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #604
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Jack Parkman wishes the results would hurry up, since Jack Parkman's wife is out at book club and Jack Parkman is itching to play FM.

jack parkman plays FM? which club does jack parkman support?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #605
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Jack Parkman makes me laugh.

+1
Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #606
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
jack parkman plays FM? which club does jack parkman support?

Jack Parkman is on the brink of taking Notts County to the Premiership. Of course, it is not a surprise due to Jack Parkman's amazing leadership skills.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #607
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hard to believe that Jack Parkman was traded in the second movie if he was as entertaining as this version.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #608
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Hard to believe that Jack Parkman was traded in the second movie if he was as entertaining as this version.

Jack Parkman is never traded. He held out because of the poor quality of the script.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #609
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Here is my vote count:

st.cronin (6)-- DaddyTorgo (401), PurdueBrad (511), hoopsguy (558), MikeVic (559), KWhit (564), Barkeep49 (571)
DaddyTorgo (4)-- path12 (426), Lathum (556), Jonathan Ezarik (560), Gonzo (562)
MikeVic (1)-- st.cronin (377)
Jonathan Ezarik (1)-- Passacaglia (452)

st.cronin has been selected by the team to hit the links early. Writeup coming.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #610
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Single best word I have typed involving this game was "egotistical" in someone's PM description. Resulting hilarity has been very funny to read.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #611
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

note: if cronin is a wolf then it's likely one of the other wolves is on me...particularly at the point where it looked like it was getting close.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #612
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Single best word I have typed involving this game was "egotistical" in someone's PM description.

Jack Parkman hates egotists and wishes they could be as humble as Jack Parkman.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #613
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*Ivan Molina is playing FM*
Old 08-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #614
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Despite the win in last night's action, the clubhouse seemed divided today over the tumultuous loss of the team's two best catchers. There were accusations of some leading others astray and paranoia spread.

A rookie got some early votes for bad word choice. A couple others got votes for taking unpopular stances or being quick to attack. But the team saved its ire for the quickest and most opinionated of them all. And Eddie Harris wasn't about to apologize for it.

"All y'all can kiss my sweet, oily behind," he drawled. Without another word, he packed up his gear, including several bottles of cooking oil, hair gel and a can of jalapenos, and left the clubhouse. With Taylor and Harris gone, the clubhouse is getting younger by the day.

It's also getting less "good". Harris--aka st.cronin--was a simple villager.

NIGHT ACTIONS COMING
Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #615
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aargh
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #616
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
note: if cronin is a wolf then it's likely one of the other wolves is on me...particularly at the point where it looked like it was getting close.

LMAO
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #617
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

let the stone-ing commence if that is the will of my fellow villagers.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #618
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

CRAP!!! I was sure he was a wolf. I'm terrible at this game!!!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #619
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
CRAP!!! I was sure he was a wolf. I'm terrible at this game!!!
Welcome to WW
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #620
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not shocked, and a little relieved that we didn't lose something like the bodyguard.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #621
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Welcome to WW

Thanks, it's fun and yet incredibly frustrating as well! Hopefully we do better tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #622
hoopsguy
General Manager

Glad you are having fun, Purdue. Now please coach us up for the upcoming game.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #623
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, really. I'm thinking I need to walk into the shower room, throw a bunch of bats, and say that "we're all a bunch of lolligaggers." Of course, that's from the wrong film, but we can forgive poor Lou Brown (hmmm, Jack Parkman must be rubbing off on Lou Brown!) some mistakes in his old age.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #624
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Damn. Sorry, cronin.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #625
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Not shocked, and a little relieved that we didn't lose something like the bodyguard.

I'll read more about what happened tomorrow, so if you feel I can find my answer then, you don't have to answer me, but -- why did you have your vote on cronin in the first place, if you were so willing to move it?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #626
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If I die I want it known my reason for voting Cronin early then switching off was to get a reaction from DT and it worked
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #627
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'll read more about what happened tomorrow, so if you feel I can find my answer then, you don't have to answer me, but -- why did you have your vote on cronin in the first place, if you were so willing to move it?

When I voted I had talked myself into believing Torgo over Cronin, based on my Day 1 vote analysis. But I was worried about the movement over to Cronin. And after I realized that he was not going to be back before the deadline I was willing to listen to an argument to go the other way. Not blindly switch - I had plenty of time to do that - but I wasn't locked in come hell or high water.

I still thought there was a better chance Cronin was a wolf than Torgo, but as the deadline approached I was worried we might be shipping off our seer without giving him a chance to tell us what he knew.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #628
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
When I voted I had talked myself into believing Torgo over Cronin, based on my Day 1 vote analysis. But I was worried about the movement over to Cronin. And after I realized that he was not going to be back before the deadline I was willing to listen to an argument to go the other way. Not blindly switch - I had plenty of time to do that - but I wasn't locked in come hell or high water.

I still thought there was a better chance Cronin was a wolf than Torgo, but as the deadline approached I was worried we might be shipping off our seer without giving him a chance to tell us what he knew.

That makes me feel a little better. I was probably in the same boat -- could have been convinced to vote Torgo, but leaning to cronin. I don't feel so responsible for cronin's death anymore -- I doubt I would have been able to form an argument compelling enough to convince you.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #629
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Harry Doyle: That's twelve straight balls from Vaughan, loading the bases. How can these guys keep laying off pitches this close?!?

Fortunately for the Tribe, it's not Harris's turn to pitch. Kettner gets the ball. He is just throwing his warmup pitches when the chop-chop of a helicopter begins to filter into the stadium. Everyone looks up to see a dazzling gold-plated chopper dropping into centerfield! What is this?

The side door opens and Hugh Hefner, followed by five Playboy models, came jumping out. They run over to where Roger Dorn is standing, at third base taking infield.

"This is the moment you have been waiting for, Roger," said Hefner. "I don't have much time left, and I need an heir to all my fortune and fame. I always loved how self-centered and good looking you were while playing the game. With that sort of attitude, you'll fit right into the mansion and be the new face of Playboy!"

With a straight face, Dorn says, "I always knew this would happen to me one day. Let's go, Hef!"

Preening for the cameras one more time (mugging more than the models), Dorn tosses his glove behind his back to Lou Brown, does an "Olé" bow to the crowd (fittingly a practice groundball skipped right past him at that point) and gets into the chopper with Hef.

Apparently, Rachel Phelps was the best lay Hefner ever had, and now she's calling in favors. Dorn has, umm, retired. And MikeVic is out of the game.

After Dorn leaves, the game gets under way. It is a tight one for most of it, as Kettner uses his mediocre stuff to try to keep the Indians in the game.

But this game isn't about Kettner (or Dorn). Pedro is red hot and is showing it. With the score tied, 2-2, in the ninth, Cerrano blasts a shot off of the left field wall for a game-winning double, scoring Tanaka from second.

He is tonight's champion. But the team has lost another of its veteran players.

But all is well when you go to sleep, because the Yanks are shut out by some kid on the Tigers named Verlander. You have tied the Yanks for the division lead!

Will there be a team at the end to enjoy it?

DAY THREE HAS NOW BEGUN.

THE DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, 10 P.M. EST/7 P.M. PDT
Old 08-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #630
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, any role associated with Dorn/MikeVic?

Mike, hope to see you in another game sometime soon.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #631
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well it seems like they are gunning for the seer
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #632
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I'll continue to maintain that talent is not random until given a reason to believe otherwise.

Hef took a second-rater like Dorn and left Parkman? Go figure ...
Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 PM   #633
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
well it seems like they are gunning for the seer

Yep. CR, are roles revealed upon death (or whatever)?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #634
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I guess I'll make enemies by asking this/thinking this out loud. This is the second game in a row that Pedro/Hoops has saved our butt. Why wouldn't the wolves have targeted him on the second night??? I may be off base and I'm not trying to cast a vote against Hoops but obviously knocking out people is more important than making us lose games. If that wolves can play 'nice' for a couple games, they freely get to pick people off. So I guess I'm asking, what possible reason is there for the wolves not having picked Hoops?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #635
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, any role associated with Dorn/MikeVic?

Mike, hope to see you in another game sometime soon.

Regular ballplayer.

I am also now updating the player list in Post #3 (didn't have time yesterday), so you can go there if I forget something in the writeup.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #636
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll go out on the limb early and probably get bitten (hehe, pun intended I guess) later:

vote Hoopsguy
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #637
path12
Coordinator

Hef has nothing on Jack Parkman. His masculinity radiates and actually seems to draw fabulous women to Jack Parkman's side. The Jack Parkman mansion dwarfs the Playboy mansion, plus has 17 life size busts of Jack Parkman, one of which shows Jack Parkman giving bread to starving children.

Jack Parkman dares the wolves to attack. They don't have a chance against such a superhuman specimen as Jack Parkman and they know it.

Now, Jack Parkman must retire to try and replace the disloyal D C that decided to sign with another team.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 PM   #638
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Alright, I guess I'll make enemies by asking this/thinking this out loud. This is the second game in a row that Pedro/Hoops has saved our butt. Why wouldn't the wolves have targeted him on the second night??? I may be off base and I'm not trying to cast a vote against Hoops but obviously knocking out people is more important than making us lose games. If that wolves can play 'nice' for a couple games, they freely get to pick people off. So I guess I'm asking, what possible reason is there for the wolves not having picked Hoops?

They probably picked up on the signs I did that suggested that MikeVic was the seer and took him out instead.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #639
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I think it was because they thought MikeVic was the seer based on his language, allthough the longer hoops lives the more suspicous I become of him.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #640
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

A few of reasons:
1. I can only do it three times
2. If I don't do it, someone else may be more talented than they are
3. Taking out the seer helps protect them during the day, which in turn gives them more shots to mess up the night/game action
4. Potentially concerned that the bodyguard would be on me, given that I was the star last night and was going back to the dish again today
Old 08-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #641
hoopsguy
General Manager

"few of" was originally "couple of", but then I had more reasons - damn no edit rule.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #642
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
"few of" was originally "couple of", but then I had more reasons - damn no edit rule.

"A few of reasons!"

HAHAHAHHAH

You suck!

Nevermind.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #643
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I may be off base and I'm not trying to cast a vote against Hoops

Quote:
I'll go out on the limb early and probably get bitten (hehe, pun intended I guess) later:

vote Hoopsguy

So what changed your mind in that minute that passed between posts?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #644
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, that's cool and I appreciate the candor (wasn't sure if people take offense to being accused/implied). I will definitely be doing a lot of considering/reconsidering between now and tomorrow evening.

I guess the one thing tempting me not to switch, in addition to my thoughts above, is that you have already stepped it up twice, which means that you've only got one left, so it means as this winds down you may only be able to help us one more time. I guess meaning in a sense that you would be a sacrificial lamb rather than risk kicking out a guy that has two or three helps left.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #645
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
So what changed your mind in that minute that passed between posts?

J.E., that's a good question and I hope I answered that in my post just above. Cost/benefit analysis of wrongly knocking off a guy that has two or three helps left vs. the same risk but only losing one help. This was a tough decision because Hoops has been SOOOOO helpful but like I said, I can see the value of helping us win a couple games while freely getting us to pick ourselves off and then picking off yet another through the wolf vote each night. Right now, this is the most sure I've been of anybody over the three days.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #646
st.cronin
General Manager

You people suck at this game.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #647
st.cronin
General Manager

I didn't want to get too much into this, but this has happened to me since the last board upgrade, if I have multiple tabs open in firefox - hit submit, switch tabs before the post goes through, the post doesn't go through until I switch back to the other tab.

Anyway, good luck village.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #648
hoopsguy
General Manager

Purdue, I can appreciate that thought process. The problem is that we don't know how the wolves "step it up" works. Are they trying to get us a loss or are they staying out of the way? The reason we don't know is that I've been able to hit opposing pitching the last two nights.

I would like to have the opportunity to do so again tomorrow night, as I think the chances are pretty good I'll win us another game.

And, if I'm still alive on Day 4, I'll tell you that I'm a villager and that we can't afford to lose any more villagers at that point in the game. Just putting it out there now so you know what to expect. I don't like being voted off by my fellow villagers, as either a wolf or a villager, because either way I've failed.

If there is significant concern about my allegiance, the seer will be able to resolve that for us. I'm not telling him to scan me - go find us a turncoat, please - but putting that out there in case the person who is the seer is concerned about my play.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #649
MikeVic
Head Coach

We can't anything post when dead/lynched, right?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #650
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If hoops is alive day 4 he will have my vote