Mr Bug - 1
bhlloy - 1
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #252
Telle
College Starter

Here's what I have for votes as of post #251:

1 - bhlloy - Narcizo (169)
2 - The Jackal - Darth Vilus (219), Chief Rum (239)
6 - Darth Vilus - The Jackal (181), Telle (211), MrBug (216), jeheinz (230), mauboy (240), hoopsguy (245)
5 - Narcizo - SnDvls (192), ntndeacon (226), bhlloy (242), Danny (247), Autumn (249)
1 - MrBug - Zinto (194)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #253
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

yeah I had flip flopped DV with Jackal an who he voted for
Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #254
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

As the day ended, people were perplexed. Why had there been no flashes of light? What had happened to the cube and who had it? Was Prince Namor good or evil?

To try and answer these questions they felt that Darth Vilus must be put down! As they approachd him, Darth grew angrier and angrier.

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." Darth said.

Fight as he might, Darth now as the Hulk was finally brought down by the combined power of the heroes/villains who had voted for him.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #255
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

A giant explosion occured a short distance away and everyone rushed to the scene. There they found the crumpled dead body of Chief Rum. Nearby was Magneto's crushed helmet with a note attached:

"Lotta good this helmet will do you now.

Your loving children,
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch"

Chief Rum is dead, he was Magneto.

Last edited by Chubby : 08-26-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #256
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

PMs coming shortly.

Last edited by Chubby : 08-26-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #257
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

You guys suck

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #258
Danny
Head Coach

So Hulk good, Magneto bad and Submariner who knows. So basically we are right back where we started from
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #259
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

My pc chose a very bad time to go down. Otherwise I would have switched

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #260
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Adios my comrades in arms!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #261
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Night 2 deadline is Saturday 9pm EST (as I'm off from work and would like to take a slower pace thru the weekend for everyone)
Old 08-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #262
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I assume Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch know each other's identities, and had some sort of powers to find Magneto and kill him? A night action to find him, a day action to attack him, perhaps? That's about the most we know about this game right now, lol.

Hulk's another one who could go either way, but I'm going to assume Hulk and Namor were both good guys. Actually Magneto has been a good guy occasionally, but again I'll assume he's a bad guy. Comic books, everyone.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #263
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote hoops

I'm in a wedding tomorrow and not sure how much I'll be able to contribute. Getting my vote in early.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #264
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
vote hoops

I'm in a wedding tomorrow and not sure how much I'll be able to contribute. Getting my vote in early.

You do know night 2 actions haven't happened yet right?

I'm guessing Hulk was good and Magnito bad....so two good guys down and only one bad guy.

Thoughts on hoe CR was discovered? Was it the cube or was it some hidden connection to his kids? Possible his kids could "search" for him as a night action and then that is how the gained powers to do the kill?

And other theories?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #265
bhlloy
Coordinator

I wonder if it wasn't something to do with CR's "reveal" of what he did with the cube. Maybe one of the previous users caught onto something that he said that they knew was a lie or didn't seem right to them and they were able to kill him based off that? Or maybe he was telling the truth and his death was something to do with the fact that he asked too much of the cube or his request failed?

I find it very hard to believe that the only person that has cube revealed so far gets killed right away and it's a coincidence.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #266
MrBug708
Head Coach

So a list of characters we know and are still alive (assuming they are vital to the story line and not unmanned assistants)
Captain America
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver
Red Skull

Assumptions (Not necessarily in the game)
Thor
Ironman
Nick Fury
Professor X
Wolverine (and other X-Men?)
Spiderman (and Villians?)
Fantastic Four?

Im sure plenty of others? I'm not really a follower of comics, so this is what I gleaned from Wikipedia
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #267
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
So a list of characters we know and are still alive (assuming they are vital to the story line and not unmanned assistants)
Captain America
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver
Red Skull

Assumptions (Not necessarily in the game)
Thor
Ironman
Nick Fury
Professor X
Wolverine (and other X-Men?)
Spiderman (and Villians?)
Fantastic Four?

Im sure plenty of others? I'm not really a follower of comics, so this is what I gleaned from Wikipedia

I think there's a decent chance Chubby focused his character selections around those that have had experiences with the cube.

Probably a reason the sub mariner is in the game and the main reason I actually think he might be bad.

Considering this, I think it's almost certain we have Captain America and Red Skulls. other likely characters are Dr. Doom, Winter Soldier, Hate Monger.

Though I agree having some other big name characters is likely too.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #268
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Interesting results. Still don't know what to make of things but I'm willing to bet that we're going to see a pretty clear polarisation of factions over the weekend.

Seems to me that the five characters we know are/were actually in the game (we don't know Cap or Red Skull are actually in the game. I actually think they might not be) all have questionable loyalties. You'd guess that Magneto is a villain but he's actually been the leader of X-Men for a long time. Scarlet Witch is an Avenger but before that she was in Magneto's Evil Mutant group and the last I checked she was kind of mad and not really on anyone's side. And I don't really think you can characterise the Hulk as a hero or a villain. Although DV's reveal has got to make you think he was a goody.

I imagine Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver had a hunt and kill power so they scan and kill at the same time. Although you would expect that to be a night action rather than a day action, so you have to think that the Cube was involved in that in some way.

I lean to Chief/Magneto having been a villain at the moment and DV/Hulk being good. I think mckerney/Submariner allegiance is still up in the air. I'm not even sure you can conclude that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are heroes even if Magneto was a villain, although I'd lean that way. Maybe the villains have different win conditions to make up for their numbers.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:44 AM   #269
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I'm guessing Hulk was good and Magnito bad....so two good guys down and only one bad guy.

You seem very confident/insistent that Submariner was a hero. Do you have knowledge that that's the case? Like a priest power?
Old 08-27-2011, 04:06 AM   #270
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

This ruleset is going to drive me insane - it seems to be set up to avoid anyone discussing anything in-thread. So bollocks to what the correct play ought to be at this stage, let's discuss things anyway.

We have five votes after DV pretty much revealed as a hero. I suppose you could read his reveal as a standard vanilla villager claim but I find it hard not to draw the conclusion that people voting DV after his reveal are villains while those voting me are heroes. The only fly in the ointment with that theory is that one of the late DV voters has now voted the other late DV voter. So did people ignore/discount DV's reveal? In his position, if I thought Mckerney was a hero I would have claimed Villain rather than Hero as there's slightly better odds in it, so I tend to believe DV's reveal. Doesn't mean the other voters read it that way though. Or that DV hadn't just slipped into standard WW mode.

So there we are. That's that cleared up then.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #271
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
You seem very confident/insistent that Submariner was a hero. Do you have knowledge that that's the case? Like a priest power?

I noticed this too. Sndvls seems awfully sure that Submariner is bad. Frankly, unless someone has inside information, I don't see how you could think he was definitely one way or the other.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 AM   #272
Danny
Head Coach

And I agree with you Narcizo, I usually post as much if not more than anyone, but I really don't think we have much to analyze at this point or say in general. I don't know if it is the best strategy, but it might make the game more fun if we all just come out with our allegiances.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #273
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

After yesterday's battle at Stark Tower, Tony Stark was approached by General Ross asking about the whereabouts of the Red Skull and Captain America.

"I don't know where either of those two. It's really none of my concern." - Tony Stark

"Are you sure? Rumor is that you are Iron Man so you certainly at least know where Captain America is don't you?" - General Ross

"Even if I were Iron Man, which I'm not saying I am or am not given the current environment, I certainly wouldn't tell you. I've seen what you and your cronies have done. I admit to being on the side of good and justice but that is all I'll say" - Tony Stark

With that, a perturbed General Ross looks skyward as what appears to be a... giant brain??? flys overhead. Ross hops in his government vehicle and speeds off in pursuit.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #274
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I wonder if it wasn't something to do with CR's "reveal" of what he did with the cube. Maybe one of the previous users caught onto something that he said that they knew was a lie or didn't seem right to them and they were able to kill him based off that? Or maybe he was telling the truth and his death was something to do with the fact that he asked too much of the cube or his request failed?

I find it very hard to believe that the only person that has cube revealed so far gets killed right away and it's a coincidence.

I tend to agree with this - that I'm not 100% assuming Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in the game even with Chubby's writeup. Or at least, I won't until I see one of them dead or revealed through some kind of player interaction.

I'll continue to believe that Captain America and Red Skull are in the game, however. And while Hulk + Magneto are probably easier to classify on the good/evil spectrum than Submariner, I still don't 100% buy into the notion that Marvel good/bad correlates to faction side here. It would certainly make the game easier if that is the case, but until we get some kind of info on dead people I'll remain unconvinced.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #275
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

A giant explosion alerts you to a great battle waging in the distance. What could that have been about?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #276
hoopsguy
General Manager

I suppose it would make the game more fun if you were on the side that had more people. But if you believe you are on the minority side, I think you would prefer not to have a mass reveal of good/evil.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #277
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

A giant explosion alerts you to a great battle waging in the distance. What could that have been about?

The first BOOOOM was Magneto dying, but there doesn't appear to be any results from this BOOOOM.

I'm going to do some post-digging later today to see if I can find all the events that have occurred and see if we can get some group discussion going to come up with something that might help with voting today.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #278
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
This ruleset is going to drive me insane - it seems to be set up to avoid anyone discussing anything in-thread. So bollocks to what the correct play ought to be at this stage, let's discuss things anyway.

We have five votes after DV pretty much revealed as a hero. I suppose you could read his reveal as a standard vanilla villager claim but I find it hard not to draw the conclusion that people voting DV after his reveal are villains while those voting me are heroes. The only fly in the ointment with that theory is that one of the late DV voters has now voted the other late DV voter. So did people ignore/discount DV's reveal? In his position, if I thought Mckerney was a hero I would have claimed Villain rather than Hero as there's slightly better odds in it, so I tend to believe DV's reveal. Doesn't mean the other voters read it that way though. Or that DV hadn't just slipped into standard WW mode.

So there we are. That's that cleared up then.

I know that right after DV's pronouncement that I dd not believe him. so yes I discounted it as WW speak.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #279
Danny
Head Coach

So I think we can assume Iron Man is in the game?
Old 08-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #280
Danny
Head Coach

And maybe General Ross?
Old 08-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #281
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I tend to agree with this - that I'm not 100% assuming Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in the game even with Chubby's writeup. Or at least, I won't until I see one of them dead or revealed through some kind of player interaction.

I'll continue to believe that Captain America and Red Skull are in the game, however. And while Hulk + Magneto are probably easier to classify on the good/evil spectrum than Submariner, I still don't 100% buy into the notion that Marvel good/bad correlates to faction side here. It would certainly make the game easier if that is the case, but until we get some kind of info on dead people I'll remain unconvinced.

Knowing Chubby, I would guess that characters match their affiliation. I know he's big on back story, and I don't think he would make clearly good / bad characters on the opposite side. Of course there is a whole bunch of flip floppers that could go either way.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #282
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Gack!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #283
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Can't ....
Old 08-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #284
Danny
Head Coach

What?
Old 08-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #285
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Speak.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #286
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Attacked.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #287
Danny
Head Coach

Yes or no, somebody made some sort of mental attack on you and you have to post one word responses only?
Old 08-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #288
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Same ....
Old 08-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #289
Danny
Head Coach

I think that is a yes
Old 08-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #290
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I guess Narcizo is going to vault to top of the "most posts" for this thread
Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #291
Danny
Head Coach

Chubby, are night actions done being processed?
Old 08-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #292
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

... side ...
Old 08-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #293
Danny
Head Coach

Seems Narcizo is saying he was attacked by someone on the same side as him
Old 08-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #294
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

... fool!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #295
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Don't ...
Old 08-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #296
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Chubby, are night actions done being processed?
night phase does not end until 9pm tonight
Old 08-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #297
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

... know ....
Old 08-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #298
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

who.