Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #401
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

There are three of us - and counting CW is dingo, that's four votes, and my switch vote, we basically have five votes against two at this point.

Last edited by mauchow : 02-24-2012 at 09:46 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #402
bhlloy
Coordinator

my reasons for wanting to scan CW, if anyone is interested is that somebody said that he'd been way more vocal after a couple people said he was on their trust list. And I went back and looked at it and that did seem to be the case. So I thought I'd follow that line of thinking. But then I got a bigger ping from you.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #403
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yes, because by some amazing coincidence, you scanned DV day 1, a guy that was lynched Day 2, and someone who hasn't had a shred of interest on him day 3 (which, oh, was supposed to be me at first).

I think not.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #404
bhlloy
Coordinator

oh, well if that's true then that really fricking sucks

so if game over JAG can call it and put us out of our misery?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #405
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh. So there really are three wolves, mau?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #406
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

If so, yeah, you're all fucked.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #407
bhlloy
Coordinator

lol. typical I make my only great read ever in WW and still lose
Old 02-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #408
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Yes, because by some amazing coincidence, you scanned DV day 1, a guy that was lynched Day 2, and someone who hasn't had a shred of interest on him day 3 (which, oh, was supposed to be me at first).

I think not.

yeah, doesn't sound like it matters though
Old 02-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #409
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, there are three wolves now after you hit on your first night.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #410
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
yeah, doesn't sound like it matters though

I wasn't sure till after I posted and saw mau confirm the 2nd wolf I didn't know about.

Yeah, I'm Dingo, and got amazingly lucky day 1. Converted on the first hit.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #411
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Great job thought CW coming out like that. We had an order to NK you tonight but switched later on. Still probbaly would have come out on top but it certainly made things easier today.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #412
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. I ALMOST fake revealed yesterday to draw out the seer, but I figured I could stand waiting one more day.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #413
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alrighty, no reason to drag this out...
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #414
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Mass confusion fills the group. Two people stand up and claim to be Sir Bedevere amidst much shouting. Eventually the one named Coffee Warlord appears to have the most support and bhlloy is showered with rocks until he lays lifeless on the ground. Unfortunately (for the two left on the side of good), you realize now this was the true Sir Bedevere you have killed.

Then Autumn, who you only now realize is Sir Galahad, steps up to henry296 and says, "Nice try, but your sister was quicker." With a single blow, he puts his sword through Zoot's heart. mauboy1 laughs with a ridiculous French accent and ntndeacon runs over to Darth Vilus yelling, "Ni! Ni!" until he can take no more.

The forces of Evil have triumphed! Game over!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #415
bhlloy
Coordinator

I am so pissed right now. At least this didn't get dragged out all weekend
Old 02-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #416
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

NTN, huh. I was close. I had it between him and henry, actually, but I was leaning towards henry.

In case you didn't know, mauboy, you were the wolf I knew about from the start.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #417
bhlloy
Coordinator

great game wolves
Old 02-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #418
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Not sure how well we do if it's just me and ntn for a few nights before a convert.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #419
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We got horribly, horribly lucky.

And it was unfortunate Autumn, a common early target for, well, everything, was Galahad. After that, it was basically a cakewalk.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #420
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Yep, I was semi surprised Zinto didn't put an order in to change up the lynch but... that's the toughest job to have, especially at this point
Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #421
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

However, I find I must say this.

SPANK ME, AUTUMN. SPANK ME LONG AND HARD.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #422
bhlloy
Coordinator

If he didn't have a read on anyone (and I don't see why he would at that point) it's a pointless exercise.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #423
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks to everyone for playing. Not the best effort from the village in my opinion, but so it goes. Some notes:

1. Autumn must've had a good tip-off post that he was Galahad, as both henry and CW scanned him night 1. CW was quicker by 15 minutes, so they got the conversion instead of both being taken out of the game.

2. Even though it was indicated to Autumn in the conversion PM that CW was Dingo, he must have missed or forgotten that information. The other wolves didn't know who CW was and he ended up being their second choice for a kill night 2 and the primary choice for a kill night three before mau switched things up and suggested Zinto instead, believing he might be the seer (instead, he just had some good reads).

3. Autumn was correct that I threw that tidbit he highlighted in the rules because I was contemplating a seerless game when the total people that had signed up was 11 (9v, 2w or maybe 8v 1n 2w). After a couple more joined, I went with almost the exact configuration Danny put out day 1. I thought it was pretty well-balanced, but the wolves got off to a fantastic start with the killing of the BG and getting their conversion N1 and basically never looked back.

Last edited by JAG : 02-24-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #424
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Jesus, you guys never knew who I was? I had actually asked JAG, once I successfully converted, if Autumn knew. He told me so, so I'd been playing under the assumption the wolves were in on the fun at that point.

Hell, THAT puts a whole new spin on things. I seriously was reading into Autumn's posts for subtle hints on who is okay to vote for (since I only knew one of the two original wolves), and I actually thought he was subtly urging me to reveal as seer. Which, I had planned to do anyway.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-24-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #425
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I thought it was pretty well-balanced, but the wolves got off to a fantastic start with the killing of the BG and getting their conversion N1 and basically never looked back.

And now you must die, too! Sorry.

Jag Dead
Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #426
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, yeah, that's a big miss on Autumn's part. He even said at one point he wasn't completely with it for a bit. HEheh.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #427
bhlloy
Coordinator

I thought the village played very poorly. We fell into the trap we always do of getting a couple of candidates for no good reason and voting them over and over again. I'm definitely guilty of that, I voted CR all 3 days at one point I think (although day 3 was to try and protect DV who I knew was good)

Wolves got lucky with the day 1 conversion but still, there was no heat on them at all. I don't think we even had a single vote on one of them the whole game. Very poor.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #428
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Zinto was into us. I was voting wolves too.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #429
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

man what a horrible game for us. I don't think many people here know your playing style, Coffee. Good game. Mauboy was SOOOO pinging me. He's never that quiet.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #430
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And now you know why I always go after Autumn, because I'm usually right about him.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #431
henry296
College Starter

Dang. The conversation with Autumn about which neutral roles were in the game was the reason I scanned him on night one. Should've put that order in right away and then changed it later if necessary.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #432
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, I missed a lot!

I can't believe I somehow missed being told CW was Dingo. WTF.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #433
Autumn
Head Coach

Ah, I see. Yes, I think I was confused early on because I just had it in my head that a wolf had converted me. It wasn't until last night or today that it clicked that the converter was the sorceror, not the wolf. So I had ignored the name in teh original PM, thinking it was one of the wolves, and then when it clicked today I thought I didn't know who the sorceror was.

That would have made things easier. So the gold medal goes to Mauboy who suggested Zinto as the night kill over CW. I actually thought Chief might be Dingo, and that was why he wasn't fighting being the lynch target repeatedly.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #434
Autumn
Head Coach

I really thought there might not be a seer in the game. I don't think I mentioned it as heavily as a villager, because I thought it better if the wolves didn't think strongly about that. But as a new wolf it aligned well with a desire to just keep Chief on the chopping block.

JAG, where was I wrong with my numbers? I thought we were done "last" night.

I had Henry pegged as Zoot at least, which was a real bonus for the wolves, because we knew we just had to avoid him dying, as a neutral.

CW, that was a fantastic play to reveal, perfect play at that point. A lot of times I find sorcerors don't do enough to help the wolves, but that was good.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #435
Autumn
Head Coach

What made you guys scan me as Galahad? I wasn't trying to tip anyone off.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #436
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*sigh* I have no idea why Autumn went scot free after his day 2 "reveal". He was just frothing over Chief's fake reveal in the previous game so it seemed obvious that's what he was doing. Zinto you picked up on that but really Autumn seemed to be invisible day 3.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #437
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, Danny was leading the charge and we killed him. I think a lot of people didn't quite buy the reveal, but it wasn't flagrant enough to garner a vote. I think it helped that I didn't reveal under great pressure.

Luckily I was a wolf at that point. It would have sucked to have been a pure Galahad and not be able to reveal because I'd just get screwed that night.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #438
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

CW, that was a fantastic play to reveal, perfect play at that point. A lot of times I find sorcerors don't do enough to help the wolves, but that was good.

Not to dump on his play or anything, and there may be something I missed but a) it didn't matter in the scheme of the game and b) if there were only 2 wolves as he thought, it actually could/would have lost the game for the wolves

EDIT - nm, nothing to see here. I forgot CW wasn't the second wolf and there would have been another one out there. So yeah, not a bad play in the grand scheme of things

Last edited by bhlloy : 02-25-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #439
bhlloy
Coordinator

I also missed in my calculations earlier the fact there was a brutal. With 3 wolves and 4 villagers the game was basically over before today even started, no?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #440
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

We got raped. No doubt about that

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #441
Zinto
College Starter

Rough game for the village. Why CF night one?
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #442
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JAG, where was I wrong with my numbers? I thought we were done "last" night.

You missed that both Dingo and Zoot counted as villagers for purposes of win ratio.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #443
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I also missed in my calculations earlier the fact there was a brutal. With 3 wolves and 4 villagers the game was basically over before today even started, no?

Technically the game wasn't over from a ratio standpoint (let's say ideally you could've voted off both non-brutal wolves before ntn last). With the sorceror and mau's vote switch, the wolves had numbers on their side to force a win, but they weren't aware that CW was Dingo so I didn't want to call it immediately. After CW made his last play (which I thought was perfectly timed...give the wolves the means to get rid of the seer, worst case a wolf doesn't get voted off more than likely, if there were only two wolves left), the wolves knew he was Dingo at that point because he listed ntn as good. Then Mau laid out their path to a win in-thread and I felt there was no point in keeping the game going.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:06 AM   #444
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Rough game for the village. Why CF night one?

This sounds comical after seeing CR get heavily voted D2 + D3 but it was in part because they thought someone on the block D1 wouldn't be up there on future days (and partially they suspected he might have a role).
Old 02-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #445
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So lets say the wolves kill CW instead of Zinto N3. There would be four actual villagers left, so they would have the numbers, but the wolves would have a vote switch in hand. bhlloy comes out and pegs Mau as a wolf. If Zinto realizes he has to duke it to Mau, the wolves kill bhlloy that night. So then it's 3-2 and probably Autumn gets lynched seeing as Zinto had been after him. Then DV probably has to choose between ntn and Henry to get the win.

Not a guaranteed win for the village in that scenario, but there was a somewhat reasonable chance had the NK not been changed in the last hour.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #446
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
We got raped. No doubt about that

eh it's more like the village raped itself :P

I mean Jackal? REALLY? What the hell!
Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #447
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I was very quiet because the village was doing a great job by themselves.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #448
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I was very quiet because the village was doing a great job by themselves.

LOL uh huh But even when that happens you are always going off on your own tangents.

Ya know, you are becoming the new Jackal with how many times you are a wolf, mau.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #449
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
What made you guys scan me as Galahad? I wasn't trying to tip anyone off.

Nothing you did. I just picked someone I don't like playing against.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #450
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You missed that both Dingo and Zoot counted as villagers for purposes of win ratio.

Reading fail #2, I could have sworn it said dingo did *not* count as a villager. Damn. Galahad was really a net loss for the village no matter what.