Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports > "One And Done" Challenge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-24-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Pass's One and Done Thread

I'm still at step zero right now: loading the save game. Quik suggested that I use his frfoot.fgr file, which I think I was already doing -- it's a lot like mine, FOFL based, except his team, Chesapeake, is actually called White Rock in his file. Weird.

It occurred to me that maybe I need to patch to 6.1a for this to work. Trying that now.

Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Passacaglia
Coordinator

No luck -- back to the drawing board.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Doh -- I needed to extract to universe, not leagues. Loaded up now.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, finally getting started on this. Looks like I don't have the #1 pick in every round. I guess Oakland went 0-16 also. Figures. Anyway, time to wheel and deal.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I do some interviews -- basically the top 60 guys, but I reach down to be sure I interview a couple FBs and TEs. Nothing special.

My next move is trading down. I deal down to #2, getting Oakland's 3(1) in the process. I'm hoping to god they don't take T Bryan Clemons, since he looks like a stud. So why don't I just draft him now? I dunno.

Oakland takes...QB Roy Harrison! I didn't expect a QB to go that high, but now I'm worried. There's not much QB talent in this draft, and 3 of the top 4 came in as overrated -- the only one who didn't was Peter Briggs. I really want both Clemons and Briggs, but I think that will cost me too much.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:50 AM   #6
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So I trade down with the other Bay area team, San Francisco, moving to #3, and getting their 3(3). San Fran needs a QB even more than Oakland does, but unlike Oakland, they need a tackle. They go with...QB Myron Mason! The good news is that both Briggs and Clemons are there, so I can trade down again. The bad news is....well, I still want them both!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I press my luck, trading down to #4 with Atlanta. I give them my 1(3) and my 3rd next year, and get their 1(4) and 2(4). They have a good LT, so I hope they won't take Clemons, and an 11/51 2nd year QB, so I hope they don't take Briggs.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow. Atlanta selects QB Malcolm Sweeney -- I was thinking I could have lived with him. Okay, it's time to pull the trigger and get Briggs, I think.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:56 AM   #9
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I trade a mess of picks (7th this year, 1st and 4th next year, 2nd and 3rd in two years) to get Clemons at 5.