Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Note for all: New file generated with new 1869 Draft Class

I am going to release a new file this morning that will include a revised draft pool. Thanks to the discovery that having a feeder league will preclude us from having good SP released natively, I went ahead (just now) and finally killed off STREP. I enjoyed the concept immensely, but...it wasn't working as intended (and all indications are, it's not going to be fixed in OOTP14 fwiw) and so, I just thought I ought to allow the game to generate draft classes for us with more balance.

TL;DR: I'm putting up a new file. If you people need an extra day to get your draft classes together, you'll let me know on Monday and I can push it back to Tuesday. Whatever works.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If you already exported, you'll need to do so again. Amended file is up.

Also, the draft order in-game is NEVER correct because I have to do it manually since we generate our draft order outside of the game for lottery teams. So ignore that. (For the new people or oldsters who don't remember...)
Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Just curious about this....

With the 1st file that included draft class, I was able to view the draft pool, or all batters or all pitchers as ONE SCROLLABE PAGE, which I could scroll through, and print as a single document.

With this new file, and with the previous several drafts, when I view the pool, I'm viewing single pages of a group of many pages. When you scroll, you scroll through each individual page, instead of just scrolling all the way down a single page.

This is a problem when printing, because you can only print one of these pages at a time, and each page only has 22 players (instead of printing one document with all the players).

Am I missing something here?

FWIW, draft pools in my other leagues list as one single scrollable page, instead of many individual pages.

F*CK SUBBY

Last edited by Gomer : 02-16-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
Just curious about this....

With the 1st draft class, I was able to view the draft pool, or all batters or all pitchers as ONE SCROLLABE PAGE, which I could scroll through, and print as a single document.

With this new file, and with the previous several drafts, when I view the pool, I'm viewing single pages of a group of many pages. When you scroll, you scroll through each individual page, instead of just scrolling all the way down a single page.

This is a problem when printing, because you can only print one of these pages at a time, and each page only has 22 players (instead of printing one document with all the players).

Am I missing something here?

FWIW, draft pools in my other leagues list as one single scrollable page, instead of many individual pages.

Shortlist: Page Selector / No scroll bars - OOTP Developments Forums

The first draft pool only had several hundred players in it. To generate a draft class that had at least some depth, I had to force generate about 1000 players, those whom will mostly be deleted after the draft unless they're signed because having that much FA bloat really increased file size over time.

So when the draft pool is big like that, the game apparently forces you to page tab even if you don't want to. Apparently a known OOTP issue.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-16-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the draft order:

1869 DRAFT ORDER
1. Portland
2. New York
3. Wyoming
4. Washington
5. Memphis
6. Carolina
7. Cleveland
8. Lake Tahoe
9. Los Angeles (via Joplin)
10. Cuyahoga
11. Washington (via Los Angeles)
12. Chicago
13. Rio Grande
14. Denver
15. Wyoming (via St. Louis)
16. Columbus
17. Las Vegas
18. Brooklyn
19. Winnemucca
20. Gettysburg

2ND ROUND
2.9 Lake Tahoe (via Grand Rapids)
2.11 Washington (via Los Angeles)
2.15 Lake Tahoe (via St. Louis)
2.17 Washington (via Las Vegas)
2.20 Lake Tahoe (via Gettysburg)

3RD ROUND
3.9 Lake Tahoe (via Grand Rapids)
3.15 Lake Tahoe (via St. Louis)

4TH ROUND
4.17 Washington (via Las Vegas)
4.20 Denver (Via Gettysburg)

5TH ROUND
5.17 Washington (via Las Vegas)

6TH ROUND
6.3 St. Louis (via Wyoming)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-16-2013 at 12:33 PM.