Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports > "One And Done" Challenge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
Subby
lolzcat

White Rock Chili Dogs - Post Mortem

First - our challenge score:

Winning %: 92-88 (.511) x 100 = 51 points

Total Number of wins: 92 = 92 points

0 conference wins, 0 championships = 0 points

Total Score: 143
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
Subby
lolzcat

Our four first rounders.

1.2 QB Peter Briggs

MVP: 2013-2015
OPoY: 2013-2015
1st Team QB: 2012-2015
2nd Team QB: 2011, 2016

All time league leader in QB rating, passing yards, passing td

Still has a few seasons left in him, too.

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

1.22 Sammie Newman

1st team all leage WR 2011, 2013-2015

All time league leader in receiving yards, receiving td, kickreturn yards, kickreturn td, all purpose yards, 100 yd receiving games, passes dropped, 2nd all time in receptions

Old 12-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
Subby
lolzcat

1.28 Jerry Reeves

All league first team WR 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016
All league second team WR 2014, 2017

All time league receptions leader, 2nd all time in receving td, targets, 100 yd receiving games, 3rd all time receiving yards

Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

1.30 O.J. Winters

2008 Offensive RoY
2014 2nd team all league RB

3rd all time rushing yards, yards per carry

Old 12-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
Subby
lolzcat

Single Game Records

Career Records

Old 12-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #7
Subby
lolzcat

If I had to do it over again

I feel pretty good about the Briggs - Reeves - Newman trifecta. If I am playing to win Bowl games I probably need to get some better defense in there. Maybe forego OJ Winters and grab some CB help. Another approach I would have liked to try would be to convert all of my picks into as many first rounders as possible and only use those - then just URFA the other open slots. It seemed I was still ridiclously successful in this challenge with just a few good key players and roster full of suck elsewhere. Maybe if we had added a shutdown corner, pass rushing DE and run stuffing MLB to the mix we would have been even better.

Thanks to QS for devising this - it was fun.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:50 AM   #8
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Now that you're done, I'm opening up the other "done" threads to you. My team featured the same foursome as yours. Studs, all of them.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
My team featured the same foursome as yours. Studs, all of them.
Hah - that's pretty funny

Old 12-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
korme
Go Reds

If you had foregone Winters, I think I picked up P. Esquivel in the 3rd round and he ended up being around 60/60, had a 2,000 yard season to boot.
korme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:04 AM   #11
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Hah - that's pretty funny

I only got three of them as I made a bit of a hash of my trading and only had three first round picks and didn't think OJ Winters would last until the 2nd round (playing a lot more than MP than SP will do that to you). Newman went before I could grab him, although Reeves was a decent enough consolation prize. I guess having both would be better.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In mine, Reeves was alright, but the worst of my top 2 WR, RB, QB combo.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #13
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

The lack of serious competition in the roster made Reeves an absolute beast for me. I can't normally get a receiver past around 1,300 yards or so but Reeves had 4 or 5 seasons with over 1,500 yards to his name.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #14
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Newman started off as my flanker, but I flip-flopped them later on, because Newman's ratings declined more quickly than those of Reeves. They ended up with very similar overall numbers. Both ended up having at least one outstanding year. Their best were...

Reeves: 99 catches, 1570 yards, 10 TDs (2016)
Newman: 99 catches, 1717 yards, 18TDs (2009)

For their careers:

Reeves: 765 catches, 11462 yards, 114 TDs, 4 all-pros, 2nd all-time receptions, 1st all-time receiving touchdowns
Newman: 723 catches, 11807 yards, 109 TDs, 3 all-pros, 3rd all-time receptions, 2nd all-time receiving touchdowns
Old 01-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
Tasan
College Starter

I only had Reeves from the magical quad-fecta, and he was a stud because of it. He'd get 200 passes thrown his way regularly, and catch almost 70% of them usually.