Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports > "One And Done" Challenge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
Tasan
College Starter

Season Six (2013)

Nothing to do at the beginning of the season, all coaches and the scout are signed. We have a lot of work to do in FA1 though, as we only have 15 people signed.

Everyone signs by week 10 of FA1, so no worries. All our picks go to the Giants again. We actualy had the worst NFC record last year, so we had to go with the second worst team. Sigh.

The trade gives the Giants back to back picks in every round. I love it when I have that in at least one round.

Got another trade offer for Patchet. Man he's in demand. Its a 4th rounder again. Deleted.

WR Jerry Reeves is up to 66/66 now. And of course, in late FA he decides to hold out. I have plenty of cap space and his contract is up anyway, so I renegotiate an extension. I also resign the 5 guys who's contracts end after this season. All but 2 are signed at least through next year, with most signed for 3 seasons. That should probably take us through the end of the challenge.

Post TC, two of our stars show significant decline. LT Clemons is down to 80/80, and CB Granados is down to 66/66. This team is probably not going to be good this year.

I think about changing offense, but stick with Smash Mouth.

We have a real nice game to end the preseason, giving us some hope.

Holy cow! Week one, we are 9 point dogs to Washington. What do we do? Win 52-38, our best offensive output ever. This is win #21. McG throws 3 TDs and McM runs for 2, and the D throws in one as well. Okay, now this season has my interest...

Week 5 brings us to the Giants, and we come away with a 26-20 win for #22. McG dominates the game with 3 TDs and McM runs well to complement him.

We have to wait til week 13 to get our next win, 28-17 over TB. This is our 23rd win overall. Bass kicks 7 FGs to carry us, and our running game comes back alive with the return of our FB.

And we continue to sink. 3-13 this year, with a shot at 4-12 in the final week agains 2-13 SD. We are 1 point favorites, but get blown away 42-10. That pretty much summed up the season. The first game gave us false hope, and that hope was quickly shattered as we stumbled our way to our worst season since the first. We had our stud CB out for about half the season, so that didn't help, but I don't think it really killed us much, either.

No awards for anyone this year. McG continued his fall from his best season, two years ago. Reeves held his own despite it, catching over 100 passes for over 1300 yards, but for only 6 TDs. McM was slowed by injury early, and only got to 800 yards, his lowest since his rookie year. K Bass had his best season in total FGs, but his % was down. We got NO pressure on the QB, with our sack leader having 3.0. Connell continues to be a solid CB, nabbing 5 picks this year with almost an 80 PD%. SS Kinney led the team in tackles though, so that about sums up the D. I think you can officially stick a fork in this team, we will probably never sniff 6 wins again.

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote