Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports > "One And Done" Challenge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
Tasan
College Starter

Season Eight (2015)

No retirements, which was a suprise. I mean, I have a 5/5 DT that hasn't played in at least 2 years hanging around. I also got the infamous "The owner says to get better or hit the road" email this season. To tell the truth, I expected it a LOT earlier.

Our scout's contract is up, so we offer to renew him. He resigns for the max we can offer him on the first week.

Everyone is under contract, so outside of some extensions we have nothing to do til camp, besides trade off our picks. St. Louis gets our picks this year, with their 2-14 year. Nothing else happens til camp.

LT Clemons continues his steady fall, he's now 73/73. Reeves bumped up again, to 68/68. McG and McM seem to have held their bars okay, and their overalls stayed the same also. We only have 4 guys left over 50.

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Tasan
College Starter

Week 4 seems to be our week. We get win #26 over Carolina 20-17. McG and Reeves are stellar, and McM runs for 2 TDs. The D throws in 5 sacks, and Bass kicks the game winner with 4 seconds left. Another typical barely scrape by win for us.

In week 5 we get our first back to back win in years, 24-12 over Tampa (#27). Reeves is superman (get it?), catching 12 passes for 183 and a TD. McG and McM are both good as well, and our D holds TB to nothing but FGs.

In week 10, WR Slusarczyk suffers his second long term injury of his career, this time should take him out. He's got the dreaded degenerative hip. Right now he's only a 12/12 as it is. It says he won't be back for 2 years, but I bet he retires after this one.

Well, we seem consistant at this point, as we pick up our third win of the season (28th overall) in week 14. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to get there this season. We down NE 34-31 behind McG's best throwing day. He's 32 of 44 for 414 yards and 3 TDs, with only 1 pick. Reeves catches 13 of them for 175, and amazingly we have a second WR with over 100 yards, Okobi. McM had a decent day too, so we were really clicking on the offense. Looking at the log, we come back with 6 minutes to got from down 14. We tie the game with 43 seconds left, and win the game with 1:23 left in OT on a Bass FG, after NE misses a 40 yard FG attemp in OT. Whew.

In our last game of the season, we pick up win #29, 17-13 over Philly. We jump to a 14-3 lead in the 1st half, and coast to the win with good defense. McG was efficient at best, and the sum total of the running game was okay. 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles helped us along.

4-12 on the season. A slight improvement, but nothing to write home about. I'm guessing we'll have at least 2-3 retirements, maybe more.

WR Reeves continues to amaze. This year, he grabbed 129 catches for 1782 yards and 15! TDs. By far the best season of his career, and I'll have to look it might be the best the league has seen. For all his hard work, he walks away with second team WR. McG has a pretty decent season, throwing almost 3400 yards and 19 TDs with only 17 picks. DE Brody got back into double digit sacks with 11. McM got back over 4 YPC and almost got to 1000 yards. All in all, not too bad, but we just cannot keep from getting blown out. Our defense is terrible, with maybe a better line or LBs we might be decent.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

Checking the single season records, this was the best season for a WR ever in the league. And it only got him a second team, for shame.