Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #251
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Sorry for your loss samifan.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #252
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yuck, I still miss my golden, they are awsome dogs.

6 is too young, RIP Duke
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #253
samifan24
Pro Starter

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #254
Castlerock
High School Varsity

So sorry Samifan.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #255
McLovin
Mascot

Not an everyday poster but need to vent. I brought my 17 year old male cat Max to the vet to have his mats cut off. Older cats get matted hair on the back because they stop cleaning themselves and it is painful to them. The vet gave him a lion cut and did some blood tests.The next day he calls to say Max has blood in his urine and has thyroid problems and he is going to put him on medicine. He wanted to keep him another night.
This morning he calls and says Max is looking bad and I should put him down.He would call back in an hour. I speak to another vet and he says to try the medication first before putting him down. The cat is not in any pain so I agreed. I then went to my vet to tell him and he comes up to me and said Max is dead. He lets me see him and he's still warm.How the fuck do you bring in a cat to get shaved and two days later he is dead? I don't get it. I'm driving home crying like a little girl.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #256
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Not an everyday poster but need to vent. I brought my 17 year old male cat Max to the vet to have his mats cut off. Older cats get matted hair on the back because they stop cleaning themselves and it is painful to them. The vet gave him a lion cut and did some blood tests.The next day he calls to say Max has blood in his urine and has thyroid problems and he is going to put him on medicine. He wanted to keep him another night.
This morning he calls and says Max is looking bad and I should put him down.He would call back in an hour. I speak to another vet and he says to try the medication first before putting him down. The cat is not in any pain so I agreed. I then went to my vet to tell him and he comes up to me and said Max is dead. He lets me see him and he's still warm.How the fuck do you bring in a cat to get shaved and two days later he is dead? I don't get it. I'm driving home crying like a little girl.

Terribly sorry to hear about this man. We had a major scare a couple years ago with our first cat and I know for a fact I'd be in your shoes if he hadn't made it. Cats are crazy, they don't rely on us like dogs but still find a way to be our companions.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #257
PilotMan
Head Coach

Wow, that is so sad. I am so sorry for you. What an emotional experience to have to deal with.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #258
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

thats awful.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #259
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Fuck that, man. I would be beyond pissed at that Vet. That whole scenario screams of foul play, like the Vet screwed something up and now he's hoping to cover his ass with "thyroid bloodwork" or some crap.

Aside from the being pissed off part, I'm sorry for your loss McLovin. If that happened to me, I'd be inconsolable for weeks.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #260
BYU 14
Coordinator

Damn so sorry McLovin, that is just terrible, I really feel for you.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #261
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Sorry McLovin, I feel ya. I have two cats, both rescues and I plan on having them hopefully for 17 years, but I would be torn at losing them now.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #262
McLovin
Mascot

Thanks guys. Yeah Sun Tzu, that thought crossed my mind. The vet said Max was giving him a hard time while he was shaving him. I hope he didn't hurt him or maybe Max couldn't take the stress . I don't know. Again, thanks guys.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #263
Radii
Head Coach

Hate it when this thread gets bumped Sorry to hear man.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #264
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

Now that is some f'd up stuff. So sorry man.. I don't think I'd ever visit that vet ever again.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #265
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Sorry to hear of your loss McLovin. It's tough enough in normal circumstances without having to wonder what happened.

Agree with DanGarion, cats may not connect in the same way as dogs but my in my experience they do become just as much a part of the family. Concentrate on the good times and take comfort knowing you gave Max a good life.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #266
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Sorry McLovin
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #267
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dammit the last thing I ever wanted to do was post here, but I just found we lost one of the Pups from our two Min Pins.

We had one litter and they all went to good homes (people we know) and were all well taken care of. I just got a Facebook message from our friend that got one of the males.

She was stopped at a light and he jumped out of the window because he saw a Dog on the corner (Min Pins jump on and off of anything) and a Car drove by and hit him. She jumped out and he was already dead when she got to him, only 4 years old.

My female had trouble with her labor and I sat with her for hours keeping her calm through the delivery and grew really attached to all those Pups before they went to their new homes and several of them (including MXL) came and visited after they left and he was always so friendly and energetic!

There is small consolation knowing he was in an awesome home for his short life and loved as much as we love our Dogs, but I am still pretty broken up right now. I just don't do well at all with this kind of shit when it comes to pets.......

RIP MXL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MXL.jpg (3.6 KB, 191 views)
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #268
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I always hate when this thread gets bumped.

Sorry for your losses, fellas.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #269
McLovin
Mascot

Sorry to hear BYU. RIP MXL.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #270
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

So sorry BYU to you and MXL's owner what a tragedy.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #271
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm so sorry, BYU. RIP MXL.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #272
General Mike
Pro Starter

Sorry for your losses McLovin and BYU
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #273
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I always hate when this thread gets bumped.

Sorry for your losses, fellas.

Me to.. it makes me want to surf another site.

Sorry for your loss too, BYU.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #274
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sorry about the loss of the puppy
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #275
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Remember Dozier, the chocolate lab who was put to sleep? His brother Chase, the black lab, passed away this morning getting his morning sun. I was leaving to head out to my mom's house and I noticed he didn't perk up when I was leaving.. I got out of the car and I could tell he wasn't breathing.

Looks like he passed away peacefully though. Miss you Chase!

Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #276
molson
General Manager

That was tough to read, but that's also a beautifully epic way for a dog to pass on. RIP Chase.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #277
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That was tough to read, but that's also a beautifully epic way for a dog to pass on. RIP Chase.

Thanks.. his nickname was 2pac because he had been shot once, almost died of heat exhaustion and was just a really old dog that managed to keep living life. He kept our street safe from stray dogs and unknown people.

He never came in unless it was 90+ degrees and lived in the garage. His owners left him and his brother at their house when they moved out, so we took them under our wing.

He never bit anyone, but he scared the shit out of strangers.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #278
Castlerock
High School Varsity

So sorry to hear.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #279
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Rest in peace Chase
Old 05-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #280
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

So sorry to hear MR I know Chase had a great life in your family.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #281
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I hate this thread...

RIP Chase (aka 2Pac)

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #282
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

RIP Chase. Go run with your brother Dozier.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #283
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I see this thread bumped and I am ready to start crying. Chase sounds like a good dog who was surrounded by love.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #284
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I see this thread bumped and I am ready to start crying.

This. This thread is the worst. I know someday in the next couple years I'll be posting in here.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #285
Dreghorn2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
This. This thread is the worst. I know someday in the next couple years I'll be posting in here.

This as well.

Sad but good thread.

RIP Chase.
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #286
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks everyone.. it's weird not seeing him. We still have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I think we are done with new animals though.. very tough on the heart.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #287
General Mike
Pro Starter

sorry for your loss MizzouRah
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #288
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
sorry for your loss MizzouRah

Thanks GM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #289
BYU 14
Coordinator

So sorry for your loss MizzouRah, it is so heart wrenching whenever this thread gets bumped.

RIP Chase
Old 05-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #290
samifan24
Pro Starter

RIP Chase.

Sorry for your loss, MizzouRah.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #291
path12
Coordinator

Chiming in to say RIP Chase.

My 12 year old girl Lola tried to come over to get petted last night and couldn't quite get her hips off the floor right away. It made me think of this thread and sad that her time is starting to wind down.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #292
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Sad thread for sure!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #293
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

What a horrible month.. we had to put our 7 year old Golden to sleep tonight.. he had 9 seizures in the past two days and the medicine just wasn't working anymore.

He could barely walk, needed help getting up and just wasn't living a comfortable life.

I've been crying all night so take care everyone and I know Benny is up in heaven running free of any seizures.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #294
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My condolences Mizzou. Goldens are tough as they get older for sure.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #295
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
My condolences Mizzou. Goldens are tough as they get older for sure.

Thanks DT.. such a lovable dog and full of life.. then BAM one day just starts having seizures. Crazy... went on for a year and a half and our vet said in some cases you just can't keep them controlled.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 05-29-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #296
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Our golden had the same thing. He was a great dog. Sorry for the loss.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #297
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Our first days with him...

Thanks Lathum..

Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #298
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
What a horrible month.. we had to put our 7 year old Golden to sleep tonight.. he had 9 seizures in the past two days and the medicine just wasn't working anymore.

He could barely walk, needed help getting up and just wasn't living a comfortable life.

I've been crying all night so take care everyone and I know Benny is up in heaven running free of any seizures.

That is terrible news, condolences to you and your family.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #299
molson
General Manager

Earlier tonight I was up in the foothills with my dog and we came across this golden retriever just hanging out up there - he looked as majestic as all fuck against the golden and light brown backdrop of the boise foothills, with the setting sun behind him. It looked like he just owned the place. I encouraged him to follow us down, with the plan of finding his owner, and as soon as we got to the road, we came across this guy who knew the dog, called his owner, and took him away. I was just thinking the whole way home - that was no ordinary dog, he had an aura, he was some kind of native american spirit dog or some shit.

Now, I'm not saying that dog was the literal reincarnated spirit of Benny or anything, but, reading this tonight, it makes me appreciate those moments and makes me wonder if there's more to them. I don't disbelieve in anything. I mean come on, would it really surprise anyone to know that dogs were these advanced spiritual beings that drew from nature and souls of other dogs passing through life? Why the fuck not.

Sorry to hear about Benny.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #300
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Damn MizzouRah - tough month for you

Sorry for your loss...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote