Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2021, 07:45 PM   #1
pantera
n00b

are utilities still available? / customization questions

Hi, new owner here. I have perfect timing. Buying a game just as the creator announces he's leaving!

I like FOF8 a lot so far. I used to love customizing my OOTP universe and am well aware that my options are limited here. I'm wondering if the divisions or the "Front Office Bowl" can be renamed?

Also I have clicked on links to utilities/mods that were created in the past but every link has been dead. Are those still stored at a live link somewhere?

Lastly, if the game's AI relocates (for example) Miami to Honolulu, am I able to move the team to the AL West WITH the attributes of the city of Honolulu intact, and move Kansas City with its city attributes to the AL East? Or is my only option to rename "Miami" in the AL East as "Kansas City" but it is still stuck with Miami's city attributes, and rename "Kansas City" in the AL West as "Honolulu" but it is still stuck with Kansas City's city attributes?

Thank you for any help.

pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:32 PM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Just about all links work if you adjust for the new root URL. OS changed it.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:34 AM   #3
Dawgfan19
High School JV

Regarding your city question, as you are aware, the city (and team nickname - FYI) can be renamed. But that is all you can accomplish. If the AI moves from Miami to Boise, you can rename Boise back to Miami. But you will still get snow games as the city attributes remain.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:02 PM   #4
pantera
n00b

Hi guys thanks for your help above.

So I've been practicing gameplay & testing things for a fictional league. I started a new saved game & played a season. Then I did the following:
1. edit city names
2. choose city > Los Angeles
3. enter new name > Long Beach

Now when I click on the "full standings" I still see Los Angeles listed. I also see Los Angeles in the "Simulation Window" schedule. Yet on most other screens I see Long Beach. Is there a way to ensure that Long Beach is named on all screens in this saved game? I'm not sure that I necessarily want to change it for ALL game universes I might play in the future.

Thanks again.
pantera is offline   Reply With Quote