Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2020, 08:01 AM   #1
Scrooge
n00b

Rookie Playing Position Dilemma

Hey, guys. How is everyone doing?

I recently drafted a player in the first round who I believe is full of talent and potential, but I am not sure how to use him in my team; I would appreciate having some insights from the community. I can't post his report card because the draft isn't over yet, but here is some info on him:

Timothy Gardinaer 6'2, 255 lbs. - Identifies as OLB - Ideal Front Fit 34 SLB

My assessment of his skills are as follows:

Pass Rush Skills - Excellent 5/5
Run Defense - Great 4.5/5
Coverage - Good 4/5

As you can see, his ideal fit is as a 34 SLB; unfortunately, my team uses a 43 Over defensive scheme. I did some research to find out where he would be best suited for my scheme, but I am facing a dilemma right now:

Prototypical 43 Over RDE - 6'4, 263 lbs.
Prototypical 43 Over WLB - 6'1, 246 lbs.

I have a strong need for both positions. On the one hand, I am confident he would excel at the RDE position (which is probably one of the most important in the defense) and generate double-digit-sack seasons even though he is a bit undersized for the position. On the other hand, using him as an oversized WLB would allow him to use his good coverage skills, as well as his excellent pass-rushing and great run-defense skills, but he probably would make less of an impact playing on the less-impactful WLB spot. I don't know where to play him. What do you guys think?

PS. I don't feel like messing with his weight would help in any way. Do you guys think differently? Do you think he is a candidate for trimming down or bulking up?

Thanks!

Last edited by Scrooge : 06-16-2020 at 08:01 AM.
Scrooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
Pyser
Pro Rookie

if he can gain weight he could be useful as a de. otherwise id play him at slb. wlb in borderline 4-3 is useless.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #3
finkellll
n00b

I'm looking at his bars and his zone defense is kind of low (I'm seeing a range of 24-47). I would put him at DE, but he will be fine at either.
finkellll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:35 AM   #4
tzach
High School JV

he's a plug-and-play 43 RDE or 34 SLB. 43 LB would require a bit of game planning to use him well.

you may want to check how b33b has used Jonathan Bark over the years in IHOF -- the game logs are acessible below so you can see in which defensive calls he plays well

IHOF: Moontown Darksiders 2090

http://www.fof-ihof.com/playercard.php?playerid=70416

Last edited by tzach : 06-17-2020 at 12:35 AM.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote