Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #51
oykib
College Starter

I need Skyrim, Bioshock and Dead Island for my level two badge.

I have dupes of Chivalry, Kerbal, Prison Architect, Reus and Tomb Raider.

oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #52
Bobble
College Prospect

I need a Torchlight and have an extra Reus and Chivalry. Anyone?

Last edited by Bobble : 07-17-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #53
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

ok, got 3 extra Chivalry, 2 extra Reus, 2 Tomb Raider, and 2 Torchlight and only need a Prison Architect to complete level one of the badge...

Steam id is qcfrogman

FM
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #54
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Need Riptide and Torchlight to complete my badge. Have spares of Tomb Raider, Bioshock, and Chivalry.

Last edited by Wolfpack : 07-17-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #55
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Yes but you'll have to wait until tonight, I don't have any access until I get home later.

Ok, just look me up on Steam when you get a chance. I'm not sure if I show up as Fidatelo or Code Baboon, but one of those should find me (you'll know it's right if my location is Winnipeg).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #56
PilotMan
Head Coach

friend request sent

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #57
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
friend request sent

Cool I think I just accepted.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 07-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #58
SackAttack
Head Coach

I have a pair of Torchlight and a pair of Dead Island: Riptide, lol.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #59
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Just picked up an extra Dead Island Riptide Summer Sale card-need Kerbal Space Program, Skyrim, or Reus

picked up a second Torchlight II to go along with the extra Dead Island-still need the same three in return.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #60
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Went through the market and sold a couple of dups for .16 each, bought the two that I needed to make the badge (even made a couple of pennies). I can now cash out on any more Summer Sale cards I get.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #61
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Can't understand why people would collect them - especially paying to buy ones they don't have ... on the other hand I've made a couple of dollars offloading virtual pixels which cost me nothing now
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #62
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Sold some dupes and made some trades to get my summer badge. Like others I can now cash out any remaining cards. My proceeds will then go towards fulfilling other sets to get game badges
Old 07-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #63
Bobble
College Prospect

If/when we get to trading game cards, here's what I have extra:

Don't Starve: Wolfgang
Eador: Troll (x2)
Left for Dead 2:Hunter
Skyrim: Draugr Deathlord

If anyone needs any of those, let me know and we can work out a deal.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #64
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I have two extra Reus summer getaway cards and an extra Bioshock. Cards I need:
Chivalry, Dead Island, Kerbal, Skyrim, tomb raider and torchlight 2
Old 07-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #65
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

I need Bioshock. I can give you a Chivalry for it. I'm zempfester on Steam. Hit me with a friend request if you're interested.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #66
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

Arles I have an extra Torchlight and Dead Island. I need a Reus. Dangamer33 on Steam.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #67
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Arles I have an extra Torchlight and Dead Island. I need a Reus. Dangamer33 on Steam.

I've got a Reus and could use either of those.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #68
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Ok.. So this is basically a virtual trading card collection that does absolutely nothing except get you little things like extra backgrounds and badges?

Am I not seeing a point or should I try selling a few of my rare ass hairs to people in the steam community?

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 07-19-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #69
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Ok.. So this is basically a virtual trading card collection that does absolutely nothing except get you little things like extra backgrounds and badges?

Am I not seeing a point or should I try selling a few of my rare ass hairs to people in the steam community?

Well, in theory you can also earn coupons off game purchases for crafting badges. Wouldn't say it's pointless, but there is a decision to make. Note that if you sell more than 200 items, you've got to provide your taxpayer ID# or they'll freeze you out from further transactions.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #70
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

While I can't envision myself getting seriously into the crafting or selling angles much, I must admit it has definitely made things a bit more interesting. It isn't quite baseball card trading like you remember as a kid, but it definitely works that little "collecting/hoarding" aspect we all have. For instance, while I had planned on selling off cards that I had been getting from sales voting since I had made my level 1 badge, I've now managed to pull five different cards from the summer sale set, so now I'm confronted with whether I should hold on to them in case I get lucky or try to sell them off now while the value still can fetch maybe 15 cents a card.

Since the cards are given freely, any sale makes money for the seller. As a result, it's always a buyer's market as sellers look for a quick sale and undercut the low price over time. There is a sort of scarcity for the in-game cards, but it comes out of how many players of that game there are. However, it's almost irrelevant since the universe of buyers is pretty much confined to the same install base. At least for the Summer Sale cards, there might be an initial bump once the sale ends and no more cards are given out, forcing anyone who still needs to complete sets for a badge to start competing against each other for what cards are still on the market. That may be the best strategy since I assume that while no more cards will be handed out, it will still be possible to craft badges from them after the sale ends.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #71
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
While I can't envision myself getting seriously into the crafting or selling angles much, I must admit it has definitely made things a bit more interesting. It isn't quite baseball card trading like you remember as a kid, but it definitely works that little "collecting/hoarding" aspect we all have. For instance, while I had planned on selling off cards that I had been getting from sales voting since I had made my level 1 badge, I've now managed to pull five different cards from the summer sale set, so now I'm confronted with whether I should hold on to them in case I get lucky or try to sell them off now while the value still can fetch maybe 15 cents a card.

See part of me wonders if their value won't go *up* once Steam isn't generating new sale cards anymore. People keep telling me they're going to sell before the end of the sale so they get something, but once that badge can only be crafted with whatever's available, seems like certain cards might get goosed in value.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #72
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I've got a Reus and could use either of those.

I can do the Dead Island for the Reus thanks
Old 07-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #73
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
See part of me wonders if their value won't go *up* once Steam isn't generating new sale cards anymore. People keep telling me they're going to sell before the end of the sale so they get something, but once that badge can only be crafted with whatever's available, seems like certain cards might get goosed in value.

Which is what I said further down my post. There should be a temporary spike when everyone tries to complete their badges with whatever cards have been made available, but then from there those cards will crash back to near zero because the market will completely dry up once all the demand is satisfied. So the question is how big of a spike and for how long? This I think is the first Steam-wide card collection program they've done and also the first one with an end date for "production". So if there's a time to be a seller, it's probably going to be this one before the buyers figure out how the market will behave in future events.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #74
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
I can do the Dead Island for the Reus thanks

Sure. If I see you online, I'll initiate a trade. If you see me first, do the same.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #75
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Well, in theory you can also earn coupons off game purchases for crafting badges. Wouldn't say it's pointless, but there is a decision to make. Note that if you sell more than 200 items, you've got to provide your taxpayer ID# or they'll freeze you out from further transactions.

I can see how it might be an interesting attempt to bring the steam community together, but I think card collecting is a pretty outside the box way to go about it.. Then again, Steam has been outside the box since its inception. I probably won't participate much, but some of my sadness for humanity lessened after I stepped back and took a deep breath and remembered it doesn't matter to me what other people do with their time and money. I'll be watching from the sidelines though, and if some increased functionality comes into play I might get into it.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #76
PilotMan
Head Coach

Alright, I have a spare Chivalry and a spare Dead Island. I'm looking for Bioshock, Prison Architect, Skyrim and Tomb Raider.

I also have an extra Walking Dead Starved for Help, and 2 extra Terraria The Hallow.

I have partially finished the CKII, Grat. Space Battles, Walking Dead and Terraria.

Just trying to finish off my level 2 summer right now. So anything else is fair game.

Like Steam?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #77
Blackadar
Retired

I got a bunch of 'em this Steam sale, but what are they good for?

As for extras, I have 3 Chivalry Warfare, 3 Kerbals and 5 Prison Architects. So I have a few spares...
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #78
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I have bought and sold a bunch of cards on the market over the past few days, working my way to a summer badge and then a Civ 5 badge all without costing myself a penny.

I've always enjoyed these kind of game-within-the-game things, even if they have no real point.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #79
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Which is what I said further down my post. There should be a temporary spike when everyone tries to complete their badges with whatever cards have been made available, but then from there those cards will crash back to near zero because the market will completely dry up once all the demand is satisfied. So the question is how big of a spike and for how long? This I think is the first Steam-wide card collection program they've done and also the first one with an end date for "production". So if there's a time to be a seller, it's probably going to be this one before the buyers figure out how the market will behave in future events.

Looks like your prediction is pretty spot-on so far. Summer Sale cards have gone up from lows of around $0.12 to more than twice that already this morning. I have two cards I can cash out, not sure when to jump in...
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #80
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Looks like your prediction is pretty spot-on so far. Summer Sale cards have gone up from lows of around $0.12 to more than twice that already this morning. I have two cards I can cash out, not sure when to jump in...

My inventory claims I have nothing at all, although I should have 46 regular trading cards minimum and one or two steam sale cards.

EDIT: quitting the program and reloaded it fixed that.

Last edited by SackAttack : 07-22-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #81
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hmmm I got a System Shock 2 Booster pack today for some reason. I picked it up during the sale, but haven't played it in a few days.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #82
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmmm I got a System Shock 2 Booster pack today for some reason. I picked it up during the sale, but haven't played it in a few days.

Yep. once you earn all the drops you're eligible for, you become eligible for booster packs, provided you log in at least once per week.

The generation of booster packs appears to be tied to the crafting of badges by the community (dunno if it's game-specific or all badges), which means the more badges get crafted, the better a chance you have of getting booster packs.

Boosting your steam level also raises the chance of those drops.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #83
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

I've set up several summer sale cards at various price points to see how things shake out. So far I've sold off the one I set at 25 cents and it looks like the values are creeping towards 50 cents. I have the others ranging up to two dollars. I doubt anyone will go that high, but I suspect the prices will drift up towards a dollar before falling off again. I'm not too concerned if sales don't happen, though. It's still free money to me at whatever price I can get them for.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #84
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Yep. once you earn all the drops you're eligible for, you become eligible for booster packs, provided you log in at least once per week.

The generation of booster packs appears to be tied to the crafting of badges by the community (dunno if it's game-specific or all badges), which means the more badges get crafted, the better a chance you have of getting booster packs.

Boosting your steam level also raises the chance of those drops.

Ah thanks Sack, had not read that far into the trading card info.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #85
Thomkal
Head Coach

I need a Kerbal Space Program to complete my set-I have a Skyrim and one more extra one I can't remember right now.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #86
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I have an extra Football Manager and Chivalry.
Also have an extra Willow in Don't Starve
Looking for a Skyrim to complete my level 1
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #87
SackAttack
Head Coach

Huh. I just got a Saints Row the Third booster pack, but my level one badge is already crafted. Wondering whether I should open it and start on the level 2 or put it on the market and see what I can get.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #88
PilotMan
Head Coach

I need a Bioshock and a Tomb Raider to complete my level 2.

I've got an extra FM and an extra Dead Island from the Summer Sale, plus I have a variety of cards from Gratuitous Space Battles, CK, Psychonaughts, Defense Grid, Walking Dead, Terraria, Civ, Mount and Blade and Warband.

Like Steam?

Old 12-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #89
Bobble
College Prospect

For whatever reason, I've gotten back interested in Steam's trading cards. Anyone got some game cards that they want to trade?

Oh, and I've got a couple of game coupons from completing badges that are available for whoever wants them:

50% off Ace of Spades
50% off Penny Arcade On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
90% off Knightshift
75% off Jack Orlando Director's Cut
75% off Avencast.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #90
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The following extras for anyone wanting to trade:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 - Ham Fisted
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Agatha Knight
Kerbal Space Program - Jebediah Kerman
Civ V - Bismarck
FM 2013 - PK
Train Simulator 2014 - Class A1 "Tornado" (2 extra)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - XCOM Heavy Class
Euro Truck Simulator - Emotion & Execution (2 extra)
Left 4 Dead 2 - Tank (2 extra)
Ace Patrol - Sopwith Camel
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #91
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The following extras for anyone wanting to trade:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 - Ham Fisted
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Agatha Knight
Kerbal Space Program - Jebediah Kerman
Civ V - Bismarck
FM 2013 - PK
Train Simulator 2014 - Class A1 "Tornado" (2 extra)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - XCOM Heavy Class
Euro Truck Simulator - Emotion & Execution (2 extra)
Left 4 Dead 2 - Tank (2 extra)
Ace Patrol - Sopwith Camel

What are you looking for? I'm Bobble on Steam (or is it xBobble?). Send me an offer or a friend request and we can go from there.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #92
Bobble
College Prospect

If anyone had snow globes, they're being sold for $.50 or $.60 right now. Sell high.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #93
SackAttack
Head Coach

Got my third snow globe #3 of the sale today. Anybody need that one?
Old 12-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #94
PilotMan
Head Coach

Need 1 and 8
Have 2 and 4

Like Steam?

Old 12-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #95
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have an extra #3 and #7, need #1, 6,8, and 10.

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-28-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #96
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, 1/5/8 needed here.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #97
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I have no idea what to do with these cards. I have 16 different ones. Can I just give them away?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #98
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I have no idea what to do with these cards. I have 16 different ones. Can I just give them away?

You could give them away. You could also sell them(value is probably anywhere from $0.20-maybe $1.50 or slightly more each depending on what you have). Doing either would require basically the same effort.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #99
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post

To sell them, go to your inventory. When you click on a specific card, there should be a green "sell" button below it. Then it will pop up a chart of the recent selling prices. You can hover over that line and get the most recent price. Then just fill out the sell price and submit.

With the increased activity due to the holiday sale, prices are dropping. Most stuff is around $.13 to $.20.

To give them away, you can just find someone on your friend list and offer them a trade where you don't ask for anything in return.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #100
SackAttack
Head Coach

Extras of #3 and #9.