Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2021, 05:25 AM   #1
Jlombard_
n00b

Talking Working 2020 Roster Available

Hello everyone,

A few days ago I noticed a post by Tanner_The_Taco (This post).

The roster was having issues loading and I've spent the past week cycling through the spreadsheet correcting quite a few errors, to the point that it now works flawlessly.

I'll attach a copy of the CSV and FDT files for you guys to download.

The errors I corrected were for about 150 duplicate squad numbers and around 60 birthdays for days that don't actually exist (Feb 29th 1992 or November 31st for example).

I've just finished testing the entire roster, so I can confirm it 100% loads in.

The player data etc. were all created/edited by Tanner_The_Taco.

Current Releases:

CSV V1.1 - alt roster.csv - Google Drive

CSV V1.0 - alt roster.csv - Google Drive

Next roster update estimated for February 2021.

2021 Draft file to follow in March 2021.

As you can imagine this spreadsheet is huge, and we're only human. if you notice any bugs, errors or damn right weird things please do comment below to let me know so I can correct it universally.

Last edited by Jlombard_ : 01-25-2021 at 11:33 AM. Reason: words
Jlombard_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:18 AM   #2
triplykely
Mascot

This is great
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:48 AM   #3
tanner_the_taco
n00b

Hey man,

Thank you so much for doing this! I used R to make this and, when I was generating the rookies, I just used pro-football-reference's spreadsheet on the 2020 draft so I just did uniform draws and randomized the rookies' birthdates but used the 'age' column from pro-football-reference's spreadsheet to get their birth year. However, I just did random draws for the months and for the days I did try to specify only 1-30 as the sample for months with 30 days but I must've messed up with September. February and leap years tho.. didn't even think of that lol I also definitely see how jersey numbers could be a problem too. I just set the samples to be the possible numbers by position (e.g. 50-59 for C) and, again, did random uniform draws for all the rookies.

Also, heads up to anyone and everyone using these, the rating updates were all mostly following PFF's grades and just overall stats from the last year. For the rookie class, I used the distribution defined in the roster pdf to take random draws. I did a little bit of reassignment for first rounders (like Herbert and Chase Young). I'm definitely not an expert and I didn't put a whole bunch of thought into them so please don't be offended if I underrated/overrated several dudes.

Additionally, I definitely didn't get all contracts and transactions. Just those for players with OVR 2+ and some of the players I just put them on one year deals for the team they signed with because I was running out of free time and just wanted to be done lol

Massive thanks again to Jlombard_! I definitely was going to give up on my rosters lol

Last edited by tanner_the_taco : 01-22-2021 at 11:51 AM.
tanner_the_taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:15 PM   #4
tanner_the_taco
n00b

So I was going through the roster and I made a few more errors. I fixed them and have a new csv file that I'll link at the bottom!

First, I didn't increase the experience for everyone by a year so I went ahead and fixed that.

Second, somehow, I put all of the Panthers 2020 draft class on the Bills so I fixed that.

Third, Cam Newton was still on the Panthers so I went ahead and fixed that. Additionally, somehow, I put Budda Baker on the wrong team so I went ahead and put him back on Arizona.

Here's the CSV: alt roster_revised.csv - Google Drive

Again, I didn't do all of the contracts/playermoves. Just the biggest ones I could remember. If anybody feels like finishing out all of the extensions/trades/signings that'd be awesome! I mostly just wanted some sort of working 2020 roster to itch my FOF8 bug.

Last edited by tanner_the_taco : 01-22-2021 at 04:16 PM.
tanner_the_taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:02 PM   #5
Mo.Raider
H.S. Freshman Team

Hey tanner and jlombard great job! These are incredibly time consuming and I appreciate your efforts.

I have noticed though that when the roster is opened up using the Raiders for example that some of the players are approximately four years younger than they should be. For example Henry Ruggs is 16 and Josh Jacobs is 18. I thought maybe that it was because I had the wrong year selected but the game auto assigns 2019 with this file so that couldn't be it. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Mo
Old 01-25-2021, 04:34 AM   #6
Jlombard_
n00b

Hello guys,

Tanner - Thanks for the hard work man! I'm also working on improving the rosters on my end too little by little.

I'm hoping to have edited all the ratings, teams, contracts, etc. over the next couple of weeks. my plan is to get a 2020 roster completely perfect before the Super Bowl.

If I can't, then I'll likely get it as current as possible then I'll finalise the 2021 draft file I'm half way through also.

Mo,

Thanks for testing out the rosters. That's interesting regarding the players, and after running a little test I can see you're correct.

To account for this, What I'm going to do is age all players by 4 years. so that your starting 2016 season will infact line up with the current 2020 season in terms of birthdays. Outside of that I don't think I'll be able to find a fix for it other than simply ignoring it.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:06 AM   #7
Olsson
High School JV

I have no issues with age. I created a new file from the csv in 2020 and the had no players under 21 I think.

I’m playing as the Steelers trying to rebuild without Ben. Tuitt has a roster bonus for the second season over 50 million. I guess there’s a 0 too much in there ��

I experienced A LOT of FA’s after the first season but with the lowering of the cap I found it somewhat realistic.
Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:29 AM   #8
Jlombard_
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsson View Post
I have no issues with age. I created a new file from the csv in 2020 and the had no players under 21 I think.

I’m playing as the Steelers trying to rebuild without Ben. Tuitt has a roster bonus for the second season over 50 million. I guess there’s a 0 too much in there ��

I experienced A LOT of FA’s after the first season but with the lowering of the cap I found it somewhat realistic.

That's interesting regarding the rosters, I guess it's something in the settings that I didn't realise. - I'm going to make a version of the rosters with and without the age change just in case there is an issue.

I've amended the Tuitt Roster bonus, you were indeed correct. - that will be ready in the final version in a week or so.

I believe the FA pool is up to date, but that's something Tanner had been working on. It's possible some contracts weren't updated for lesser-known players. - Does it render the game unplayable? or just a lot of noticeable stars available?
Old 01-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #9
Olsson
High School JV

If you quicksim the first season you should see what I mean :-)

A bunch of stars gets franchised and a bunch of very good players enter free agency despite having 40-123 million in cap room.

(I have used the official salary cap and minimum contracts a long with the 2020 start year... Maybe something went wrong with the finances)
Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #10
Jlombard_
n00b

Quote:
If you quicksim the first season you should see what I mean :-)

A bunch of stars gets franchised and a bunch of very good players enter free agency despite having 40-123 million in cap room.

(I have used the official salary cap and minimum contracts a long with the 2020 start year... Maybe something went wrong with the finances)

I've made a note of it, I'll run a few sims to see if it's a reoccurring thing that happens, not sure how or indeed what I plan to do about it lol.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:04 PM   #11
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Can somebody give me a quick tutorial on what to do with this link? I have no idea how to get this into a format to use with FOF.

And thanks for all the hard work guys!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #12
Jlombard_
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Can somebody give me a quick tutorial on what to do with this link? I have no idea how to get this into a format to use with FOF.

And thanks for all the hard work guys!

see this thread - Tutorials or Guides on creating a Custom Roster - Front Office Football Central
Old 01-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #13
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

The Tuitt issue was in the default rosters that came with the game.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #14
Jlombard_
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo.Raider View Post
Hey tanner and jlombard great job! These are incredibly time consuming and I appreciate your efforts.

I have noticed though that when the roster is opened up using the Raiders for example that some of the players are approximately four years younger than they should be. For example Henry Ruggs is 16 and Josh Jacobs is 18. I thought maybe that it was because I had the wrong year selected but the game auto assigns 2019 with this file so that couldn't be it. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Mo

Mo, just realised you need to change the year on the career player generator.

see image here - https://ibb.co/Zm4GyjZ

Last edited by Jlombard_ : 01-26-2021 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:39 PM   #15
Jlombard_
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
The Tuitt issue was in the default rosters that came with the game.

I'll fix it nonetheless.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:04 PM   #16
Laconic1
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlombard_ View Post
I'll fix it nonetheless.

Just curious, where can I find your latest file? Thanks for the work on this.

Last edited by Laconic1 : 02-03-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Laconic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:13 PM   #17
Jlombard_
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic1 View Post
Just curious, where can I find your latest file? Thanks for the work on this.

Last update was provided by Tanner, it can be found at the top of the page under latest releases or you can click here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OPZ...tCi1G0zgF/view.

Last edited by Jlombard_ : 02-04-2021 at 04:14 PM. Reason: words
Old 02-06-2021, 01:23 PM   #18
Mo.Raider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlombard_ View Post
Mo, just realised you need to change the year on the career player generator.

see image here - Screenshot-1 — ImgBB

Hey, I must have overlooked this post. Thanks Jlombars!
Old 02-20-2021, 12:41 AM   #19
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Great stuff here! I see the staffs were updated, but was all of those details updated? For instance, Matt Patricia (I hate you!) has a 43 under defense when he actually ran the 3-3-5.

Either way, file looks great! I have loved FOF over the decades now, but it's hard to believe (in both good and bad ways) this is still the best option available for simulation-style NFL football.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 04:31 PM   #20
trc1986
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner_the_taco View Post
So I was going through the roster and I made a few more errors. I fixed them and have a new csv file that I'll link at the bottom!

First, I didn't increase the experience for everyone by a year so I went ahead and fixed that.

Second, somehow, I put all of the Panthers 2020 draft class on the Bills so I fixed that.

Third, Cam Newton was still on the Panthers so I went ahead and fixed that. Additionally, somehow, I put Budda Baker on the wrong team so I went ahead and put him back on Arizona.

Here's the CSV: alt roster_revised.csv - Google Drive

Again, I didn't do all of the contracts/playermoves. Just the biggest ones I could remember. If anybody feels like finishing out all of the extensions/trades/signings that'd be awesome! I mostly just wanted some sort of working 2020 roster to itch my FOF8 bug.

Hi guys, sorry to be bumping this old post but I am new and this was latest roster I could find. However it seems Tanners google drive link here is dead. Does anyone have a working link? Thanks
trc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 04:35 PM   #21
trc1986
n00b

I also came across this butall the links are dead.

A GIFT FOR YOU ALL! Community Rosters + Draft file 2021 - Front Office Football Central

Edit: I'm sorry guys, just realized the initial link is still alive so I grabbed that

Last edited by trc1986 : 08-19-2022 at 04:37 PM.
trc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote