Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2022, 01:14 PM   #201
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As stones and other objects begin falling from the sky, they race around to avoid them. The shockwave didn't help your reflexes, or those in the crowd around them.

The -2 and -4 penalties make this almost impossible for everyone. Sir Gareth (6), The Professor (-1), Tsavani (4), Syntax (5), Mori'an (5), Faris (0), and Wolfrik (7) get smashed by a large boulder and lose 4HP. In the case of Syntax and Mori'an, it would not have hurt to do the right thing. Edit, on further review, The Professor cast Stone Skin to avoid the 4 damage here.

Lyric (18), Zilmora (16, thanks to her Quicken spell), and Astrid (15) get pelted with smaller pebbles but manage to avoid major damage.

Last edited by Poli : 03-17-2022 at 03:03 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:48 AM   #202
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, March 18

The debris stops falling and everyone comes out from what shelter they had found. Several screams are heard nearby. I search for the source of the noise and find a grotesque demon attacking a villager. It's attempting to take flight with him. I rush in to stop it.

3 rounds of combat. And here I thought I'd get a chance to buy stuff after the tournament before the insanity started.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:34 AM   #203
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth, The Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, and Faris win all three rounds against the demon. The demon dies and they're each awarded 4g for their efforts. Sir Gareth used Smite and Divine Strike to make it happen...Faris broke out the weasel (+2 attack for one round) to ensure one of the attacks hit as well. Syntax spent 2g to ensure a hit and enough damage to complete his battle...so it essentially got a net of 2g.

Zilmora scored a kill on the demon, but did take a point of damage. 3g for her.

Mori'an, Lyric, Wolfrik, and Astrid all failed to kill the demon despite landing at least winning one round. Mori'an gained 2g while losing 2HP. Lyric 1g, losing 3HP. Wolfrik 1g, -2HP. Astrid 2g, -1HP. In their case, the villager was saved but the demon took flight to escape.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:35 AM   #204
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Saturday/Sunday, March 19/20

I dispatched the flying demon but I hear more screaming and look around. It wasn't just debris falling from the sky. The festival grounds are overrun with demons terrorizing people.

I can
A) Intimidate the demons into targeting me instead. D20+Str+Intimidating

or

B) Try to escape while the demons are distracted. D20+Dex+Stealthy

or

C) Attack the demons.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:38 AM   #205
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Likely a virtue tied into the first two...I split the adventurers into the 3 options.

Wolfrik and Sir Gareth are the only intimidators left, so they naturally go into A.

Syntax and Mori'an are both going to trend to the negative virtue, so we'll send the to B. I'd like to get a 3rd into that group, and Astrid has the lowest virtue of those remaining. She goes B.

That's 5 for C...and none of them would get a bonus going A. I choose Lyric to go A.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:05 AM   #206
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lyric's intimidation did not go well (9). The demons are focused on what they're doing to notice the bard. Lyric's a little peeved and gains +2 to attack in the next combat.

Sir Gareth (21) and Wolfrik (20) got their attention...and maybe they shouldn't have. They get -2 defense in the next combat.

All 3 gain a virtue point, as I suspected. I nearly sent everyone this route, but I want to explore all options when options are provided.

Last edited by Poli : 03-21-2022 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:07 AM   #207
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Syntax tries to slide away in the crowd, but it became a mark to a demon looking for easy prey. It gets -2 defense next combat.

Mori'an (18) and Astrid (23) were able to get away unnoticed. They gain +2 attack.

They all 3 lose a virtue point.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:08 AM   #208
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Professor attacked a demon, but wasn't able to kill it. He suffered a loss of 1HP.

Tsavani, Faris, and Zilmora all killed the demon they attacked and gain +2 damage in the next combat.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:11 PM   #209
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, March 21

I spot someone fighting the demons. Wearing a white robe with blue...lettering we'll call it, a gold sash, and skin that's almost...clear. Whoever he is, he's clearly an excellent warrior and knows their way around magic. His appearance, dress, and fighting style is unique and unlike anything I have ever seen. I am sure this person wasn't here earlier. I would have definitely noticed him at the Festival or Tournament. Whatever. He's fighting the demons. So am I.

Fight off 3 demons.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:24 PM   #210
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yesterday's modifiers apply to all three battles with the demons...some are good, some are not so good. The good news is that everyone managed to kill at least one demon.

Sir Gareth cast two spells to ensure victory over all 3 demons. Faris and Zilmora are the only other ones to defeat all 3. They each gained 3g.

Syntax was the worst off. It misfired on two attacks and spent 1g to ensure at least one hit, one kill. It lost 4HP.

Wolfrik managed two kills, but lost 3HP. He gained 2g. Mori'an managed two kills as well, but thanks to his abilities ended up with losing just 2HP.

The rest (Professor, Tsavani, Lyric, and Astrid) managed 2 kills while losing 1HP. The Professor gambled and used a channeling spell to get a better attack roll once...and Astrid once again is bailed out with a Lucky roll.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:44 AM   #211
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday, March 22

Before I can deliver a killing blow to the next demon, the stranger in white steps in to take the kill. He utters a spell incantation and the green crystal on his staff begins to glow. The demon is surrounded in a green energy...then disappears in ash and dust.

Decipher the spell and it's effect on the demon. D20+WIS+Arcane Adept.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:59 AM   #212
Poli
FOFC Survivor

An easy day roll wise today...but a boring one.

Lyric (4) had never seen anything like it and didn't know what to think. He just knew it was impressive and powerful magic.

Sir Gareth (10), Tsavani (6), and Zilmora (6) realized the demon didn't appear to be in pain as it broke apart and disappeared. Their thought was the demon was teleported, but no idea where.

Syntax (14), Mori'an (15), Faris (13), and Wolfrik (13) all believed that the demon was definitely teleported. They had not seen this type of energy that the stranger used. The demon is nowhere within eyesight, so it must be something greater than common transportation magic. Whatever the stranger did, it normally takes a gateway and immense power to do.

The Professor (25) and Astrid (17) realized they were in the presence of transference energy and just witnessed interplanar teleportation. It wasn't just teleported, it was sent to a completely different realm. This magic...this energy has only been talked about in theory in the school of magic. No one has been able to achieve an intentional connection to the planar spheres, yet they just experienced dimensional travel at the hands of the the stranger in white.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:25 AM   #213
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, March 23

I continue fighting near this stranger in white. His presence and style are inspiring. I watch him cast the same magic spell after he weakens each demon. This appears to wear him down as the fight drags on. Maybe the demons sense this because several move in on him at the same time. I fight to get to his aid as one deals a fatal blow to the stranger.

Fight 3 demons.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:30 AM   #214
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Professor and Faris land punishing blows on all 3 demons. They fall to the side, dead. They earn 3g.

Sir Gareth, Syntax, Mori'an, and Wolfrik kill 2 before the third fights back and flees. They each gain 2g, but lose 1HP.

Tsavani, Lyric, Zilmora, and Astrid all managed to kill 1 demon before getting hit by the other 2. The demons flee before another attack can be made. Zilmora and Lyric took 3 damage. Tsavani and Astrid took 2 damage. They all gained 1g.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:31 AM   #215
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The battle isn't over, but for now, it's just me and the stranger in white, who appears to be dying.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:12 AM   #216
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I kneel down to help the stranger in white. He grasps at his wound along his neck as bleeds out. He tries to speak but must do so carefully. With each breath he takes, he grows nearer to his last.

1) Optional. Give him a health potion if I have one.

2) Hear his words.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:22 AM   #217
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Potions are hard to find in this group of 10. Half of them did not have a potion. Astrid kept hers as I try to send her to the dark side. Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Lyric, and Zilmora all gave up their last potion for him. He coughs down the potion and, but was it enough? The wound doesn't seem to be responding. For their effort, they gain a virtue point.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:28 AM   #218
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As he lies dying, he struggles to speak to me. I try to stifle the bleeding but it is no use. I warn him to stop talking, but he insists on telling me something. He can barely utter a few words at a time while gasping for air.

"It is not their fault (cough)

Please...understand (cough).

You must...reassemble (cough) the gate.

Use my staff...to send them back.

I...(cough)...I am the World Watcher. (cough, cough) My name...my name is Xar...

Before he can finish his last word, his eyes close and his soul leaves his body.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:15 AM   #219
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, March 25

The staff rests on the floor beside the dead World Watcher. It's green energy flickering and dying. I reach out for the staff and it becomes alive again...pulsing brightly. I can feel the power of possibility now flowing through me.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:18 AM   #220
Poli
FOFC Survivor

During battle against enemies I encounter that are not in their home realm, such as the demons I've recently been fighting, I can try to 'banish' them back to their world instead of killing them. I will be informed when this is a possible action.

Successfully banishing an enemy to their home realm will drain my health by 1HP, but will also give me a +1 bonus that I can use on any future dice roll. These bonuses can stack. I can accumulate multiple bonuses throughout the year and redeem as many as I need when I decide to use them.

The World Watcher's Staff may give me access to other abilities not yet known.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:11 AM   #221
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Saturday/Sunday, March 26/37

I hear more screaming in the distance. The fairgrounds have been cleared of demons, but they have made their way into the city. Perhaps I can put the World Watcher's Staff to use.

3 demons to battle, a roll against Wisdom to banish before each battle.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:19 AM   #222
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth banished one demon and killed two others (two spell points used, -1HP, 3g, +1 dice roll [DR]).

The Professor kills all three demons, rather straightforward (one spell point used, 3g).

Tsavani banished one, killed another, but the last demon got away (-3HP, +1DR, 2g).

Syntax had a similar situation to Tsavani (-4HP, +1DR, 2g).

Mori'an banished one demon and killed the other two (+1HP, +1DR, 2g).

Lyric used dazzle...he managed two kills but one got away (-3HP, 2g).

Faris killed all three...clean and swift (3g).

Wolfrik had two kills before the third got away (-1HP, 2g).

Zilmora...this is where I'm experimenting a bit. A roll against wisdom can be an almost certain win with her spells...she cast divination and banished all three (-1SP, -3HP, +3DR). I think I'll do this whenever possible.

Astrid had two kills before the third got away (-2HP, 2g).
Old 03-28-2022, 10:32 AM   #223
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, March 28

The demon attack finally passes, but there is no calm in the city. The worst part of town was hit hard by the falling debris. The buildings here took so much damage that many collapsed. People could still be inside and injured.

Search for survivors in the wreckage. D20+INT+Investigator.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:37 AM   #224
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth (4), The Professor (5), and Wolfrik (4) find a young little girl. She's crying and won't let go. They wait around until her parents can be found. They give them 2g. It should be noted, Sir Gareth initially had a 9, but used divine grace..hoping for a better result.

Tsavani (9) and Lyric (14) find the young little girl but also an older man. The parents and old man both thank them with 3g.

Syntax (15), Mori'an (15), Faris (19), Zilmora (28, I used divination again, I think I'm addicted to it), and Astrid (15) find the girl, the old man, and then a puppy that was lucky not to be injured. The parents, the old man, and the dog owners thank them for helping and give them a total of 5g.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:57 AM   #225
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday, March 29

Officials in the city work quickly to set up a hospital tent to aid in the recovery of the citizens. I pay a visit to get some much-needed healing.

1) Take a rest.

2) Talk to some injured people.

3) Lyric and Astrid will attempt a pickpocket while in the tent.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:04 AM   #226
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I walk around the room and converse with various townsfolk here. Some recall me from the Tournament of Lords, which puts a smile on their faces. Some saw my bravery in battle and offer a sincere thank you. One gentleman dressed as a guard looks up from the bed of his young daughter. He approaches me.

"I must offer my deepest thanks for your help in this attack. I am Sir Henry Brighton of the King's Guard. I was fighting on the frontline and could not reach my daughter, Marissa, to protect her. She tells me you fought off one of the demons that was about to take her. She is my world, and if it were not for you, she would not be here now. You should go speak to the Commander of the King's Guard, Arthur Thornburgh. With what happened here today, he put out a request for all able fighters to assemble and present themselves for service to King Roderick. They mean to discern the nature of the attack and strike next. You handled yourself honorably in the Tournament of Lords and you fought bravely today. The kingdom could use you before we are attacked again."

The rest seems to be rather quick after getting the rest and level up earlier, but there's been a fair amount of combat since then. I won't complain.

Lyric loses 1 virtue, but came away with 4g. Astrid maintains her virtue and gains 1g.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:03 PM   #227
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, March 30

The castle is busy with everything going on. Soldiers are carefully watching and the staff is busy throughout the castle with orders. I stand before King Roderick of Graycliff and his counselors.

1) Hear King Roderick's instructions.
then
2) Conduct myself according to court traditions. D20+CHA+Student

Also, the guard on my right is ripe for a pickpocket attempt by Lyric and Astrid.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:22 PM   #228
Poli
FOFC Survivor

"Thank you for answering my summons. This is truly a dark day for the city of Graycliff. We cannot stand by as victims when we have been attacked in such a manner. The world must see us as a force of righteousness and justice in the face of adversity. You have proven your skill in the Tournament of Lords, and I am to understand that you fought bravely once the demons arrived. I must request that you go on a mission for the kingdom. My court wizard, Gragorim the Wise, has heard word that a strange object arrived in the city along with the demons. It fell from the sky as well. Go retrieve this object and return with it to Gragorim. It may answer questions as to the nature of the attack. Help Gragorim in his research in any way that he needs. You are now in service to the kingdom and its people. With that, we will provide you a standard service fee. Perhaps you could use this to recruit some help or purchase supplies on your mission."
Old 03-30-2022, 12:27 PM   #229
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As for conducting themselves, only one person really didn't observe much in regard to formalities. The Professor (6) is given a standard payment of 20g.

Sir Gareth (11), Tsavani (8), Mori'an (13), Lyric (14), and Wolfrik (14) conducted themselves well. They have the respect of the council and are given 25g.

Syntax (16), Zilmora (18), and Astrid (18) are flawless in mannerism, formality, and tradition. The council believes they have been in front of a court before and that they're well educated. Their presence commands the highest respect. With that comes trust and a higher payment...30g.

Astrid lifted 2g off the guard...Lyric got 3g.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:33 PM   #230
Poli
FOFC Survivor

There's mention by the king that we can hire someone. With the cashflow presented to each of them, I think it will be entirely possible to hire a minion to help them. As I recall, there's an upfront fee and then an upkeep at every rest. Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure how it will work...but I'm willing to give everyone a shot at it if it's feasible.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:06 AM   #231
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday, March 31

My answer on followers comes today.

Followers:

Followers provide useful skills on your journey. There is no limit to the number of followers you can have, but you must be able to pay for them.

To acquire a follower, you must first pay the hire cost on the page that you meet them. At every point you take a rest, you must then pay their upkeep cost or they will abandon you.

Follower skills are added to your own and you can use them whenever called for. You can double up on the skills you have through followers. For example, if you have "Intimidating" which gets a +2, and your follower has the same skill, you then have a +4 bonus to intimidate rolls. Only exceptions are Lucky and Pickpocket. You can only use those skills once.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:28 AM   #232
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Today's page offers me two follower options. A thief and a warrior.

They both cost 10 to hire, 5 for upkeep.

The thief adds Locksmith and pickpocket abilities. The warrior adds athlete and animal tamer abilities.

This seems fairly easy options for me. Mori'an and Syntax will hire the thief. It could help move their virtue into the negative. Astrid would, but I mean, she's already a thief...the only bonus it would give her is the additional +2 for locksmith. The rest will hire the warrior.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:45 AM   #233
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, April 1

Nothing of note today. Just kidding.

I make my way to part of the city where I was told to seek out the strange object. On the main street, there is a small crowd gathered around a merchant's cart that was destroyed by falling debris. I caution the people to back away so I can investigate.

1) Investigate the object. D20+INT+Arcane Adept.
then
2) Be cautious of the strange object. D20+WIS+Danger sense.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #234
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Investigate the object.

Tsavani (2), Lyric (4), and Faris (0) all think the stone looks impressive...even the runes glow. They're thinking this would make a nice piece of art and it could be sold to a rich collector...but meh, not really all that dangerous.

Sir Gareth (14), Zilmora (10), and Astrid (10) notice the glowing and suspect it's from a corrupted source of energy. This is clearly dangerous. +2 to the next roll.

The Professor (22), Syntax (21), Mori'an (21), and Wolfrik (20) all noticed that the object is clearly foreign to this land. The runes appear to be of demonic origin. The arcane power coming from the stone is corrupt. This object is clearly cursed. +5 bonus to the next roll.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:47 PM   #235
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Be cautious of the strange object.

The Professor (27), Syntax (12), Mori'an (15), Lyric (18), Wolfrik (20), and Zilmora (22) all noticed a sense of...dread...beginning to fill their mind as they got closer. They avoid getting too close to make another assessment.

Sir Gareth (8), Tsavani (9), Faris (9), and Astrid (8) got too close. Their minds fill with anxiety and dread. It's difficult for them to think.

They stumble away and recover. Except Tsavani (A roll with Charisma...Tsavani was the only one to fail). She becomes Cursed.

Cursed: When asked to roll for a hero's trait, make this roll twice and take the lesser of the two rolls. This condition is removed during a rest or if the hero consumes Holy Water.

Or, in this very lucky case, Tsavani has a Chi skill that removes Cursed afflictions. She is a lucky cat.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:55 PM   #236
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I ponder how to bring this object back to the King's wizard, Gragorim the Wise. From my peripheral vision, I see a glowing light coming from the World Watcher's Staff. I hold it up and it begins to pulsate softly. The energy inside the crystal is reaching out to aid me. I can't explain how I know what to do next, but it just makes sense. I hold out the staff and channel the arcane energy at the stone. The energy envelopes the stone, which then disappears from the wreckage on the street. The stone is gone. Looking at the crystal, I see a tiny imperfection inside that wasn't there before. The stone is now inside of the crystal and can be transported safely.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:34 AM   #237
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Saturday/Sunday, April 2/3

On my way back to the castle, I hear a wailing coming from a pile of barrels. A woman hears it as well and peers inside. She screams and runs away. I step over to see what's inside and find a small baby demon cowering in fear. It hisses at me.

A) Kill the baby demon. Roll damage.
or
B) Banish the demon to it's home realm. D20+WIS+Arcane Adept
or
C) (If virtue is LESS than 5) Befriend the demon. D20+CHA+Animal Tamer
Old 04-04-2022, 08:40 AM   #238
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My first thought here is that killing or befriending the demon may have negative virtue type consequences. I eliminate killing the demon thinking that having a baby demon friend may just be evil enough...but that might be the move if the good guys can't banish him.

The decision isn't too difficult from there. Mori'an, Syntax, and Astrid will attempt to befriend the demon. None of them are in the 5 virtue zone. The rest will attempt to banish. Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Lyric, and Wolfrik basically had that decision made for them based on their virtue.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:06 AM   #239
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Banishing the demon to it's homeworld...this turned out to be a bit tricky. Failed attempts meant you could try one of the other methods or try to banish it again...but you lose 1HP for trying. As before, success also means a loss of 1HP, but you gain that +1 to a future dice roll, too.

I had more than a few rolls in this adventure, so I'll condense it down to each adventurer and how many HP they lost.
Sir Gareth -3HP, +1DR
Professor -1HP, +1DR
Tsavani -2HP, +1DR
Lyric -2HP, +1DR
Faris -1HP, +1DR
Wolfrik -2HP, +1DR
Zilmora -1HP, +1DR

Befriending the demon was easy for Astrid (21)...she had bonuses for charisma and animal tamer (thanks to her warrior follower). Mori'an (19) nailed it, too, despite the lack of bonus.

Syntax, however, tried twice but didn't get close enough on either roll to merit paying to achieve the good result. It lost 2HP before giving up and killing the baby demon. Syntax, did lose a point of virtue for this...but surprisingly, no point of virtue is lost for befriending the demon.

Mori'an and Astrid gain the young demon as a follower. It adds the intimidate ability to their skill set. Instead of paying the young demon, I believe the only requirement is their Virtue can never go above 5...which should not be a problem...but I'm going to confirm this.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:29 PM   #240
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, April 4

I meet up with Gragorim the Wise as instructed. I use the magic of the staff to retrieve the stone from the crystal. I warn him of it's ill nature. He spends some time studying the stone and the runes upon it while you share the story of the World Watcher.

I am to hear Gragorim's thoughts on the issue and discuss the next steps. Convince him to lend me further aid. I'm to choose a tactic:

A) Appeal to his cautious and intellectual nature. D20+WIS+Student.
or
B) Be charming and confident in my abilities. D20+CHA+Persuasive.
or
C)Take charge of the mission. D20+STR+Intimidating.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:41 PM   #241
Poli
FOFC Survivor

"Ah, this is exciting. Interplanar teleportation has only ever been theoretical. And you say you have been able to wield transference energy with the help of this staff? Impressive. I would love to see it in action.

The runes of this stone are definitely demonic in nature. If what this World Watcher mentioned to you about a gate is true, I am inclined to believe this stone we are looking at is a piece of the gate between worlds. Such a gate would be very large. There might be more pieces out there and we would need all of them to reassemble this gate.

There is so much unknown here, and there are no experts with knowledge of transference energy. The only place one could find more information on this is at the Lost Library. You will need to travel to the Scorched Sands...the arid desert south of Dawnhollow. It's about a 10 day journey south of here. I recommend obtaining a mount.

I believe the best use of my talents is to remain here to study this stone and put a spell together that could repair it. Good luck on your journey."

The Professor (17, used a spell to reroll), Tsavani (17), and Faris (18) all appealed to the old mage.

"It appears that the King and Commander were right to assign you this task. I might have a few things here to assist you. They add a health potion and a dragon fire potion.

Syntax tried, but failed (3).

"Unfortunately, I have nothing of value I can give you. I will need all of my resources here if I am to find a spell to assemble this gate.

Lyric (16), Zilmora (16, she used the enchant spell), and Astrid (22) all charmed the old mage.

"I believe you were rightly assigned to this task. Hold just one second as I have a few things to assist you." They get the health potion and dragon fire as well.

Mori'an, with a little help from his young demon I'm guessing (20) and Wolfrik (18) both used the take charge method. They got the health potion and dragon fire as well.

Sir Gareth (10) tried to influence him into giving up some potions, but failed.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:08 PM   #242
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I nearly forgot the pickpocket attempts for Syntax, Mori'an, Lyric, and Astrid.

It seems the old mage was a good mark. Syntax's thief got 3g from him. Mori'an's thief got 2g. Lyric was the only one to lose virtue today after gaining 4g. Astrid got just 1g today.
Old 04-05-2022, 08:59 AM   #243
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday, April 5

Before I head out, I have time to help the locals once more. After the ordeal they went through, I am sure they would all appreciate it.

I can do any of the following (and I'll probably run them all through it, I'm guessing):

Help find a lost son. D20+INT+Investigator.

Help rebuild a home. D20+STR+Athlete.

Work as a grave digger. D20+CON.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:13 PM   #244
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Help find a lost son.

A mother and father hadn't been able to locate their son after the attack. Sir Gareth (14), The Professor (14), Syntax (25), Mori'an (22), Lyric (13), Zilmora (22), and Astrid (15) searched the festival grounds where the boy was last seen. Asking questions to those around, you find out that he's joined the King's Army as a soldier...he just hadn't gotten home to tell his parents yet. They took the information to them and the parents pay them 4g.

Tsavani (3), Faris (4), and Wolfrik (8), though, well, they found nothing of use and no sign of the boy.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:17 PM   #245
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Help rebuild a home.

Tsavani (8), Syntax (6), and Mori'an (5) grow fatigued through the intense manual labor and heavy lifting. They leave earlier than the most, but gain a meal ration in the process.

Sir Gareth (11), The Professor (19), Lyric (21), Faris (15), Wolfrik (25), Zilmora (11), and Astrid (16) all worked through the entire day and pain. They stayed until the job was done. They gained two meal rations.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:21 PM   #246
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Grave diggers needed.

Sir Gareth (18), Lyric (19), Faris (18), Wolfrik (20), and Zilmora (19) dug graves throughout the day. They were exhausted. The sight and smell of the corpses was depressing, but they carried on knowing that the families of those lost won't have to do this work. They're paid 5g for their solid work.

The Professor (4), Tsavani (8), Syntax (5), Mori'an (6), and Astrid (6) all helped dig a few graves before the exhaustion, the smell, and the sight of the dead weigh on their soul. They can't take anymore and leave...but not before their given 3g for their effort.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #247
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, April 6

In preparation for the long journey, I visit the stables on the outskirts of the city. I can acquire a horse or mule here to aid in my journey.

Horse (+4 to wisdom while travelling), 30g

Mule (+2 to wisdom while travelling), 20g

There's also a pickpocket opportunity with one of the stableboys here. We're always up for a chance at more gold.

Last edited by Poli : 04-06-2022 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:57 PM   #248
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This seems like a no brainer. All 10 are going to go horse here. I suppose you could choose none of the above, but they suggested a horse earlier...now we have the option to get one. Feels like this is an important thing for the future.

Syntax's thief snags 3g, Mori'an's thief got 2. Lyric snagged 1g and Astrid got 3.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:59 PM   #249
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Current gold holdings:
Sir Gareth 44
The Professor 32
Tsavani 37
Syntax 38
Mori'an 51
Lyric 56
Faris 50
Wolfrik 24
Zilmora 48
Astrid 66
Old 04-06-2022, 02:53 PM   #250
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wolrik's the only one where the cost of the horse was a bit painful. There's a note that we'll see merchants tomorrow...we will be able to sell some of the stuff we've accumulated finally, but most of these cats have a fair amount of potions at their disposal. My guess is tomorrow I'll be willing to spend down to 10-15g per person. Syntax at this point won't spend gold. He can essentially regenerate through gold so I don't really see the purpose in buying a health potion.