Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #551
Autumn
Head Coach

CF really wanted to kill you Abe. So we tried.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #552
Autumn
Head Coach

*points at CrimsonFox*
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #553
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
They tried to kill you. If they tried a second time they would have succeeded.

SO my lie was correct? Than's jsut wesome! Autumn did you think CR was the Cultist since my lie was true?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #554
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Also, Autumn, did you get my message? It was the first time, ever in WW I've tried to send a message with a post to someone

Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #555
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
SO my lie was correct? Than's jsut wesome! Autumn did you think CR was the Cultist since my lie was true?

No, I was 78% certain already you were the Cultist based on night one, and so I was 100% sure your reveal was fake.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #556
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Also, Autumn, did you get my message? It was the first time, ever in WW I've tried to send a message with a post to someone

No, I didn't! I really want more messages in WW too, so I'm bummed. It only occurred to me later that your vote on me might be a message, but I guess it turns out you didn't even know I was a wolf then. Funny.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #557
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

No taht's not the message. here it is hold I'll quote it

Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #558
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Clearly we thinkt he same on teh duke issue, and you won;t be isolated on that.

Here's my message to you. I knew and you knew that CF was abou tto die as a wolf, it's post vote. I wanted you to know that you were not islolated because I was the Cultist. That's why i used such awkward wording, to bring it to you rattentionas i quited you

Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #559
Autumn
Head Coach

You better because you just made me look back through nearly all your messages. Goddamn you make as many typos as me, and I just looked at all of them trying to figure out if they meant something.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #560
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Here's my message to you. I knew and you knew that CF was abou tto die as a wolf, it's post vote. I wanted you to know that you were not islolated because I was the Cultist. That's why i used such awkward wording, to bring it to you rattentionas i quited you

Oh I do remember finding that message strange. As I say, I felt rusty this game and didn't even think to look at your messages for hints.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #561
Autumn
Head Coach

I also just found several posts by you I must have not read the first time. To be honest with all your sigs I think I sometimes end up scrolling by your post without actually finding the text in it.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #562
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awesome!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #563
britrock88
Pro Starter

Disabling sigs is nice for WW...

and who was it that sniffed out CF, again?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #564
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and for the record, Chief Rum, I do consider rolling dice to be outside the framework of teh game, but I figured you didn;t realize I thought that when you said I was lying, and I wanted to come across as a little more righteously indigant to sell my false reveal, so I came a little harsher on you than normal, no hard feeling.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-13-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #565
Autumn
Head Coach

Way to spoil Christmas for everyone, Brit.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #566
britrock88
Pro Starter

Or maybe that should be "snuffed"...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #567
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Disabling sigs is nice for WW...

and who was it that sniffed out CF, again?

DT?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #568
britrock88
Pro Starter

Hahaha. Sorry, all! Perhaps we can enjoy Festivus, at the very least... unless the ghosts of Mayans past take us down first.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #569
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks EF!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #570
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ANd g'night all

gotta get some sleep - my final class of my firs tsemester is tomorrow and all of my assisnments are done - tomorrow afterno0on we are done with seemster the first

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-13-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #571
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yeahyeahyeah Jag you are so smart and knew I was bad the whole time but I think you were being swayed the next day

Sorry we sucked as wolves. I was away for most of both days when people were around.

Sorry we tried to kill you Abe. The one time I don't pick to kill CHief....sheesh.

Great game Abe! And SUPER game DT, you eally kicked this game's booty. Glad your batteries are recharged.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #572
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

we knew you were the vultist. Autumn hypothesized that the killing didn't work because you were on our side (even though nothing in the rules mentioned that).

And of course once you started talking again we knew you were on our side.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #573
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
yeahyeahyeah Jag you are so smart and knew I was bad the whole time but I think you were being swayed the next day

Sorry we sucked as wolves. I was away for most of both days when people were around.

Sorry we tried to kill you Abe. The one time I don't pick to kill CHief....sheesh.

Great game Abe! And SUPER game DT, you eally kicked this game's booty. Glad your batteries are recharged.

Best game I think I've played as a villager in...I dunno...maybe ever?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #574
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

really not sure how Jag and DT didn't come up as candidates today.

Actually I was immensely happy that brit killed me. That allowed us to eliminate both GE and brit.
I knew GE would get BGed and then he would have wifened the COT or else nabbed autumn so that rteally WAS good that I died. Good analysis on your guyys' part for nabbing Autumn. I just didn't think that would happen with Jag playing so lowkey and almost confused and DT being a frequent suspect.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #575
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Best game I think I've played as a villager in...I dunno...maybe ever?

most posts that I"ve seen too
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #576
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Not really sure why mauboy was the alternative candidate today especially when he missed a couple days. I think Zinto was right about him being a probable VV.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #577
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think we're just all rusty and not alert enough to play.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #578
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Here was the text of the attempted kill, Abe.

"CF attempts to kill Abe Sargent but can't get himself to do it. Just something in his eyes kept you from pulling the trigger."
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #579
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so yeah we were confused that day.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #580
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Good game, all! I followed along and was pretty impressed with the play from everyone. Don't mind going down day 1 as a VV for the sake of the seer.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #581
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

And sorry about forgetting that we unvote here... Not used to doing that and it's been a while. I got held up at the gym that first night by someone in my VB class trying to convince me to give him all the assignments for $100 so he could pass and graduate.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #582
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Bad last day for me. I wasn't going to tie it up as I said, but if someone else had been around and switched I would've voted for Mau.

Great game by DT.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #583
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
really not sure how Jag and DT didn't come up as candidates today.

I'm not surprised DT wasn't, but I thought I was going to be with how I acted around N2 deadline.

This is probably the first game I ever played where I had more no votes (N1+N3) than votes for players (N2).
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #584
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I should use that strategy more often as I have less chances to put my foot in my mouth!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #585
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'm not surprised DT wasn't, but I thought I was going to be with how I acted around N2 deadline.

This is probably the first game I ever played where I had more no votes (N1+N3) than votes for players (N2).

Yeah - your no-vote on N3 was weird, and it did ping me a little, but I think at least what I would have said was "let's try autumn, then mau, then JAG"

So your no-vote on N3 was odd and moved you up the list, but I don't think it necessarily jumped you over mau at that point.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #586
Autumn
Head Coach

Ugh, I didn't even realize you hadn't voted JAG. It was a bad day for me to be on the spot, because I have class and was gone most of the day. I think I overestimated how bad my spot was. I would have worked to sway the vote if I had been around and realized I had a shot.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #587
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Abe did a nice job of confusing me at the end too, gotta give the man credit.

Thanks for running the game EF.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #588
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Fun game, EF. I think you did just fine, even with your time commitments.

This one came down to a little bit of luck and some good analysis by DT, with an aid from me in catching Autumn. Could have gone either way at a couple different points.

Clearly y'all trust Abe more naturally than you do me, lol. I mean, I had the first reveal and you all still tended to believe him.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #589
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day one was just plain strange. Wolves had their order in early and didn't see GE's reveal before it was too late. No BG block that night so it would have been the perfect chance to eliminate the seer right away.

And how about this? There was no way GE was going to be BG'd even if I did get an order in. He wasn't anywhere near my radar when I left for work and because of working, there was no way I would have seen that reveal in time.

Had I gotten my protection order in, I probably would have protected a strong rep player. Autumn would have been on that short list, so if he was the one assigned to kill that night, that would have been an interesting result, too.

EF, would I have been told if Autumn was attacked or if he was slutted? I know from the rules I would not get the ID of the attacker if he is attacked, but wasn't sure if his actions alone would be clear to me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #590
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Luck??

No luck played into it. Good analysis.

Exactly! DT did the lion's share, but, if I do say so myself, I think I did some good work on that analysis to pin down Autumn.

It helped that I had more certainty about info than others, though (I knew I was the BG and that Abe was likely the Sceptic; I knew I did not submit a BG block on N1; etc.)

Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #591
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's hilarious. This game had a lot of odd coincidences.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #592
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, and for the record, Chief Rum, I do consider rolling dice to be outside the framework of teh game, but I figured you didn;t realize I thought that when you said I was lying, and I wanted to come across as a little more righteously indigant to sell my false reveal, so I came a little harsher on you than normal, no hard feeling.

No worries, man. I was away from the game at work last night when you posted that anyway, so I wasn't even around for a real time reaction to it. I didn't even think of what I was saying was calling you a liar on an out of game issue. I was completely thinking in game. So never my intention to suggest you would do that. I frankly forgot the circumstances by which you voted. I just noted in vote counts that you made the first vote, and that it was on Autumn.

Another odd bit of coincidence there, too, and bad luck for the wolves that Abe accidentally happened to vote for a wolf as the first vote of the game.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #593
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

CF, first rule of WW club. Always kill Chief! lol... well, when I am paying attention, I guess. It does seem like you go after me a lot. I like the change.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #594
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not really sure why mauboy was the alternative candidate today especially when he missed a couple days. I think Zinto was right about him being a probable VV.

I never really thought mauboy1 was the last wolf. I threw him out there, because I realized that the logic I had in my brain "mauboy1 was not around, so he can't be the last wolf" didn't actually fit the facts. He could have been the last wolf, just an absentee one, with CFdoing the heavy lifting. So I had to include him.

But all along I was pretty certain it was Autumn.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #595
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I had fun. Hope we can get another game going coming out of the holidays.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #596
Autumn
Head Coach

Me too. Are people up for another short game? Anyone ready to go, or I can just throw together the small game I had ready earlier.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #597
britrock88
Pro Starter

I'd go again.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #598
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Fun game, EF. I think you did just fine, even with your time commitments.

This one came down to a little bit of luck and some good analysis by DT, with an aid from me in catching Autumn. Could have gone either way at a couple different points.

Clearly y'all trust Abe more naturally than you do me, lol. I mean, I had the first reveal and you all still tended to believe him.

Nah. I would have pushed hard as hell to lynch Abe before you if it came to that.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #599
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I never really thought mauboy1 was the last wolf. I threw him out there, because I realized that the logic I had in my brain "mauboy1 was not around, so he can't be the last wolf" didn't actually fit the facts. He could have been the last wolf, just an absentee one, with CFdoing the heavy lifting. So I had to include him.

But all along I was pretty certain it was Autumn.

Yeah. I was like 80/20 Autumn/mauboy.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #600
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Me too. Are people up for another short game? Anyone ready to go, or I can just throw together the small game I had ready earlier.

Yeah!