Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #751
path12
Coordinator

Did the views pass on with the new seers? First time as one and I get lynched day 1. Sigh.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #752
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was the conversion attempt that stalled my scan. After all, what do I read you as? And BrianD died first. So my scan came first, BrianD died, and then you were converted? That's what I am wondering.

I assume your scan had to have come first. Only way I see it being blocked is from Brian. If it came after, I would show up bad.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:17 PM   #753
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Did the views pass on with the new seers? First time as one and I get lynched day 1. Sigh.
That happened to me last game too. Was the seer and killed night 1 go figure
Old 01-10-2007, 10:19 PM   #754
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I really thought the forsaken had it until they lost LSG. I think that was the turning point of the game and was surprised at the time how little they did to help her. That only proved to be more true later. If they had saved her I think they'd have won, quite impressive considering I think the game was tilted against them.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #755
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

No, they did not. In fact, I had no idea you were the seer before BK. BK probably never even knew he became the seer, because he died the night he would have been out getting the angreal.

Basically, it was like we didn't have a seer until Night Four (which then failed because I tried to scan Alan).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #756
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I knew I was going to be the seer. But then in the RPI/Lathum hubub I sorta kinda completely forgot to send in my orders so I was kind of glad that I was killed that morning, even though I was expecting it, because I'd been such an idiot and completely messed up the chance to have a seer view.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #757
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If it had been necessary, I would have defended Chief Rum, as I received the bodyguard angreal the night before he revealed. But everybody just piled on Lathum, and I was then able to lie low and just do the really obvious thing and guard Chief Rum.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #758
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, really obvious to me, and really obviously the right play, but not (obviously) really obvious to Alan.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #759
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
No, they did not. In fact, I had no idea you were the seer before BK. BK probably never even knew he became the seer, because he died the night he would have been out getting the angreal.

Basically, it was like we didn't have a seer until Night Four (which then failed because I tried to scan Alan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 1st post View Post
Another great layout. Checking in on the side of Light.

I suck at hinting.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #760
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I suck at hinting.

Wow, I need to pay more attention... never caught that. It was like DaddyTorgo's reveal in that other game (sorry, can't remember what it was).
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #761
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Don't feel bad, DC. When I first saw path's post, I remember thinking "What the hell does 'Another great layout' mean?"
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #762
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Dola, really obvious to me, and really obviously the right play, but not (obviously) really obvious to Alan.

Heh, if you hinted in the game you were the bodyguard, I admit I completely missed it.

I assumed the bodyguard role had passed on, and I assumed said role would be guarding Chief that night. And I assumed I would be busted from it.. but that was all assumptions on my part I definitly told cronin that night that I figured I was toast if the bodyguard role had passed on though
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #763
st.cronin
General Manager

The bodyguard did not interfere with the scan of Alan, it was the conversion mechanic. He would have scanned good had he merely been guarded.

Also, in the list of roles, I left off Alan T and spleen knowing each other's affiliation to start. I deliberately made one of those players a conversion target, thinking it would make for interesting play at some point, but spleen was killed night 1 and that storyline went quite a bit differently.

With all roles hidden, I was really expecting some more outlandish fake reveals from Forsaken, but for some reason that never materialized.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #764
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I too was expecting some fake role reveals cronin and am surprised it never happened as well.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #765
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I dont think anything was wrong with your choices. When you guarded Jonathan I was still trying to figure out your role. I think I was figuring if you were the bodyguard you would have protected yourself night 3. I figured you were a candidate that night.

OK, that makes sense. I couldn't guard myself and I figured the wolves would go with a fairly random choice to make sure they avoided me. It just seems like most games where I get to scan people, others always disbelieve me because of the choices I make. It helps to know if they are bad choices or just shifting game mechanics. Working so hard to push my hints on Lathum who was a wolf and trying to get me to talk as much as possible was probably a bad play on my part. Once I was sort-of out, I didn't know what to do.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #766
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
OK, that makes sense. I couldn't guard myself and I figured the wolves would go with a fairly random choice to make sure they avoided me. It just seems like most games where I get to scan people, others always disbelieve me because of the choices I make. It helps to know if they are bad choices or just shifting game mechanics. Working so hard to push my hints on Lathum who was a wolf and trying to get me to talk as much as possible was probably a bad play on my part. Once I was sort-of out, I didn't know what to do.

The only thing that had me wondering about you as a good guy (which I was while you were alive) was mostly due to not knowing your full role and the fact you couldn't guard yourself.

You were playing it off as possibly a witness type role or possibly a seer type role, however when you came out having been dreamt about by RPI, it pretty much shot the witness role in my mind as I felt there would be no reason to follow the only known good player in RPI. THat pretty much jumped out to me that you were either the bodyguard or some bad anti-seer.

Thats why the day I "criticized" your choice of Jonathan it made no sense to me. In my mind either you were bad and not in danger of getting night killed and was looking for the seer and chose Jon, or you were the bodyguard and good and the bad guys would k now it just like me and you would have guarded yourself.

Now, hindsight I understood the choice you made and didn't find it to be a bad one, but now you see why I commented that day that if you are good and telling the truth, people should stop talking about if they got dreams or not. (ie: giving the bad guys the clean and easy track to tell who you guarded each night and couldn't guard the next night)
Old 01-11-2007, 09:43 AM   #767
spleen1015
Coordinator

I was extremely bummed to get killed night 1.

Alan and I knew that the other was good. I assumed the dream he had night 1 was of my killer and that he got the dream because of this connection that we had.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #768
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I was extremely bummed to get killed night 1.

Alan and I knew that the other was good. I assumed the dream he had night 1 was of my killer and that he got the dream because of this connection that we had.

Thats what I had originally assumed too. I'm glad I didn't push that angle too hard because it ended up being the bodyguard dream so to speak. I really was entirely confused day 2 on how to proceed. No one at all was talking about anything, so I figued I would toss it out.

Unfortunatly everyone thought I was bad or up to something. The craziest role reveal of the entire game I guess was me revealing -true- things that occured.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #769
spleen1015
Coordinator

I haven't died that often and when I do it usually has been late. So, I follow the game to the end. With this one, since I got killed on night 1, I didn't even feel like I was part of the game and I didn't read much after that.

It is still good to see that my side won.

I'm sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

I wouldn't have known that Alan had converted, correct?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #770
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I haven't died that often and when I do it usually has been late. So, I follow the game to the end. With this one, since I got killed on night 1, I didn't even feel like I was part of the game and I didn't read much after that.

It is still good to see that my side won.

I'm sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

I wouldn't have known that Alan had converted, correct?

No. The only connection between the two of you was that, at the beginning of the game, you both knew you were not Forsaken. You would not have known Alan was converted, and you would not have known if he was bodyguarded.

knives out
Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #771
st.cronin
General Manager

Incidentally, Alan, the bad guys had made the same assumption about your dream (that you had dreamed of Blade killing spleen), and had some sort of strategy in place when you outed Blade.

knives out
Old 01-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #772
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Heh, if you hinted in the game you were the bodyguard, I admit I completely missed it.
I didn't hint at it at all. There were no advantages plus the major disadvantage that if you knew, you might come after me (and probably wouldn't go after the Chief).

Old 01-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #773
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Incidentally, Alan, the bad guys had made the same assumption about your dream (that you had dreamed of Blade killing spleen), and had some sort of strategy in place when you outed Blade.

What was the plan? I'm curious
Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #774
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I didn't hint at it at all. There were no advantages plus the major disadvantage that if you knew, you might come after me (and probably wouldn't go after the Chief).

Yeah, I honestly went back and forth on it all day. Since it was obvious blade was going down, it was the only thing I really tried to figure out for myself. I assumed the bodyguard passed on simply because of the number of people who stated a role that seemed to hint at gaining abilities possibly later. To me it seemed like quite alot of people just to possibly get to be the seer.

In the end, I figured if I didnt go after Chief, I was going to probably take out Dodgerchick. That would have left me with:

Me vs Chief (mostly cleared), either Schmidty or Mr.W cleared by Chief, Jonathan whom most people trusted and the other Schmidty or Mr.W.

Say I convince people to kill Schmidty or Mr.W (whomever he didnt clear), then at night kill Chief then (with the assumption you could only guard someone every other night), I would have then had the same scenerio, without any good scapegoats other than myself and made it very tough on myself.

So I then figured I had to take a shot at there either being no bodyguard, or there being one with the obvious guard target being chief, so they went somewhere else tonight planning to guard him the next night.

Like I said, if I had known LSG was coming back, I would have played it entirely different. The way I saw it, it was just a gamble on dying that night vs 2 day lynches from then.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #775
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
What was the plan? I'm curious

You'll have to ask Blade, he didn't provide me with details.

knives out
Old 01-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #776
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The only thing that had me wondering about you as a good guy (which I was while you were alive) was mostly due to not knowing your full role and the fact you couldn't guard yourself.

You were playing it off as possibly a witness type role or possibly a seer type role, however when you came out having been dreamt about by RPI, it pretty much shot the witness role in my mind as I felt there would be no reason to follow the only known good player in RPI. THat pretty much jumped out to me that you were either the bodyguard or some bad anti-seer.

Thats why the day I "criticized" your choice of Jonathan it made no sense to me. In my mind either you were bad and not in danger of getting night killed and was looking for the seer and chose Jon, or you were the bodyguard and good and the bad guys would k now it just like me and you would have guarded yourself.

Now, hindsight I understood the choice you made and didn't find it to be a bad one, but now you see why I commented that day that if you are good and telling the truth, people should stop talking about if they got dreams or not. (ie: giving the bad guys the clean and easy track to tell who you guarded each night and couldn't guard the next night)

I do feel like I handled the whole thing pretty badly. I was going to come out with my reveal (I don't remember why I was forced that way), but then realized that with a game that didn't reveal roles upon death, I didn't want to give the bad guys too much info. But I also realized that I was going to be killed pretty quickly, so it didn't really matter if I gave myself up. Just very confusing all around. I probably should have taken more time to think about what I needed to do, but I was in an all-day meeting that day and didn't have time to focus.

It was interesting to see how all of the assumptions came into play. I had no restrictions on who I guarded except that I couldn't guard myself. I could protect the same person every day if I had wanted to.

Things probably would have gone more smoothly if I hadn't questioned you that first day. It really doesn't make sense that you would have given out all that info if you were bad, but it was the only suspicious thing I had heard so far. Since I put us against each other, we were way too distracted.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #777
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, thats the one thing i didn't understand. I knew you had some role (either special good guy role, or was a bad guy). To be fair, I didn't name you on day 2, I kept it in just because I wasn't sure if I was outing a good role (which I did) or if I had a bad guy.

I think if I had outed you that day, it would have ended up much worse, so I am glad I played it like i did.

What I didn't understand on day 3 was when I outed you the way you responded. Obviously you knew you were good, and if I was bad I knew you had a special role and would have just killed you. So the way I played it seemed to me to hint that I was good at least to you.

Just was an interesting thing all together, I don't think you necessarily played it poorly, just was a new mechanic we wern't used to. (Being told you were bodyguarded in that manner).
Old 01-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #778
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Looking back, I should have kept quiet about being guarded on the night I was. That was my mistake, and I think it lead to Brian getting killed. For what it's worth, I think we got two wolves because of how Brian played things (LSG and Lathum).
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #779
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Looking back, I should have kept quiet about being guarded on the night I was. That was my mistake, and I think it lead to Brian getting killed. For what it's worth, I think we got two wolves because of how Brian played things (LSG and Lathum).

I had pegged both LSG and Lathum as wolves based on how they handled my reveal, but I was dead before I could vote for more than one of them. Nice to see the rest of the good team picked up on it.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #780
spleen1015
Coordinator

Barkeep mentioned in the Nerds game that I did something to hint at having a role and that is why the Forsaken killed me Night 1 in this game.

Can you guys tell me what that was? I've read all of my Day 1 posted and I don't see me hinting at much of anything. I know I wasn't trying to. I had nothing to hint at.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #781
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I really dont remember spleen. Oh and guys, everything I said after I was reincarnated was a lie. As far as I know we had no converting abilities, that is why I was shocked when alant died and he was bad.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote