stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #2802
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Over here.....one more for me!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #2803
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oklahoma sucks. I have to go to a liquor store for weapons grade beer.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #2804
path12
Coordinator

Well fuck, it's only Wednesday. This can't be right.

On the other hand, it does feel absolutely fuckin' perfect.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #2805
Izulde
Head Coach

So after stumbling on her blog, I find Her Blondeness has become Her Brunetteness. She looks a hell of a lot older than her 24 years (Try early 40s), but the ghost of the beauty I once knew is still there.

Oh, and she also got dissed by a Duke when she was part of a delegation greeting the Queen Mother.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #2806
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I've got a bad feeling that it's a fucking shame the post counts are hidden, I might be able to watch mine skip up the ladder.

edti: I'm debating whether to try tweeting drunk (or en route toward same), blogging while drinking, or just randomly f'n posting here.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-11-2011 at 06:16 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #2807
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
So after stumbling on her blog, I find Her Blondeness has become Her Brunetteness. She looks a hell of a lot older than her 24 years (Try early 40s), but the ghost of the beauty I once knew is still there.

Oh, and she also got dissed by a Duke when she was part of a delegation greeting the Queen Mother.

who?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #2808
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I've got a bad feeling that it's a fucking shame the post counts are hidden, I might be able to watch mine skip up the ladder.

edti: I'm debating whether to try tweeting drunk (or en route toward same), blogging while drinking, or just randomly f'n posting here.

rough day hmm?
Old 06-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #2809
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Well this will be interesting or bad or both...

Sorry to hear you've had such a horrid day.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #2810
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
rough day hmm?

Fucking a right about that.

On the bright side, at this point in my life I'm an incredibly cheap drunk. One of the signs of aging into a different phase of maturity, when you go from being embarassed about quick buzzes to being happy cause they're cheaper.

Meanwhile, I'm left to question whether it's even proper to use this thread when you're still capable of/ willing to correcting typos. So far I can/have, but damned if the number isn't increasing.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #2811
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fucking a right about that.

On the bright side, at this point in my life I'm an incredibly cheap drunk. One of the signs of aging into a different phase of maturity, when you go from being embarassed about quick buzzes to being happy cause they're cheaper.

Meanwhile, I'm left to question whether it's even proper to use this thread when you're still capable of/ willing to correcting typos. So far I can/have, but damned if the number isn't increasing.

Oh how I fondly remember my last drunk posting episode.

Those were the days.

Sorry to hear that your day's been such a bitch - that's no fun - especially on a fucking Saturday.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #2812
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Well this will be interesting or bad or both...

Sorry to hear you've had such a horrid day.

/tk

Or all three. 'Preciate the sympathy, I'm not too proud to take it.

w/out gory details (yet anyway) ...
nobody died, I'm still married (and no less likely to be tomorrow than usual as far as I know anyway), I've avoided anything resembling work today so that's not involved in this either.

being a grownup sucks though, being a parent can suck harder & when it does, sometimes ya f'n drink

heh, I'll spare you all the details but while typing that an old drinking rhyme, song, whatever ran through my head & made me giggle. I don't literally giggle often, so that's prolly a sign I'm doing this right
Old 06-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #2813
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
especially on a fucking Saturday.

or a non-fucking saturday for that matter ... I am married with a kid after all (which has nothing to do with this but while I'm rolling anyway ...)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-11-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #2814
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

One more stolen & expanded form my FB wall (which I'm trying to stay the hell away much since i have at least one client who can see it) ...

Quote:
I used to find random pearls of wisdom & advice of sorts from the lyrics of country songs. Now I seem to run across them more in {shudder} post-grunge. Random theory at the moment is that it's that all three parties involved in that have changed somewhere along the way.

There's a blogging topic being wasted right there. I was a little bothered when I realized that Seether, who I generally like, could be fairly desccribed as a "post-grunge" style band. but I came to grips with that. It bothered me agian tonight when I realized that I was finding lifetruths in "Fake It" (not just for myself). Making slightly tipsy fun of the video for "Country Song" was one thing, finding wisdom in the lyrics of Fake It was something else entirely.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #2815
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
or a non-fucking saturday for that matter ... I am married with a kid after all (which has nothing to do with this but while I'm rolling anyway ...)

This is true. Sounds like a parenting thing, which means I have no perspective, being (to date) in no such situation myself.

but I can still sympathize.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #2816
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is true. Sounds like a parenting thing, which means I have no perspective, being (to date) in no such situation myself.
but I can still sympathize.

once there's a kid in the house (unless you've got a REALLY big house AND an extremely established sense of both reckless abandon & a disturbingly large exhibitionist streak) your sex life becomes somewhat planned, scheduled, and contrived.

is what it is ... has jackshit all to do with anything other than some tenuous emotional/mental connection between alcohol, buzziness, music, hatred of adulthood, and sex , just sayin' y'know.

Hmm ... new fofc drinking game may be forming here (if I don't abandon the keyboard too soon). you can work out the details but there's probably a pretty good sympathy drunk to be had involving my use of apostrophes and ellipses while typing while intoxicated
Old 06-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #2817
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
who?

I forget which Duke it was. And if I go look at her blog now, I'll go on a drinking binge of my own.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #2818
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I forget which Duke it was. And if I go look at her blog now, I'll go on a drinking binge of my own.

LOL - no i meant who is "her blondeness"
Old 06-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #2819
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hokay, i'm back. Had to share some tipsy pearls of wisdom with my kid (who is ironically largely the motivation for this mini-binge). No worries fofc'ers, even my sober wife approved of the info I ultimately dispensed (and believe me, she was highly skeptical when i launched my mini-monologue). But I'm a good husband in spite of drinking while she isn't, I offered three times prior to my first sip to head out & pick up anything she wanted from the liquor store. My conscience is therefore clean.

among the advice i shared, since you really don't know if you're gonna get hit by the next lightning bolt in the thudnerstorm & might miss the chance: being an expensive drunk is foolish pride that becomes very expensive, if you discover at some point later in your life (he's 13 now) that you're a 2 beer drunk, rejoice at the money you'll save.

some of you prolly think i'm suffering from shitty parenting right now, but considering it's at most the third time my kid has seen me with a buzz in 13 yrs considering my drinking history (which might shock the shit out of some of you) that's a miracle an accomplishment & other good shit rolled into one, so Ima ignore anybody who takes issue with it edit: I'd probably bust out some c-lo green on you if you persisted, so let's just not go there m'kay.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-11-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #2820
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Oof definitely sounds like a not fun parenting thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMGA
There's a blogging topic being wasted right there. I was a little bothered when I realized that Seether, who I generally like, could be fairly desccribed as a "post-grunge" style band. but I came to grips with that. It bothered me agian tonight when I realized that I was finding lifetruths in "Fake It" (not just for myself). Making slightly tipsy fun of the video for "Country Song" was one thing, finding wisdom in the lyrics of Fake It was something else entirely.

HAH. You should definitely expand this into a blog post. Maybe when you're sober.

/tk
Old 06-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #2821
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I had just assumed Jon couldn't actually get drunk. Like he was a super hero, or villain, and that was one of his powers.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #2822
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I had just assumed Jon couldn't actually get drunk. Like he was a super hero, or villain, and that was one of his powers.

Sadly that used to be somewhat accurate, but that was most assuredly many years ago.

I had a ridiculously high tolerance when I first started drinking, managed to break that down enough to be able to enjoy it without having to resort to robbing banks to fund it. Flash forward 20+ years and I can pretty much get buzzed before I put down the bottle opener.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #2823
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I just challenged the ex's boy friend to a battle....not any kind of battle. Standing uop on the American Gladioatiors Pylons....nacked except for a helmet wielding 2 nerf bats each. The goal is to beat the shit out of you, untill you yield......then, he who yields has a choice....does he have enough gumption to shit in the others coats, or will he shit in his own coats. and take the penaltuy of walking, wearing shitty coats.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #2824
britrock88
Pro Starter

Did I seriously think I was going to go watch some Moliere tonight? I can read the play anytime I want. Plus, who wouldn't rather get an honest hour-and-a-half at the end of a happy hour with several worthy and eligible co-workers?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #2825
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I might be posting here tonight. Crappy end to the workday combined with being in pain. I'm either going to drink or take a pill. If I end up drinking, my tolerance has gone way down since I had to stop drinking because of the narcotics, so I'll be drunk pretty quickly

/tk
Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #2826
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm getting liquored up toning, I close 45 tickets this week
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #2827
Bad-example
College Starter

Another Newcastle down.

Yeah, that's the ticket.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #2828
MacroGuru
Coordinator

It's a fuck it week for me...

A lot of what has made me, me....is going away at the end of the week....been drinking a shit ton this week...adn tonight sint any different.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #2829
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Mac G I hear ya... it's been a long week already!

Beer and an ipod.. I'm all set!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #2830
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
It's a fuck it week for me...

A lot of what has made me, me....is going away at the end of the week....been drinking a shit ton this week...adn tonight sint any different.

What's the changes, brother?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #2831
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
What's the changes, brother?

Job is going away. I have been at this place for 4 years, traveling every other week out of town to somewhere in the world for work. It's the golden handcuffs, job paid quite well most of the time (commission based sales) and I made some great friends that are basically family now....

All to be gone without a whim because the company is trying to build up a new wing within their division and our operation (which is the largest revenue producer) is a drain on resources.

So in short, I'm losing a job that has been part of the reason for my divorce, has accomplished a lot for me in terms of finances and has also given me 2 months of vacation a year.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #2832
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Every time I see an early morning post in this thread, I think of Lionel Hutz:

Hutz: Care to join me in a belt of Scotch?
Marge: But it's 9:30 in the morning!
Hutz: Yeah but... I haven't slept in days.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #2833
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Job is going away. I have been at this place for 4 years, traveling every other week out of town to somewhere in the world for work. It's the golden handcuffs, job paid quite well most of the time (commission based sales) and I made some great friends that are basically family now....

All to be gone without a whim because the company is trying to build up a new wing within their division and our operation (which is the largest revenue producer) is a drain on resources.

So in short, I'm losing a job that has been part of the reason for my divorce, has accomplished a lot for me in terms of finances and has also given me 2 months of vacation a year.

Damn... seems like you sacrificed a lot, only to be sacrificed yourself.

Hang in there...
Old 07-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #2834
Bad-example
College Starter

Drinkin', stinkin', thinkin'

I could write country music.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #2835
mckerney
Coordinator

Mmmm... Bells Oberon.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #2836
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hi
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #2837
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Hi!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #2838
Bad-example
College Starter

Hic!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #2839
McSweeny
College Starter

Man, what a long week. I think i've earned this.
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #2840
Freethought
Banned

I am not welcome here!
Freethought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #2841
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freethought View Post
I am not welcome here!

Was that worth it?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #2842
AlexB
Pro Starter

Belatedly posting here after a long weekend in Bruges drinking 8-11% beers for three nights in a row. Tired. Need sleep. Bad.

But really good city & beer, including a night at De Garre with a couple from Chattanooga and a night at Bruges Beertje with a father/son from Colorado. If anybody finds their way there, i highly recommend both the city and these two bars.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #2843
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

In Bruges is one of the best movies ever.

And I'm on a long term contract with co-workers that like to drink all night at the bar, go back to the hotel and crack open the hard stuff.

So yeah, whether or not I'm posting spiritually I am here.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #2844
JeeberD
General Manager

Tonight I qualify for this thread...it's been quite a while.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #2845
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Tuesday night. "Three Buck Chuck" Shiraz form Trader Joes.

It hsa been a while... I need a job.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #2846
PilotMan
Head Coach

Posting in here after what I can only say was the craziest weekend of my life. Alcohol and sex FTW!. Wow.

{edit: Just had the pleasure of watching the trash guy dump our trash while putting the kids on the bus. One can had all the bottles and he gave us quite a look after he dumped it.}

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 09-07-2011 at 07:05 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:09 AM   #2847
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Posting in here after what I can only say was the craziest weekend of my life. Alcohol and sex FTW!. Wow.

{edit: Just had the pleasure of watching the trash guy dump our trash while putting the kids on the bus. One can had all the bottles and he gave us quite a look after he dumped it.}
Damn! Back to School specials sure sound different than the ones I was used to...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #2848
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I belong in this thread about every night these days. Not stress, just a collection of bored people from around the country with a hotel and a bar. I need to start drinking something other than dark beer, that stuff doesn't work well daily in high volume.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #2849
Telle
College Starter

Self-medicating tonight. Having a bad bad bad time.. and have run out of meds and doctor didn't get them called into the pharmacy for me today like I needed. Wonderful husband provided me with a very strong very large drink when I requested one.. which I downed in less than five minutes. Hoping that it helps.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #2850
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I have a nice bottle of Pyrat waiting for me tonight...I am going to watch the BYU, every time BYU creates a turnover (for them or UCF) I will take a shot, a negative offensive play, I take a shot....This along with my brew, I might be feeling good if they keep the trend going...