Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Georgia in my rearview Mirror - A TEW 2008 dynasty

OK, I received some old Georgia Championship wrestling Tapes yesterday and that, combined with my current frustration with OOTP 2006, got me nostalgic to ressurect an old school Wrestling Dynasty idea.....so here we go.

January 2nd 1983

Staring out the window of the Limo as it rolls from Atlanta Airport to the TBS studios I am about to realize a dream. Having just been appointed Head Booker of Georgia Championship Wrestling, at the behest of Ted Turner, who recently purchased a majority stake in the Company, I am ecstatic. The only downside is that I will be replacing Ole Anderson, who will now become my assistant. Though I have never met him, by all accounts he is a hardcore, miserable son of a Bitch, who did not take well to the news of my hiring.

As the Limo approaches the complex I force the sense of impending doom aside and try to focus on some of the things I am looking forward to. A roster that includes respected veterans such as Mr. Wrestling I and II, long staples of the Georgia tag scene. Bullet Bob Armstrong, a versatile performer who is also joined by his kids Brad and Scott. Added to this, a promising mix of young stars such as Tommy “Wildfire” Rich and Buzz Sawyer, the Road Warriors and Jake Roberts, son of the legendary Grizzly Smith.

My mind wanders as I imagine the possible Storylines that I will come up with to change the face of Wrestling…….typical grandeur for a 20 year old mark, who has no clue and no idea how to get one………………..

”Sir”……. “Excuse me Sir” I snap back to reality as I realize the driver is now standing with the door open. “We are here Mr. Lee”

I thank the Driver, who refuses my feeble attempt to tip him with a polite “Mr. Turner takes care of us……Thank you”

I smile weakly and start towards the Building where I check in and am directed to a small conference room. “Mr. Rogowski, err I mean Mr. Anderson will be here shortly” states a lithe Brunette with a seductive Southern drawl.” Apparently, even the Secretaries are expected to maintain Kayfabe……I make a mental note to follow suit as I await the arrival of my Co-Booker…………………Just then I hear a familiar growl from down the hall, arriving Simultaneously with the heavy thud of footsteps…….Footsteps that belong to a very large Man, I whisper almost involuntarily under my breath….”What the Hell have I gotten myself into?”

Background

This will be a Dynasty centered on the reason I got into Professional Wrestling, ”Georgia Championship Wrestling” using the latest build (2.0) of the fabulous DOTT mod. I discovered GCW as a still 17-year-old Soldier fresh out of Basic training when I arrived at Fort Gordon to begin AIT in late 1980. It coincided with the arrival of the Freebirds and it soon became a weekly quest of several us to travel to downtown Augusta to see them relieved of the Georgia Tag straps at the old Bell Auditorium. At the time GCW made a stop in Augusta every Monday and the Freebirds headlined the Card probably 75% of the time, taking on an assortment of teams that included Ted DeBiase, Jerry Oates, Steve O, Robert Fuller, Tommy Rich, Wrestling I and II among others.

It was great entertainment and there was just something about going to a house show in the Territory days that can’t be duplicated now. Anyhow, the premise of this Dynasty will be that after I finished my tour in the Army in 1983, I hooked up with TBS, impressing several big shots with my “knowledge” of the business. When Turner invested in the company, my name came up and resulted in the Job offer. The only question remaining is who is the bigger fool. Turner for offering me the Job, or me for taking it?

This is my first attempt at a Wrestling Diary, so hopefully it goes well, up next my Meeting with Ole……………

Disclaimer Let me apologize in advance for the language I will be using in Ole's segments throughout this dynasty, but I want to capture the true flavor of Ole and it is hard to do that without a little salt...

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-08-2008 at 05:57 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

My Pal Ole

The face of hatred

Stares at me from the Doorway……Ole Anderson in all his angry glory. As intimidating as this guy seems on TV, it doesn’t do him justice when you experience it in person.

Me: “Good m-morning Mr. Anderson”

Ole: “Not a Goddamn thing good about it! Let’s get this straight right off the bat. I am here cause Ted Turner pays me to be, and in fact it is worth a considerable bonus to me, if I can keep from kicking your Ass and throwing you into traffic!! That doesn’t mean I am going to hold your hand while your Candy Ass learns the ropes though.”

Me: “Well….I”

Ole: “Shut up!!! I have given my life to this business and now I have to take orders from a snot nosed punk that doesn’t know his Ass from an Armbar!! Don’t think for a minute that you will given an ounce of respect from me, and don’t think I am going to do anything to make it easy on you.”

At this point I am not quite sure if getting my Ass kicked and thrown into traffic might be more fun than the backlash I am sure to get when I unfurl my first great Storyline……You see at the current time Ole is a Face, serving as a type of Mentor to Tommy Rich, who is at the peak of his popularity here in Georgia. It is a win/win situation for both as Rich’s friendship helped the fans accept Ole as a good guy, while Ole’s experience gave Tommy a huge rub in the classic Mentor/Young Lion angle. That is why it made perfect sense to me at this point to turn Ole Heel again, as I felt that the ensuing feud would sell Arena’s out throughout the Territory for Months!!

Ole: “Well, what the Hell were you going to say?”

Me: “You are getting a great deal of mileage teaming with Rich it seems…”

Ole: “Yeah…kissing Babies and taking pictures with Old Ladies is a great way to spend your time after a match!! Don’t get used to it, this is only to set up a storyline down the road. We will blow the Roofs off all over Georgia when I turn on their pretty boy favorite”

I feel my heart sink….

Ole: “Why? Was that your Earth shattering idea?”

Me: “Yes…..yes it was” Geez, I sound like a beaten Dog as I reply

Ole: (Laughing hysterically) “Goddamn!!, Turner just hired the boy Genius of Wrestling….you think of that all by yourself? Thanks for your first big contribution to nothing you stupid Son of a Bitch!!!”

Anderson storms out shaking his head…………between laughs he calls back to me “You run your first show in 5 days…….See if you can come up with a couple more brilliant ideas by then!” (more laughter)
Old 07-30-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Yearly state of the Company address

Annual Overview-Georgia Championship Wrestling 1983
Promoter
Jim Barnett

Current Roster
Main Event
Face Heel
Mr. Wrestling 2 Buzz Sawyer
Ole Anderson Larry Zybysko
Tommy “Wildfire” Rich

Upper Mid-Card
Face Heel
Bob Armstrong Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Paul Orndorff The Spoiler
Ron Garvin
Thunderbolt Patterson

Mid-Card
Face Heel
Brett Wayne Arn Anderson
Bruno Sammartino Jr. Les Thornton
Road Warriors

Lower Mid-Card
Face Heel
Brad Armstrong Pez Whatley
Johnny Rich Charlie Fulton
Tim Horner

Openers/Jobbers
Joe Lightfoot Rick McGraw Mike Starbuck
Scott Armstrong Italian Stallion

Staff
Booking Team Road Agents Backstage Help
Anthony Lee Gene Anderson Mr. Wrestling I
Ole Anderson Ole Anderson
Paul Ellering Mr. Wrestling I and II

Managers Announcers Referees
Paul Ellering Gordon Solie Scrappy McGowen
Freddy Miller

Popularity
Southeast: C
Great Lakes: C-

All other regions are F

Annual Finance Report
Balance $187,880.00
Profit/Loss N/A

The immediate tasks at hand include turning both Ole and Paul Orndorff, to get some balance at the top of the Cards in terms of Heels/Faces. Would also like to bring in a top Tag Team as the Road Warriors are raw. Apart from that we will proceed with what we have as I like our Roster, though I will keep an eye on both Austin Idol and Kevin Sullivan for future considerations.

I also add Paul Ellering to the booking team as he seems likeable enough and can hopefully serve as a buffer between Ole and I. One place I do like Ole is as a road agent. Not many will give him a hard time.

The previous show on TBS did a rating of over 26,000 viewers....I do a good job at next weeks New years brawl show and I think my first TV show will top it.....
Old 07-30-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I look forward to a hopeful Ole Anderson/Tommy Rich brawl.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

January 14th-1983

Event-New Years Brawl
Macon Coliseum, Macon GA

Search Lights scan the crowd at the Macon Coliseum as Mr. Wrestling II makes his way to the Ring.

Wrestling II: “Spoiler, you say you don’t like the fact that I was allegedly handed the TV title. Let’s get this straight for all the people here. You tried to cut corners, tried to cheat and it backfired on you. Now you run your mouth and whine how you were wronged. Well, I tell you what. Right here, tonight, in Macon Georgia! I will put the National TV title on the line against you…..If, you have the guts to accept!” Wrestling II stands defiantly as the Audience breaks into chants of “2, 2, 2, 2!”
Rating: A

Pez Whatley vs Italian Stallion
Whatley takes the duke in 7:58 with relative ease, ending matters against his raw adversary with the flying Willie Headbutt. The crowd gives polite applause to a lackluster match.
Rating: E

Spoiler: “I can’t wait to get a crack at you…I don’t need to cheat, I don’t need help, I don’t need anything from anyone!! I just need the National TV title back!! And that, is something I can do all on my own!” As Spoiler leaves the Ring Boos and half empty cups of soda cascade down on him in equal parts….The crowd’s in a near frenzy over this Feud.
Rating: B+

Brad Armstrong vs Charlie Fulton
The end comes in 12:01 with Armstrong hitting the side Russian leg Sweep in a very competitive Match. Fulton carries his younger opponent at the end, after Armstrong comes out too fast and blows up.
Rating: C-

Arn Anderson vs Tim Horner
The enforcer lays a horrific beating on Tim Horner, laying him out with a Chair and then attempting to break the youngsters Ankle, forcing Horner to finally quit in 9:27. Playing to the crowd Anderson is cursed as he leaves the Ring for injuring the popular Horner.

Ole catches up with Tommy Rich playing to the crowd over the PA system.
Ole Anderson: “I’m telling you boy, you have no priorities!! You cater to the fans and care only about how people see you. You have to be selfish son…It’s about getting all the Belts in Georgia………For us!!!”
Tommy Rich: “Whoa, whoa, that’s what it’s all about big O, making the people happy. That’s what Wildfire does, burning down the Barn baby!!”
The crowd erupts as Richs down home drawl permeates the Arena…………
Ole Anderson: “Stupid Redneck!”
Ole stomps off as Rich stands at the Arena entrance stunned……
Rating: B

The Scoreboard Video screen lights up Jake “The Snake” Roberts is shown leering as the camera pans in to an extreme close-up. Various highlights follow as Gordon Solie climbs into the Ring.
Solie: “Hide the Pets and the Kids everyone, appearing tonight in Macon, Jake ’The Snake’ Roberts.” A smattering of Boos from the Crowd……
Rating: C

Thunderbolt Patterson vs Les Thornton
Two wily veterans who, unfortunately, do not mesh well in the Ring, as T-Bolt looks awkward at times with the smaller Thornton. Les frustrates his bigger foe throughout with underhanded tactics, until at 11:32 Scrappy McGowen catches Thornton with his feet on the ropes in a pin attempt resulting in the DQ win for Patterson.

Backstage we catch Freddy Miller with Wrestling II
Wrestling II: “You’re after the belt Spoiler? Well somebody is getting hot, but it ain’t you!! Tonight I set Macon on fire!!” The chants begin again as the crowd is now on it’s feet.

Jake Roberts vs Bruno Sammartino Jr.
The Snake schools young Sammartino in 12:17 nailing Bruno Jr. with devastating DDT after escaping an attempted Bear Hug with a rake of the eyes. The crowd is now openly hostile to Jake, who seems to bask in the hatred.
Rating: C+

Mr. Wrestling II vs The Spoiler-National TV Title
The crowd is on it’s feet throughout as these two hardened veterans exchange moves in a savage display of Chess in the Ring. Spoiler avoids II’s million dollar knee lift with a ref bump and as II checks on McGowen, The Spoiler nails him with Brass Knuckles and covers…………….But McGowen is still out!!! By the time he recovers and starts the count the 15 minute time limit has expired……The crowd is going nuts!!!

The Spoiler is livid in the Ring pushing McGowen as Wrestling II struggles to recover. Gene Anderson comes down from the back and The Spoiler shoves him as well and Anderson responds with a punch! The Spoiler hits the bricks as the crowd taunts him.
Rating: B-

Rich and Anderson vs The Road Warriors-National Tag Titles
A wild brawl with both teams giving as good as they take. Ole and Rich gain the upper hand late in the Match abusing Hawk, as Animal stands helplessly on the Ring apron. Just as Rich leaps to apply a flying Head scissors, Ellering clocks him with his Cane. As McGowen struggles to keep Ole out of the Ring, Animal switches places with Hawk and gets the cover at 16:41….The winners and new National Tag Champions…The Road Warriors!!!!

Paul Ellering enters the Ring Waving frantically, he orders the Road Warriors to continue the assault. With the Tag Team belts they attack Rich and Anderson, finally hurling Wildfire from the Ring, they both focus on Anderson, as the Timekeeper rings the Bell in vain…….

Chants of Tommy rise from the Crowd as Rich regains his feet and pulls himself onto the Ring Apron…….seeing his Partner in trouble, Rich grabs the Timekeepers still vibrating Bell and goes after both Warriors and Ellering, sending bodies flying everywhere. In the Chaos Ole stumbles to his feet and staggers into Rich from behind. Instinctively, Tommy turns and floors Anderson with the Bell, and for the second time tonight, we see a stunned Tommy Rich standing alone over a prostrate Anderson, as the crowd goes eerily silent…

Overall Show Rating: C+

Backstage The show was a moderate success in my estimation and I am pleased with this, though the quality of some of the preliminary matches was not top notch. Still I am pleased as Ole walks into the staging area.

Ole ”Don’t get all full of yourself, it could have been better, and you have a TV taping to pull off in 24 hours…….be early tomorrow so we can get started!”

Anderson leaves to dress in his familiar huff and I can’t resist a small dig….

Me (in a half whisper) “Great job getting more heat than The Spoiler tonight”
Ole “What did you say?!?!”
Me “Oh, I just said great job and have a good night.”
Ole (Mumbling) “Good for nothing prick”

Danny-Stay tuned, I am sure Rich and Anderson have some Fireworks on the horizon.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
Danny-Stay tuned, I am sure Rich and Anderson have some Fireworks on the horizon.

Excellent. I always loved Rich and Ole even tho I never saw em live but through old videos. We need Smothers though.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:22 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday, January 16th-1983

Event-TV Taping Georgia Championship Wrestling
TBS Studios, Atlanta GA

Attendance 2000 (sell out)

The show opens and goes straight to the Ring for our first Match.

Johnny Rich vs Joe Lightfoot
A battle of Jobbers to start the show, Johnny Rich dominates winning in 6:01 with a Sunset flip. A rather dull affair, as both Wrestlers show why they are bottom feeders.

Gordon Solie prepares to introduce Ronnie Garvin, then suddenly Buzz Sawyer appears
Buzz “Gordon….aaaaaahhh….Buzz Sawyer isn’t worthy of your time?” (Breathing heavily) “There is nobody….nobody that can stand toe to toe with me!!! Garvin…..aaaahhhh….WHO IS HE……NO BUZZ SAWYER!”

Suddenly Ronnie Garvin appears in the interview area…..
Ronnie “Who do you think you are….You just don’t come out here drooling and barking, taking time away from Ronnie Gar..”
Buzz “GARVIN!”
Sawyer attacks Garvin and the two begin to trade punches knocking over items on the set.
Gordon Solie “Oh my, we are going to need some help out here”
The brawl continues as Gene Anderson and Thunderbolt Patterson rush in to separate the Wrestlers

The Lightning Express vs Pez Whatley and Charlie Fulton
Our heroes (Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner) get battered for the better part of the Match before Armstrong gets the hot tag and cleans house, catching Fulton with the side Russian Leg sweep at the 9:11 mark for the win.

Camera finds Tommy Rich and Ole Anderson in the Locker room
Ole “I told you, and I am sick and tired of telling you!! Forget the fans, focus on the killer instinct…the desire to take a man and cripple him. If you had that we would still be the Tag team Champions”
Tommy “Oh yeah, where were you when Ellering bushwhacked me, at least the fans care”
Ole “You ignorant little Southern fired Twerp, you lose the match, then you clock me with the Bell…..WHY? Cause you have no focus and I ought to slap some into you!”
Tommy “What you oughtta do is kiss my Southern Ass”

Rich storms off leaving Anderson fuming and the Crowd screaming in delight

Ole “Punk, you’ll be sorry you ever turned your back on an Anderson!”

Jake Roberts vs Rick McGraw
A mid-card squash as Jake toys with McGraw, at one point spitting in his face and slapping him, before ending the slaughter with the DDT at 7:18

Gordon Solie “Freddy you know we still have the big rematch for the National Tag Team Titles between Anderson and Rich and The Road Warriors in the final half hour, in a Cage no less.”
Freddy Miller “Well I hope they can both stand in the same corner after what we witnessed earlier”
Solie “Indeed”

Ronnie Garvin vs Buzz Sawyer
These two are at each other before the Bell even rings, and it is a horrific brawl. The men fight in and out of the Ring toe-to-toe like maniacs. Garvin catches Sawyer with the Big right hand starching him, but his follow through takes out Scrappy McGowen as well. Sawyer recovers and just as McGowen comes around he catches Garvin with his Chain. Ronnie is out cold and busted open as McGowen calls for the Bell. The winner by DQ in 13:31….Ronnie Garvin. Sawyer is furious and upends the announcers table as he leaves the Ring. The crowd is screaming at Sawyer and honor him with the Pepsi bath as he walks by.

Wrestling II is now in the Ring to the delight of the crowd….
Wrestling II “We ran out of time last night Spoiler and nothing is settled. I am here to tell you now, that right here, next week, I will put the TV Title up again to settle it once and for all” The crowd is now deafening as II drops off the Apron to shake hands with Ringsiders.
Rating: A* Wrestling II is insanely popular in Georgia!!

The Spoiler appears to confront II
Spoiler “We don’t have to wait until next week II, but whenever you want it, I will be there….right here, next week, I accept!!!” The crowd is absolutely delirious, we may need extra seating next Saturday!!
Rating: A*

The Main event is next and the crowd is abuzz as the Cage is constructed..
Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich vs The Road Warriors-National Tag Team Titles
A veritable blood bath ensues as Anderson and Rich attack the Warriors with a vengeance. The Warriors battle back and it seems like Rich and Anderson are wearing down. Rich fights gallantly as Anderson feigns being hurt. Finally overcome Rich is held down and pummeled by Hawk as Animal heads for the Door. As he opens the door, Anderson suddenly pops up and pulls the door back on Animals head, knocking him out. Anderson then escapes for the win, regaining the Titles as the studio erupts in cheers.

Tommy Rich stumbles from the Ring to celebrate and as he goes to embrace his partner, Anderson decks Rich with the Belt screaming “I told you, you have no focus!!!!” He then spits on Rich and walks off with both belts.

The Road Warriors are leaving the ring and Paul Ellering, furious over the loss directs them to attack a still prone Tommy Rich, which they do with zeal, putting the Boots to Wildfire again and again as he lays motionless on the cement. Several in the audience have to be restrained by security as they try and get at Ellering.

Overall Show Rating: B

Backstage
I am jubilant over the results of the show, we had a hot crowd from the first Rich/Anderson segment on. The Wrestling II/Spoiler feud is White Hot!!!!! I have to give Ole credit here as he started this angle before my arrival.

Speak of the Devil
Ole “OK, I have things set for my turn, don’t screw it up Dumbass!”

(What the hell was I thinking? Did I actually expect a compliment?)

Me “I think you did a good job too Ole, thank you” (slight sarcasm)

Ole “Self righteous Prick, go hump a Cat!”

And with that Mr. Sunshine disappears into the dressing room…….After once again making the World a happier place.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:43 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday, January 23rd-1983

Alumni Arena, Savannah GA

Attendance 2,390

I convince Jim Barnett to take the TV tapings on the road once a month. After much hesitation, he agrees so here we are in Savannah to see if we can pull it off. My reasoning been if we can draw above what the TBS studio holds, it would exceed the cost of moving the equipment around.

Jim Barnett is joined by both Tommy Rich and Ole Anderson
Barnett “I have received a request from both of you for a Match tonight”
The crowd roars. “If you want it, you got it, but you will need to sign this waiver indicating that the Tag belts will be stripped if you do not defend them together in the future”
Tommy Rich “It don’t matter what yall need me to do, I want the Match”
Ole Anderson “What you really want is an Ass kicking Farm boy!”
Waiver is signed and Rich walks to the back as Ole stares holes through his back.

Charlie Fulton vs Rick McGraw
Fulton the Weasel gets the best of the young upstart, blinding Rick with a mysterious white powder, then rolling him up for the pin at 5:41…A decent opener that gets a small reaction from the crowd. Good chemistry in the Ring here.

Gordon Solie “We have a very….distinguished I suppose…..guest with us here at Ringside”
The Camera pans back to reveal……………………….
JJ Dillon “You suppose??? Solie if you had the class of one of my patent leather clad feet, you would be a Dignitary of the highest order!”
Solie “Indeed”
Dillon “Let’s get down to business. I am here because the finest Wrestlers in the country, need the finest Manager.” Dillon pauses and pulls out a Cigar “The subtle smell of these smooth, smooth Havana’s, the finest Cigars, will soon fill the air. Right now, as I introduce you to my newest clients, and subsequently, each time they win from here to eternity”
Solie “And who might the lucky recipients of your vast expertise be Mr. Dillon?”
Dillon Takes a long, slow drag “Arn Anderson and Les Thornton, and that is only the beginning, it will get much better Folks!”
Solie “Well there you have it, now back to the Ring”

Dillon saunters to Ringside for your next Match….
Arn Anderson vs Johnny Rich
The Anderson/Rich rivalry is growing at all levels, but this is slightly more than a squash as double A pummels the smaller, weaker cousin of Tommy. Mercifully ending the slaughter with a Spinebuster at 7:31.

In the interview area…..
Tommy Rich “I want to apologize for my Tag team partner Ole Anderson. He has insulted me and all of our fans. All over greed and feed as my Daddy used to say. I promise yall I’ll straighten him out and get his head straight when we meet later tonight.”
The crowd gives Tommy a standing ovation as he leaves the Podium.

Paul Orndorff vs Les Thornton
JJ puffs away at Ringside as his charge gives Orndorff all he wants for 10 brisk minutes. Suddenly Paul counters a back drop and catches Thornton with a pile driver…1,2,3!! Orndorff gets the win in 11:04. As Mr. Wonderful leaves the Ring he snatches the Cigar from Dillon’s mouth and snuffs it under his Boot.

Mr. Wrestling II “As promised tonight I will defend the honor of the National TV title against my nemesis, The Spoiler. Tonight there will be no surrender, no retreat and no mercy!” The crowd starts the familiar chant of “2,2,2,2!”

Ole Anderson now makes his way to Ringside and grabs the Mic.
Ole Anderson “I want one thing perfectly, damn clear!!! I worked my tail off for these tag Belts and tonight, after I beat the tar out of Tommy. I am taking both the Tag belts home with me and that sniveling Redneck Punk will need to come crawling back and beg me for forgiveness, before I will ever defend them with him again.”
Rating: A Things are really heating up now as Ole turns.

Mr. Wrestling II vs The Spoiler-National TV title
An electrifying match. This one goes back and forth throughout, as these men know each other very well. As time winds down both Wrestlers exchange near pins and just miss their finishers. Finally the Spoiler falls backward and grabs II's tights propelling him between the turnbuckles headfirst into the Ring Post. Spoiler then pulls a motionless II to the center of the Ring and covers him as new Referee Bronco Lubich tolls 1…..2……Ding, Ding, Ding The time limit has expired again!!!! The match is a draw. The crowd is ready to riot!!

Spoiler is again livid and grabs the Mic….
Spoiler “Gene Anderson!! Gene Anderson get down here!!. I demand you review the replay and declare me Champion!!!!”
Anderson walks to the Ring, confers with Lubich and then takes the Mic from the Spoiler.
Gene Anderson “It’s a draw!!!”
Spoiler is going ballistic as Anderson returns to the back. The Ring is filling up with debris and the Spoiler bails out gesturing menacingly at the crowd as he goes.

Ole Anderson vs Tommy Rich
These two bring down the house as they start out scientifically exchanging holds and counter holds at a frenzied pace. Anderson soon cracks and the Match degenerates into a raging brawl with both Men wearing the crimson mask. Finally a frustrated, tiring Anderson unwraps the tape on his hands and uses it to hang Rich over the ropes. Scrappy McGowen counts, but Ole refuses to release him. With Rich on the verge of passing out from lack of air McGowen calls for the Bell!!! The winner by DQ in 17:39…Tommy Rich. A fantastic match that had the crowd rocking!
Rating: A*

Anderson releases Rich at the sound of the Bell and after shoving McGowen to the ground, resumes the assault on Rich. The beating includes Chairs, tables and set props and even a Fan, who gets decked by Anderson when he hops the rail. Anderson is maniacal and has to be pulled off Rich by half the roster as the show ends….His turn is now complete.

Overall show rating: A A great result!!!!

Backstage
I am tremendously happy as the show ends and Jim Barnett stops by to congratulate me on a good job. Ole makes his way to the staging area…glances at me….
Ole “You should thank God for the workers you have under you…..even you can’t screw up this wet dream”

WTF…..what is it with him.

Barnett “Oh lighten up Ole, the kid did a good job”
Me “Thank you Mr. Barnett, I have some surprise in store for this feud in the coming weeks”
Ole “The only surprise will be how deep my Foot gets up your Ass if you try any funny shit!!”
Me “I think you will be happy Ole”
Ole “Go to Hell!!”
Old 07-30-2006, 11:46 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I love it. The inevitable blood bath inside a cage or a dog collar match or something of the sort should be awesome.

Now you need Smothers to even the field. Heh.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:36 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday, January 28th-1983

Event-GCW Border Wars
Paramax Arena, Louisville KY

Attendance 539

We hit the road in our annual excursion outside of the Southeast and I am nervous. We have a lot of momentum going on our home turf, so hopefully advance word is out.

JJ Dillon is standing in the Ring with Arn Anderson and Les Thornton to start the show
JJ “I mentioned on Television last week, there was some big news coming….With great pride, I announce the formation of The Triad…….I am your CEO and my charter members stand next to me. There is but one chair left…and that Chair belongs to….”
Smoke forms in the entry way and as it clears the crowd sees….
Gordon Solie “Ole Anderson!!!!”
The crowd showers Anderson with insults as he makes his way to the Ring to embrace his new Stable mates….Dillon’s maniacal laughter echoes over the PA system…..
Solie “Poor, poor Tommy Rich”

JJ Dillon “Ole….would you like to address our shareholders?”
Ole Anderson “Shareholders? The only thing these inbred’s share and hold are their cousins!”
The stable laughs as the crowd turns ugly.
Ole “I tell you what I want to share JJ….I want to share my size 12 boot with Tommy Richs Ass! Rich!!! If you’ve got the guts, then come to my World boy, so I can teach you the meaning of humility!!”

Scott Armstrong vs Mike Starbuck
Thankfully a short match as Armstrong wins with a Missile dropkick at the 4:31 mark…absolutely no heat at all for this one.
Rating: F

Ronnie Garvin walks in from the parking lot and is suddenly set upon by Buzz Sawyer and…….The living legend Larry Zbyszko!! Paul Ellering can be seen in the background smiling as the Heels pummel Garvin, before throwing him back out the door into the parking lot. (Zbyszko has missed our last 3 shows working elsewhere, I am beginning to question the wisdom of keeping him)

Pez Whatley vs Brett Wayne
These two put on a good effort, but the crowd does not seem to care much. The end comes when Whatley tosses Wayne over the top rope giving Brett the DQ win in 7:32.
Rating: D

Ronnie Garvin staggers to the Podium in total disarray.
Garvin “You want to up the ante eh Sawyer? Bring in another player….Well Hands of Stone has some connections too….I tell you what. Me and a partner I choose, against you and the Living Legend in his own mind…..tonight!!!”
Freddy Miller “Looks like he is serious about this”
Solie “Brilliantly stated as always Freddy”

Jake Roberts vs Johnny Rich
Roberts seems to go through the motions, yet still dominates his outclassed foe. As usual the DDT ends the affair in Jakes favor at 6:40.
Rating: E A “boring” chant broke out during this one….I expect more from Jake!

Jim Barnett makes his way to the Ring……
Barnett “Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce the acquisition of one of the truly talented young Tag Teams around. Please provide a huge Kentucky welcome to…….The Fabulous ones!!
Solie “Wow…Georgia Championship wrestling is becoming the place to be.”
Steve Keirn and Stan Lane make their way to the Ring waving to the crowd, which seems to warm up a little, but still appear lethargic.

As the Fabulous ones wait for there opponents, an image flashes up on the Arena Screen.
The Spoiler and Paul Orndorff are shown chatting discreetly backstage….they notice the House camera and immediately vanish into the shadows…The crowd responds with Catcalls directed at the Spoiler….
Freddy Miller “What do you suppose that was about Gordon?”
Solie “I think it’s a safe bet they were not looking for the nearest Krystal Burger”

The Fabulous ones vs Joe Lightfoot and the Italian Stallion
A predictable squash as Lane and keirn cruise in their GCW debut. Stan Lane defeats Lightfoot with a Sleeper hold in 6:03.

Ronnie Garvin makes his way to the interview area….
Garvin “When you think of experience, passion and the kind of man you would want by your side in an dark alley, you think of Tag team partner for the evening….Bullet Bob Armstrong!” Armstrong comes out to polite applause and we catch a shot of Sawyer and Zbyszko freaking out in the back. Garvin and Armstrong then head to the Ring.

Ronnie Garvin and Bob Armstrong vs Larry Zbyszko and Buzz Sawyer
The veterans put on a fantastic match that finally gets the crowd breathing. Sawyer goes nuts on Garvin after Zbyszko distracts the Ref. Garvin comes back and makes the hot tag and Armstrong clean houses, until getting nailed from behind by Zbyszko. As Garvin chases Larry around ringside, Sawyer steals the pin on Bob with his feet on the Ropes at 14:52. The crowd is pissed and tries desperately to explain what happened to referee Lubich to no avail.

Paul Orndorff comes to the Ring and grabs the House Mic….
Orndorff “I am both humbled and honored to be in the presence of so many great Wrestlers……That said, I would like to ask for the opportunity to face one of the best…Mr. Wrestling II, for the National TV Title”
Solie “Orndorff humble? Something seems amiss here”

II steps to the entrance way……
Wrestling II “You know things have not always been rosy between us…but I believe in giving everyone deserving a shot and I think you deserve it….so we will do this Saturday on TV” The crowd cheers as Orndorff bows in reverence to II.
Rating C+

Ole Anderson vs Tommy Rich-Non Title Match
Rich’s National Heavyweight Title will not be on the line as he faces not only Anderson, but the threat of the Triad. An excellent Match as Anderson gains control again and again, only to have Rich rally each time. As Rich locks Ole in a Sleeper hold, Dillon climbs onto the Apron and clocks Rich which his Shoe. Anderson seizes the advantage and applies an abdominal stretch on Rich. Using the ropes for leverage Anderson finally forces Rich to pass out. Anderson gets the nod by submission at 14:27.

Overall Rating: B-

Backstage
I am shocked the show grade out so well with some the stinker matches, but we finished strong and there is definitely some intrigue remaining from this evening.

I can’t wait to see Ole after tonight’s cluster……He staggers back and merely smirks at me and heads to the Shower………I am feeling like a pardoned Killer as I head for my Car until I hear a familiar voice call out as I pass the Showers…

Ole “Tonight’s show was the drizzling shits son!”
Me “You missed a spot Ole”
Ole “You son of a bitch, I haven’t missed a spot in over 600 matches!”

Now it’s my laughter that echoes as the I head into the Night……finally something went over his huge balding head.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday, January 19th-1983

Friday January 29th, 1983
GCW Offices

Operator: “Motel 6 can I help you?”
Me: “Yes I need Johnny Quests room please” (Johnny Quest is the AKA used by Larry Zbyszko on the road)
Larry Zbyszko: “Yeah”
Me: “Larry, how are you. Listen, I heard that you would not be at tomorrows TV taping again and was wondering why?”
Larry: “Well, because I will be at Mid-Atlantic, they do tapings every Saturday, just like you do”
Me: “That’s the point Larry, you have missed every taping since I arrived and I feel like you could miss one of theirs for a change”
Larry: “Yeah, well I got a good run going here right now and want to keep it going, unless of course you sweeten the pot a bit booker man”
Me: “You know I can’t do that, we have a policy about renegotiating deals. May I remind you that you are also involved in a storyline here and your presence is needed tomorrow”
Larry: “Cut the BS kid, I am a bit player for Sawyer in that angle and I think you can get by without me just fine”
Me: “You know you are right, you are being released”
Larry: “WHAT?”
Me: “Fired!”

I hang up to the strains of Zbyszko doing his best Ole imitation in my ear, complete with all the endearing terms I have grown to love…….

Scarcely 15 minutes later the phone rings………It’s Ole…..
Ole: “You tell me this is your idea of a joke right now you son of a bitch!”
Me: “What are you talking about Ole?”
Ole: “You grimy little maggot, letting Zbyszko go, you know damn well what I am talking about!!”
Me: “Listen…”
Ole: “No, you listen punk!! Larry was a main event player in this company and you just don’t cut someone loose like that without a good reason!”
Me: “How about missing 3 TV tapings in a row when he is involved in a significant storyline?”
Ole: “You self righteous prick, you keep me in the loop on your stupid ideas!!”
Me: “You weren’t here…and besides I have a couple of surprises in store for the taping tomorrow……Mr. Barnett thinks they will make people forget about Larry, oh yeah, Paul Ellering likes them too”
Ole: “Mr. Bar….Ellering…..what the Fuck!!….Who do you think you are, doing all this crap behind my back???? You think you are some goddamn expert all of a sudden? You are too stupid to pass a urine test, even if you studied for it you little prick!! Wait till I get back there and slap about 5 teeth from your mouth”
Me: “Guess then I would look like one of your Aunts” (I whisper under my breath)
Ole: “WHAT DID YOU SAY?”
Me: “I was just reminding myself to look at some new Pants……you know, for the Taping tomorrow..”
Ole: “Go to Hell!!!”
With that I am soothed by the sound of a dial tone……and Ole, well he probably storms off to lay wax on the steps of a Nursing home somewhere…..
Old 08-02-2006, 08:42 AM   #12
condors
College Starter

good stuff
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Remember reading this over on Grey Dog. Good stuff, keep it up
Old 08-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Remember reading this over on Grey Dog. Good stuff, keep it up

Heehee, yeah I am catching it up over here, while simming ahead so I have material in reserve for those frequent writer blocks I run into

Thanks Condors, this has been a fun dynasty for me, brings back a lot of memories.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-02-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday, January 30th-1983

TBS Studios, Atlanta, GA

Attendance 2000 (sellout)

Ole is not booked tonight and Jim Barnett promises to keep him in the control room….he also suggests I go anywhere but there as Ole is still sore over the Zbyszko firing.

A shadowy figure is seen chatting with Jake Roberts near a utility closet….it is impossible to overhear the conversation, but Roberts takes a rather large envelope and leaves the area smiling.

Scott Armstrong vs Charlie Fulton
A clunker of a match that ends in 7:36 when Fulton rolls up Armstrong and gets the pin with a handful of tights. Fulton leaves an angered Armstrong complaining to Scrappy McGowen as the crowd serenades him with derisive comments.

Jake Roberts makes his way to the Ring and takes the House Mic
Jake “The other day, in my minds eye, I saw a vision….a vision that I would stand triumphant over all that I hold in contempt in this World. Namely the spineless, the shameless and the weak of will. Two Men emerged from the shadows of my tortured vision only to be cast to the pits of Hell, by yours truly”
Jake pauses to stare at a terrified boy in the front row, who promptly buries his head in his Fathers armpit.
“Steve Keirn, Stan Lane……Fabulous or doomed? Come now to bring my vision to fruition!”

Gordon Solie “This man is twisted”

The Fabulous ones appear, looking confused as the crowd spurs them on……walking slowly to the Ring, they shout at Roberts who stands with his arms outstretched…..suddenly from behind the Fabulous ones.

Freddy Miller “Gordon is that??”
Solie “It’s the Sheepherders!!!”

Luke Williams and Butch Miller attack Keirn and Lane from behind with chairs, laying the Fabulous ones out and completely destroying them with an unadulterated savagery. They leave them lying as Roberts stands in Ring leering at the fallen heroes.

The Road Warriors vs The Lightning express
Hawk and Animal are brutal, taking the fight to Tim Horner and Brad Armstrong in short order. Horner is double teamed and driven through the mat with a clothesline from the top rope in 6:37.

Woozy and battered Stan Lane and Steve Keirn track down Jim Barnett and demand a shot at the Sheepherders.
Barnett: “I will give you a match with the Sheepherders….in fact, it will happen right here, Tonight!!” The crowd approves as The Fabulous ones, shake Barnett’s hand and stagger to the locker area.

Paul Orndorff makes his way to the Ring to a positive response from the Crowd.
Orndorff “You know, I can’t wait for my match with Wrestling II tonight. I am honored to earn a shot at this prestigious Title and will surely do my best against the Champion.” Orndorff smiles and waves to the audience.

Thunderbolt Patterson vs Les Thornton
A brisk back and forth match between two veterans. Things turn in Patterson’s favor as he lands an earsplitting Head butt and moves in to put Thornton away. At this moment JJ Dillon enters the Ring as Arn Anderson comes out of the crowd. Bronco Lubich rings the bell at 10:53 giving the DQ win to Patterson as all three Men now put the boots to Thunderbolt.

Cut to the Locker room as Mr. Wrestling II appears to a huge ovation.
Wrestling II: “Orndorff, you have been very respectful and have done a lot of good all over Georgia. Before the Match and after, we can shake hands and walk away friends. But for the 15 minutes, you will need to bring your best, because this Belt doesn’t go anywhere without a fight”

The Fabulous ones vs The Sheepherders
A brutal affair as these two teams tear into each other with a vengeance. Bronco Lubich struggles to keep up with the action and Butch Miller takes advantage of the chaos to KO Stan Lane with a pair of Brass knuckles. As he goes for the cover the weapon falls out of his tights in front of Lubich, who promptly disqualifies the Sheepherders….The winners at 13:49 by DQ…The Fabulous ones!!!

Furious the Sheepherders set upon the Fabulous ones and administer yet another dreadful beating as officials try vainly to separate the two teams.

From the interview area we see Buzz Sawyer….in a suit????
Sawyer: “SOLIE…..stay put….arrrrrrhhhhh. Buzz Sawyer can do it all…..this is my show now….arrrrhhhhhhhh.” Breathing Heavily Sawyer continues “GARVIN, Ronnie Garvin….you are my guest…..arrrrhhh….You can’t wrestle, you talk like a stupid Canadian….arrrhhhhh…COME HERE”

Ronnie Garvin makes his way to the Set
Garvin: “Listen…I won’t talk with an animal, Solie you come do this interview or I am out”
Solie: “I think I am fine right here”
Sawyer: “GARVIN, talk to the People about what happened….arrrrhhhh….Tell them why…..NO……I’ll tell them…..You are a woman!!! GARVIN….aarrrhhhh. They gave you a win…..You couldn’t get it yourself…..Cause you wear a skirt…..an UGLY Skirt……..Hands of STONE…….arrhhhhhh…..These are hands of Stone” Sawyer grabs a Statue from behind the Podium……and laughs..”You are hands of a WOMAN!”
Garvin: “I don’t have to listen to this, you want to fight me, we can take it right up there….” Garvin, red with rage turns to point to the Ring……

Sawyer: “Face me…..GARVIN” As Garvin turns Sawyer brings the Statue down on Garvin’s head. Ronnie falls to the floor stunned and busted open as Sawyer squeals in delight.

Sawyer plays up to the Crowd mocking Garvin as Ronnie struggles to regain his feet……Gaining strength as he crawls toward Sawyer, Garvin sees his own Blood and loses it…..
Garvin: “Sawyer, you are a dead man!!!” Stumbling forward in a blind rage Garvin is now trashing everything in sight as Sawyer runs for higher ground..

Wrestling II vs Paul Orndorff-National Television Title
A well paced scientific match that has the crowd behind both men. Just past the 11 minute mark II falls from the Ring after a backdrop. As II climbs back into the Ring, Orndorff holds the Ropes open, then sucker Punches II as he climbs between them. As Scrappy McGowen admonishes Orndorff, the Spoiler appears and places a rag soaked with Ether over II’s face as he regains his feet. Spoiler shoves an unconscious II back into the Ring and Orndorff covers for the Pin…The winner at 12:30, and new Television Champion…..Paul Orndorff!!! The crowd is absolutely livid over this turn of events.

Overall Rating: B

Backstage
I am sure somewhere in his mind Ole is trying to find a way to blame this slight drop off in the show on my firing of Zbyszko. At least he still hates me enough not to talk me. The show still finished extremely strong, but I am a little disappointed that the Sheepherders debut and assault on the Fab ones was not better received. I will stick with it though and find a way to get it these teams over.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-02-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monthly Overview

Monthly Report February 1st 1983

Upcoming Shows
GCW TV Taping Saturday February 6th
GCW TV Taping Saturday February 13th
Parade of Champions Sunday February 14th
GCW TV Taping Saturday February 19th
Border Wars Thursday February 24th
GCW TV Taping Saturday February 26th

Champions
National Heavyweight-Tommy Rich
National Tag Team-Ole Anderson/Tommy Rich
National Television-Paul Orndorff
GCW Light-Heavyweight-Les Thornton

Business
Hiring’s Terminations
??-Mystery Singles Star Larry Zbyszko
??-Mystery Singles Star David Sammartino
The Fabulous Ones
The Sheepherders
JJ Dillon
Bronco Lubich

Injuries Discipline
None Jake Roberts-Verbal warning for Tardiness
Paul Ellering-Verbal warning for Tardiness
Road Warrior Animal-Verbal warning for Tardiness

Finances
Balance: $157,459.00 Last Month: -$42,521.00

Memos
Two big Singles signings will be unveiled in the coming weeks, one fairly soon and the other towards the end of the Month…….Both these guys are big names and they will make an impact when all is said and done. I will look to bring in a Heel for the lower mid-card in the next few days and will probably stand pat for a bit after that. The Zbyszko release was well documented and Bruno’s kid just frankly does not have a place with us right now.

We are injury free and nothing serious in terms of discipline problems, though Jake Roberts does come across as a loose Cannon.

We will have to really work on getting the crowds out as operating at over 42 grand in the Red each month will not be conducive to a lengthy stint with the Book.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:53 AM   #17
condors
College Starter

I am not familar with dott mod but is there any chance of you bringing in Ric Flair at some point? would be great to see him with the Andersons and James J Dilon. Maybe get Tully Blanchard also. puts up 4 fingers
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday, February 6th-1983

TBS Studios, Atlanta, GA

Attendance 2,278 (Standing Room only)

The show starts with The Spoiler already standing at the Microphone….
Spoiler “A wonderful thing happened last week. The National TV Title was torn from the waist of an undeserving, ungrateful and unwanted Champion. And today, I am prepared to make the final reparations…..To return this Title to it’s rightful place. Mr. Orndorff, please grace us with your presence.”

Paul Orndorff appears near the arena entrance holding the TV Title….The crowd does not know what to think at this point.

Spoiler “Mr. Orndorff, in recognition of your glorious achievement, I am prepared to pay the princely sum of $25,000.00 for you to turn the TV Title over to me….The rightful Champion” The Crowd begins to boo raucously at this suggestion..

Orndorff looks at the Title…….looks at The Spoiler….shakes his head and disappears into the back.

Pez Whatley vs The Italian Stallion
An uneventful match with Whatley dominating the proceedings, earning the win with a Flying Willie Head butt in 5:42.

Paul Orndorff appears at Ringside with the TV Belt….addressing The Spoiler, who had joined Solie and Miller for the Whatley Match.
Orndorff: “Spoiler………You try to besmirch the reputation of the prestigious TV Title by offering cash to possess it? What kind of Wrestler....What kind of Man….would I be, if I turned this Belt over to you for dirty Money? I will tell you what kind of Man I would be………….$25,000.00 richer!!!!”

Laughing, Orndorff hands the Belt to The Spoiler, takes the cash and the Wrestlers embrace leaving the Studio audience in a state of shock….
Solie: ”We just may have witnessed another step toward the decline of western Civilization”
Rating B+

Solie “I believe at this point Freddie, we have no choice, but to introduce the new National Television Champion………..The Spoiler!!”
Miller: “I can believe it Gordon……..You are right, this is a dark, dark day.”

Les Thornton vs Brett Wayne-Non Title Match
A fast moving match, with Wayne showing surprisingly well, taking the fight to the Jr. Heavyweight Champion from the outset. With his man fading JJ Dillon becomes involved, bushwhacking Wayne with his loaded Penny Loafer, giving Thornton the win at 10:33.
Rating C+

Cut to the interview area where the ever present Spoiler stands with the TV Title. The crowd is openly hostile.
Spoiler: “SHUT UP YOU MISCREANTS! Show the respect your Champion has earned. You see, any Wrestler can use his brawn to succeed. But I, The Spoiler have shown once again that I am not only a physical equal to any man in the sport, but intellectually superior to all!”

Gene Anderson: “Not so fast Spoiler…..you see there are by-laws here in Georgia Championship wrestling……By-laws put in place to insure that those who pass off deceit and treachery as intelligence are kept on equal footing with those who respect the tradition that has been built here.
Spoiler: “What are you getting at Anderson?”
Gene: “Not only am I stripping you of the TV Title….but I am booking a Title match for later in the show……between you, Orndorff and Wrestling II, to settle this issue once and for all!!” The Crowd erupts with this news……
Spoiler: “NOOOO!”

Thunderbolt Patterson vs Arn Anderson
The brash new bully and the seasoned Vet go at it in a give and take affair. The match degenerates into a wild brawl and the two warriors take it up into the seats, forcing Bronco Lubich to declare the Match a draw due to count-out at the 10:31 mark.

Ole Anderson and JJ Dillon take a place at Ringside and launch into a tirade against Tommy Rich.
Ole: “JJ, it seems that Tommy Rich is confused…..”
JJ: “Well if you were your Wife’s cousin twice removed from your great Aunt you would be confused too Ole”
Ole: “Well hell I guess so, you see, I kicked his Butt last week in a non-Title match and what does he do for his next defense…..He gives his joined at their Redneck, separated at birth, hicksville twin Charlie Fulton a shot at the National Title this week!!”
JJ: “What do expect Ole, If Rich had to live on alphabet soup he would starve to death because he would forget what to eat after B!!!”

Freddy Miller: “Will we really be seeing a Rich/Fulton Title match?
Solie: “I do believe we will Freddie”

Tommy Rich vs Charlie Fulton-National Heavyweight Title
Rich is spectacular, dominating the game but overmatched Fulton throughout, eventually retaining the Title with a Bionic Elbow at 6:43.

Enraged, Ole Anderson hits the Ring and batters both Rich and Fulton with a Steel Chair…After knocking Rich semi-conscious, Anderson tries to break Rich’s leg with the Chair as security eventually restrains the mad man from Minnesota.

Mr. Wrestling II vs Paul Orndorff vs The Spoiler-National TV Title
II is set upon by both men and dominated throughout the match….so arrogant are the duo that they pull Wrestling II up from sure pins several times. With time winding down in the 15 minute match they decide to finish it. As Orndorff hold II, Spoiler comes off the rope with a vicious clothesline….but II ducks and Orndorff is flattened!! II then hurls Spoiler over the top Rope onto the Floor and as Orndorff attempts to stand, II nails him with the Million Dollar Knee Lift and covers him for the pin in 13:50. The winner and once again National TV Champion….Mr. Wrestling II.

Wrestling II lifts the belt triumphantly, but Spoiler climbs back into the Ring and jumps him from behind. Orndorff soon joins in the assault and they batter II from post to post…leaving him motionless in the middle of the Ring, throwing the TV Belt in the trash as they leave.

Buzz Sawyer appears as the show nears it’s end.
Sawyer: “GARVIN…..you assaulted me….arrrhhhhh….I was a victim….I was doing Solie’s job…….arrrrrhhhhh…..It’s not my fault you tripped….STUPID STATUE…you deserved it Garvin……BUZZ SAWYER…..I tried to warn you…..I told you….Hands of Stone….Brain of Mush…arrrhhhhh….Now I need a somebody to watch my back……..” Breathing heavily as always Sawyer Continues “I have a friend Garvin……GARVIN……meet my Bodyguard!!”

Pyrotechnics explode as a muscular figure steps through the curtain……

Solie: “What the…………What is he doing here?”
Miller: “It’s the Universal heartthrob Gordon!!!”
Solie: “INDEED! Austin Idol has come to Georgia!!!” The crowd is beside itself with this development…..

Overall Show rating: B

Backstage
The second of my three surprises is here, and I kept Idol outside until the end so that nobody but Sawyer would know beforehand.....Even Solie and Miller were kept in the dark and Ole is beside himself………
Ole: “You brought that muscle bound rip-off of Superstar Graham in to replace Zbyszko??? Are really that goddamn stupid?”
Me: “I guess we will see Ole”
Ole: “I guess I need to see your sorry Ass in the parking lot to beat some sense into you!!! Get your head out of your Ass and your hand off your prick and start thinking Son”
Me: “Guess you want to be the only one then?”
Ole: “The only one what?”
Me: Walking briskly to the door “I wasn’t talking about booking”
Ole: “What does that mean you jackass?”
Smiling as he overhears our chat……JJ whispers something to Ole…..the door is closing behind me as I hear Ole scream…..”You son of a Bitch!!!!!”

Condors: I have my sights set on Flair, but he is with Mid Atlantic right now and we have a working agreement with them respecting each others talent. I am debating about whether or not I want to risk a talent war at this point, though the thought of the Horseman in GCW is tempting.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-04-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monday, February 8th-1983

TBS Towers - Atlanta, GA

I am summoned to a meeting in Ted Turners office in the TBS Towers. As I am shown into the Conference Room Mr. Turner and Jim Barnett greet me. Ole and Paul Ellering arrive before Barnett has released my Handshake and he directs us all to take a seat.

Jim: “Thanks for coming, I am afraid we have some bad news.”
Me: “What’s going on?”
Ted: “We have been faced with a changing Demographic in terms of the core audience on TBS. The problem this presents, is that Wrestling does not draw well in that demographic, who tends to enjoy a more classic type of Television”

Out of the corner of my Eye I see something that resembles a smile crease Ole’s large Skull…..Turner continues…..

Ted: “Though the numbers have risen slightly since you came on board…..this decision was made for the most part, 2 weeks prior to you being hired, as ratings had been in decline for some time. Because of this we will be dropping Georgia Championship Wrestling from our Television schedule.”

Suddenly, Ole’s smile is gone…..…and if only on the inside that makes me smile. We still just lost our Show though and it feels like my guts were just torn out.

Ted: “Despite the fact that we are heavily vested in GCW as an entity, it does not override the need to do what is best for TBS, which is considerably higher on the food chain than Wrestling at the current time.”

The conversation drags on, but I don’t hear a great deal of what is said after that. In a nutshell, despite owning a portion of GCW, Turner thinks he will make more money off another show in our slot. I wonder secretly if he just wants to use GCW as a tax write-off for his other ventures. Whatever the reason, we are now without a TV show and if I don’t find a replacement quick we stand to lose a lot of talent and a lot of money in the coming Months!!

If there is a redeeming factor here, it is that I was in the same room as Ole for an hour and he didn’t make a peep.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Interesting turn of events. Excited to see where it leads.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sunday, February 14th-1983

Event-Parade of Champions
Nashville Fairgrounds, Nashville, TN

Attendance 1130

Though all of the workers have heard the news about TBS dropping us, this is still the first chance I have to meet with them all. The mood is somber, but I reveal that since our cancellation on TBS I have secured a spot with a local Network in the Great Lakes area.
Me: “The new show will be called ‘Superstars of Wrestling’ and will be telecast Saturday nights in the Great Lakes region at 11:00 PM. The show will be an hour long and I have also sent out feelers to several Networks in the South and I think we have some good Prospects there”
Ole: “Great, maybe we can come on even later…Like after one of those Thigh Master advertisements that bitch from Three’s company does.” Snickers are heard from various corners of the room.
Me: “Her name is Suzanne Somers Ole” Not the greatest of comebacks but my Head hurts already and I just don’t have the energy……..

Jim Barnett walks to the Ring to start the Show
Barnett: “Ladies and Gentlemen, due to a current conflict between the co-holders of the National Tag Team belts….The Championship committee of Georgia Championship Wrestling has no choice, but to strip Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich…And declare the Titles vacant.”

Suddenly the Sheepherders appear from the back and walk to the Ring….
Butch: “Oye!!!! Mr. Barnett…..I’m thinking me mate ere, and me self, might ave a solution for ya. “ Luke Williams sneers in a maniacal fashion as Barnett looks puzzled.
Butch: “The Sheep’erders would be honored to wallop those ponces the Fabulous ones….And take yer bloody Tag Titles for our own Mate!!!”
Barnett: “If the Fabulous ones accept…..You have a Match”

Puttin on the Ritz blares over the Arena Speakers as Keirn and Lane step through the curtain.
Lane: “You filthy piece of New Zealand crap….you want us????
Keirn: “You got us!!” We have a match for the Tag Titles folks

Charlie Fulton vs Scott Armstrong
The veteran Fulton schools the youngest of the Armstrong clan early. As Scott begins to fight back, Fulton goes down and hurls him through the ropes with a hand full of Tights where Armstrong is counted out in 6:49 after hitting his head on the Cement. Winner, Charlie Fulton.

The Fabulous ones are seen sitting on a Bench talking Match strategy, when the Sheepherders appear out of nowhere….in the brutality that follows, Keirn is put through a Table and Lane is battered with a 50 gallon Steel drum.

Arn Anderson vs Tim Horner
Horner fights gallantly, but Anderson is much too strong, working on the youngsters back throughout to soften him up. As Horner attempts to rally, JJ Dillon brings down the wrath of the loaded Shoe and Anderson secures the pin in 7:53, before adding injury to insult with a camel clutch after the Bell.

Gordon Solie: “Ladies and Gentlemen, I have just been handed a note from the back that Ronnie Garvin is here and has been given a Match with Buzz Sawyers new ‘Bodyguard’ Austin Idol. Two stipulations insisted on by Ronnie Garvin and approved by Mr. Barnett are…No Buzz Sawyer at Ringside and……...It will be an Indian Strap match!!”

The Fabulous ones vs the Sheepherders-National Tag Team Titles
A violent encounter with both teams in the Ring at the start in a free for all that sees all four Men bloodied. As the Match progresses the effects of the earlier ambush by the Sheepherders begins to show. The end comes when Luke Williams chokes Steve Keirn unconscious with the Tag strap as Scrappy McGowen tries to get Miller and Lane out of the Ring. When the chaos subsides Williams covers Keirn for the pin in 16:05, the winners and new National Tag Champions….The Sheepherders.

Buzz Sawyer and Austin Idol appear with Solie…….A sneering Sawyer is in rare form.
Buzz: “GARVIN!!!!......arrrrrrhhhhh….You have rules…….SAWYER RULES!!! You…..You…..DROOL GARVIN!!!.....arrhhhhhhhh.” Idol chuckles and flexes as Sawyer continues…..
Buzz: “You see Garvin….you see what you are going to get……this is my bodyguard and your IDOL!!!!..............arrrhhhhhhh…..Austin Idol…..GARVIN…tonight you die!!!!! Strap match…..Indians….arrrhhhh…He Doesn’t care…..Sawyer won’t be there……You still DIE!!!!.......GARVIN!!!!”
Idol: “Take a look big Daddy……take a lonnnngggg look” Idol poses as the crowd hisses derisively.

Backstage Wrestling II rounds the corner on his way to dress and bumps into…The Spoiler!
Spoiler: “Old man……watch yourself…and watch your Title, because I have not gone away, nor will I until that TV belt rests once more around my waist!!”
Wrestling II: “You’ve followed me from town to town…and you are wearing on me like a bad set of Tires Spoiler…….back up…or back it up!!!!”
The two Wrestlers go nose to nose exchanging insults as security scrambles to separate them.

Tommy “Wildfire” Rich vs Les Thornton-National Heavyweight Title
Rich has to contend not only with the savvy Thornton, but the meddling JJ Dillon, who interjects himself constantly into the Match. Taking Dillon’s loaded Shoe, Rich decks JJ, then drops Thornton, before hitting a vertical Splash to retain the National Heavyweight Title in 11:35.

As Rich plays to the Fans, Ole Anderson charges in from the back, dropping Rich with a clothesline, then invites Dillon and Thornton to join in the mugging as crowd showers the Ring with debris, that actually includes someone’s false Teeth!!! Dillon picks up the Dentures, yells "Bite ME!" and hurls them back into the crowd.

Ronnie Garvin vs Austin Idol-Indian Strap Match
Both men wear the crimson mask early as they find a variety of ingenious ways to use the strap as a weapon. Idol undoes Garvin’s arm then attempts to strangle Ronnie with the Strap as Garvin flails away desperately. Finally driving Idol into the Turnbuckles, Garvin escapes and drops Idol with the “Big Right Hand” Following up with the Garvin Stomp, Ronnie steals the win in 16:44.

With Buzz Sawyer nowhere in sight, Garvin now goes berserk……flinging Idol over the top Rope, but hanging onto the strap, which pulls Idol’s arm back as he goes to the Floor and appears to dislocate his Shoulder.

Wrestling II vs The Spoiler-National TV Title
Another close match in this series as both of the well studied veterans go move for move, punch for punch. Spoiler gets careless at the 11 minute mark trading barbs with a particularly volatile group at Ringside and II drops him with a leg sweep, as the Spoiler rises, II charges, and lands the Million Dollar Knee!!!! Before he can cover Orndorff hits the Ring and clobbers II from behind….all hell breaks loose as Bronco Lubich calls for the Bell…Winner by DQ at 11:34…and still National TV Champion…Mr. Wrestling II!

Wrestling II has no chance to celebrate as now both Orndorff and The Spoiler continue to beat him with anything they can get their hands on. With II battered and dazed face up on the Mat, the Spoiler spits on the TV belt and hurls at forcefully on Wrestling II’s head. Two men in the crowd try and get at Spoiler and are thrown to the ground by security….one takes a kick to the Head from Orndorff for his troubles.

Overall Show Rating: B

Backstage
A successful show and everyone worked hard, despite the current issues with the TV situation…….Hopefully one of the Southern channels comes through for as happy as I am to get the Great lakes show, it just seems like it would be death if we couldn’t telecast in our core area.

Ole is showered and out early tonight to make an appearance in Marietta in the Morning and I count my blessings that I do not have to interact with him any further tonight…..

As I leave though I see a note under my Windshield wiper.

“Great job on losing the TV show Jackoff…..I would have left you a twenty to get a Whore for consolation, but I didn’t know if you would have enough room in your wallet for the change she would give you back after you screwed that up too!!!”

“PS…..Go to Hell

……..Ole”

Wonder what Ole will do with that twenty
Old 08-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monthly Overview

Monthly Report March 1st 1983

Upcoming Shows
Superstars of Wrestling TV Taping-Saturday March 5th
Superstars of Wrestling TV Taping-Saturday March 12th
March Madness-Friday March 18th
Superstars of Wrestling TV Taping-Saturday March 19th
Superstars of Wrestling TV Taping-Saturday March 26th

Champions
National Heavyweight-Tommy Rich
National Tag Team-The Sheepherders
National Television-Mr. Wrestling II
GCW Light-Heavyweight-Les Thornton

Business
Hiring’s Terminations
Austin Idol The Italian Stallion
??-Mystery Singles Star

Injuries Discipline
None Tommy Rich-Verbal warning for Tardiness

Finances
Balance: $134,673.00 Last Month: -$22,786.00

Memos
One positive about losing the TBS Show is it saved us some money  The new Show is ready to go and I need to find a couple more local stations to carry it in the South as we have already felt the sting of no TV exposure with attendance down nearly 50% at “Parade of Champions”

Austin Idol was mystery signing one, and there is still another to be revealed very soon…….Someone Idol will not want to see. The Stallion did nothing wrong, he was just plain ……well plain and there was just no place for him on our Roster…..Or as Ole so eloquently put it in a booking meeting…”The Italian Stallion couldn’t draw flies to a steaming heap of Cow dung!”

I am entering negotiations with some mid level talent and will start negotiations with more Networks as soon as possible.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #23
duckman
Pro Starter

I'm really enjoying your writing style. Keep up the good work!
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #24
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday, March 5th-1983

Event-TV Taping-Superstars of Wrestling
Davis Arena, Louisville, KY

Attendance 1,000

Our initial effort on local TV in the Great Lakes area and I want to start strong, not so much for this area, put to interest other Networks in our product.

Gordon Solie: “Well Freddy, we have just been advised that tonight’s rematch of the savage Ronnie Garvin/Austin Idol encounter from Parade of Champions will not be happening. Apparently Idol suffered a dislocated shoulder at the hands of Garvin and is unable to Wrestle tonight” Groans come from the studio audience at this revelation
Freddy Miller: “Big news Gordon and I can sense the Fans disappointment”
Solie: “Right on top of that one Freddy, however I have been told that Ronnie Garvin has issued a challenge to Buzz Sawyer to take Idol’s place, who as we all know was using Idol to keep Ronnie at bay”
Freddy: “We will have to see how that develops Gordon”

The Road Warriors vs Mike Starbuck and Joe Lightfoot
A brutal squash that was hardly more than a sanctioned mugging. Animal ends the carnage in mercifully quick fashion driving Starbuck through the Mat with a Shoulder mounted Suplex, scoring the pin in 3:31.

Buzz Sawyer joins Solie and Miller in the announce area, much to their dismay.
Buzz: “GARVIN…..arrrhhhhhhh….You hurt Idol….you’re crazy Garvin!!!.....arrrhhhh….You’re crazy?.....I’m crazy!!!!.....I’M THE MADDOG!!!...arrrrhhhhh……you’re from Canada……I’m crazy!!!! Tonight……..Idols hurt but Buzz Sawyer isn’t……Buzz…..CRAZY…..Me and you….GARVIN…..DOG COLLAR!!!”
Solie: “I think Buzz Sawyer has accepted the challenge and requested a Dog Collar match …….is there a language Professor in the house?”

The crowd erupts as Mr. Wrestling II makes his way to the Ring….
Wrestling II: “Spoiler, a Man gets to the point where he is sick of looking over his back, peeking under his Car…A point were he is fed up with someone sticking their Nose in his business every time he turns around……Tonight Spoiler, I am that Man……so if you are a Man??? Get a hold of your Crony Orndorff, because tonight, I brought someone to watch my back……and we would both like to get a piece of you two”
The crowd chants “2, 2, 2, 2” as Wrestling II makes his way to the back….
Solie: “Let the speculation begin Ladies and Gentlemen, it appears as though Mr. Wrestling II is determined to take down Spoiler and Orndorff for good, the question is….who is his partner going to be?”

Arn Anderson vs Rick McGraw
Anderson continues his swath of destruction, disposing of Rick McGraw with the Anderson DDT in 5:38….After the match Arn continued to work on the youngsters neck as JJ Dillon spurred him on. McGraw did not move afterward and was borne out on a Stretcher after being fitted with a Neck brace as the concerned crowd looked on.

The Spoiler and Paul Orndorff are now in the Ring…….
Spoiler: “Wrestling II, you think your desperate ramblings concern two athletes of our expertise? We are finely tuned Machines and are beyond reproach when it comes to the technical aspects of the sport”
Orndorff: “And if that isn’t enough we can just clobber you if we feel like it old man!! So you want a match, we’ll give that and much more you don’t want!!” The two of them congratulate themselves on their greatness as a spotlight pans to the backstage curtain.

Wrestling II appears from behind the curtain…………..
Wrestling II: “Spoiler, Orndorff, you two can carry on like a couple of School girls at a Rick Springfield concert all you want……but before you start counting your Chickens…..let me introduce a friend of mine………”
Out from back steps…….
Solie: “It’s Mr. Wrestling!!!”
Wrestling I: “Spoiler….you look like you’ve seen a Ghost……reports of my retirement…have been greatly exaggerated!! The crowd, though not as crazy as they would be in Georgia, is still on their feet as Spoiler and Orndorff are beside themselves in the Ring.

Buzz Sawyer vs Ronnie Garvin-Dog Collar Match
It takes both Scrappy McGowen and Bronco Lubich several minutes to get the Collar around both men….but as soon as they do….all Hell breaks loose!! Both men attempt to hang the other over the top Rope at various points, as well as taking turns pummeling each other with the Chain……..Both Men are reduced to a bloody mess as they brawl in and out of the Ring…..finally Garvin drags Sawyer into the audience and on to the Balcony where they attempt to throw each other over the rail……McGowen is finally forced to ring the bell, declaring the bout No Contest at 14:51 as security and several Wrestlers run to break up the brawl.

Mr. Wrestling I and II vs The Spoiler and Paul Orndorff
Wrestling I and II start off in control and frustrate the Heels with their technical expertise. As the brawl escalates all four combatants enter the Ring and the Spoiler hurls Wrestling I to the Floor, where Orndorff applies the Boots. Wrestling II follows to assist but is blindsided with a Chair by the Spoiler…..Suddenly The Spoiler whips out Handcuffs and shackles II to the Ringside Barrier…..I is then double teamed and The Spoiler steals the win by pinning him with his feet on the Ropes at the 12:08 mark.

Wrestling II is going berserk trying to free himself from the Handcuffs as Spoiler taunts him from the Ring…….He and Orndorff are finally run off when Wrestling I recovers and comes at them with a Chair.

Overall Show Rating: C+

Backstage

I learn a hard lesson as I count on the Spoiler/II feud being as hot here as it is in Georgia and the surrounding areas and it is not….Only Sawyer and Garvin save the card with their brutal bout. Ole is quick to point this out….
Ole: “Look at you……you’re the drizzling Shits son…….Did you even bother to call your Momma to check how popular II was in Kentucky, or was she too busy with your Uncle Artie?”
Me: “You seem to know a lot about incest Ole” I am surprised at how loud I say this….
Ole: “You son of a Bitch, I’ll stomp a Mud hole in you and piss through the center of it!!!”
Me: “Well why didn’t you speak up and we could have switched the Match order?”
Ole: “Cause you’re the boy genius, Mr. big shot smart guy, hell, you’re a bigger hit than a Bowl full of condoms at a Redneck Family reunion, you’d think you would have figured it out!…….TBS in two months now you’re going to get us cancelled on the Kentucky Poultry Channel”
Me: “Yeah, the Poultry Channel…….” I lower my voice as I head for the exit “The equivalent of Porn in the Anderson household”
Ole: “Speak up you Panty waste!!! I’ll knock your fu…” I am already out the Door to the parking lot….

Duckman Thanks, I am hoping to get a better TV contract or GCW may be in trouble....the next couple of Months will be huge.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #25
PilotMan
Head Coach

I too am really enjoying this. All these names bring back memories of old school. When it was different then it is now. Good stuff, keep it up.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday, March 12th-1983

Showplace Arena, Memphis, TN

Attendance 2,000

As we make a return to the South for a TV taping, I have been busy. We need to bring in some top talent to get back on TV and to do so means stepping on some toes. I cancel non-aggression pacts with Maple Leaf Wrestling and the WWF. Maple Leaf is fine with this, but the WWF vows to make us regret our decision, basically declaring war on us. I now have a decision to make….do I go after some of their stars before they can grab mine??? The weeks ahead will hold the answer…..

Gordon Solie: “Welcome, ladies and gentleman…to Superstars of Wrestling, the finest……Wait a moment, I am being told there is a commotion in the parking lot….I am being told we have a camera outside…….Oh no!!!!”

The Camera pans to the parking lot, just in time to catch a bloodied Ronnie Garvin struggling to his feet…..suddenly a Car appears and clips Garvin, sending him sprawling to the asphalt like a rag Doll…….The crowd is in shock as the Car stops and Buzz Sawyer, laughing maniacally sticks his head out of the Window….

Sawyer: “GARVIN….arrrrhhhhhh…Why did the Chicken cross the road??…..arrrrhhhh…..I don’t know…..GARVIN…..at least the Chicken made it…..CHICKEN….GARVIN….ROADKILL…..arrrhhhhh”
Solie: “God help us….somebody call an Ambulance….ladies and Gentlemen..oh my….we need help out there!!”

Solie: “Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to stress how deeply disturbing what we just witnessed was…..Ronnie Garvin is now being attended to and I am told he may be hurt seriously…On behalf of the entire Georgia Championship wrestling family….we send our prayers to Ronnie Garvin. Buzz Sawyer will have to answer for this heinous act!”

Brett Wayne vs Mike Starbuck
Young Wayne shows potential with a potent mat wrestling display, putting Starbuck away with a side Slam at the 5:03 mark to score the win.

The crowd erupts as Tommy Rich makes his way to interview area …..
Rich: “Howdy Gordon…..I tell ya, I’m as excited as a Hound in a Coon hunt…We got us a rowdy crowd right here in the home of the King…Memphis, Tenne…”
Rich is interrupted mid sentence by a vicious right hand to the back of the head from Ole Anderson…..Gordon Solie scrambles for cover as Ole picks up a stunned Rich and Pile drives him onto the concrete floor as an audible gasp escapes from the crowd…..Anderson spits on Rich and storms off, threatening to punch belligerent members of the audience as he goes…….
Solie: “I am speechless folks…we are in need of assistance again, I have never seen so much carnage, oh the humanity”

Rich is now in a Neck brace and is being placed on a stretcher. He pushes the Medics away and rolls off the Stretcher, staggering to the Podium, he struggles not to fall as he grabs the Mic.
Rich: “Daggummit Anderson…..I ain’t gonna take this anymore….today, broke, crippled or crazy, I don’t care…..I am going to get my hands on you and yall wanna shot at my Title……it’s on the line Baby” The crowd cheers wildly as their hero pushes off assistance and makes his way to the back, swaying like a drunken Sailor.

Les Thornton vs Scott Armstrong-National Junior Heavyweight Title
The youngest of the Armstrong boys comes out on fire against the reigning Junior Champ, but a constant stream of interference from both JJ Dillon and Arn Anderson does him in quickly…..Thornton capitalizes as Dillon distracts Bronco Lubich and Anderson hits the Gourd buster. Thornton covers for the win, retaining his Title in 3:52

Backstage a grinning JJ Dillon stands with Ole Anderson…
Dillon: “Perfect….absolutely perfect. One Title retained and a second soon to be added. Rich, we have you just where we want you and the Triad is one step closer to total annexation of all the National Titles”
Anderson: “Ma, Pa, lil’ Tommy, I feel like I have just walked into deliverance, your whining like the illiterate Red neck punk that you are, while your relatives in the crowd flap their toothless gums together….Well get this straight, there will be no joy around the old Barnyard tonight, because I’m taking your title! And there’s not a damn thing you or any of your inbred cousins here in Memphis can do about it!!”
Dillon: “Hey Ole…name something a Redneck from Memphis will never say..”
Ole: “I’ll take Shakespeare for $1000.00 Alex???”
Dillon: In a mock southern accent “Shakes Beer??? I thunked ‘Shakes Beer’ tis what cousin Elmer did to makum that can of Pabst blue Ribbon blowed up when Pa opened it”
Ole and JJ walk off laughing as an increasingly hostile crowd launch debris at the TV monitors.

Don Carson has entered the Ringside area and demanded the Microphone…
Carson: “Before you ask what I am doing here in Georgia Championship Wrestling Solie….Let me ease your fears…and the Fears of all these..ahem…intelligent, upstanding Memphis folk…..We all know that the National Tag Titles are among the most prestigious in Wrestling. I think it is also fair to say…that nobody here, right now, deserves the honor of holding them….THAT, is about the change, without further adieu, I present to you……The Oriental Assassins!!!”
A shocked crowd is speechless as Mr. Saito and the menacing Killer Kahn make there way to the Ring.
Solie: “I am shocked, Mr. Saito and Killer Khan, here in Georgia Championship Wrestling!!”

The Oriental Assassins vs The Lightning express
Khan and Saito beat the hell out of Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner, pulling Horner up from potential pins no fewer than 4 times. Khan finally ends the slaughter with a brutal diving Knee Drop. Saito and Khan take the win in 6:53.

Tommy Rich: “Anderson!!! Enough of all the insults, enough of yall running down me, Memphis, hell the entire damn South!!! They say I have a concussion, I don’t care much for what they say though boy….cause tonight me and you are gonna go to the woodshed and yur gonna think the entire south is hitting ya, every time I put my foot in yur Ass!! Lets get it on!!!”
The crowd goes crazy for good ol’ Wildfire as he runs to the Ring….

Tommy Rich vs Ole Anderson-National Heavyweight Title
Anderson tries to exacerbate Rich’s head injuries with a brutal assault…Tommy fights back gallantly as the crowd spurs him on and Dillon begins to interject himself early on. Tommy’s Head wound is reopened and he is bleeding like a stuck Pig, groggy from Anderson’s relentless pummeling, Rich is thrown into Ref McGowen and knocks him from the Ring. Anderson and Dillon now go nuts and Rich is out on his feet. Ole holds him in the center of the Ring as Dillon takes off the loaded shoe and winds up…….Rich ducks and Ole is knocked cold!!!! Rich collapses on top of Ole and McGowen climbs back in the Ring and counts 1, 2, 3!!!! Rich retains the Title in 7:40 and Dillon is beside himself as the crowd goes absolutely nuts!!!

Rich is still groggy as Dillon revives Ole…..Ole goes berserk, putting the Boots to Rich, sending security and Jobbers who try and break up the attack flying in all directions.

Ole, his Bloodlust finally quenched, leaves the Ring and stops at the Timekeepers table as he goes……smirking he picks up the National Title belt, spits toward Rich and leaves with the belt!!! The crowd is now ready to riot over Ole’s actions, though no one dares come over the rail to retrieve their heroes belt….

Austin Idol now joins Gordon Solie at Ringside as he prepares to close the show..
Gordon Solie: “You Mr. Idol, have some explaining to do on behalf of your so called employer, Buzz Sawyer…”
Voice over the PA system: “Gordon…..Let me explain”
From behind the curtain steps…………….
Solie: “It’s the Boston Battler, Kevin Sullivan!!!!”
Idol’s Jaw drops like it just came off the hinges….
Sullivan: “When Idol came to Georgia Championship wrestling, he came with an unpaid debt…….with what he and Sawyer did to Garvin tonight, that debt just grew!!”
Idol backs away as Sullivan approaches……Suddenly Buzz Sawyer runs in from the back, decking Sullivan with a Clothesline…..Idol, recovers his courage and joins the attack, as they both kick the prone Sullivan with bad intentions as the show ends.

Overall Show rating: B-

Backstage:
I have to give credit where it is due, Ole really helped carry the show tonight and as I run into him I let him know.
Me: “You really pulled the show up tonight Ole…great job!” I put my hand out.
Ole looks at it……and hands me his wet towel as he turns and finishes dressing.
Ole: “One of us has to keep things from becoming the drizzling craps kid”
Me: “You’re welcome” under my breath “Prick”

Pilotman-Thanks for the comments, as I have mentioned earlier, GCW is probaby my second favorite promoton of all time, behind the "real" ECW. This brings back a lot of good memories for me watching GCW at the Bell Auditorium when I was in the Army.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday, March 18th-1983

Event-March Madness
Miami Beach Auditorium, Miami, FL

Attendance: 1847

Our big March event and we have a full show, I will be busy today as we jump right into the action.

Duke of Dorchester vs Mike Starbuck
The venerable Duke makes his debut cleaning up Jobber Starbuck at the 4:39 after using a set of Brass knuckles….The crowd was pretty dead for this one.

Don Carson stands in the Ring with his ever-present smirk….
Carson: “You thought that I may stop with the Oriental Assassins? Well think again, to insure that I control the National Tag Team belts, being the savvy investor that I am ……I have acquired a little caveat…The Champions themselves!!! Come on down mates!!!”
The Sheepherders make their way to the Ring and embrace Carson…….
Luke: “Oy….all for one and one fer all Mate, what’s our's is there fer you….as long as yer keeping the ‘erders happy.”
Carson: flashing a wad of cash “Oh, I see quite a few reasons for you to be happy.”

Butch: “Right! We are as happy as we can be knowing that the bloody fabulous ones don’t ave these!” Holding up the Belts…..
Luke: “Fabbos…you may as well go pack a bloody sad, cause we’ll ave yer guts fer garters if yer thinking of coming fer the straps Blokes.”

Pez Whatley vs Rick McGraw
Pistol Pez batted the game but overmatched McGraw around the ring, throwing Quickdraw onto the floor and then ramming him headfirst into the Ring post. Whatley then preened for the crowd as McGraw was counted out at the 6:36 mark.

As the Sheepherders are walking toward the parking lot they pass two stage hands moving lights, the workers throw off their hats and coats to reveal the Fabulous ones!!! Lane and Keirn gain revenge by leaving the Herders lying in a heap.

Back to the Ring we see the Spoiler has returned….and he has a Microphone.
Spoiler: “Wrestling II, you think resurrecting that fossil of a partner is going to deter my quest for what you wear around your waist……Nonsense, please proceed to the Ring and I will be more than happy to show you….man to man, that only fate allows you to still wear the TV title, and that after a certain point in time….even that will not be enough!”

To the delight of the crowd Wrestling II makes his way to the Ring and climbs up on the apron to confront Spoiler…..as he does Paul Orndorff emerges from beneath the Ring and suplexes II to the floor. Spoiler and Orndorff then lay a beating on the masked man, before taking leave through an emergency exit.

Up on the video board the Arena is greeted by the laughing faces of Buzz Sawyer and Austin Idol as an 8 millimeter Movie projector whirls away over their Shoulder. Panning around the room the crowd sees that they are watching a tape of Sawyer running Ronnie Garvin down in the Parking lot at the last TV taping, bringing a chorus of boos and catcalls from those at the Arena.

Sawyer and Idol now turn off the Projector and address the camera…..
Idol: “Sullivan…..Listen to this baby, straight from the mouth of the universal Heartthrob.. rich, sexy & mean....the women's pet...and the men's regret….bruised and confused is all you get………..When you stick your nose where it don’t belong”
Sawyer: “Arrrrrhhhh....beautiful poem Austin……Buzz writes poems.....SULLIVAN!!!........Roses are red, violets are blue! Now I am going to break your legs!!!......That's a poem!!!!....arrrrhhhh…..….SULLIVAN, GARVIN……I hate poems!!!!......I hate YOU!!!!!”
Idol: “What a team, me so Sexy and you so eloquent…..hahahahaha”

The Road Warriors vs Johnny Rich and Brett Wayne
Another Road Warrior squash as they annihilate the youngster Wayne and the journeyman Rich, drawing gasps on more than one occasion after high impact moves. The end comes with a flying Shoulder tackle by Animal on Rich at the 6:09 mark.

Kevin Sullivan is at the podium…………….
Sullivan: “I’m wicked mad Gahdon!! Sawyah, you take the Cah and rundown Ronnie Gahvin!! You hit the Bahston battler from behind and take the bahds to him….you wanna go? Gahdon, make no mistake….in the ring, in the Cah Pahk, behind the arena….ah’ll get yah, and when it happens……Wicked bad….for the both of yahs”

Stan Lane vs Butch Miller
The Sheepherders and Fabs go at in singles matches and this one sees the much quicker Lane frustrate Miller throughout with brilliant counters that make the plodding new Zealander look foolish……Don Carson finally jumps in to help and gets caught whacking Lane with his Cane, earning the DQ win for Sweet Stan in 11:20

Mr. Wrestling arrives and pauses by a dressing room door that has a piece of paper taped to it with his name written on it….entering the room and turning on the light he is immediately jumped the Spoiler and Paul Orndorff who administer a very efficient beating and take leave in separate directions after they are discovered by Gene Anderson.

Orndorff is seen weaving through the bowels of the Miami Beach auditorium. He runs around a corner near the boiler room and runs smack into Wrestling II, none the worse for wear after his earlier beatdown. II plants him with a hard right and hammers Mr. Wonderful with a trash can, finally finishing him off with the Million Dollar Knee lift to leave him laying on his back.

Steve Keirn vs Luke Williams
Part 2 of the Fabs/Sheepherders singles series……this one is much like the first match with the younger, quicker Keirn holding a slight edge throughout. Carson once again tries to get involved, and slaps Keirn………as Scrappy McGowen tries vainly to get Carson away from Ringside while containing Steve Keirn, Luke Williams taps Keirns shoulder and throws a mysterious white powder in his face when he turns, blinding him, and allowing Williams to steal the win in 9:42.

Backstage my favorite assistant Booker has the stick....
Ole Anderson: “Rich, you ignorant little punk…..you remind me of that little worm with the Book” If I didn’t know better I would think Ole just did a shoot on me “the little weasel we all picked on in school cause you were weak, ugly and stupid!!! Well now you have all these ignorant rednecks in your corner….and you feel special. It doesn’t matter cause inside, you are still that skinny little punk that was always on my last nerve. Well I have your precious belt now……you Wrestle my cousin Arn tonight…..and with my last breath, I promise, the Champion I give this belt back to……will be an ANDERSON!”

Ole goes to Ringside taunting the crowd with Rich’s National Heavyweight Title belt…….and becomes especially cruel with an 80 something woman near the arena entrance….Tommy Rich runs out and nails Ole with a beautiful drop kick on the Cement….taking off his own leather belt, Rich whips Anderson unmercifully, finally retrieving his title strap and fleeing through the crowd as JJ Dillon leads the rest of the Triad out to save Ole.

Buzz Sawyer and Austin Idol arrive and immediately head to the announcers area….as they get there Thunderbolt Patterson is in the Ring and about to be introduced for his Match…..Sawyer and Idol go nuts believing they should be the center of attention…knocking the Ring announcer down and jumping Thunderbolt, putting the boots to him furiously……Kevin Sullivan comes flying into the Ring and cleans house in a whirlwind of wicked hard punches, sending Idol and Sawyer scrambling for cover.

Thunderbolt Patterson vs Jake Roberts
A weakened Patterson gives it a gallant go against the bizarre Roberts, but the wily Snake, coupled with the beating at the hands of Idol and Sawyer is too much to overcome as Roberts nails Thunderbolt with a violent DDT to capture the win in 7:56. Solid match.

Gordon Solie: “Well Freddy, we have Tommy Rich’s National Title defense coming up against Arn Anderson, and after the earlier encounter between Rich and the Triad, I am curious as to how this will unfold”
Freddy Miller: “Should be a barnburner Gordon!!”
Solie: “Agreed, and speaking of Arn Anderson”

Arn: “Speak of the Devil if you like Solie, but speak in reverence when you speak of an Anderson!......Let me make this perfectly clear…..I am done cleaning up on the never where’s and never will be’s around this place…..Tonight I have an opportunity I intend to take full advantage of……Rich, let me tell you son, I have watched you shuck and jive around here like some type of snake in the grass and it’s time somebody burned the fields, someone like me! Son, one thing you better know about an Anderson…..You may get away here and there, but sooner or later one of us is going to get you…..and when an Anderson gets you….You stay got!”

Wrestling II is now in the Ring and not too happy…
Wrestling II: “Well Spoiler, once again you show what a coward you are……you and Orndorff are tough together……You take my partner out, but I am still standing and that's the only mistake you need to make……Now we are even Spoiler…….It’s just the two of us, and I want you in the Ring, no DQ, fight to the finish…..and to get you out there, I am putting my Mask on the line!!!” The crowd is suddenly delirious with excitement. “That’s right Spoiler, you beat me, you can take off my Mask!!! Are you man enough?”
Solie: “Wow…..Wrestling II is laying it all on the line to get his hands on the Spoiler!!”

Before II can leave the Ring, Spoiler appears….
Spoiler: “Well if I hadn’t of heard it with my own Ears, I wouldn’t have believed it!” The crowd gets on the Spoiler quickly…..”Once again I have demonstrated the ability to claw at the very heart of your mind…..and I will be more than happy to now claw that moth eaten Mask from your ugly face…..you have your match II, a week from tomorrow on Superstars of Wrestling, I take your Title...........and your mask!!!”

Backstage the Arena Camera catches Ole and Arn Anderson huddled in a corner speaking in an animated fashion…..as soon as Ole sees the Camera he explodes and shoves the operator to the ground as Arn quickly heads to the Ring.

Tommy Rich vs Arn Anderson-National Heavyweight Championship
Tommy takes early advantage of a fired up Arn, using a variety of high flying moves to stay on top of Anderson. Arn for his part tries to work Rich’s knee to ground Wildfire’s attack and wear him down. JJ Dillon finally attempts to interfere but Scrappy McGowen shoves him back and orders him out of the Ring…..Rich seeing the commotion goes to drop kick Dillon, who pulls McGowen in front of him at the last second and Scrappy goes down…..Rich now cleans house on Dillon and Arn Anderson, then catches Les Thornton with the flying Head Scissors, taking him from the Ring apron to the Floor. Rich now re-enters the Ring and slaps the Sleeper hold on Arn…..As Arn begins to fade, Ole suddenly appears, grabs the Belt from Ringside and drives it into the back of Rich’s Head with a sickening thud. Ole then drags his semi-conscious cousin onto to Rich and dives from the Ring as McGowen recovers to render the three count…..the winner in 12:31 and new National Heavyweight Champion Arn Anderson!!!! The crowd is ready to riot and all members of the Triad beat a hasty retreat.

Overall Rating: B+

Backstage
I am ecstatic with how strong the Show finishes and I believe we are on the verge of really breaking out…..Then I spot Ole….
Ole: “Hey Kid!! You booked a good show tonight….”
Me: “Really…well, wow, thanks Ole”
Ole: laughing….”No not really you goddamn idiot….The boys PUT on a good show…..I just bet Sawyer $20 you would wet your pants if I gave you a compliment…..easiest $20 I ever made you sorry waste of a stained sheet, hahahaha!!”

I am speechless, Ole is a prick!!!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-19-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:51 AM   #28
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

Great Dynasty. I remember all these workers, not from their time in Georgia, but when the merger with Ted Turner and TBS and the 6:05 EST Saturday Night Show (where I actually learned about time zones as a five year old, well, that and ESPN). I do miss the territories. {Sigh} It almost seems like you wanted to right a wrong by putting the belt on Arn, and a great secondary angle with Spoiler and II. KUTGW!
Old 08-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #29
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday, March 19th-1983

Alabama Theater, Dothan, AL

Attendance: 1834

Dark Match-Ronnie Garvin VS Charlie Fulton
Basically a squash match to give Garvin a breather from his very physical feud with Sawyer. Fulton’s sole offensive spurt, serves only to anger Garvin, who decks Charlie with the “Hands of stone” punch, and covers for the win in 4:35.

The crowd is still getting settled as Tommy Rich hits the ring to thunderous applause, but he has no time to play to the crowd.
Rich:”Anderson, y’all wanted my title Belt, you got it!! Y’all wanted my blood, you got that!! Well, y’all can make me bleed like the Tennessee River, steal every belt I got, including the one on my Britches, but y’all won’t ever get my Heart!! Title be damned Ole, I want you!! No rules, no Goons, nothing but you, me and a Steel cage…. So I can give y’all what your Momma forgot, a good old country Ass whipping!!!!” The crowd is happier than a Cat in a Dairy farm as they exult their Hero on.

JJ Dillon walks to the Ring with a smile on his face and a microphone in his clammy meat hooks.
Dillon: “Rich you need to take a powder, you hot headed Redneck derelict!!”

As if on queue, Ole appears through the crowd, slapping the wig crooked on a portly old Farmer as he tries to block his path to the Ring. Rich, alerted by the crowd, turns as Ole sneaks up behind him……Just in time to catch a hand full of white powder in the Eyes!!! Rich, blinded and helpless, rolls around screaming that his Eyes are on fire, as Dillon and Anderson give him a Shoe leather massage. The scene gets chaotic as an elderly Woman falls trying to breach the guard rail to defend Wildfire and injures her Hip.

Grabbing the Ring microphone as he laughs at the prostate elderly Woman Anderson does what he does best, irritate the hell out of everyone.
Ole: “One of you inbred Rednecks help Grandma Pearl up, pop her dentures back in her Mouth, then shut the hell up!” Dodging a can of Skoal he continues…”Hey Tommy, sing the National Anthem with me punk…..Oh say can you see…..oh wait, you can’t see right now can you!!!” Dillon and Anderson laugh historically as the crowd spews venom at them…..
Dillon: “What Ole is trying to say Rich, is he accepts your invitation for a cage match!!!!”
Ole seems surprised by Dillon’s acceptance on his behalf and the two share an animated discussion, and several cups of Soda, courtesy of the fans on the way back to the dressing room.

Duke of Dorchester VS Mike Starbuck
The Duke, pulling out every cheap trick in the book to capitalize on Ole’s heat comes up short in defeating the young jobber in 5:39 with a figure four after using a foreign object to stun Mikey.

The Oriental Assassin’s drop in on Gordon Solie, with Don Carson at their side, with much to share about the state of the business.
Carson: “I’ll tell you what Solie.. I have been throughout the World, looking for best talent, the toughest Men and most of all……. Just a Wrestler or two that didn’t make me want to puke!!!”
Solie: “Well Don, I am sure a viewer or two may share that last feeling with you”
Carson: “You better be agreeing and not trying to be funny Solie!”
Solie: “Indeed”
Saito: Slamming his hands on the Announcers table “American announcer talk, talk……too much talk, talk. American Wrestler, no strong!! Japanese Wrestler eat Steak, American Wrestler eat Soup, no strong, all time Soup.”
As Saito continues his broken English tirade about American Wrestlers, an angry crowd comes alive as Bullet Bob Armstrong appears, with a look of consternation on his Face……

Carson: “Well here we go, a typical, backwoods, backward thinking, always on his back American Wrestler…..Tell you what Bob…….Run back to that Cabin of yours and rustle up a partner…..And the Oriental Assassins may just give you the pleasure of a good Stomping…..”
Saito: “Soup!!!! American Wrestler weak!!!!”

Road Warriors VS The Lightning Express
Bob Armstrong stays Ringside, one eye on the Oriental Assassins, one on son Brad who gives the Warriors a decent run with his partner Tim Horner. Ellering is kept at bay by the elder Armstrong, but the Warriors eventually overpower the youngsters as Animal catches Horner in a swinging full Nelson submission at the 8:33

Disgusted with the incessant stream of taunts and insults from the Announcers area as he accompanies his Son and Tim Horner to the back, Bob Armstrong grabs a Microphone.
Armstrong: “You know what……I have had it with you guys, running your mouths and saying nothing. Carson, tell your Goons I will get a partner and remember this….careful what you wish for!!!!”

Derisive laughter, nonsensical references to Soup and Jell-o by Saito, and inaudible grunts from Killer Khan fill the Arena. As a red faced Armstrong continues to the back, several audience members close to the Announcers are, pull their Eyes back into slits and mock the Japanese Wrestlers, as the whole scene becomes surreally chaotic.

Solie: “Well Freddy, I don’t quite know what to say after that, so lets watch a video” The Arena grows dark as a video shows highlights of the Fabs/Sheepherder feud, though the crowd still seems distracted by the last segment
Freddy Miller: “Well Gordon, I think we are all excited about these teams hooking up next”
Solie: “Well stated Freddy……as usual”

The Fabulous Ones VS the Sheepherders-National Tag Team Title Match
Bronco Lubich teeters on losing the match as both teams go berserk in their hatred of the other Team. The vacant Tag straps seem an afterthought as all four men get color by the 10 minute mark. Finally spilling into the stands, Lubich has no choice but to rule it a no-contest at 14:26, with both Teams tearing pieces of the arena off to attack the others with…A violent battle that still leaves the Tag straps vacant.

Overall Show rating: C

Backstage
I am a little disheartened with the overall mood after the show. I have negotiations coming up for a possible Pay per View and I want to have some strong footage of crowd response to take in if a couple of the smaller Companies agree to meet with me. Ole of course is also concerned and is the epitome of support.
Ole: “Hey son, tough crowd tonight, hard to figure the marks out”
Me: Is this compassion? “They seemed hot at first Ole, then got flat”
Ole: “I know…sometimes they make as much sense as Saito’s Jell-o and soup rants…..or your BOOKING!!!”
Me: sigh…”Welcome back Ole”
Ole: “Shut-up! Why the fuck would you let the crowd pop their Rockets with my Storyline so early, then bring out a gibbering fool at the peak of the Show to talk about Soup and Jell-O? You write that great promo too Edgar Allen Dumbass?”
Me: I just head for my Car, whipped, muttering under my breath…”Quote the Raven……Fuck you Ole” While Anderson continues his rant to an empty locker room and a Shower head…..

Thanks Dawgfan1980, glad to have you following along....Those old TBS shows were always entertaining.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-19-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #30
BYU 14
Coordinator

TEW 2008 has me wanting to restart this dynasty, which will be a lot of work, but I really want to pick this up again. Can anybody who has moved Dynasties between versions offer any tips or shortcuts to make it as easy as possible?

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-03-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #31
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monday March 21st - 1983

As I arrive the GCW offices I am immediately taken by the silence, broken only sporadically by the gentle staccato rythym of the slender fingers of my favorite southern seductress disguised, as always, as a mild manneres secretary, as she types some cookie cutter memo. Or, perhaps it is a great and noble proclamation....."Now and forever, let it be known that Ole Anderson is a complete Horses Ass" I smile at the thought as we exchange greetings as I pass her desk.

As I walk down the hall to my office it is almost unsettling how magnified and solitary my footsteps sound as they echo through the empty corridor. As I open my door I am greeted by Ole and Jim Barnett, settled comfortably on the couch against the wall. At last it is clear what my feeling of intrepidation is.........I have been cursed to gaze upon the scowling Melon of Ole, without so much as a sniff of my morning Coffee.....Oh it is a cruel and heartless world we live in.

Ole: What the hell are you staring at you round mouth sonofabitch?!?!
Barnett: Please Ole, lets conduct this business as professionals..
Me: What business??
Barnett: Son, we need to have a serious talk about the happenings backstage.....And I am afraid you may not like the direction it takes.

I can only imagine what kind of BS Ole has been feeding Barnett now, oh well, how bad can it be. Ole lies, I expose Ole, Jim Barnett scolds Ole, I smile inside, Ole wants to choke me, back to business............Surely it can't be any worse than that...........Can it?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #32
BYU 14
Coordinator

The Work

As I get settled in I notice the sneer that creases Ole's mouth. It doesn't take long to understand the evil that lies behind it.

Barnett: Larry Zbysko called me about the reasons you let him go...
Me: Right, we discussed this.
Barnett: Well, I got your side of the story.....
Me: Which pretty much sums up all sides sir.
Ole: I told you the little weasel would get defensive and deny everything!!
Me: What the...Deny what?
Ole: The drugs you sneaky piece of ****!!
Barnett: Ole please!
Me: Yes Ole please...what the hell are you talking about?
Barnett: Larry said that at the last show he attended....Well, that he stumbled upon you in the bathroom...........With a white powder before the show and that..
Me: Whoa!!!! Wait a minute!!!
Ole: I told you Jim, this peckerhead will never admit to a thing, but the way he has booked some shows lately he has to be on something....He's got Saito babbling about Jello, killing all the heat, firing anyone who suspects him of..
Me: Ole you are full fo crap, Me Barnett, I don't know what the hell this is about, but I promise you he (pointing to Ole) is somehow behind it.
Ole: (now yelling) Paranoid!!! Trying to blame me, I ought to drive my show up your ass!!

It was now a scene of verbal chaos, Ole and I screaming over each other, Barnett trying to calm us down, people gathering outside the office with looks ranging from terror to amusement adorning their faces......Was this really happening?

Barnett: BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!! (I had never heard Jim yell like that and from the frozen silence of Ole, neither had he) I can not tolerate another day of this bickering and shady behaviour. If you are doing drugs and firing Wrestlers to keep them quiet we have a problem....If you aren't, then somebody else is going to have a bigger one (glancing at Ole)
Me: Mr. Barnett I can assure you I am not under the influence of anything, at any time, either at an event or in the privacy of my own home.....It is not what I do! I challenge you to find anything....anything at all that says otherwise...Here...

I stand up and empty my pockets, pull the top drawer out of my desk and empty it on the top of my desk, grab my jacket from the rack in the corner and shake it upside down as a small bag of white powder fell at Jim Barnett's feet...................

Me: Wha...

There is silence as all eyes are transfixed on the bag...I try to speak but my words freeze and I can only stammer...

Barnett: Son, you are fired....

Me: Ole!!!!!

I lunge at Anderson from across the room and even before his heavy right hand crashes against my Jaw, I know it won't end well for me.....It is the last thought I have as my head explodes in a fuzzy white light.

I awaken as I am being loaded into an Ambulance, pounding head, fractured pride and no longer employed by Georgia Championship Wrestling.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #33
BYU 14
Coordinator

The Swerve

The first and probably smartest thing I do upon my arrival at the Hospital is ask the Nurse to take both a blood and urine sample and test them for drugs.....She is puzzled and tries to tell me they can not do that at my request. After lengthy discourse with her and the ER Doctor, which includes barely muted legal overtones they comply. Surely anyone with any type of subtance in their pockets would have it in their system, at least in some amount.

It takes four days and a dozen calls but I am at last told the results are in...NEGATIVE. I pick them up, again holding the Hospital as a litigation hostage, but I have my proof. I call Barnett and let him know what I have.

Me: "Jim, you know as well as I do that there is something shady afoot here and I now have proof.....That crap was planted in my coat and it could have been done at anytime as that coat only leaves my office when it rains. You and I both know who was behind it as well!"
Barnett: "We don't want to be too hasty.."
Me: "TOO HASTY" (Now I am pissed) "I don't have a job!!! YOU, fired me based on a load of crap and now you know it!!! TOO HASTY, grab a mirror and then tell ME, who was hasty!"
Barnett: "Son, I am sorry, lets see if we can come to some kind of agreement. We don't have any proof it was planted and your test doesn't mean it didn't happen, I mean I have Larry and now another Wrestler.."
Me: "Who is probably also one of Ole's damn friends, this is BS and you know it Jim!!! I was wrongfully fired and it better get rightfully fixed or I will own your ass and everyone elses there!!!"

With that I slam down the phone........Inside of 2 hours it is ringing again....This time it is a sultry womens voice with that slight twang I have grown to love, ah it is amazing how the soft accent of a Southern Belle can make the worlds injustices seem a little less, well, a little less unjust.

Belle: "Sir, Mr. Turner has requested you drive down to the offices...before 5 today.....He looks forward to seeing you then." (The phone then goes dead)

WTF??? No, does that work for you? Or maybe, can we send a Car? Suddenly that voice belongs less to a Belle and more to another B word!

I arrive at the GCW offices at 4:45, I am escorted by two security guards to Jim Barnett's offices. He is not there and neither is Ole, in fact I am alone........with Ted Turner.

Ted: "Listen Mr. Lee, I know we have a minor misunderstanding here.."
Me: "Minor?" (A raised hand from Turner and the hand of a security guard on my Shoulder insure I do not finish the sentance)
Ted: "I am sorry for what has happened, and while I agree the circumstances are now a bit muddled to say the least, I do not feel it is a good idea to reinstate you employment here. Now first, let me say that I have taken care of your Hospital bills and reprimanded Ole."
Me: "Reprimanded?" (Another raised hand)
Ted: "That is not your concern, only mine. Another concern of mine is that, as you are not employed at the moment, you have some "get by" money. (Turner reaches under the desk and hands me a satchel) A rather generous severance package for your trouble...I also understand you are from Salt Lake City."
Me: "Yes Sir...."
Ted: "Good, you are probably home sick (He hands me an envelope) first class ticket to Salt Lake, you can probably still catch some ski time."

Before I can even speak he thrusts some papers in front of me.
Ted: "I will just need this signed to indicate you are accepting this severance and hold GCW, Turner enterprises, etc etc harmless of any and all obligations future forward"
Me: "With all due respect are you kidding me...and this is only for $30,000.00 Dollars."
Ted: "A tidy sum for your service time here, don't you think?"
Me: "No, no I don't..." (That damn hand again, plus the security guard again touching me way too much)

Turner waives the guards away and asks them to shut the door.

Ted: "Listen, whatever the hell happened I don't care....I only care that I should now be getting ready for dinner and instead I am here, cleaning the asses of grown men who can not get along and do god knows what in their free time. Let me put it this way. Sign this damn paper, take your cash and go start life anew somewhere. I deal with things that are truly improtant day after day and this.....you, are not! You can take this, use it to prop yourself up while you find a new career and forget Georgia Championship Wrestling was ever part of your life. Or....you can play noble, drag me to court and watch this play out over the next 5-6 years while attornies you could never afford make sure it never see's the inside of a courtroom. At least until you are broke, demoralized and representing yourself cause you can't afford to pay anyone else to do it.....Do you really think you will win in that situation? It is you word against Ole's, no hard evidence, no clear facts, just two stubborn sonsabitches that hate each other. In a way that has now put my businesses in peril, hell I may even counter sue!!! Now what do ya say?"

I am already scanning the settlement before he finishes talking....The on point I am looking for is nowhere to be found. This is only to protect Tutner and everything associated with Turner. It is merely a clean seperation. No restrictions on where I go of what I do...as long as it does not involve him or my former position with GCW........Perfect!

Me: "Mr. Turner, I will take you up on your generous offer (as I sign the paperwork) and your advice to start anew."

As I rise, take my money and turn to leave

Me: "Yes I will definitely start something new" Whispering as I open the door "my own wrestling company"
Ted: "What was that?
Me: "I said thanks for your company"

The Door slams on one dream and opens on another.....one that I hope will someday bite both Ted and Ole on their collective asses!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

The Rebirth

Taking my 30 thousand Dollars I head back west, determined to make Ole and GCW pay for this railroading. I am on the phone non-stop for 3 days, securing permits, contacting local promoters and calling Wrestlers. I am in a rush to get this thing up and running if for no other reason than to show that prick Ole that he has only helped me with his underhanded debauchery.

I also hear from several GCW Wrestlers, who express a mixture of shock and outrage at my firing.....It is no secret that Ole is not popular with everyone on the roster as he plays favorites and has that minor issue with his disposition.

As I work away trying to get set for an April release the phone rings...

Me: Hello
Wrestling II: Hey kid, how are swimming?
Me: Hey Johnny, great to hear from you! (Johnny Walker AKA Wrestling II was always one of my favorites, a true professional and a total class act.)
Wrestling II: Tell you what, I truly can't believe all that I am hearing from Ole, give me the scoop kid, you aren't dirty are you?

We have a long talk and I explained the meeting with Jim and Ole and my subsequent efforts to vindicate myself, which fell on two very deaf Ears attached to Ted Turners head. Walker is pissed and wants to slap Ole 6 ways to Sunday, but I offer him an alternative plan.

Me: If you want to get a dig in at Ole, I think the best way to do it is a stint with Mountain States Championship Wrestling.
Wrestling II: I never heard of 'em??
Me: Thats because I haven't launched it yet...But I would love to have you join the roster when we get off the ground next week...
Wrestling II: The boy wonder in business for himself.....It would be a pleasure!!

I go on to explain that we will only be running 2 shows a month to start, and if we get a TV deal I will cut it to one to save some money for production costs. We have an agreement before the call ends. Two of my favorite jobbers from Georgia, the Mulkey brothers sign on next. As word gets out unemployed and disenfranchised wrestlers join the fold. One of the biggest signings in my mind is The Sensational Destroyer. With him in the fold I now have a big time masked heel in the fold and I can run him in a feud with II, similar to the run he was enjoying against The Spoiler at the time of my dismissal.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #35
BYU 14
Coordinator

MSCW - April 1983

Beginning Overview-Mountain States Championship Wrestling -1983

Current Roster
Main Event
Face Heel
Mr. Wrestling 2 Dino Bravo
Jimmy Valiant Sensational Destroyer
Eddie Gilbert

Upper Mid-Card
Face Heel
Bobby Fulton Great Kabuki
Atsushi Onita Bad News Brown
Davey Boy Smith

Mid-Card
Face Heel
Tracy Smothers Tony Anthony
Sean O'Reilly Brickhouse Brown
Terry Daniels Tommy Lane
Ali Bey

Lower Mid-Card
Face Heel
Rocky Stone John Tatum
Shane Douglas Maniac Mike Shaw

Openers/Jobbers
Bill and Randy Mulkey (Faces)
Steve Lombardi (Heel)

Staff
Booking Team Road Agents
Anthony Lee Don Fargo
Wrestling II Boris Malenko
Don Fargo

Managers Announcers Referees
JJ Dillon Gary Cappetta Dave Hebner
Lanny Poffo Boris Malenko

Popularity
Southwest: D
Northwest and Mid South: F

All other regions are F-

Annual Finance Report
Balance $35,000.00
Profit/Loss N/A

Not quite as strong of a crew as I had in Georgia and I will need II and the Destroyer to carry the promotion from the jump. I was also able to get working relationships with the AWA, PNW and PCCW. There is also open hostility between MSCW and GCW, a real shocker there. I will use my inroads with the AWA to bring in some talent and give my guys a rub as early as possible as we will be struggling to stay afloat....it will be a gamble, but I have to take it.

The hot feud off the bat will be Wrestling II and The Destroyer. I will also look to do something with Valiant, Gilbert and Dino Bravo.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #36
BYU 14
Coordinator

Mountain States Championship Wrestling
Evolution '83 - Sunday April 17th, 1983 - Riviera Hotel and Casino - Las Vegas, NV

Brickhouse Brown vs Bill Mulkey
Brown lays a good old fashion beatdown on Mulkey, before quickly submitting him with a Camel clutch in 4:53.
Rating: F+

Gary Michael Cappetta is at the podium. "Folks just a reminder that we will be seeing Dino Bravo and Jimmy Valiant squaring off today for the vacant MSCW Heavyweight Championship, this is going to set the bells on the slot machines a ringing folks, you won't want to miss it!!" Polite applause is heard, which is a better response than his lame gambling reference got.

Tracy Smothers vs Steve Lombardi
The crowd was really against Smothers, who was not at his best in this one. Decent back and forth action with Tracy pulling a miracle finish out, nailing Lombardi with a Southern kick to get the pin in 6:38. Both men leave the arena to chants of "Don't come back!" Brutal!

I approach the ring and prepare to deliver the first surprise of the MSCW era. "Ladies and Gentlemen, in this sport you will travel down many roads and meet many faces. Many of which will fade away and be forgotten. But in introducing this next man I promise you, he will neither fade away or be forgotten.........Please welcome to MSCW......Mr. Wrestling II!!!! II comes out to the first real pop of the night, not on the level of a Georgia pop, but decent just the same. Shaking hands and exchanging small talk as he makes his way to the Ring, II soon has the crowd in the palm of his hand.

Terry Daniels vs John Tatum
These two fairly blow what heat had just been generated in a sloppy match that sees Daniels control most of the action, putting a merciful end to the affair in 7:53 by rolling Tatum up with a sunset flip.

Tony Anthony is on his way to the the ring for hios match and takes umbarage with Daniels malingering to play to the crowd. Grabbing the stick Anthony cuts loose. " Daniels, you sorry excuse for an athlete, I've seen better physiques on a trash dumpster, and trust me. If the Dirty White Boy knows about anything...it's trash!!" Anthony seems puzzled as the crowd tears into him with chants of "You live in a trailer" furious Anthony tells the crowd to shut up, and then advises them to fix their there Eyes on a real physique as he strikes a double bicep pose. "There is a lot more of where this came from and in fact, we can go head to head Daniels.....in a pose down, loser licks the others boots!!!!"
Rating: E+

Daniels heads to the announcing area and pics up a Mic. "Boy, I'm 25 pushups away from making you look like Ric Ocasek!!! I accept and I will even give you until next month to put a little meat on those bones!!"

Tony Anthony vs Shane Douglas
Anthony is Furious and takes it out on a young Shane Douglas. Blasting him from post to post with the help of manager Lanny Poffo, who grabs Douglas' feet as he prepares to slam Anthony, giving his charge the win in 6:44.

Dino Bravo is standing with the Great Malenko.
"I tell you eh Boris, tonight, I'm going to be knocking Valiant all aboot the ring eh! The belt will reside on the waist of the Canada's greatest athlete and the world strongest man. Valiant!! Bonne nuit ma chérie!!
Malenko: "Kiss me Sweetheart???"
Rating: D-

Mr. Wrestling II vs Mike Shaw
The Maniac stay in the match with dirty tricks and cowardice, but II will not be denied in his MSCW debut, hoping over a back drop attempt, II drives the Million Dollar Knee lift home to snatch the win in 9:05.

Jimmy Valiant takes the stage shucking and jiving to the strains of Boogie Woogie bugle boy. "Bravo...The Boogie....Woogie.......Man!!! Is here to say and here to stay baby, I'm a simple man.....That's what I am baby and I don't care if you said you missed me or you wanted to kiss me, just please don't dismiss me....When I take the MSCW Heavyweight Title tonight....and boogie on home with it!" A few in the crowd shake it with the boogie woogie man, though other actually seem frightened by the wild one.

The Sensational Destroyer vs Sean O'Reilly
A stiff match that sees the Destroyer pull up O'Reilly on several occasions before almost losing on a roll up. Angered, the intellectual one stomps a mudhole in O'Reilly and pins him in 9:50 with his feet on the ropes.

The Destroyer then celebrates in the ring be pulling out a copy of Charles Darwins "Ascent of Man" from the timekeepers table and reading a passage to the crowd.

The Sensational Destroyer becomes livid at the crowds booing. "This is why you should cease your vociferous bantering and pay attention cretins!! It is then and only then that you would realize, that like primates...You, are all stuck in the first chapter of this book!" Someone throws a shoe, but the Destroyer evades it. "I would expect someone of your intelligence to throw your only shoe and be stuck barefoot....How do I know it is your only shoe? Because you thought a 'pair' of shoes was fruit and ate the other one!!!" Two people get in a fight because one laughs and the other doesn't get it. His work done the Destroyer struts to the back.

Eddie Gilbert and Davey Boy Smith vs Bad News Brown and Great Kabuki
A wild brawl that shows very little in technical expertise and the crowd seems lost in the chaos. The end comes in 11:37 when Great Kabuki is disqualified for spitting his vile green mist in the face of Eddie Gilbert and getting caught.

A video plays hyping Dino Bravo vs. Jimmy Valiant for the MSCW HW Title as the two prepare to come to the ring.

Dino Bravo vs Jimmy Valiant - MSCW Heavyweight Title
Valiant is at a disadvantage from the get go as JJ Dillon, ruler of the MSCA Foreign Legion (Bravo, Kabuki and Ali Bey) is constantly disrupting the action. Just as it seems the Boogie Woogie man will stage a comeback, Dillon takes a queue from the fan in socks and clocks Valiant with his loaded Penny loafer, allowing Bravo to submit him with a Bearhug in 15:58. Dino Bravo wins the MSCW Heavyweight Title title.

Overall E- Attendance 1,000 (Sell out)

The only good thing about this card is not having to hear Ole's cracks after it is over. I knew it would be tough with a new promotion in a new area but this was beyond what I thought. We are going to be barely scraping by for quite some time. With negotiations coming up in less than 2 weeks we need a TV deal bad. One high spot was the heat generated by the Sensational Destroyer.....he was in rare form cutting up the crowd. The feud with he and II will carry this promotion once it gets rolling.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #37
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

MSCW Wrestle rag

MSCW News
After their opening show in Las Vegas Jimmy Valiant argued with a fan and had to be restrained in the parking lot. He was apparently censured by MCSW officers, though it is not believed any punishment was given. Valiant acknowledged he was wrong and apologized.

Speaking of their opening show, the reviews were not at all good for this fledgling promotion as the the crowd was dead throughout....Word for the bookerman...you ain't in Georgia anymore Dorothy!!

It is said that the MSCW locker room has an extremely positive attitude as the new promotion looks to grow. Jimmy Valiant has been known to have a little attitude here and there and it is said that rookie Shane Douglas is an absolute poison. In addition Bad News Brown and Onita were known to be involved in friction from time to time. Leaders mentioned were Wrestling II, Kabuki and Mike Shaw. Wrestling II is an especially positive force, who is respected by all.

Injuries: None

Around the World
Unemployed youngster Larry Cameron will likely stay that was after begin caught at a New York club with Steroids. He was apparently looking to catch on with the WWF, but it is doubtful there will be any interest in him now....unless his steroids are of good quality...wink!

Central States Wrestling hits May on the upswing as they have now reached cult status in the Wrestling World, rivaling the big boys. Manny Fernandez was gracious enough to take credit for this.

Larry Zybysko has been rehired by GCW, appraently after head booker Ole Anderson pulled some strings, or maybe something else???
Old 06-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #38
BYU 14
Coordinator

MSCW Road Wars - Monday May 2nd, 1983 - Santa Barbara Theater - Santa Barbara, CA

Gary Michael Cappetta welcomes the crowd to Road Wars. "Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight you become the second crowd to witness the revolution that is Mountain States Championship Wrestling, and one of the legends you will be seeing tonight is Mr. Wrestling II!!" The crowd pops, this is a much more savvy group than the Vegas crowd and the energy is easily at another level.

Boris Malenko: "And don't forget, we have an exciting tag match tonight featuring the sissy boy Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert and Limey Boy Smith vs. Dino Bravo and Bad News Brown, two of the great ones favorites!!"
Cappetta: "Spoken with true impartiality."
Malenko: "As always my youthful stooge"

The Dirty White Boys vs The Mulkey's
DWB is ruthless swarming the outclassed JTTS' and capturing the win in 4:40 when Tony Anthony defeated Randy Mulkey by pinfall with a brutal Piledriver.
Rating: E (good chemistry by the DWB)

A music video is shown to promote the upcoming pose down between Terry Daniels and Tony Anthony.
Rating: E-

A second video is shown to promote the training habits of Terry Daniels; roadwork, mat work, cardiovascular and weight training all make up the intensive program. Tony Anthony just watches, shakes his head, then flexes and spits at some fans that give him the business.

Cappetta: "Well folks, as mentioned we have a special treat tonight. A one time appearance by one of the true greats. I could go on and on about this man, but how about we give you some video as he arrives in the parking lot?" The board lights up and there in the parking lot, from the AWA......Baron Von Raschke!!!! The crowds cheers soon turn to cries of alarm as a hulking figure appears behind Von Raschke. Then from out of nowhere he is attacked by....
Capetta: "Buzz Sawyer!!! What the heck, he doesn't wrestle for us or the AWA!!!!"
Malenko: (Laughing maniacally) "I believe the Mad Dog comes from Georgia Gary, how do you suppose he ended up here...ehhhh?"
Capetta: "The bigger question is, WHO SENT HIM?" The crowd watches stunned as Sawyer lays the boots to the Baron....As he finishes the hulking figure now emerges from out of the darkness....eyes wild, face adorned by a twisted smile.
Capetta: "Abdullah the Butcher!!! This can't be safe." Capetta vaishes as Malenko continues to laugh as the screen goes black.

The Sensational Destroyer vs Tracy Smothers
The Destroyer again defeats a MSCW young lion, countering Smothers rallies with every dirty trick in the book, finally ending it with a Figure Four Leglock in 7:31, holding the lock as long as possible for emphasis.

Having picked up yet another victory, The Sensational Destroyer celebrates in the ring quoting Shakespeare to the less than receptive crowd.

The Sensational Destroyer claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone. "Whether in be in the ring, in the debate halls of Cambridge or over a game of Chess. Intellect, when coupled with physical prowess equals dominance and that is a fact!! I would like to honor my fellow Wrestlers in the MSCW, by offering a challenge. Show me any wrestler that can beat me in a match, be it brains or brawn and I will show you the definition of impossible....To be or not to be, that question has only one answer."
Rating: B- (The Destroyer has serious heat, our first B segment)

Bobby Fulton comes out and says that he will take the open challenge that The Sensational Destroyer issued. "You may be smart and big, but ya have the mask for a reason, I beat you, you show the world that yer nothing but an ugly cur!!"
Destroyer: "A successful parlay, for your demise!"
Rating: D+

Mr. Wrestling II vs Ali Bey
Bey is frustrated through out the match and generates little outside of Eye gouges and hidden chokes, Wrestling II goes ballistic after an attempted groin kick and wins in 6:54 by pinfall with his patented Million Dollar Knee Lift.

The cameras catch Jimmy Valiant and Eddie Gilbert backstage discussing the upcoming tag match. Valiant can be heard to say that Gilbert has boogie rythm and can't be denied.....An odd friendship to say the least

Dino Bravo and Bad News Brown stop on their way to the ring to chat with Malenko.
Bravo: "Gilbert, Smith, two young punks, for you..Je battrai vous aime un chien"
Brown: That means sombodies gettin their ass kicked...Ghetto style!!

Eddie Gilbert & Davey Boy Smith vs Dino Bravo & Bad News Brown
The heels overpower the youngsters, battering them, yet Smith and Gilbert hang tough avoiding several close falls. At 11:47 Brown goes for the Ghetto Blaster and Eddie Gilbert counters catching his leg, spinning him and scoring the pin with a backslide. Bravo is furious at Brown!

Baron Von Raschke comes to the ring, head bandaged and still a little unsteady. "Sawyer, vat did you tink...dat the Baron would just crawl avay? Sawyer.....The Baron is shall not be beaten...by a slimy dog (Von Raschke raises the claw) and dat is all da people need to know!"

Buzz Sawyer comes out literally foaming. "Baron arrrhhhhh, Claw master....eeeeeee, Bald heads bleed better, blood arrrhhhhhh, blood feeds dogs, sharks see red....CLAW" With that Sawyer charges the ring and we have a match!!

Baron Von Raschke vs Buzz Sawyer
The Baron is in bad shape and takes a beatdown. Sawyer, foams, sneers and growls at the crowd as out of desperation the Baron lands the claw!!! Sawyer is on the verge of being out, when Abdullah appears and attacks Von Raschke with a fork, busting him open again. Sawyer is DQ'd and the Baron gets the win in 11:22

Baron Von Raschke lies prone in the ring as Abdullah and Sawyer continue the attack, beating Von Raschke senseless. Several fans appear poised to jump the rail, but literally freeze in fear as Sawyer charges them. The locker room empties as the villians leave through the service entrance.

Overall Rating: D - Attendance 930

Not a bad show, I was extremely pleased with the Destroyers ability to draw heat. When he and II finally hook up it will be electric. I roll the dice and make deals with the AWA and PNW (Sawyer works there too and it allows me to circumvent Georgia, though his connection to GWA is certainly helpful) I needed a boost tonight and the loan workers give it to me. I get Sawyer and Baron for two more shows and Abdullah is here for 3 months, his usual stint.

I am not happy with Valiant and Bravo. Hell these guys are on top and they are not going to be staying there long if they don't start drawing some better resoect from the fans. Overall I am happy as we got better.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #39
BYU 14
Coordinator

TV Time

I get offers from the NW regional I network and one from SW regional II. The Northwest network serves both the Northwest and Southwest, while SW II is Southwest only.

I go for NW I first and after 3 rounds we agree on a late night, one hour slot on Friday to be called MSCW - Heros of the Ring. I am ecstatic, though we will not get alot of exposure it will get us out to two areas on a weekly basis and should help the the monthly event attendance. In order to run the TV Tapings I will also cut back the schedule to a single medium monthly event. No more Road Warriors tour on the 1st Monday of the Month. It will now just be TV and our signature Monthly shows.

I also enter a request for closed circuit PPV, a novel idea that nobody has tried yet, it would be like duplicating a live event so I am told.
I break the news to the locker room and the reaction is good. We have very good backstage chemisty right now and this can only enhance it.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-08-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #40
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

MSCW Wrestle rag

MSCW News

Word is MSCW has hired a popular wrestler from the south, you can bet if it turns out to be a worker from GCW there will be hell to pay. Rumors circulating at press time tag The Spoiler, Tommy Rich, Terry Taylor, Ted Dibiase and Ronnie Garvin as possibilities.

Terry Daniels was on the radio and revealed his first match in a new promotion is always his favorite, which hopefully doesn't mean it is all down hill after.

It has been alleged that Baron Von Raschke - on a talent trade deal from AWA was upset at his workload at the last MSCW show, forcing some changes that did not make management happy with der legend.

Around the World

HCW Owner Paul Boesch has retired. A respected man, he nonoe the less leaves the promotion in flux. There is much speculation as to who can/will take his place.

CWA is struggling financially it would appear as they have fired the following workers.
Robert Gibson
Sabu the Wildman
Bobby Eaton
Phil Hickerson
Koko B ware
King Cobra
Terry Taylor

TV Troubles

ICW (International Championship Wrestling and WWA (Wrold Wrestling Association) were both axed for ratings from their respective channels. ICW was with WTVQ TV, while WWA was previsously seen on Local Great Lakes Station 3.

Ric Flair was voted in a readers poll as the best Wrestler in the world, the Nature Boy truly is stylin' and profilin'.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #41
molson
General Manager

Are you doing this with '08?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #42
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Are you doing this with '08?

Yeah, I converted my 2007 database and I am tweaking as I go. (I actually started this dynasty with 2005)
Old 06-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #43
BYU 14
Coordinator

MSCW Road Wars - Sunday May 15th, 1983 - Phoenix Travel Lodge Theater - Phoenix, AZ

Brickhouse Brown vs Shane Douglas
Brown stretches the rules at every opportunity against the rookie, finally securing the Camel clutch after a low blow to win in 5:58 by submission.

Terry Daniels and Tony Anthony finally square off for their Pose Down contest in the ring. After going through their routines, the fans convincingly vote Daniels the winner by their applause. Anthony, irate at the verdict, attacks Terry Daniels when he turns his back to celebrate. After pounding Daniels into the pavement, the Dirty White Boy exits the ring and begins smashing chairs in a tantrum, exchanging profanities and spit missiles with the fans as he goes.

Sean O'Reilly vs Ali Bey
The match is slow paced and bland until O'Reilly capatilizes on a mistake by Bey to snatch the pin with a School Boy roll up at the 7:13 mark.>>

Baron Von Raschke comes to the ring incensed, grabbing the Mic from Cappetta, who then scurries to the floor in terror.
Baron" "Abdullah da Butcher.......Da Baron can not blink wit out and der Sawyer attacking him.....VERBOTON....I vill not rest and I vill not leave da MSCW til I crush you head....like da fat purple grape in da vine da Baron drinks......WIT DA CLAW!!!!.............And dat, is all da people need to know.....

Abdullah the Butcher approaches the ring and Von Raschke meets him on the floor. An icy cold staredown ensues, until both men light into the other and a wild, chaotic brawl follows with the mayhem spilling out into the audience. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers have to hit the ringside and pull them apart before they kill each other and one of our precious few fans as well. Don Fargo goes to the announcers table and informs the crowd that they will meet in the main event tonight.....In a Street Fight!!!

Davey Boy Smith vs John Tatum
The Bulldog shows his youth, falling prey to Tatum's weasel tactics early. Ability and strength soon take over though, as Smith crushes Tatum with a Powerslam to score the pinfall in 7:51.

Bad News Brown vs Randy Mulkey
A squash for the fearsome brawler from Harlem as he obliterates Mulkey in 4:56 scoring the pinfall after landing the Ghetto Blaster.>>

Jimmy Valiant makes his way to the podium calling Eddie Gilbert to join him.
Valiant: "Eddie, Eddie, nice and steady, the Boogie Woogie man doesn't know much. But I know how to wrestle.....and I KNOW...how to dance!!!" (The crowds applauds as Valiant cuts a rather spastic looking rug around the podium)
"And I think....Eddie Gilbert, woo-eee, that someday, even you might wrestle as good as the Boogie Woogie man!!" (Gilbert smiles and nods appreciatively)
Gilbert: "Thank you Mr. Valiant."
Valiant: "Call me Jimmy, call me boogie, call me woogie.....But don't call in sick, cause you are about to under go....a crash course in Boogie Woogie wrestling....But don't ask me to teach you to dance like this!" (Valiant struts it like a wounded Chicken one more time) "Cause the ladies...they love dancing......and the ladies belong to me....Now stick around Eddie Gilbert, and getcha your first lesson in a boogie woogie beatdown!!!"

Jimmy Valiant vs Great Kabuki
A violent affair that sees JJ Dillon constantly in the mix, with Gilbert getting caught whenever he tries to even things up. After a ref bump, Dillon looks to clock Valiant with the loaded shoe, but Gilbert grabs it, floors Kabuki, then watches as Valiant drops a Boogie Woogie elbow to win in 10:38 by pinfall.
Rating: E+ (A decent match that the crowd just didn't get behind)

Still seething over Kabuki's loss, James J. Dillon now comes out to the podium with MSCW HW Champ Dino Bravo.
Dillon: "The Champ (laughing) oh it sounds good doesn't it Dino?"
Bravo: "Oui oui"
Dillon: "For gods sake not here, I've already showered today! Now, what all you pencil pushing, ditch digging, scum of the desert need to understand...is that Dino Bravo is more than a man....more than a myth...he is..the second coming of pestilence!!! And the plague will be unleashed at the next show.....victim to be determined, at a later time. And the Legion isn't about to let this belt...go anywhere"
Bravo: "OUI OUI!!"
Dillon: (walking away) "Go ahead if you must, just face the crowd."

The Sensational Destroyer vs Bobby Fulton
The youthful exuberence of Fulton gives the sensational one all he wants, as Bobby is determined to make the most of his challenge. The wiley veteran is not without tricks however and works Fultons knee against the steel ringpost, before applying the figure four to win by submission in 13:53.

The Sensational Destroyer refuses to release the lock after Fulton submits as Bobby screams in pain. It takes the Ref and three security personel to finally ply The Destroyer off of Fulton, who has to be stretchered out.

The Sensational Destroyer, grinning, grabs the house Mic. "Tough break kid" His laughter echos around the arena. "Now, for the intellectuals in attendance, which total one.......INCLUDING me! Answer me this.....How many ligaments hold the knee together?" The Crowd gives no answers to The Destroyer, but are more than happy to share their soda (and a choice word or two) with him. "Just as I surmised....not a High School graduate in the house...Well allow me to impart some knowledge into your thick, empty craniums. If you are Bobby Fulton, the answer to that question is.....NONE!!! Because I snapped them all!!!"

Mr. Wrestling II has heard enough and storms out from the back getting nose to nose with the Destroyer. As the situation deteriorates the locker room empties to keep the two apart as they exchange all manner of threats and insults. Wrestling II is led away, but promises to make The Destroyer accountable for his actions as he goes.

Abdullah the Butcher vs Baron Von Raschke - No DQ Street Fight
A wild brawl between the Baron and the wild man from the Sudan. Forks, Brass knuckles and everything not nailed down comes into the play. The Baron catches a bloodied Abdullah in the claw and as he takes him to his Knees, Buzz Sawyer appears and cracks the Baron with a steel chair. Abduallah follows with the Sudanese Meat Cleaver and covers for the pin at 12:07.

Baron Von Raschke is then mauled by Abdullah and Sawyer in the ring......when suddenly over the the arena speakers "Wild Eyed Southern Boys" begins to play.
Capetta: "Look at this....It's Tommy Rich!!!!"
Rich hits the Ring with a chair of his own and Sawyer and Abdullah hit the bricks........Sawyer stares back in disbelief as the Rich calls them both back to the Ring as he pounds the turnbuckle with the chair.
Malenko: "Typical of someone like Rich....He can never fight fair"
Capetta: "You have some nerve Malenko."

Overall Rating: D-
Attendance: 733

It started slow, but built up to a fairly good climax, especially for a promotion of this size. I can only imagine that the big names I have in on trade have helped. I sure hope they have, because they are breaking the bank!!! Rich has been signed to a 9 month PPA and I will look to move him into the main even spot that Valiant does not appear able to fill........Speaking of fill, I can only imagine the profanity that will fill the air when Ole finds out Rich is now in the MSCW fold.

Destroyer and Wrestling II now have a C- heat rating, which is really encouraging since the feud has really just started tonight. This one should be a barn burner.

On a really bad not, all this top talent has us 21 thousand in the hole already. Now that I have a TV show and hopefully the attention of Wrestling fans in our area, I will really have to scale it back!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #44
BYU 14
Coordinator

I had to answer the phone

I am sitting back in my office....well actually the spare bedroom of my apartment, contemplating the future. My talent loan gamble with the AWA and PNW has not paid off as, despite making an impact with those at the shows, attendance has still declined with each card. In addition, the TV deal is huge, but I am now questioning the time slot I picked. Weekends are not always better and looking at the network we are on, perhaps a mid-week late night show would have been better. Regardless, one thing is clear. We need to nail our first few broadcasts to get people
to the events, which I will now reduce to Monthly. I also need to juggle the storylines around and make some roster cuts.

For the time being I will reduce Valiant's storyline to mid card and push the Wrestling II / Spoiler feud as the marquee storyline. The Sawyer / Baron / Abdullah Storyline will blow off at the next event and I will tease it on the first TV show with a video....I am just starting to get a small sense of calm, when the phone rings.

Me: "Hello"
The voice that reponds is not kind: "You sorry sonofabitch, I should have ground you into the same sheet the
better half of you got wiped off on when the Mailman was done with your momma!!"
(I know that voice, yet still, like confirming any news you don't want to hear, I ask.
Me: "Ole???"
Ole: "You're quick you mealy mouth little punk. Good to see you are still the goddamn Boy genius!!
What the hell do you think you are doing?"
Me: "Well, at the moment I was about to start working up an angle for Tomm..."
Ole: "You filthy little cocksucker, what makes you even think you can come down here in
my promotion and sign my Wrestlers to come up and play in that Cat box pile of crap you
call Mountain Snakes or whatever the hell it is? BACK THE HELL OFF!!!!"
Me: "It's Mountain States and technically, I never came to Georgia, I actually gave tommy a call."
Ole: "You cross eyed, limp dick, snake in the grass, If my foot could reach Utah it would
be ankle deep in your sorry ass right now punk!!"
Me: "Well at 5'10" it may be a stretch for your foot to even reach your trash can."
Ole: "You got a big mouth 2000 miles away Mr. Telephone tough Guy, well guess what? Your path is gonna cross my right hand again someday"
Me: "You better learn to cross the road first Ole."
Ole: "You think you are pretty cute with your jabs don't ya? Well when you're lying there bleeding and puking, rolled up in a ball that I about to drop kick across the the highway we'll see how snappy you are you slimy sonofabitch!!!"
Me: "You've made your point Ole.....and please, next time you see the Spoiler, tell him I have been trying to get a hold of him."
Ole: "YOU MOTHERF" (The sound you hear when you finish cursing is a dial tone Ole)

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-10-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #45
BYU 14
Coordinator

Heroes of Wrestling TV taping - Monday June 5th, 1983 - Fresno, CA

The show opens with Boris Malenko at the podium.
"Good evening, peasants, though I am sure there is also some viewers regal enough to be to appreciate The Great Malenko gracing your TV screen. Tonight you are about to witness the pinnacle of professional wrestling and in a very special event, lobbied for by yours truly, the great Canadian Dino Bravo will bring something America has always lacked. Class, dignity and honor, when he defends against the slimy limey, Davey Boy Smith" (The crowd is caught off guard by Malenko's "candor" but offers some candor of it's own when he insults America, which brings a smile to the great ones face.)

Tracy Smothers vs Steve Lombardi
The youngsters get the show going with a decent match, though neither is well known and it hurts the pop somewhat. Smothers gets the pinfall in 6:13 with a Southern Kick.

A video plays depicting recent events between Baron Von Raschke, Buzz Sawyer, and Abdullah the Butcher as Cappetta reminds the audience that we will see a grudge match between Sawyer and Von Raschke at the MSCW Road Warriors event in Los Angeles tomorrow..

Tom Rocky Stone vs Brickhouse Brown
Brown has the upper hand, but is forced to cheat when Stone mounts a comeback, getting caught with a foreign object Dave Hebner awards the match to Stone by disqualification in 6:08.
Rating: F+ (Brown was set to go over clean, but Stone balked at the finish...WTF, a jobber refusing to job? He will get buried later for that)

A music video is shown to promote the training habits of Jimmy Valiant and Eddie Gilbert; roadwork, mat work, weight training and a generous portion of dancing all make up the intensive program as Valiant shows his young protégé how the Boogie Woogie Man does it.

Tommy Rich vs Bad News Brown - MSCW TV Title
Wildfire and Brown put on a crazy brawl as we debut the MSCW Title strap. Brown seems to have the upper hand and lands the Ghetto Blaster for the sure win. Rich kicks out at 2 1/2 and manages to rally scoring the win in 10:03 with a Lou Thesz Press. Tommy Rich wins the MSCW TV Title.

As Gary Michael Cappetta prepares to interview Mr. Wrestling II, The Sensational Destroyer sneaks up from behind and lays a beat down on II. The Destroyer, produces a "stature of David" gives a brief deposition on the wonders of ancient Roman art, then delivers the coup de gras, breaking the statue on Wrestling II's head, drawing blood through his mask. Cappetta cowers off to the side as Malenko can be heard laughing.

Dino Bravo vs Davey Boy Smith - MSCW Heavyweight Title
The young brit tries hard, but in the end is unable to overcome the power of Bravo and the guile of JJ Dillon and falls in 11:53 by submission to the Champions Bear Hug. Dino Bravo makes defence number 1 of his MSCW Heavyweight Title title. The crowd chants for Valiant afterward and Bravo curses them out in french and leaves in a huff.

Still bloodied, Mr. Wrestling II is livid as he makes his way to the ring.
"Destroyer, You portray yourself and an intellectual. Superior to everyone in every way. Well lets get one thing straight right now!! I have been around this business a long time, just like you. Our paths have crossed before and we both know what the other can do and because of that, you, better than anyone should know.....Wrestling II does not turn his back to an injustice and he does not back down from a fight!! What you did to Bobby Fulton makes me sick....A young kid and you try and end his career! You need to answer for that and I'm not going anywhere until you bring your tail out here!!! If you are man enough?" (The crowd breaks into a chant of "2, 2, 2, 2")
Rating C+

The Sensational Destroyer appears in the entrance way.
"Mr Wrestling numero dos....And for those of you not as articulate in the art of linguistics as I....That means number two." (The crowd is all over Destroyer and he seems to bask in the hatred) "You know, I realized as I was introducing you to some culture with my Statue earlier. That a man who calls himself 'Mr. Wrestling II' must truly be a man filled with deep insecurities, or a man with an over-inflated ego."
Cappetta: "What about a man with Sensational in his name?"
Malenko: "Quiet, this is riveting!!"
Destroyer: "Your very name serves no purpose, but to cheapen the eloquence that so many superlatives bring to the English language. Hence, somebody truly worthy of a superlative, such as I.....And for all you half wits, think of superlatives as 'big words', but I digress. As I was saying, the crux of the issue is simply this. You need to be put in your place with the rest of the unwashed masses. And since no good deed shall go unpunished, consider your challenge accepted.....We shall meet at 'Rage in the Rockies' in two weeks."

Final Rating: E Attendance: 1,970

Not a bad effort for our first TV taping, much room to improve, but we had a nice crowd and hopefully the word will start to spread when this episode airs this Friday. Destroyer continues to amaze with the heat he generates. His feud with Wrestling II is a solid C now and will only get better once they meet. We will see how Tommy handles carrying the TV shows as the television Champion. I am betting he will do just fine.

After the show Valiant (surprise) gets into it with Dave Hebner of all people. I sit him down and give him a stern warning about his interaction with others....Hell at least pick on another Wrestler. Shane Douglas is also making a name for himself as a poison backstage, even at the tender age of 18! He will find himself gone quickly if he starts any crap at this stage of his career.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-14-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:55 AM   #46
BYU 14
Coordinator

MCSW Road Warriors - Tuesday June 6th, 1983 - Los Angeles, CA

The show starts with a replay of the beatdown on Terry Daniels by Tony Anthony after Daniels embarrased him in their posedown contest.

The Dirty White Boys (Anthony and Tommy Lane) stroll proudly out after the video finishes. Anthony grabs a mic. "Daniels you little puke, anybody...I mean anybody can see, who deserved to win that pose down. How could I have known, that you would have stacked the crowd with your fat, stinking cousins and old girlfriends from your days at the dog pound!! You deserved what you got and we now have a dream.....A dream that your pain has only just begun!!"

Ali Bey vs Randy Mulkey
Ali Bey batters young Mulkey and then apparently mocking the Baron, submits him with a clawhold in 5:39.

Baron Von Raschke has no time to pay attention to Ali as he joins Cappetta at the announcers table.
Baron: "Herr Sawyer, everyone day know, dat tonight ve vill meet. But what da people do not know, is dat I, Baron Von Raschke, have had a surprise added to da contract. Derfore, da loser tonight....must leave da MSCW...and now da people know!!"
Cappetta: "Wow, this raises the stakes folks!!"
Malenko: (Sarcastically) "Very astute of you"

Davey Boy Smith vs Mike Shaw
Smith rebounds from his title loss to Bravo in style, attacking the maniac with a ferocity never before seen. He puts Shaw to bed at 5:36 with a Powerslam.

Buzz Sawyer appears drooling and panting. "Baron aaaahhhhhh, loser leaves town?? (breathing heavily) I have no town.....you have no hair...aahhhh and no chance in hell Baron.....German....this is my home...I hate strudel....aaahhhhhhh, you lose!!"

Great Kabuki vs Atsushi Onita
The debuting Onita gave Kabuki some problems early, as things got very brutal with both men landing stiff shots. Onita avoided the green mist, but could not dodge the Heart Kick after James J. Dillon interfered. Kabuki gets the pin in 8:51.

The Sensational Destroyer appears. "I am on the campaign trail Wrestling II. A campaign to expose and eliminate all that are not worthy of the brilliance that is the Sensational Destroyer....Alas, when I am done, the world will be a very lonely place. Less than 2 weeks.....Have the visions of pain within your cerebral cortez begun to paralyze you with fear yet Wrestling II?"

The Sensational Destroyer starts to leave then pauses.....(The crowd lets him know politely that there is nothing to see here "Two, lest I be negligent in my duties as a true gentleman and a scholar. I would be remiss not to mention one more detail. I have something special in store that will only serve to exacerbate your panorama of despair....it will be revealed when the time is right"
Malenko: "Good thing I am so smart, or I would be as lost as these clods after such a brilliant discourse"

Baron Von Raschke vs Buzz Sawyer - Loser leaves MSCW
As a special precaution, Abdullah the Butcher is ushered to ringside and cuffed to a post. These two then go absolutely berserk on each other. Sawyer bleeds first, but Baron soon wears the crimson mask as well. The action heats up on the outside and Butcher, pulling something from his tights motions Sawyer to bring the Baron within reach. As Abdullah throws a haymaker with Brass knuckles on, Baron ducks and Sawyer is out cold. Von Raschke hoists him into the ring and covers....1....2...3!!! Sawyer is pinned in 14:45 and is finished in MSCW!!!

At the conclusion of the match, a triumphant Baron Von Raschke calls on security to uncuff Abdullah so he can have his way with him as well. As the Cuffs are being unfastened, Sawyer recovers and jumps Baron at the same time Abdullah is freed. Both men pummel the Baron and the beating culminates in a power slam from Sawyer on the concrete. Von Raschke is badly hurt and is taken out on a back board.
Ratng: D

Dino Bravo defeated Jimmy Valiant - MSCW Heavyweight Title
Dillon is in Bravos corner, while Eddie Gilbert seconds Valiant. Back and forth action, though it is a bit more subdued than the Sawyer/Baron brawl. Dillon tricks Gilbert into chasing him, and with Hebners attention diverted, Bravo pokes Valiant in the eyes and clamps on the bear hug. Valiant won't submit, but passes out at the 11:40 mark. Dino Bravo makes defence number 2 of his MSCW Heavyweight Title. Jimmy seems to wonder why he got no help from Eddie when he comes too. Gilbert apologizes for letting Dillon distract him.

Dino Bravo returns to the Ring. "Valiant, you were just that eh? That was your last chance at this belt. But to show I am aboot as nice a fella as you will find. I will offer a shot to your young lackey, Eddie Gilbert, what do you say eh? Je donnerai un coup de pied à votre âne aussi!!"

As the show ends Cappetta advises the crowd that Baron Von Raschke has suffered a serious back injury and his prognosis is unknow at the current time, though it is doubtful we will be seeing him wrestle for quite some time.

Overall Rating:E+ Attendance: 847

Again pleased overall as our shows seem to be getting better. Both shows this week seem to have been crowd pleasers and our small following is vocal. Still I was a little disappointed with the number of fans that showed up for the event on the heels of the nearly 2000 fans at yesterdays taping.

Those show brings our talent loans with Von Raschke and Sawyer to an end and we are able to wrap it up fairly neatly with both a loser leave town and the injury angle.

We will now drop down to one monthly show and the weekly TV tapings. This will be a good workload and I allow me to utilize more of the talent as well.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:49 AM   #47
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

MSCW Wrestle rag

MSCW News
The first airing of our TV show garnered a rating of 0.00. Not many people watched it apparently.

Jimmy Valiant is officially warned for his behaviour and pledges a change.

MSCW signs enhancment talent Derrick Garcia.

Around the World
Linda McMahon has started her own wrestling federation, reopening the Shieks DCW fed in Detroit. There is Speculation this will be used as a farm team for the WWF.
Their initial signings include:
Bobby Heenan
Buzz Sawyer
David Schults
Gary Hart
John Kobal
Nick Patrick
Paul Orndorff
Road Warrior Hawk

Fred Blassie has left the WWF in something of a surprise.

Samu and Ray Traylor are among those making their pro debuts.

CFW's Bobby Duncum suffers a serious injury, breaking his ankle. He will be out for nearly three months

Rip Hawk, The Crusher and The Shiek of Araby all retire.

Veteran Journeyman Don Curtis has passed away at the age of 46. No cause of death was released.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #48
BYU 14
Coordinator

MSCW Heroes of the Ring TV Taping - Monday June 13th, 1983 - Salt Lake City, Utah

Gary Michael Cappetta: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to MSCW Heroes of Wrestling!!!!! To start things off I would like to introdcue you to the newest MSCW Hero......Please give a round of applause to Robert Gibson....

Robert Gibson joins Cappetta in the ring and makes his intentions known right away. "Ya know Gary, I received a call the other day from a buddy of mine. He had a little problem he needed some help with. You see it seems that a certain pair that calls themselves the 'The Dirty White Boys' has chosen to give him a little trouble...Well Anthony and Lane, ya picked the wrong guy, cause when when Terry Daniels made that call, I couldn't get here quick enough and if I were you......I couldn't be getting out of here....quick enough!"

Robert Gibson vs John Tatum
The rocker electrifies the crowd with several athletic moves, dominating Tatum and putting him away with a Dropkick in 5:53.

The Dirty White Boys taunt Gibson from the entry way after the match.
Anthony: "You have got to be kidding....you came to save the day? Punk I used to kick sand in the eyes of kids like you on the beach....
Lane: "Tony, you grew up in a trailer....
Anthony: "Shut up!! Like I was saying, do you know what they did Gibson? Nothing!!! They ran home to their momma's, only to find I had already been there too....hahahaha!"

Cappetta: "Well that was interesting, say Boris, what do you think about Eddie Gilbert taking on Dino Bravo for the MSCW Heavyweight Title coming up on June 19th?"
Malenko: "Gary, you jest, Gilbert is young, dumb and taking advice from a man who has failed to even test Bravo, that poodle Jimmy Valiant...What do I think???? Have an Ambulance ready!!"

Jimmy Valiant vs Brickhouse Brown
Valiant glowers at Malenko, who seems indifferent, then proceeds to dismantle Brickhouse Brown. Brown does rally briefly, put soon falls prey to the Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop getting pinned in 6:57.

In a rare appearance I address the crowd about the aforementioned match between Gilbert and Bravo. "I have seen Dino Bravo benefit once too often from the debauchery of one James J Dillon. It is only right, that we give you, the fans, a fair match, in which the best man wins, without the help of anyone!! Therefore, I am selecting a special referee, one from a country based on honor and equality, one who is beyond reproach. Atsushi Onita is my choice to referee this match."
Malenko: "What the....? My Goldfish speaks better english than him??"
Cappetta: "He speaks better english than Bravo too."

The Sensational Destroyer vs Davey Boy Smith
Smith again gives a veteran a run for his money, but Destroyer has forgotten more about the sport than Davey Boy has learned thus far, and he uses that knowledge to win in 8:20 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock after some questionable tactics.

Mr. Wrestling II has joined Cappetta and Malenko for the Destroyer's match. "You know, I must say the Destroyer impresses me, but the bottom line is this. I'm not a young kid fresh off the bus. I've traveled the rails, roads and airways of this great country over the years and can tell you the best place to get Crawdad stew in Tupelo, Mississipi. Destroyer's tricks won't deter me...that I can promise you!"

Tommy Rich vs Great Kabuki - MSCW TV Title
An grueling match, that showcases the athleticism of Rich and the ruthlessness of Kabuki. To the delight of the crowd Rich dropkicks Dillon off the ring apron at one point, taking him out of the match. The end comes at 12:17 with a Lou Thesz Press. Tommy Rich makes defence number 1 of his MSCW TV Title.

The Sensational Destroyer returns to the arena as the TV Match ends.
"You know....JJ, come over here please. (Dillon joins him at the announcers desk) "Now, you know as well as I Mr. Dillon, that great minds are as rare as a man having less than 3 wives here in Salt Lake City" (This brings an enormous amount of heat from the crowd and even Dillon winces) "So there for, would it not make sense to join the only two great minds in this building in a common cause?"
Dillon: "Without a doubt"
Destroyer: "Well then, I think it is time, as the Gambler would say, to show 'em. I, the Sensational Destroyer, have retained the services of this fine man...James J Dillon as manager and confidant." (And Boyfriend - comes a voice from the angry crowd) "Yes, brilliant, now the World see's why a Gnat would not drown on your gene pool, but I digress.....Wrestling II.....Surprise!!"

James J. Dillon and The Sensational Destroyer goad the crowd as they slap each other on the back. The "gene Pool" heckler gets caught hurling a half eaten hot dog and escorted out as things deteriorate rapidly.

Final Rating: D-
Attendance: 1000 (Sell out)

A nice debut in my home state, as it seemed to increase our popularity. I have to caution Destroyer to watch the multiple Wife promos in Utah, but apart from that all went well. Having Dillon in his corner will bring the Wrestling II/Destroyer feud even more heat.

Davey Boy Smith has done well gaining a C- in momentum, despite begin jobbed to Bravo and Destroyer recently. In fact only Abdullah, Destroyer and Wrestling II, all with a C have higher.

I am going to be making some drastic swerves in the next 3 weeks to trim the roster and get my stars in hotter storylines. This will be crucial to survival.

I now have the Gilbert/Bravo and Wreslting II/Destroyer Matches advance booked for our next event "Rage in the Rockies" Hopefully we get our first D+ overall rating at this show.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #49
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I have to say, reading this, and believe it or not, the wife and I watching RAW on Mondays the past few weeks have made me want to try out the game.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #50
BYU 14
Coordinator

MSCW Heroes of the Ring TV Taping - Monday June 20th, 1983 - Las Vegas, NV

Gary Cappetta starts the show with an announcement on the main event. "Hello and welcome to MSCW Heroes of Wrestling TV. Tonight you will be seeing Bad News Brown, Great Kabuki and Atsushi Onita in action and in a very special main event....Tommy Rich will put his TV title on the line against Abdullah the Butcher!!!! Now let's get right to it!!"

Tony Anthony vs Sean O'Reilly
O'Reilly puts up more of a fight than Anthony bargains for and within minutes Tommy Lane has appeared at ringside. Sure enough, Lane takes advantage of Anthony distracting Dave Hebner to clock O'Reilly, giving Anthony the pin in 6:42.

The Dirty White Boys then begin to put the boots to O'Reilly and it doesn't look good as the Bell rings incessantly upon deaf Ears. Suddenly, Robert Gibson comes running in and cleans house, saving O'Reilly from a potentially serious beating.

Bad News Brown vs Bobby Fulton
A spirited match that flows nicely and gets the crowd into it. The end comes suddenly when Bad News Brown throws powder in the face
of Fulton, immobilzing him long enough to steal the pin in 7:41.

Eddie Gilbert joins Malenko for an interview at Ringside to polite applause, why can't the crowd get behind this kid?
Malenko: "Let me be the first to tell you Eddie, I don't think you belong in the same ring as Dino Bravo, how do you plan to survive?"
Gilbert: "Wow, well gee Mr. Malenko I.."
Malenko: "You haven't thought of that have you, well that's typical of you young Kids, good luck punk."
Malenko leaves and Gilbert is left standing in shock with his arms out.

Atsushi Onita vs Great Kabuki
There is noticeable tension between Dillon and Kabuki, then after an apparent miscommunication, Dillon accidentally clocks Kabuki with
his loaded shoe giving Onita the win 9:40 by pinfall. Dillon looks disgusted and just leaves Kabuki laying there.

Highlights of the recent events between Mr. Wrestling II and The Sensational Destroyer are played in a video package that gets the crowd fired up.
Rating: C -

Abdullah the Butcher vs Tommy Rich - MSCW TV Title
Tommy starts out on fire, dazzling the mad man from the Sudan with speed and athleticism, but when Butcher gets his hands on him things change in a hurry. Butcher goes to work with the fork and Rich is soon bleeding buckets. The action spills outside the ring and all hell breaks loose, with Rich finally being posted and knocked unconcious. Abdullah rolls back into the Ring just in time to beat the 10 count for the win by count out in 11:37. The title however, does not change hands.

Overall rating: D
Attendance: 1000 (sellout)

A good solid program heading into our event this coming Sunday as the segments on Wrestling II and The Destroyer are now scoring in the D+ to C range every time. Fulton and Bad News Brown have great chemistry in the ring and their match tonight earned them a spot on the card at "Rage in the Rockies"

Onita refused to do the job and for sake of having a good match on a key show I changed the outcome, but I won't forget. On top of that, Robert Gibson was talking smack about Onita after the show and when Onita called him on it, Gibson challenged him to a fight. I reprimand Gibson with a firm warning and he tells me "whatever."

With the current Money problems I am having, the last thing I need is BS backstage, so I will have to nip this in the bud quickly.

Dennis, Glad to have you following along, this years version is a blast and there are some real good mod makers out there that have projects close to completion. I would definitely recommend it.