Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #201
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If his faction has a secret signal, and she has not posted since the start of the day, then ipso facto she has not confirmed herself as being in his faction.

Note that he said, "as far as I can tell".

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #202
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
A major victory is both no free assassins and one's own faction (not necessarily the leader) crowned king.

Getting one's own faction crowned will only result in a "normal" victory.

The leader is the only person who can be crowned. If one leader is killed, someone else becomes the leader.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #203
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
A major victory is both no free assassins and one's own faction (not necessarily the leader) crowned king.

Getting one's own faction crowned will only result in a "normal" victory.

I just looked that up to verify and your correct. Crowing your own king or killing all assasins both result in a normal victory. A major requires what you stated. I apologize if my post mislead anyone
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #204
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
If his faction has a secret signal, and she has not posted since the start of the day, then ipso facto she has not confirmed herself as being in his faction.

Note that he said, "as far as I can tell".

Maybe their faction message was "dont post tomorrow...miss the vote"

JOKE^^^^
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #205
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
To be fair, you get your leader crowned (faction win) by killing assassins. Those goals aren't sequential, they are tied together.

Yeah, but killing assassin won't necessarily guarantee that the faction I belong to will be crowed, just A leader will be. My point, though, wasn't that we shouldn't be trying to further our faction, but rather that the emphasis should be killing the assassins.

Are we agreed on that?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #206
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now, that's a very interesting point.

Agreed. Although, personally, I wouldn't mind if this turns against Blade (as it has with WVU switching), because then I no longer have the first vote on the highest vote getter. That said, if it switches back to hoops, I see no reason yet to change it. I don't think either is a baddie, but such is the crapitude that is the Day 1 vote.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #207
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, Post #188:

How do you know she is not in your faction when she has not posted since the start of the day?

I do not know she is not in my faction. I said as far as I can tell she is not in my faction. I reserve the right to change my vote when/if she posts.

If you remember what happened to me in Barkeep's last game, you should be able to read between the lines of what I'm saying.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #208
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Yeah, but killing assassin won't necessarily guarantee that the faction I belong to will be crowed, just A leader will be. My point, though, wasn't that we shouldn't be trying to further our faction, but rather that the emphasis should be killing the assassins.

Are we agreed on that?

I think killing the assasins is what is going to get your leader crowned, as you gain points by killing assasins. He is right, they are one-and-the-same
Demotivation
Old 09-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #209
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Cronin, Post #188:

How do you know she is not in your faction when she has not posted since the start of the day?

do the assassins know each other? if so i think cronin just made a feudian slip. he just moved up my most likely assassin list

Vote Cronin time to go to jail
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #210
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
do the assassins know each other? if so i think cronin just made a feudian slip. he just moved up my most likely assassin list

Vote Cronin time to go to jail

lol ... amazing

knives out
Old 09-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #211
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, the assassins do know each other.

Cronin, going to refresh my memory of last game - it is a short one so this should not take too long.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #212
WVUFAN
College Starter

Wait .. I just read the rules, and it doesn't say anything about the assassins knowing each other.

Barkeep, can we get a rules clarification on this?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #213
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
lol ... amazing

yes, yes i am
Old 09-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #214
st.cronin
General Manager

hoops, when I said "what happened to me" I was really referring to what happened to my faction on day 1...

knives out
Old 09-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #215
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

bulletsponge, the assassins all know each other and are allowed to communicate privately, typ. by PM but it's also been done by IM.

The faction members know only the faction leaders, but hoops has posited that at least one faction is attempting to use code embedded in posts to reveal themselves to their faction leader and each other. Given that this has occurred in the previous iteration of this game, that's a very likely supposition, though it does not necessarily indicate anything of hoops because he could remember it from that game.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-26-2006, 04:31 PM   #216
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

dola, I suppose it's possible the assassins don't know one another, but that would be highly unusual for one of these games. That's their advantage, to counteract the disadvantage of being heavily outnumbered.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #217
hoopsguy
General Manager

From the Rules:

Quote:
Assassins Powers and Roles

The Assassins may freely communicate with each other.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #218
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
hoops, when I said "what happened to me" I was really referring to what happened to my faction on day 1...

st. cropnin, a lot of us weren't in that game. Could you do us a favor and give us a quick recap on what you're hinting at?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #219
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

well im sticking by my vote for sure now. its as good as anyones right now
Old 09-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #220
Fouts
College Starter

Lot of stuff being thrown around, but this looks interesting. Wouldn't you know at least 1 person in your faction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I may be missing something in the rules, but would people in his faction even know him?

I'm not sure about blade, but it did appear like he was trying to latch onto a code. Not sure who to vote for yet, as half the people haven't even checked in.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #221
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
st. cropnin, a lot of us weren't in that game. Could you do us a favor and give us a quick recap on what you're hinting at?

I'll just say that there are probably people in my faction who have posted, but it's impossible for me to say for sure about anybody. There are a couple of reasons why that's possible - either the "code" was too common, and has been used by more people than it's likely are in my faction, or else the "code" was too confusing, and has been mangled by people, or else there was no "code" and our fearless leader gave some other guidance which I am unable to make (public) use of.

knives out
Old 09-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #222
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going from memory, and a quick read of the first 150 posts in that game, I think Cronin had a Night 0 message that was pretty confusing for him.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #223
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Lot of stuff being thrown around, but this looks interesting. Wouldn't you know at least 1 person in your faction?
If you look at the parent in context, this is a non sequitur. Blade was discussed as a possible faction member, in which case, outside of codes arranged by the faction leader, no-one would know him.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #224
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola and somewhat OT, I love the new vB feature taking you back to the quoted post... it was always such a royal pain to try to go back and look up the full post that somebody quoted in these games.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #225
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
If you look at the parent in context, this is a non sequitur. Blade was discussed as a possible faction member, in which case, outside of codes arranged by the faction leader, no-one would know him.

Got it. I guess thats why hoops was asking for acknowledgement.

BTW, why do you keep using italics?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #226
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Checking in
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #227
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

To clarify, this is assuming that Blade is not a faction leader himself.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #228
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Got it. I guess thats why hoops was asking for acknowledgement.

BTW, why do you keep using italics?

It's something I commonly do for emphasis. I've done bold on a couple of occasions as well. Hopefully, there isn't another faction using italics as a code that now mistakenly thinks I'm one of their own.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #229
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Going from memory, and a quick read of the first 150 posts in that game, I think Cronin had a Night 0 message that was pretty confusing for him.

I just checked, and his faction won the game...so dont feel too bad for him
Demotivation
Old 09-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #230
Fouts
College Starter

I can understand italics being a code, but in every post? That's just silly. It's begging for others to suspect you.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #231
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I can understand italics being a code, but in every post? That's just silly. It's begging for others to suspect you.

I use italics much as i assumed he was doing. To emphasize key points. I find bolding to be rather distracting from the rest of the post, and underlining to make the post seem jumbled. I use it on a fairly regular basis when i have points i want noticed
Demotivation
Old 09-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #232
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I agree ... !!!!

Ok, now I'm just being silly.

knives out
Old 09-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #233
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I use italics much as i assumed he was doing. To emphasize key points. I find bolding to be rather distracting from the rest of the post, and underlining to make the post seem jumbled. I use it on a fairly regular basis when i have points i want noticed

So you are insinuating that he has a key point in every post today? Interesting.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #234
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i hope nobody spots my smiley code
Old 09-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #235
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Want to post an important clarification:

It is possible for the game to end before all assassins are dead. If that is the case you only win IF your faction leader was crowned king or if a faction that is tolerated by your faction had its leader crowned king. This means that it is possible for some villagers to win and others to lose.

On the otherhand, it is also possible to kill all the assassins and not have any faction earn enough points to crown its leader king. In that case all surviving villagers get a normal victory, with the dead ones getting a "minor" victory.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #236
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I most certainly do not have a key point in every post. I'm pretty sure that, at most, it's every other post.

(Note -- I repressed my impulse to use bold or italics in this post. )

Old 09-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #237
Blade6119
Coordinator

I would like to say congratulations on the victory to Faction B...Barkeep has run this game twice before, and both times that faction reigned supreme. So i assume it shall happen again
Demotivation
Old 09-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #238
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, we'll be leaving shortly and I'm not entirely sure when we're coming back. So my completely random vote:

Jail ntndeacon

C-yall later.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:04 PM   #239
hoopsguy
General Manager

How do people feel about trusted lists at this point? I've got what I feel is a pretty strong one emerging.

UNVOTE BLADE6119
VOTE BULLETSPONGE
Old 09-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #240
hoopsguy
General Manager

Correcting my voting syntax. Bullet is casting a vote right now for a player that I trust in this game.

UNVOTE JAIL BLADE6119
VOTE JAIL BULLETSPONGE
Old 09-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #241
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

i must've missed something

why bulletsponge?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:07 PM   #242
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
How do people feel about trusted lists at this point? I've got what I feel is a pretty strong one emerging.

I prefer to keep mine on the dl for a day or two... no sense in giving the assassins free targets.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:07 PM   #243
Blade6119
Coordinator

Vote count?
Demotivation
Old 09-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #244
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

beats me
Old 09-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #245
hoopsguy
General Manager

Grey, I explained it in the next post. His vote for Cronin is for someone I trust.

I'm moving away from Blade because subsequent posts have moved me away from the ellipsis theory. Blade is now aligned with a emerging trust group (not the strongest one, in terms of certainty) in my mind.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:09 PM   #246
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I show for the vote count, as of Post #245:

Blade 3 -- Anxiety (139), MrW (179), WVU (193)
Hoops 2 -- Rum (135), Blade (176)
LSG 1 -- Cronin (188)
Cronin 1 -- Bullet (209)
Bullet 1 -- Hoops (240)
Ntdeacon 1 -- DC (238)
Old 09-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #247
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

sorry, didn't see the 2nd post before I posted
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #248
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

UNVOTE BLADE6119
VOTE BULLETSPONGE

Well, I'm not really sold on anybody yet.

knives out
Old 09-26-2006, 05:11 PM   #249
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have the following vote order
Quote:
Chief Rum Hoopsguy
Anxiety Blade
Blade6119 hoopsguy
Mr. Wednesday Blade
st.cronin Lonestar
WVUFan Blade
Bulletsponge Cronin
Dodgerchick Ntndeacon
Hoopsguy Bulletsponge
Which leads to:
Blade 3 -- Anxiety, Mr. W, WVU
Hoopsguy 2 -- Rum, Blade
Lonestar 1 -- cronin
Cronin 1 -- Bullet
NTN 1 -- Dodgerchick
Bulletsponge 1 -- Hoopsguy

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-26-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #250
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Damn hoopsguy and his efficient vote counting!

Edit: Still no votes from

Lonestargirl
Bek
Ntndeacon
Greyroofoo
Qwikshot
Lathum
BrianD
King
RealDeal
Fouts

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-26-2006 at 05:13 PM.