Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #451
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
well played all. i'd be curious to know who neuqua and oliegirl used their powers on when.

I think the night sequences were:

Neuqua protected: Neuqua, Daddytorgo, Neuqua, bek
oliegirl scanned: Izulde, spleen, bek, neuqua

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #452
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i had assumed olie was special, but i actually thought like lighthouse that bek was the seer and olie the herbalist.

although both olie and bek were onto things fairly early, so it could have been either way i guess.

anyways. food
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #453
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

my gut said to go for oliegirl last night as i was convinced she was the seer. but - oh well.

that was a pretty spectacular collapse by us wolves, culminating in an embarrassing gaff on my part.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #454
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah. which explained why olie was onto izulde so quick.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:46 PM   #455
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I guess I just got lucky last night.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #456
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I think the night sequences were:

Neuqua protected: Neuqua, Daddytorgo, Neuqua, bek
oliegirl scanned: Izulde, spleen, bek, neuqua

Oh I forgot to mention that I thought Olie indicted Izulde early on.

I guess I was completely wrong about her viewing me though. I guess her notion that I was a villager was just good gameplay.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #457
st.cronin
General Manager

I thought participation and gameplay was excellent! I didn't think the wolves played especially poorly at all - it was very unlucky that oliegirl found Izulde right away.

knives out
Old 10-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #458
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
my gut said to go for oliegirl last night as i was convinced she was the seer. but - oh well.

that was a pretty spectacular collapse by us wolves, culminating in an embarrassing gaff on my part.

wouldn't have mattered. i was onto you earlier in the day just via process of elimination and the fact that you were fairly quiet lately like i said and hadn't come up with much of anything credible and unique. look at my list as far back as like...yesterday night and i had it narrowed down, and then you vaulted to the top.

you didn't collapse until the vote was already entirely against you, and IMHO i don't think anything you could have said at that point could have changed our minds...statistically like I said, we had to lynch one of a limited number of people even if you had convinced us of your innocence.

wasn't i going to eat?
Old 10-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #459
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Oh I forgot to mention that I thought Olie indicted Izulde early on.

I guess I was completely wrong about her viewing me though. I guess her notion that I was a villager was just good gameplay.

She may well have viewed you. I'm a little bit confused, looking through my pms.

I think actually it was Izulde, somebody, spleen, bek. I think Neuqua was going to be tonight.

knives out
Old 10-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #460
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

so...

let's do it all over again.

Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 10-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #461
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Pretty much once she had been an early accuser of Izulde, and then expressed no desire to string me up, I planned to just follow her lead.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #462
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
so...

let's do it all over again.

I think I'll be playing in future games. This was fun.

Thanks again for having this idea St.Cronin. It was a blast.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #463
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah thanks cronin! well run game and like I said in my pm...nice and basic and fun. curious to try another game and see if I'm getting it or not
Old 10-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #464
spleen1015
Coordinator

I had a pretty striong feeling that oliegirl was the seer. It was more a feeling than anything, but some of the things she said made me think she was.

I had no idea who the herbalist was.

I had a really strong feeling that GE was a wolf for a lot of the reasons Bek pionted out. I was waiting until the next day before I said anything. I think the wolves offed me because I was on the right track with who I was going after. After all, there were 4 folks who didn't vote for Izulde and both of the other wolves were 2 of those 4.

I was totally off with Bek being a wolf. Yikes.

Good job everyone.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #465
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Daddy from what alan has said to me his game should be a good test as it won't be as complicated as many.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #466
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, GE projected wolf on Day One, and if I hadn't been killed on Night One....

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #467
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hope all of the first timers enjoyed it!!!!!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #468
Fouts
College Starter

Great read. Very well played.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #469
hoopsguy
General Manager

Had fun following along. Congrats to the villagers for really picking it up once they got their first wolf.

Hope to see a few of you in the wild, wild west next week.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #470
Izulde
Head Coach

Nice way to rebound, villagers. Now I don't feel so bad about being the first wolf lynched since the seer caught me the first night.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #471
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Hey guys - sorry I haven't replied sooner...I haven't been home all day.

I know I scanned Izulde the first night, it was pure luck that he happened to be a wolf. After that I don't remember the order, but I scanned Spleen, Neuqua and Bek. I kept trying to drop hints that I was the seer...mainly by saying "the way I see it" in my posts, but I don't know if anyone caught on. I would like to know how Glengoyne figured out that I was the seer

I had a blast playing and will definitely play again! I think it would be cool to have 2 or 3 more "beginner" games so we can all work on our strategies and figure out more how the game works, etc...

Thanks to st.cronin for running this!!!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #472
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dropping hints is a dangerous game for the seer... drop too many of them, and the wolves catch on.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:11 AM   #473
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Hey guys - sorry I haven't replied sooner...I haven't been home all day.

I know I scanned Izulde the first night, it was pure luck that he happened to be a wolf. After that I don't remember the order, but I scanned Spleen, Neuqua and Bek. I kept trying to drop hints that I was the seer...mainly by saying "the way I see it" in my posts, but I don't know if anyone caught on. I would like to know how Glengoyne figured out that I was the seer

I had a blast playing and will definitely play again! I think it would be cool to have 2 or 3 more "beginner" games so we can all work on our strategies and figure out more how the game works, etc...

Thanks to st.cronin for running this!!!

You pointed to Izulde, in what I thought was simply out of the blue. I didn't see any reason for it. I filed that away. Then the next day you casually mentioned that you thought I was a villager or somesuch, when I think most felt I was going to be involved in a one-for-one that would have turned into an oh-for-two.

Izulde turned out to actually be a wolf. I was actually a villager, although you didn't view me as I figured. I'm guessing now that you deduced that I was a villager because the wolves wouldn't have voted for me over Izulde, were I a wolf as well.

Then you had a change of heart regarding neuqua. So I did the same.

I was worried that I'd out you in case someone hadn't caught on. I was so convinced that almost everyone had to know you were the seer, if you had survived another night, I would have started to suspect you were playing a fantastic game as a wolf.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:29 PM   #474
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

So is it a particularly good thing that people couldn't figure out I was herbalist or bad?

I'd love if some of the veterans critiqued our performances so we know what to work on in the future.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #475
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So is it a particularly good thing that people couldn't figure out I was herbalist or bad?

I'd love if some of the veterans critiqued our performances so we know what to work on in the future.

In my opinion it was a good thing for you and the villagers that people didnt figure it out. There is no real great reason for wanting people to know that you are a bodyguard other than to save your self from a lynch if it comes to it.

In more complex games there are often roles that arguably should or shouldn't be revealed as its debatable which side it helps more, but bodyguard is one of those that usually its best to keep quiet until you can't any longer.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #476
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
In addition to Alan's comment... there's nothing about the bodyguard that makes it likely for people to figure out that's what you are. The only reason to ever reveal it is if you're on the block, and even then it's debateable (because you're pretty much guaranteed to get whacked by the wolves).

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #477
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is hard for me to give a 100% honest critique because I saw the roles from Cronin pretty early in the game where he asked me to fill in. But I think it would have been pretty tough to determine Neuqua as the bodyguard and pretty easy to peg oliegirl as the seer by the last couple of days.

In terms of role secrecy vs reveals, I try to measure risk/reward. There is not a ton of reward to coming out as the seer on Day 1 because you can't clear anyone and you become a target. But by Day 4 of this game if the seer could have cleared two people plus herself, that would have started to really turn the heat up on the remaining wolves.

A secondary factor is the personal win vs the team win, which comes into play more with the bigger games. Obviously you want to do both, but my primary objective as a villager is to be as big a detriment to the wolves as possible. That may mean that I help the team more with an action that puts me at greater risk - again, using a mid-game seer reveal as an example of this.

I was pretty surprised that you guys did not go after Glengoyne the day after the LoneStarGirl hanging without him being cleared by a seer. In this case it was a very good surprise for the villagers and a bad one for the wolves.

What happened on the night that the wolves didn't get a kill? Did Neuqua block them or was an action not submitted? I don't think it was going to impact the game all that much, but I was curious ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #478
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

What happened on the night that the wolves didn't get a kill? Did Neuqua block them or was an action not submitted? I don't think it was going to impact the game all that much, but I was curious ...

I believe lighthousekeeper said he targetted Bek, and Neuqua protected Bek. LHK said it was a toss-up between them.

I too was pleasantly surprised by the turn of events after the LSG lynching. During the game I figured that Olie must have cleared me. Now I think it was great deduction on her part. I actually figured I'd get lynched due to a rookie move in my first game. I was going to petition SkyDog to have my title changed to "I'm a bad villager".
Old 10-09-2006, 11:16 PM   #479
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I was going to petition SkyDog to have my title changed to "I'm a bad villager".

I think that's reserved for Schmidty.