Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2006, 11:37 PM   #51
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
If you open the bad door, does it kill you outright or is there a chance you might live or do you have to pick a fellow prisoner, etc?

only one way to find out

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:47 PM   #52
Lorena
Unregistered

Okay, I finished watching Saw II and re-read the rules. So are the assistants hiding amongst the prisoners or are they elsewhere? I'm not entirely sure if I missed something.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #53
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Okay, I finished watching Saw II and re-read the rules. So are the assistants hiding amongst the prisoners or are they elsewhere? I'm not entirely sure if I missed something.

they are among the prisoners in the same way the wolves are hidden among the villegars
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:51 PM   #54
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I believe the prisoners = the Villagers
and
The assistants = the wolves

I'm guessing the freaky killer guy is out and about setting the traps Lathum Lathum is talking about.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #55
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
VOTE ST.CRONIN

Im not afraid to start things off, though it amount to a random vote for someone who earned it with recent actions in past games.

You are brave Blade... very very brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
If you open the bad door, does it kill you outright or is there a chance you might live or do you have to pick a fellow prisoner, etc?

I wonder if watching the movies will give us additional info than some people who haven't seen it yet. I know Lathum mentioned that we don't need knowledge of the movie to play the game. But ya never know.

I just finished watching Saw II and it was freaking awesome. It wasn't as much of the psycological thriller than the first, but it was still pretty damn good.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:02 AM   #56
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You are brave Blade... very very brave.

Its a fine line between brave and arrogant...im glad you chose to be kind DC

You know me, i dont like quiet and lack of activity. The earlier we start putting people on the spot the more info we can glean. Now, thats predicated upon the assumption everyone will discuss and be active, which might be a false hope. Only time will tell...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:20 AM   #57
Tyrith
College Starter

I wouldn't worry too much about the source material. Very rarely do the GMs make mechanics visable like that, they just stick to the game in and of itself, and use the setting for flavor, unless it is something they tell us about.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:01 AM   #58
saldana
Pro Starter

in the spirit of randomness,

vote tyrith

(i asked my wife to pick a number between 1 and 12)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:39 AM   #59
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Prisoner Oliegirl checking in...I'll be stopping in during the day to catch up and put my 2 cents in.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:53 AM   #60
Lorena
Unregistered

I like the immunity/possible death of the first to cast a successful/unsucessful vote on a victim. If this individual has a key and ends up getting lynched, for my own sake I hope I'm right.

Vote Sndvls

Random, first day vote, subject to change... yadda yadda yadda.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #61
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote Blade

"recent actions?"

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #62
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I like the immunity/possible death of the first to cast a successful/unsucessful vote on a victim. If this individual has a key and ends up getting lynched, for my own sake I hope I'm right.

Vote Sndvls

Random, first day vote, subject to change... yadda yadda yadda.

back at you...well that and they traded Sun Devil Alumni Lo Duca too
vote Dodgerchick
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #63
Izulde
Head Coach

Vote Oliegirl

For no reason other than her sniffing me out last game.

I'm a prisoner this go-round though, so it'll be interesting seeing how the other half lives.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #64
saldana
Pro Starter

i never saw either of these movies...i dont really watch horror flicks....can someone that has seen them give me a primer?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #65
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Vote Oliegirl

For no reason other than her sniffing me out last game.

I'm a prisoner this go-round though, so it'll be interesting seeing how the other half lives.

So because of the fact that I'm intuitive and figured you out early in the game hurts me? If you really are a prisoner shouldn't you be thinking more along the lines of "Hmmm, Olie played well last time and somehow figured me out right away - maybe I should do what I can to keep her alive so she can help us win"???? Seems awfully assistant-ish to me...

VOTE IZULDE
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #66
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i never saw either of these movies...i dont really watch horror flicks....can someone that has seen them give me a primer?

Saw I

Saw II

It's basically all about the choices you make and solving puzzles.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #67
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well my favorite number is 10, and since we are all being so random I decided to pick whoever was the tenth person to sign up for this game.

Vote Blade
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #68
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
So because of the fact that I'm intuitive and figured you out early in the game hurts me? If you really are a prisoner shouldn't you be thinking more along the lines of "Hmmm, Olie played well last time and somehow figured me out right away - maybe I should do what I can to keep her alive so she can help us win"???? Seems awfully assistant-ish to me...

VOTE IZULDE

Oliegirl, this is actually quite normal in WW especially on day 1 votes when we have nothing to go on.

Interesting how everyone voted for the person who voted for them. Should be for an entertaining showdown towards the end of the day.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:51 PM   #69
Swaggs
Coordinator

Does anyone see any merit of forcing a tie on day 1?

I usually like to get a lynching done on day 1, just to build a history, but recently my philosophy has been changing, since usually the wolves can manipulate things better than we can because they can vote in blocks and usually a villager is lynched on day 1.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #70
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Does anyone see any merit of forcing a tie on day 1?

I usually like to get a lynching done on day 1, just to build a history, but recently my philosophy has been changing, since usually the wolves can manipulate things better than we can because they can vote in blocks and usually a villager is lynched on day 1.

In a simple, small game like this, I think you might be right. In a large game, I think day 1 showdowns are more likely to end up as villager v. villager, so analysis of votes tends to be useless.

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #71
Swaggs
Coordinator

I will be back in a few hours.

Hope to see more discussion/thoughts on working on a tie.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #72
Tyrith
College Starter

I agree with the idea of a tie today. Day One is shaping up to be perfect for getting a random good guy killed because the winner is likely to only have three or so votes. If we force a tie we might can figure out what will happen, and we can watch to see if anyone tries to screw around with the vote to unbreak the tie at the deadline.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #73
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saw I

Saw II

It's basically all about the choices you make and solving puzzles.

funny I saw (no pun intended) a preview for Saw III last night.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #74
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

Saldana,

The killer often sets people up with a decision to hurt someone else in order to save themselves or let themselves get hurt. The picture DC shows us earlier in the thread is a girl with a contraption attached to her jaws. It works like a reverse bear trap set on a timer. When the time is up, it will open splitting her skull in two. There is a guy strapped to a table next to her. She is told the key to the jaw trap is inside his stomach and there is a scalpel laying there. That particular choice is to murder the guy (cut open his guts) to get the key and let yourself out or let your skull split open.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #75
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think the tie is a poor idea. If there was a tie breaker role or mechanic to break the tie, then maybe you could get something out of it. The rules post, says a tie results in “no lynch” and that is bad for the prisoners. Any activity that does not increase your chances of hitting an assistant on the next turn is not good for the prisoners
Old 10-17-2006, 03:13 PM   #76
Tyrith
College Starter

*rereads rules* Yep, tie is no lynch. Hrm.

My problem with Day One is that we're just picking blindly, we have _zero_ real information to go off of. We only have a one-in-six (17%) chance of hitting a bad guy randomly, and our real odds are probably significantly less than that because the bad guys can probably lynch with three, maybe four votes if we don't do anything today.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #77
Lorena
Unregistered

I'm not really sure about a tie either. I mean at least we have a shot at an assistant, which is better than no shot at all. The possibility of lynching a villager is really high, but there's still that small chance. If there's a tie, we miss a day in a possible lynching of an assistant.

I say no tie.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #78
Tyrith
College Starter

After doing some math about the numbers and some likely scenarios, I don't suppose it's really worth keeping the extra villager alive...my only problem is, who do we kill? And how do we manage to make any sense of the voting record after we decide to kill this person?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #79
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
After doing some math about the numbers and some likely scenarios, I don't suppose it's really worth keeping the extra villager alive...my only problem is, who do we kill? And how do we manage to make any sense of the voting record after we decide to kill this person?

Yeah, that's the crapshoot that is Day 1 voting. So it comes down to whether or not we wanna take that small shot at getting an assistant, or do we wanna lose a day?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:57 PM   #80
Tyrith
College Starter

If we are only going to kill a good guy what have we lost by passing up a day? Assuming the bad guys can communicate (and considering the ratio, they almost have to be able to) then they can swing the vote subtlely unless we dump five or six votes on someone. A no-information situation is not a good one.

The only problem is that we could be in this exact same spot tomorrow. The odds of picking up information tonight are not very good. So it might be good to create some pressure.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #81
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, so a tie is a bad idea. I think it may be worth it, though, to settle on two candidates.

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #82
st.cronin
General Manager

vote count:

Blade - 2, st.cronin, LoneStargirl
st.cronin - 1, Blade
Neuqua - 1, Gram
tyrith - 1, saldana
Sndvls - 1, dodgerchick
dodgerchick - 1, SnDvls
Izulde - 1, oliegirl
oliegirl - 1, Izulde

I don't see votes from Neuqua, tyrith,and Swaggs. I would suggest that those three not cast votes for people who have 0 votes, but rather pick from the above list.

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #83
Tyrith
College Starter

I really don't like doing this, because I don't have any good reason for doing so except other than trying to create some pressure and a response. I'm certainly open to new ideas, but it's time to start trying to do something.

VOTE BLADE
Old 10-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #84
Lorena
Unregistered

It works both ways. It's easy for an assistant to hide behind the tie strategy that's being suggested and you're right Tyrith, in the end, we would have learned nothing and we're back to square one tomorrow with no voting pattern.

I just don't like the idea of losing a day, that is all.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #85
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I really don't like doing this, because I don't have any good reason for doing so except other than trying to create some pressure and a response. I'm certainly open to new ideas, but it's time to start trying to do something.

VOTE BLADE

Im not an assistant...if i was why would i come out and be the first to vote? And if i was i would claim a random pick and not actual personal reasons...come on guys, your making a mistake in killing me...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #86
Blade6119
Coordinator

And i hate the tie-idea...there is no reason not to lynch someone today
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #87
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, im down 3-1...anyone want to come to my aid?
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #88
st.cronin
General Manager

The only people who know for sure that you're a villager are the wolves, Blade. Do you see anything in anybody's posts that alarms you?

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #89
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Im not an assistant...if i was why would i come out and be the first to vote? And if i was i would claim a random pick and not actual personal reasons...come on guys, your making a mistake in killing me...

I know. The risk thing came to mind as soon as I cast the vote, and it makes me kind of hate this entire situation.

Only speculation -- knowing you, blade, and considering the size of this game, this could have been some sort of ultra-brave play taking a chance to try to steamroll one of the other highly experienced players, using what you're saying now as a fallback plan. This seems unlikely to me, seeing that you seem to stick to a solid game usually, but the thought crossed my mind.

Still open to a change in plans.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #90
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I know. The risk thing came to mind as soon as I cast the vote, and it makes me kind of hate this entire situation.

Only speculation -- knowing you, blade, and considering the size of this game, this could have been some sort of ultra-brave play taking a chance to try to steamroll one of the other highly experienced players, using what you're saying now as a fallback plan. This seems unlikely to me, seeing that you seem to stick to a solid game usually, but the thought crossed my mind.

Still open to a change in plans.

To be perfectly honest, if i was bad my night one kill was going to be LSG. Night two was going to be swaggs. Its well documented i like to kill of the vets early, so i would have gone a different route. I voted you for comments you made two games ago that i didnt particularly enjoy, nothing more.

Cronin, im good...you guys dont want to kill me on day 1...what more can i say?
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #91
Tyrith
College Starter

I understand now why there are only two wolves, as the shorter game makes these initial days of mass disorientation hurt more. I was fairly certain there was a conversion ability out there before, but now...I don't know.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #92
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ok, i meant to quote cronin and not tyrith
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #93
SnDvls
Pro Starter

has anyone not checked in?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #94
st.cronin
General Manager

But the assistants know where the keys are, so they wouldn't be afraid to make a first vote. Right?

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #95
Lorena
Unregistered

Geez Blade, I kinda feel bad for you; you seem to always be the target of a lynch early in the game and I don't get it.

I don't know if you're an assistant or a prisoner, but I actually like having you around because you keep the conversations going.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #96
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
The only people who know for sure that you're a villager are the wolves, Blade. Do you see anything in anybody's posts that alarms you?

Well people trying to get me killed on day one alarms me as usual. I dont at all mind your vote back for me, but the other 2 are odd. Outside of that, i see 1 vote that piques my interest but id prefer to hold off on attacking someone else until i have to. Its not definite, so i dont want to want to place blame until i have more or am desperate.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #97
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
But the assistants know where the keys are, so they wouldn't be afraid to make a first vote. Right?

I was referencing more the fact it draws attention to me then the keys. We only have a 1/4 chance of hitting a key today, so im not too worried about it.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #98
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Geez Blade, I kinda feel bad for you; you seem to always be the target of a lynch early in the game and I don't get it.

I don't know if you're an assistant or a prisoner, but I actually like having you around because you keep the conversations going.

Would you be willing to swap onto someone with a vote already with me to create a tie, and thefore a shot of me not dying based on other players?
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #99
st.cronin
General Manager

I think tyrith's third vote was decidedly odd. I would have expected him to go in a different direction.

unvote Blade
vote Tyrith

2-2 now.

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #100
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so is this going to be our two person race or do we want a three person race?
I'll gladly move my vote if dodger does as well